"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Does anyone know how to get a lap under 1'13'000 on the Tsukuba circuit? I keep trying to copy the ghost at the beginning. There's a trick at that first turn/corner where you have to find the perfect line where you have a good exit speed without sliding the car. Plus the u-turn before the finish I feel I'm losing time somewhere.
Did you try to set the TCS to 1? sometimes adjusting the TCS gives you these hundreds of a second. Could also cost you, but as @IGOTMAXPOWER once mentioned, if the TCS slows you down, you messed up the curve entrance all along.

Oooof...knew it was comin', just hadn't braced for the MASSIVE hit I took yesterday. In the span of THREE races, I lost a total of 11,000+ dr and 46 sr. Three races. Wow...if you had asked the day before yesterday of that was possible, I'd have said no.

I think I know why...poor finish in two prior races and an incident that dented my sr. The third and final entry went south from turn 1 on. I was getting pinballed and beached and completely lost my cool. After the second calamitous affair in that race, I just bailed. I think my sr dropped so low that it downgraded my to A @ 40K. Oh well, just moved the goal posts a bit further out, but I'll be back. Races should be interesting with 53 sr. :D

One of my favorite lines from "Meet the Robinsons" was "Keep moving forward", time to put that into practice. :cheers:

How/where are you measuring your DR/SR in GT7 these days? I feel like a nube...

How/where are you measuring your DR/SR in GT7 these days? I feel like a nube...
No need to feel like a noob, I have no clue either...this is referring to GTS...:D

I've not even logged in to GT7 to see if sites likes KudosPrime have that on offer for GT7. Can anyone verify if similar stats are/will be available for GT7?

:cheers:

No need to feel like a noob, I have no clue either...this is referring to GTS...:D

I've not even logged in to GT7 to see if sites likes KudosPrime have that on offer for GT7. Can anyone verify if similar stats are/will be available for GT7?

Not available, but with a workaround you can track your DR

@Mc_Yavel 700th win ha? don't take it easy, just because it seems like a lot. I'm only 691 wins short. I did a vague estimation, it takes me only 66 years. in 66! years I gonna knock on your door, holding my hand with only my thumb and pointing finger stretched out, on my forehead and call out:"loser! , I have 701 wins"
I read your comment again and just tried to comprehend this immense amount of wins. Do you know, by any chance, the most wins someone has? ...
I know it's a lot of wins but I also play a lot of the game. I run at least 3 races a day, almost every day. I need my racing fix somewhere in my day and just 1 races doesn't do the trick. That's why i put the % of win, it give a better picture. It's only 12% of all the races i did. But it's definitely a number that put a smile on my face. Worth mentioning I never trick the game to put me into room for easy win and I only have 1 account.

Back in GT5 with lobby racing, I realize there's always that alien and I would never win a race. Shuffle race I could get lucky and win a from time to time. GTS did well with there matchmaking but I know win is a distant dream for many racers even more at the moment with less and less player. Bad matchmaking are the norm now.
Does anyone know how to get a lap under 1'13'000 on the Tsukuba circuit? I keep trying to copy the ghost at the beginning. There's a trick at that first turn/corner where you have to find the perfect line where you have a good exit speed without sliding the car. Plus the u-turn before the finish I feel I'm losing time somewhere.

The first turn is a late apex, brake close to 50m marker. Go deep on the entry, let the car decelerate while rotating and your right wheels should be close to inside curb on the second half of the turn.

Turn 4 is banked, aim for the green stuff inside the curve, you can put your two left wheel in there.

Turn 5 is flatout (or small lift while hitting the inside curb) with two inside wheels on the grass and the exit with two wheels almost off track.

Turn 8 is also banked. Brake around 50m, be sure to grab the inside on the second part of the curve and stay there. The outside is slow and coming out of the curve to soon, you get off the banking and lose grip.

Turn 9, no brake (or close to none), gently lift throttle around pit board coast and minimum input on steering wheel. Right wheel close to curb from half the curve but you can also grap the inside from almost the beginning.

The car is also tricky, minimize the noise your tires make on turn in. Be sure to straighten the steering wheel when re-applying the gaz, especially turn 1 and 9.

This guy gives good lap guide

51159721622_1a5cf42fb8_c.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent piece of racing late in Race C yesterday.

There is this A+ driver who's winning them all from the back in the AM and also a Corvette not close behind. My last stint is on Med and the AM on Soft, so there is no reason for me to fight the AM. My target is to let him pass and then protect my second place against the other Corvette.

I keep it on the racing line and let the AM do is thing, he going to be far away really soon. But for whatever reason I could stand my ground against the AM and it finally got into a 3 way fight.

@mellofello9 Good racing this morning. Pole / Win / FL, good job on that win, you were under pressure for much of the first stint. Glad to have a proper fight with you, from my 3rd position I thought your pace was good enough for Soft tires and the fact you and 2nd place were on big fights meant that I couldn't really go for a move without being a jerk. Had a couple of chance but couldn't really made them stick. When you got into pits and I saw you started on Med. I knew I was screwed.

Week commencing August 1st races:

Race A: Autopolis Short
6 Laps | GR4 | Tire: Racing Medium

Race B: Autódromo de Interlagos
5 Laps | GR3 | Tire: Racing Medium

Race C: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
10 Laps | GR4 | Tire: Racing Hard | Tire Wear: x2 | Fuel Cons.: x1 | Mandatory Stop: 1 Time

Farewell, Sardegna A.

Excellent piece of racing late in Race C yesterday.

There is this A+ driver who's winning them all from the back in the AM and also a Corvette not close behind. My last stint is on Med and the AM on Soft, so there is no reason for me to fight the AM. My target is to let him pass and then protect my second place against the other Corvette.

I keep it on the racing line and let the AM do is thing, he going to be far away really soon. But for whatever reason I could stand my ground against the AM and it finally got into a 3 way fight.

Way to keep it cool!! I almost always crack in those situations...just enough to watch everyone disappear on the horizon. :D

Good racing this morn', nice to see you out there. Had taken some days off to lick my wounds after being put firmly in my place. Gettin' back into the groove and been having a lot of fun when the racing is clean. Trudging back up through the SR ranks from 'B' was not pretty. Tough to make progress when it's less racing and more demolition derby but very rewarding when you make it back to 'S.'

Have a great weekend everyone...see you on the tarmac!:cheers:

10 Laps | GR4 | Tire: Racing Hard | Tire Wear: x2 | Fuel Cons.: x1 | Mandatory Stop: 1 Time

Farewell, Sardegna A.
Welcome to PDFWDFM or The Polyphony Digital FWD Festival Month.

I'm afraid Race C with only x2 multiplier for tires will not be enough to get rid of FWD on the grid. I have decent pace at Catalunya, should be good.

With the right people Intergalos could be really fun even if it's only 5 laps.

Race A, punt fest at the hairpin.

Anyway, it's definitely a welcome change!

Way to keep it cool!! I almost always crack in those situations...just enough to watch everyone disappear on the horizon. :D

Good racing this morn', nice to see you out there. Had taken some days off to lick my wounds after being put firmly in my place. Gettin' back into the groove and been having a lot of fun when the racing is clean. Trudging back up through the SR ranks from 'B' was not pretty. Tough to make progress when it's less racing and more demolition derby but very rewarding when you make it back to 'S.'

Have a great weekend everyone...see you on the tarmac!:cheers:
I feel you. Climbing back the SR ladder is dull, you have to hold up on racing a bit and not forget what you are there for: "Getting back to SR.S and then racing"

@mellofello9 Good racing this morning. Pole / Win / FL, good job on that win, you were under pressure for much of the first stint. Glad to have a proper fight with you, from my 3rd position I thought your pace was good enough for Soft tires and the fact you and 2nd place were on big fights meant that I couldn't really go for a move without being a jerk. Had a couple of chance but couldn't really made them stick. When you got into pits and I saw you started on Med. I knew I was screwed.
That was a fun race and it was nice to share some track with you. Got a bit dicey on L2 into T1 but we all managed to keep it clean. Those are the moments that separate the good from the bad from the evil. Everybody wants to win but you quickly find-out who has the patience to earn it versus those who want to steal it. :D

I've been running nothing but Mediums for any practice sessions I do. Figured I'd get as fast as I can on the slower tires to make my life a bit easier. I've actually come to prefer the Mediums/Hards for the stability but both come up short on pace. I knew you were on Softs but wasn't sure about the other person in our trio. Had I known I would've let them through but they weren't crawlin' up my tailpipe, either.

Most importantly, though, I thank you for your reserve...there were a couple times I fully expected you to blow on by. That ended up being the best race of the day!:cheers:

@mellofello9 I'm way more relax when I race someone I know. I don't want to screw up a friend and I see it as we are a team. If you're in front, have the pace, I sit there put pressure and wait for the mistake. Yesterday and also today, I was the one who made the mistake. Today, from right on your tail to 2 sec behind after I clip the grass, your 1.40.4 made me realize it was going to be hard to catch back up.

Another great race today. I think you did not see me on your left on lap 1 turn 2-3 and we slow each other down and gave the opportunity to dirty driver to put us out. We manage to get back to the position we deserve!

That Argentinian guy you took off was an absolute mess to race with, hitting every cars off in his way. I was surprised you apologize to him at the end, I thought you hit him intentionally since he caused you, myself and others so much trouble and he was the reason you drop midfield. I took care of him on lap two but it didn't go as well as I was hoping for. I'm not really good at being dirty.

Pictures from yesterday race.

52238714705_c0d46e68c5_c.jpg

52237240807_e99ac01d09_c.jpg

Last edited:
@mellofello9 I'm way more relax when I race someone I know. I don't want to screw up a friend and I see it as we are a team. If you're in front, have the pace, I sit there put pressure and wait for the mistake. Yesterday and also today, I was the one who made the mistake. Today, from right on your tail to 2 sec behind after I clip the grass, your 1.40.4 made me realize it was going to be hard to catch back up.

Another great race today. I think you did not see me on your left on lap 1 turn 2-3 and we slow each other down and gave the opportunity to dirty driver to put us out. We manage to get back to the position we deserve!

That Argentinian guy you took off was an absolute mess to race with, hitting every cars off in his way. I was surprised you apologize to him at the end, I thought you hit him intentionally since he caused you, myself and others so much trouble and he was the reason you drop midfield. I took care of him on lap two but it didn't go as well as I was hoping for. I'm not really good at being dirty.

Pictures from yesterday race.

52238714705_c0d46e68c5_c.jpg

52237240807_e99ac01d09_c.jpg
@Mc_Yavel I wasn't sure if it was him or someone else who caused the ruckus...thought I'd play it safe and apologize. I didn't spike him on purpose, he dove wide and stood on the brakes early to undercut the person in front and I simply was NOT ready for it. As far as that goes, I did feel bad as it was completely unintentional but, damn, check your mirror...I was closing hard and he removed 14+ feet of braking zone in the blink of an eye. Thanks for clearing that up for the next time I see him on the grid behind me. If I ran into you I do apologize. I still struggle to track everyone when there's a bunch of us shooting for the same piece of pavement.

A huge thank you for the pics!! I always forget to save the replay. The second pic makes one wonder how the hell I stayed in front. Lovin' the first one, too! It was a blast and thanks for the assists to get us back to the front...would not have pulled that off flying solo!! :cheers:

Lookin' forward to the rematch...:D

Farewell, Sardegna A.
How do you find out the race schedules so far in advance?

How do you find out the race schedules so far in advance?
They're reading the tea leaves...I mean, it's RIGHT THERE in the name... :D

I think commoners have to use sites like KudosPrime, though:
1658751800987.png

Great site to see your stats, leaderboards, populate your garage, etc. :cheers:

EDIT: The countdown seems off, or I'm not understanding what the "3 days 9 hours..." is referencing, but you should be able to start qualifying/racing on the new tracks as of 8/3

Last edited:
They're reading the tea leaves...I mean, it's RIGHT THERE in the name... :D

I think commoners have to use sites like KudosPrime, though:
View attachment 1176588
Great site to see your stats, leaderboards, populate your garage, etc. :cheers:

EDIT: The countdown seems off, or I'm not understanding what the "3 days 9 hours..." is referencing, but you should be able to start qualifying/racing on the new tracks as of 8/3
I see what you did there. Nicely done.

I'm aware of Kudosprime, I just never knew it was giving out the race schedules a week in advance. Keen to know how that site obtains the info before the "commoners" get access to it.

I'm aware of Kudosprime, I just never knew it was giving out the race schedules a week in advance. Keen to know how that site obtains the info before the "commoners" get access to it.
This always intrigued me as well. They seem to dig a LOT of useful data out of the ether. I had assumed an API or something was doing the lifting. I was surprised by the fact that there'd be a gateway to even pull that data from as it would imply some sort of collaboration to have the API developed...then I concluded that I was overthinking it and went back to blindly consuming the numbers.

Of similar curiosity is the fact that this same level of detail is not available for GT7 players yet. I entered GTS late...like, a couple years ago late, so have no idea how this all played-out in GTS as it was maturing. Whatever that looks like, it'd be nice to see it when I start playing GT7. I think @Sven Jurgens crafted a way to figure it out in '7 (couple posts above). But, and if history repeats as it should, I won't start playing the current title until just before they sunset it, so there's time. :D

@Milouse is the man with all the knowledge, the creator of Kudosprime

For GT Sport

GT Sport had an Api that provided lots of useful info. GT7 doesn't have that (yet?)

New races are up for next week month:

A. Autopolis, 6 laps GR.4 RM
B. Interlagos, 5 laps GR.3 RM
C. Catalunya, 10 laps GR.4 RH (x2) 1 mandatory pit stop.

With x1 fuel and x2 tire wear on RH, you can stop 'n go in lap 1 or lap 9, don't need to change tires...

Last edited:
@Milouse is the man with all the knowledge, the creator of Kudosprime

For GT Sport

GT Sport had an Api that provided lots of useful info. GT7 doesn't have that (yet?)

New races are up for next week month:

A. Autopolis, 6 laps GR.4 RM
B. Interlagos, 5 laps GR.3 RM
C. Catalunya, 10 laps GR.4 RH (x2) 1 mandatory pit stop.

With x1 fuel and x2 tire wear on RH, you can stop 'n go in lap 1 or lap 9, don't need to change tires...
Really lookin' forward to Catalunya in the Gr.4's. The Mustang is so much fun to drive and on the RH's it's about as stable as you could hope for in a RWD.

An added bonus being that the go-to cars for this event (likely a Scirocco/Megane Festival of Annoyance) bounce right off when they play dirty. It's a bit of a pig so you really gotta commit to knockin' the thing off the track. It's like pitchin' tin cans at a keg, mostly. :D

Gr.3's battling into the last chicane at 'Lagos oughta be fun, too. :cheers:

You know I don't usually have to pit in the Daily C races which is good. I try to conserve and save as much fuel as possible when it comes to the longer races. I have not gotten any wins for this batch of daily (A,B,and C) races. Maybe the Tsukuba circuit is not my type of track that I'm good at. The only issue is for the daily C races is that if you're in the middle of a race and your connection disconnects then the race is terminated, (like you quit when it was the wi-fi's fault).

You since I started in the first week in February I really haven't had that many wins/pole positions which sucks and it seems like my DR is slipping close to the E rank again, you can probably see my stats in Kudosprime of how I've been doing lately.

Nice little srew up yesterday.

Starting 2nd on Med and pole sitter on Soft. I pit lap 4 and running in the field. Last fast corner of lap5, I'm right onto the bumper of the car in front. I kinda stay on the left and hope he goes right in pit fast to let me keep my momentum.

Driving in cockpit view, I only see is back light and he ran wide a bit, so am I. Too late, Im over the curb and hit the left wall and bounce back on track. The car is in massive tank slapper and I am trying my best to catch the rear. Too late again has the tank slapper throw me into the pit! All that in a blink of an eye!

Pole sitter wins and I'm 20 sec behind. Without that screw up, I could have fight for the win.

I wish I didn't forget to hit share button, it was a priceless moment!

You've got similar company...coming through the final turn onto the straight, driver must have skimmed the left wall on exit and was trying to collect the car again when I enter the picture with 50+ mph on him. He dove right trying to clear the racing line (I hope) but I had already committed to that inside line. Stab the brakes to scrub speed and my +2 brake setting burned me...went sideways. I could either pound the pit entrance trying to stay on track and pick-up a penalty or take the stop-n-go.

I took the pit lane option. Not sure if it was the better choice or not. At that stage my ONLY goal was to not be dfl. :D

Completely unrelated question...does anything change with steering inputs/smoothing when switching between views? For instance, do all input parameters remain the same regardless of view? I ask because I am a bumper cam guy, always have been. For fun I decided to run a race from cockpit view. I was blown-away by how much easier it was to catch/correct snap oversteer and was curious if it was "code-enhanced" or just a matter of being able to react more quickly since you have more visual cues to work with (ex. - A-pillar, dash, wheel, etc.). One thing was certain...forgetting to turn the display information back on PRIOR to race start was a huge mistake. :cheers:

@mellofello9 I do think the steering setting remain the same. When racing GR.1 I use the bumper cam because of their poor view. I find the turn in easier but that might be the fact of heavy downforce or the cam sitting right at the front of the car.

One thing for sure, the slide a way easier to catch on DS4, it's almost impossible on the wheel.

Driving without HUD is only good for Sunday drive at The Nurb in an old car while the sun is setting.

...I don't usually have to pit in the Daily C races which is good. I try to conserve and save as much fuel as possible when it comes to the longer races. I have not gotten any wins for this batch of daily (A,B,and C) races.
The bolded part confuses me...admittedly, though, it's not that hard to do. My avatar is also my spirit animal...:D

Pitting in race 'C' is a requirement. If you make it through the entire race without pitting, you get hit with a 1-minute penalty which will send you way down the ranks at the end. Unless I'm misunderstanding your meaning, not pitting in race 'C' is really, really hurting you.

As for tracks you are and are not good at, I'm in the same boat. There are some events I pass on because I just can't keep pace. Sucks not racing but sucks even MORE dropping Dr. like it's the plague and having a miserable time while doing it. On the flip-side of that, I've also committed to learning some of the tracks I don't like. There are still some that I just don't get along with (Sorry, Brands', just not that into you). Race 'A' also seems to lean more towards dirty participants than the longer races, too.

Still, you can be the fastest one at the track and finish last. It only takes that one mistake/other driver to bring it all crashing down in turn 1. :cheers:

Soooo, that happened.

Did ya' podium??? :D

Worst one I had was a total of three of us but we still made it a good race...you couldn't even turn on a ghost for some company during the race. :cheers:

EDIT: Nice laps, btw. Will work as a lap guide of sorts for me given your runnin' the Mustang, too. While it may not have been fun cruising around by yourself, it made for some super clean laps!:)

Last edited:
Looking back to last week racing and I must say the race were pretty clean up front. Mistake still happened and cars off track here and there but they all fit in "racing incident". I finish the two months stint with a victory yesterday night. Good peoples, fast peoples, clean races and no pole sitter getting away to never be seen again. Anyone from top 5 had a chance to win. No Meta cars and different tires strategy. Real good racing.

I had an unfortunate event with a dirty driver. I know he is dirty but he's not always dirty. I knew he still had to pit and I'm pretty sure he did what he did on purspose.

And this is one of my best Turn 1 overtake. Timed it perfectly

Now to the new race in Spain. I'm not sure I want to race from the back now that I have this little + beside my DR. Usually, I run from the back for the first 3 weeks and on the last week I qualify and try to win couple of races. But racing at the front had been really good lately and I hope people will get their bearing around Catalunya quickly and be there and have some "real racing" just like yesterday night.

Looking back to last week racing and I must say the race were pretty clean up front. Mistake still happened and cars off track here and there but they all fit in "racing incident". I finish the two months stint with a victory yesterday night. Good peoples, fast peoples, clean races and no pole sitter getting away to never be seen again. Anyone from top 5 had a chance to win. No Meta cars and different tires strategy. Real good racing.

I had an unfortunate event with a dirty driver. I know he is dirty but he's not always dirty. I knew he still had to pit and I'm pretty sure he did what he did on purspose.

And this is one of my best Turn 1 overtake. Timed it perfectly

Now to the new race in Spain. I'm not sure I want to race from the back now that I have this little + beside my DR. Usually, I run from the back for the first 3 weeks and on the last week I qualify and try to win couple of races. But racing at the front had been really good lately and I hope people will get their bearing around Catalunya quickly and be there and have some "real racing" just like yesterday night.

Yeah, if that WASN'T an intentional pit-slam that driver should be giving lessons on how to make the fake look real. And BRAVO on the pass, don't know that you could have pulled that off any more perfectly. :cheers:

Agree on the racing, too. I wanted to get some races in yesterday for Sardegna's swan-song and it did NOT disappoint. Some great driving/battles and some excellent racing. Got to see Mc_Yavel, MamaImGoinFast, morefunmadboy and a bunch of others out there...ALL of whom quickly handed me my a$$ and went about their business crushing the rest of the competition. :D

Was strugglin' to keep it clean out there y'day and, as far as I am concerned, turn 13 can go *** itself. Don't get me wrong, the turn/designer didn't do anything wrong. It's just that I've been through there a thousand plus times and still can't hit it consistently. Ready to move on...:D

To your point, @Mc_Yavel, even when on pole, you couldn't get away. Too many good racers just waiting to capitalize on (my frequent) errors. So awesome...looking to carry some of that positive energy into this round!

Thanks for the great racing, everyone!:cheers:

EDIT: @morfastmadboy sorry for butchering the name!! :)

Last edited:
Did ya' podium??? :D

Worst one I had was a total of three of us but we still made it a good race...you couldn't even turn on a ghost for some company during the race. :cheers:

EDIT: Nice laps, btw. Will work as a lap guide of sorts for me given your runnin' the Mustang, too. While it may not have been fun cruising around by yourself, it made for some super clean laps!:)
Thanks. Mostly through the F1 games, I've gotten multiple laps at this track so driving the Mustang around (first time I've done so btw after so many times in the GT500 cars and GR.3 cars) was basically figuring out the car.

I had noticed the races changed last night and after two tries of interlagos, I decided to give this a go and that was what I ended up encountering. Gets me closer to completing the achievements with the pole and fastest laps with those now at only 8 and 2 more to go I guess :lol:

Last edited:
Woooooow do I have so learnin' to do...

Doin' pretty well at Catalunya when I am by myself but have NO CLUE what the hell to do once I'm off the line. The track is wide enough to drive anywhere but some places are WAY faster than others. Also, after driving the Gr.3's for two straight months, the 4's need some nitrous or something...it's like racing in slow-motion. :D

Haven't spent much time at Interlagos but need to dust that one off. I've come to prefer the longer races but the short ones are nice when time is limited. :cheers:

Back