"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
The best strategy I'm finding for daily "C" this week is pit first lap...as long as not many people in front of you do the same. Its super boring, but you spend most of the race by yourself and have little to no battling with anyone else. I got my qually down to a 1:36.8 in the Ferrari. Actually a second off the euro leader boards. Super rare for me! That'll change in a day or so though. I'm sure my qually will only be good for a mid-pack start in the B-lobbies soon enough :lol:

Last edited:
How does the Megane Trophy fare at RBR? Tis good on tyres so should be able to fight to the death, but does it get swallowed up on the straights??

You’ll get murdered on the straights. Tyre wear isn’t an issue if you don’t use the throttle as an on/off switch
Okay, it'll stay parked up in the garage then. How about it's less aggressively-styled brother? That thing should be much more competitive if tyre wear isn't a factor at this one.

Not tried the Megane yet, can confirm the RCZ is the fastest for me having tried the TT and Scirocco as well. Tyre wear is next to nothing.

Got my qualy to a 37.1 but there's maybe 3 tenths more i'd say. Trickiest thing is avoiding track penalties, they are so easy to incur.

Yard_sale that's a pretty good time, well into the top half of A drivers. Remember last time we were here in these cars the FF all had a bit more power.

Last edited:
Its not avoiding track limits thats my issue, it's other drivers.
If your not willing to dive at every corner be ready slowly trickle sideways down the order.

It is a great track for racing IF you race cleanly. T1 is fools gold, usually means you are both slow if you try and pass there, you really need to be WELL up the inside. T3 and T4 are the best corners, two good drivers can pass in those two spots if they behave and give room. The worst corners are the last two, it never works, always messy through there if someone tries to pass.

FYI, anyone who’s thinking of doing race A. Keep in mind that you’ll be at an unfair disadvantage already as people are cheating the quali with wall smash.
Wish I saw this comment before attempting a qualy... Now I have to do it too. >_>

I’m using the Ferrari for Race C this week and I can see that it can hold its own against the FF cars. I just need to keep it on track and get a better qualifying time and I think I can bet better results that what I had tonight.

My qualifying time so far is a 1:37.8XX which was good for P12 on the start grid. I expended to be a bit higher, but I made it work well enough. Nothing of too bad in terms of dirty driving from my fellow drivers. Some attempted dives, but nothing I couldn’t defend. I pit on lap 2 to avoid the traffic and come out P16 and everyone just drives to the end. I had a 1.5 second off track from a combo of the final 2 turns somehow at one point. That might have cost me positions, but it’s hard to judge with the pit stops being so spread out by everyone. Anyway, I do my thing and find myself in some nice clean battles in the middle of the pack. I did accidentally bump a few people from behind in the last few laps but didn’t pass or take advantage of that. The race was really close for P9 in the end with me in P11, and I get lucky when P9 goes wide to secure P10. Or so I thought. 2 drivers forget to pit, and I jump to P8. Bonus!

The race was fun, and I got my best result in weeks. I just hope next few races I have will be the same enjoyable experience as tonight.

The issue with the Ferrari in the race, in A/A+ rooms, is it gets mugged for the first three laps. Its just not quite fast enough and the drivers find themselves mired in packs. Second half of the race and it is really strong, it isngreat on tyres so by lap 6 its a menace.

Everyone is pitting in the first 2 laps, so if I have clean air I just stay out until someone catches me then i pit looking for more clean air.

Got my qualy down to a 1.36.8 with the Megane, but find on used rubber she doeant turn in as well as the rcz. Regardless, I go backwards in races, consistently losing two to three places.

Somehow though, driving rating up to near 38k so i must be in high dr rooms.

The issue with the Ferrari in the race, in A/A+ rooms, is it gets mugged for the first three laps. Its just not quite fast enough and the drivers find themselves mired in packs. Second half of the race and it is really strong, it isngreat on tyres so by lap 6 its a menace.

Everyone is pitting in the first 2 laps, so if I have clean air I just stay out until someone catches me then i pit looking for more clean air.

Got my qualy down to a 1.36.8 with the Megane, but find on used rubber she doeant turn in as well as the rcz. Regardless, I go backwards in races, consistently losing two to three places.

Somehow though, driving rating up to near 38k so i must be in high dr rooms.
I was largely watching the Canada vs Mexico soccer game but I noticed that you were right behind Z28 in his stream.

I hope to get some races in tomorrow if my back is up to it.

Last edited:
Z28? What car?

I'm getting mugged on used rubber through the doubled left hander mid lap, losing a solid half a second to peers there.

I have to say, 3 races and they were pretty clean, good racing. Qualy is absurdly right, one tenth can mean 8 places.

No you don't.
Guess my challenge this week is to not join the dark side.

-------

So I've been thinking races should last 2 weeks, with new races each week as it used to be in GT6. I found myself really enjoying the Autopolis combo last week, but I spent all my time just trying to better my qualy time. It would have been great to also get some racing in once I was satisfied with my qualifying performance. I don't have much time during the week to put towards the game so having a race be available longer would be great.

So last night I finished up some livery work on an Evo rally car, then took that for 10 laps of Laguna Seca to get some mileage on the thing because I've barely used it. I settled into a pretty nice groove lapping consistently and nailing the corkscrew every lap bar one. From there I jumped straight into Race B qualy in the Genesis. The last time this combo came around I ran the Genesis and managed to crack a 1:30.8 lap time, so I was hopeful I would be able to get a good lap time quickly. Well... the contrast between the Evo Gr.B on RS and the Genesis Gr.3 on RM is insane. The Hyundai felt like it was riding on CH tyres, understeering like mad, losing the rear every time a slow corner was encountered, sliding under braking - complete mind reset to drive it! After three laps of pure amateur antics, I finally strung together a lap where I didn't run off track (much) but that was still only good for a 32,8, which is miiiiiles off the pace, and second-last on my friends list! Tonight will see more laps of DTG in the Genesis - I want to get that lap time down to what it was last time, because I know it has much more to give than my terrible attempt last night!

Got lucky this morning in Race B.

Race B and AMG GT3 is my pick of the week. Some races are pretty intense with a train of car looking for the infamous gap.

Doing pretty well in race 1 (B). I started 5th, moved up to 3rd, but got passed (cleanly) thanks to #4 having the slipstream down the main straight. OK, I'm in 4th, we're on the last lap, I'm keeping close to the leaders. Well, except for 1st. He ran away from everyone and had about a 10 second lead on #2. Just.....FAST! Anyway..... I get hit from behind at the hairpin, knocked wide, and get passed by the hitter and the car behind him. I finished 6th. And of course no penalty for him.

Race 2 went much better. I started 5th, again, but finished 3rd. I was in 2nd coming out of the hairpin on the 1st lap (others ran wide), but couldn't hold off the 3rd place driver; he was just a faster driver than me. He made a clean pass on lap 3. I was ahead of 4th place by more than 4 seconds at that point so all I had to do was not mess up anything major and I had a podium spot. I kept it cool, concentrated on driving instead of trying to race a faster driver (#2), kept a decent pace, and got the last podium spot. Overall, this race was much, much cleaner with some good racing.

Back