"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Don't know if the time being moved forward was responsible for this, but did not see any of the new races pop up.

Don't know if the time being moved forward was responsible for this, but did not see any of the new races pop up.
They’ll be online tonight (Sunday) at around 11pm (on the west coast).

Good to see you in B this morning mellofello9! You’re quick in that Viper.

I hit the wall twice in the first race and then spun on the kerbs in the second when I was behind you lol!

Good to see you in B this morning mellofello9! You’re quick in that Viper.

I hit the wall twice in the first race and then spun on the kerbs in the second when I was behind you lol!
Good to see you out there! I had a great race with Tofi' that I actually saved. Stuck with them and had some side-by-side stuff. It was was an awesome battle right down to the finish.

The race after you left was a whole different story. Top seven slots were all A+ drivers and .300+ faster...started 6th, ended 7th. BUT, it was a great freakin' race and p3 - 7 spent the whole gig swapping positions. Like you said before, just some amazing driving going on here. :cheers:

Good to see you out there! I had a great race with Tofi' that I actually saved. Stuck with them and had some side-by-side stuff. It was was an awesome battle right down to the finish.

The race after you left was a whole different story. Top seven slots were all A+ drivers and .300+ faster...started 6th, ended 7th. BUT, it was a great freakin' race and p3 - 7 spent the whole gig swapping positions. Like you said before, just some amazing driving going on here. :cheers:
I find those kind of races satisfying even in the mid-pack - close racing against fast drivers. Better than winning or being on the podium in a weaker grid.

Not this evening, no. I did get disconnected earlier in the day, though...sucks sooo bad. If I'm gonna lose points at least let me have a say in it. :banghead:

Good racin' with you today...have a great night and I'll see you at Monza!:cheers:

New races went up (Not at the time I was expecting, but nonetheless they are here). Race A is the Honda NSX at Suzuka, Race B is GR.4 at Monza and Race C is GR.3 at Laguna Seca (Which I want to inform everyone has 2x Fuel and 4x Tire wear on the Racing Hards only with 1 Mandatory stop or else a 1 minute post race penalty awaits you as one guy found out).

As per usual went with race c and unbelievably, managed 4 consecutive pole positions and wins in a row. This now means that later on today is effectively gonna be my last Sport Mode race on GT Sport. Hopefully, I can cap off Pole #65 with a win.

Last edited:
You too. See you in Italy. Wish it was the no chicane version :(
I was kinda bummed about the chicane'd version at first, too, but then found the Viper is at redline by the first one anyway. Mustang is about the same. Still gonna suck havin' BOTH brake punt zones to deal with. :lol:
rearview.gif

Strange to have a mandatory pit stop in C for no reason! Why not allow two tires and have some strategy.

Did two races and came last and first lol. Also made a brief appearance on the top 10 times.

Strange to have a mandatory pit stop in C for no reason! Why not allow two tires and have some strategy.

Did two races and came last and first lol. Also made a brief appearance on the top 10 times.
That does seem strange and would be preferred to have the mediums available...'Seca is kinda tight so the extra grip would be welcomed.😁

Cool on making the top 10 list!! Today was the first that's ever happened for me (Monza)...an accomplishment I thought was completely out of reach a year ago. It won't last, but it was cool while it was there. :cheers:

Yes, cool while it lasts!

I think all these races are copies of old pre-GT7 sport mode races. I recall there being one with a pit stop at Laguna but no need for tires or fuel.

See you at Monza!

Ps man those RHs at Laguna were slidey!

As per usual went with race c and unbelievably, managed 4 consecutive pole positions and wins in a row. This now means that later on today is effectively gonna be my last Sport Mode race on GT Sport. Hopefully, I can cap off Pole #65 with a win.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20230314032417.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20230314032421.png

It is done. I finally achieved a goal I'd thought I realistically would've never even come close to getting but I've done it. That's a wrap on GT Sport for me, been an interesting challenge to chase this but its time for me to (Hopefully) move on to the latest game. Been fun 👍

View attachment 1239294
View attachment 1239295

It is done. I finally achieved a goal I'd thought I realistically would've never even come close to getting but I've done it. That's a wrap on GT Sport for me, been an interesting challenge to chase this but its time for me to (Hopefully) move on to the latest game. Been fun 👍
Congrats and well done...HUGE accomplishment. Much like yourself, that was a "yeah, right" trophy for the longest time. When you look at the requirements, not hard to tell why.:cheers:

See you in GT7, presumably. I have to get off my ass and get a rig built. Have a wheel finally, just need something decent to mount it to. I don't see me being happy with something attached to a table, and I've not the liquidity to buy something I'd be happy with at the moment, so now the real fun commences. Build from scratch.:D

Congrats. I’ve been on GT7 since it launched and I’ve preferred the racing on GTS since I came back to it in the summer. Much cleaner if a bit less competitive.

The one advantage to GT7 is the GTWS (what used to be the FIA Nations and Manufacturers).

Wow, amazing job on the platinum trophy. It might takes ages to get to that level in the game. Guess I'm gonna have to spend several hours doing laps/watching any replay I can to get an idea of how the top drivers get their times. The first half of Suzuka is hard to grasp b/c the NSX slides a lot which I lose traction and sometimes go off track, then I have to start over.

Encountered the dirtiest driver I’ve ever raced against at Laguna a few days ago (on the Americas server).

Won’t give his name as I believe it’s against forum rules. But his livery is Civil War inspired (on the wrong side natch!).

He started P2. I was P3. In T1 (Andretti) he punted P1 off. So dirty. He and I lapped within a second or so for a few laps. He pitted before me. But when I came out of the pits on lap 13 he was just ahead of me. I caught him going up to the Corkscrew and he brake checked me twice and then again at the apex of the left hander going into the turn.

I just let him go. Called him out in the comments and got the usual ‘cry more’ reply

Worth reporting? Is anyone at PD even monitoring GTS anymore?

Lovin' Monza!!! Was havin' a blast with the Mustang for a bit but it just can't keep up with the Bug', no matter how hard I try. Was fun while it lasted, though:
20230321084907.jpg

Learning how to drive the Bugatti has been fun as it's not a car I've used much...like, roughly 11 miles worth of driving in total not much. Getting more comfortable with it and knowing what to do when off the racing line. It might be AWD but the beach is still not the fast way 'round. :cheers:

Encountered the dirtiest driver I’ve ever raced against at Laguna a few days ago (on the Americas server).

Won’t give his name as I believe it’s against forum rules. But his livery is Civil War inspired (on the wrong side natch!).

He started P2. I was P3. In T1 (Andretti) he punted P1 off. So dirty. He and I lapped within a second or so for a few laps. He pitted before me. But when I came out of the pits on lap 13 he was just ahead of me. I caught him going up to the Corkscrew and he brake checked me twice and then again at the apex of the left hander going into the turn.

I just let him go. Called him out in the comments and got the usual ‘cry more’ reply

Worth reporting? Is anyone at PD even monitoring GTS anymore?
I often wondered how effective reporting users was and, to your point, if it's fallen off in GTS with the advent of '7. Wasn't around at the height of popularity for GTS so not really in a position to gauge it myself.

As to the dirty drivers, I've let them ruin one too many races, tbh. Not that I should be better at defending (I should, tho), just that I need to let them go about their business. I'm not good at paybacks and it's not a skillset I should really be trying to hone or anything, so I try to keep on keepin' on. Won't lie, doesn't always work-out...sometimes I DO miss my braking point.:D

:cheers:

It never seemed to be effective when GTS was in full swing so doubt it’ll be worth doing now even tho’ the driver in question was highly toxic.

Checked out the top 10 times for Monza and they’re all Veyrons. Need to get out of the Megane.

Lobbies still full in B and C which is impressive. But man those Racing Hards in C are slidey!

I know where you're coming from...when your go-to just doesn't have the speed you need. The Veyron is fast, you just have to learn how to work with the black magic, physics bending witchery that is awd, and for good instead of evil. I'm a FR guy at heart so MR/FF/RR are AWLAYS a challenge to pilot around the joint.

Took a while but once I channeled my inner rally driver/wrx-junkie self I was able to crack the '56 barrier, and that's all I was after. Oh, subjecting myself to shock-therapy every time I tried to counter-steer out of the chicanes helped a LOT, too.:D

Last edited:
I know where you're coming from...when your go-to just doesn't have the speed you need. The Veyron is fast, you just have to learn how to work with the black magic, physics bending witchery that is awd, and for good instead of evil. I'm a FR guy at heart so MR/FF/RR are AWLAYS a challenge to pilot around the joint.

Took a while but once I channeled my inner rally driver/wrx-junkie self I was able to crack the '56 barrier, and that's all I was after. Oh, subjecting myself to shock-therapy every time I tried to counter-steer out of the chicanes helped a LOT, too.:D

Are the Veyrons dominating the races you are in too, or just the leaderboards?

Are the Veyrons dominating the races you are in too, or just the leaderboards?
The Veyrons only dominate when they can break free...if you can stay in the bubble, you're still in the battle. Likewise if you have someone with the patience to actually work together WITH you to catch the faster break-aways, which is rare.

The Megane is fast enough to pull it off UNLESS you have a pair (or more) Veyrons in front of you working together to gap the pack. Until they screw-up, they're gone. Not that it's saying much but I've been beat plenty of times by 'em. :D

Working together in Gran Turismo is rare! Usually it’s two idiots going side by side into T1 on lap one!

Will give the Bug a try. I always drive in cockpit view so its huge rear view camera really helps!

Last edited:
Well, next round is posted and I'm really, really gonna miss Monza. This is the closest I've been to the leader board ever, hoping I can shave a couple more tenths to make it before they close for the month. :cheers:
Next_Round.PNG

I’m looking forward to C. Never really got along with Interlagos.

How far off the top 10 were you at Monza?

Was enjoying C until the lack of grip from the RHs got too much!

I’m looking forward to C. Never really got along with Interlagos.

How far off the top 10 were you at Monza?

Was enjoying C until the lack of grip from the RHs got too much!
I'm with you on the Interlagos thing...I actually kinda like the track but really struggle to race there. Actually, not SUPER stoked about any of them (rarely a fan of 'A') but am glad we keep getting a new allotment of dailies so it balances out.

At last check, I need to pull three more tenths or so out of my lap (currently at 1:55.333). Frustrating if only because, when I look at session results for 15 laps and look at my absolute best sector times, I can hit high 54's. I just can't seem to stitch all that awesomeness together on the same damn lap. I've got consistency issues. Hoping a wheel can help sort that. :D

RH's are a blast on the right car. Gr.3's are RARELY the right car, lol. The Gr.4's are a freakin' blast, especially anything AWD, though. Kinda fun throwing the cars around on them because you aren't going THAT fast and they're super stable.

Now....back to trying to find that time.:cheers:

I'm with you on the Interlagos thing...I actually kinda like the track but really struggle to race there. Actually, not SUPER stoked about any of them (rarely a fan of 'A') but am glad we keep getting a new allotment of dailies so it balances out.

At last check, I need to pull three more tenths or so out of my lap (currently at 1:55.333). Frustrating if only because, when I look at session results for 15 laps and look at my absolute best sector times, I can hit high 54's. I just can't seem to stitch all that awesomeness together on the same damn lap. I've got consistency issues. Hoping a wheel can help sort that. :D

RH's are a blast on the right car. Gr.3's are RARELY the right car, lol. The Gr.4's are a freakin' blast, especially anything AWD, though. Kinda fun throwing the cars around on them because you aren't going THAT fast and they're super stable.

Now....back to trying to find that time.:cheers:
Yeah, here you on the frustration of not being able to hit your optimal time over one lap. Consistency is not my strong suit.

Still, 1:55 must put you on or near pole in most lobbies? Though one of the cool things about GTS now is that you can race against the top drivers.

It’s a good time to get a wheel as there’s now affordable direct drive ones from Fanatec and Logitech.

Back