"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Haven't been out racing yet, just running qualifying so far. Won't have time today but did see some names on my friends list I haven't seen in a while posting times. I think Maggi' and the 'Ring bring folks back, and depending on what's happenin' in '7. Both great courses, though I appreciate the 'Ring is more of a love/hate relationship for most/all drivers.😁

Hope to get some racing in tomorrow and Friday, will share what kind of numbers I'm seeing but we all know the end is near. I say we enjoy clippin' apexes in there as long as we can. :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok, completely geeked out on the 'Ring race so far and haven't ventured over to Maggi' much, BUT, there's been full grids of 20 over in Race C. That's freakin' awesome! Fully anticipated jumping in there Friday/Saturday only to be welcomed by one or two other drivers. Was not the case at all...ran a handful of races and there were no less than 15 cars in any of them.

I gotta put some time in at Race B this week. I ran a couple laps last night but really, really struggled going from 3's to 4's. Bad enough that you're going from what basically feels like a narrow, well paved goat path at the 'Ring to the wide-open, completely smooth realm of Maggi, but now everything is sloooooooooooooooooooooow. Feels like doing 55 on a tri-oval, is all. 😁

:cheers:

Great to hear about the numbers on C. I did one race and there 8 players. Bigger grid at LM. Long may GTS continue.

Was mainly on GT7 last week getting punted to oblivion at Nurb Sprint. GTS is so much cleaner! This week I am tempted by Race at RBR …

That is the one good thing about the dwindling player-base...most of the folks that are left are either 'clean' or 'clueless', and clueless is pretty easy to put in the rearview. Still some out-n-out dirty drivers but been pretty good of late.👍

RBR would be tough to avoid...especially when it's only there for a week.😁

Yeah, and it’s 13 laps with high tyre wear (10x) and RM and RS mandatory, so strategy plays a role.

Agree, and GTS now just seems more chill. Like fewer drivers are just desperate to pass you.

Great weekend at the 'Ring with lots-o-racers on-hand. Most races I was in were 14+ and some great driving going on...last race of the weekend with @morfastmadboy and a bunch of others was a blast, for instance.:cheers:

I'm still in awe that someone posted an 8:07.xxx on the RH's ('Ring 24H Time Trial). I struggled to hit the 8:19.xxx I did. Was kinda funny, restarted three times because I had a 'crap' time at the first split. Then I finally realized the Time Trial was running RH's, NOT RM's. Helped level-set the expectations a bit. 🤣

Great to hear that the lobbies are still full. Long live GTS!

I’m not racing GTS right now as I’ve never learned the ‘Ring and GT7 had RBR last week for C w/allowed me to get back to B/S from D/A lol!

This week Race B is Deep Forest in Gr.4 w/I prefer to LM.

Ps GT7 is at Nurb 24 with weather this week in C.

Last edited:
Great to hear that the lobbies are still full. Long live GTS!

I’m not racing GTS right now as I’ve never learned the ‘Ring and GT7 had RBR last week for C w/allowed me to get back to B/S from D/A lol!

This week Race B is Deep Forest in Gr.4 w/I prefer to LM.

Ps GT7 is at Nurb 24 with weather this week in C.
So the plan was to keep GT7 tucked-away until I built a gaming rig....that plan changed last night.

It's spring, which means there's a TON of crap to get planted, pool to set-up/manage, grass to mow...OH, and 14.2 MILLIONS tasks from the SO. I finally caved to the reality that the rig ain't happenin' anytime in the immediate future. Patience typically runs thin for me...let the download begin.

Still lovin' the 'Ring, though. I think I got kicked-out of the top 10 so I gotta put some time in to try to get an ENTIRE lap right, which is not easy. If I can lock it down, I know I'm good to hit low 8:08:xxx so that's my goal. Racing throughout as well but at the 'Ring, the track is ALWAYS your toughest competitor. My goal is to finally make it through the round and still be on the leaderboard. For me, it's a pinnacle achievement at a pinnacle track. Could argue that it's easier now given the smaller player base but, well, no cares.😁

See y'all on the tarmac in both soon!:cheers:

Top ten at the ‘Ring is impressive even w/smaller player base. At the GP circuit this summer the fast times were the same as the identical race in GTS pre-GT7.

I’ve enjoyed playing both games. Gives you more options each week. And GT7 has changeable weather w/is cool.

Speaking of which, Race C this week is the 24 Hour Nurb w/variable weather. You should jump in as you are fast there.

Ps in GT7 you have to buy the tires in the Race Shop. Oh, and you’ll have to do a bunch of Cafe Menus before you can access Sport Mode :(

Been trying to burn through them as fast as I can, lol. Won't lie, kinda fun 'playing' the game again. I'm weird so enjoy the license challenges and stuff. I will say, the drive is a LOT different...but there's probably another thread for that. I'm lookin' forward to the added variety, though. 😁

Thanks for the insight on the GT7 times, good to know. I figured there were still some really, really fast people in 'Sport. Getting my ass handed to me on the regular a pretty solid indicator, too. And the clock, that damn thing is merciless. :cheers:

Been trying to burn through them as fast as I can, lol. Won't lie, kinda fun 'playing' the game again. I'm weird so enjoy the license challenges and stuff. I will say, the drive is a LOT different...but there's probably another thread for that. I'm lookin' forward to the added variety, though. 😁

Thanks for the insight on the GT7 times, good to know. I figured there were still some really, really fast people in 'Sport. Getting my ass handed to me on the regular a pretty solid indicator, too. And the clock, that damn thing is merciless. :cheers:
I'm trying to figure out how to get under 2'05.000 at Maggiore, I know what my braking points need to be placed at but the speed/timing of it is tricky. I will post you some laps I run this weekend or Monday/Tuesday-ish. You can drive up on top of the curb(where the white/orange is), to better navigate each turn/corner.

I'm trying to figure out how to get under 2'05.000 at Maggiore, I know what my braking points need to be placed at but the speed/timing of it is tricky. I will post you some laps I run this weekend or Monday/Tuesday-ish. You can drive up on top of the curb(where the white/orange is), to better navigate each turn/corner.
Can you watch the ghosts of the top 10 fastest drivers?

I've found the best place to gain time is T1 and the highspeed esses before Banksy. For instance, if I get it right through the esses, I am flat-out from the first apex (4th gear) the whole way through to the brake zone for the bank. From the bank on, maintaining speed is critical. Double-apexing/diamonding the last technical section shaved a couple tenths for me, too.

Also, like @cyirush mentioned, the ghost replays can be beneficial. Load it up and start running laps against them. I wouldn't start with the fastest available as it could get frustrating, but that's just me. 😁

:cheers:

You can also take a lot of kerb on the esses before you go up the hill to Banksy.

I can never get the downhill off camber turn at the bottom of the track right.

You can also take a lot of kerb on the esses before you go up the hill to Banksy.

I can never get the downhill off camber turn at the bottom of the track right.
That last turn suuuuuuuuuuucks...I love it when I do get it right as it seldom happens. Miss turn-in by a thousandth and you become a spectator chillin' in the grass watchin' a fun day of racing.

I've got to get a LOT better with picking/finding my visual markers. I've always counted on cones as a general idea of where to think about brakes and am really, really struggling over in GT7 because of it. Plus, some folks seem to have a deep rooted disdain for cones in general. Like, "a-band-of-rogue-safety-cones-attacked-their-family-as-a-child-and-they-were-the-lone-survivors" kind of disdain that lends to them murdering them all on the first lap. Then again, maybe they're just smarter racers getting the upper-hand on more "dumbass" aligned drivers, such as myself. 😁

Anyone try the new dailies?

I’ve done a few Bs at Big Willow. Good racing, and you can gain places just by keeping it on the black stuff.

Lobbies have been full-ish. 9-15 depending on time of day.

I have not...I actually blasted my back taking down some trees a bit ago and haven't raced in ages. Big Willow might be a good spot to blow the cobwebs out. Besides, it's feels like racing on the Mad Max movie set, what's not to love??😁

Thanks for the motivation. Once I'm able to do something other than lie flat or stand straight, I'm on it! :cheers:

Hope you’re feeling better and back on track soon!

Ps A is at Brands Indy in the Yaris, and C is in Gr.4 at Brands GP.

Having some great racing at Willow tonight. I’m one second off the fastest time in the Americas yet I’ve been starting mid-pack in lobbies of 12-15. Last race I was P9 w/only a second separating the top 10.

Been clean too, unlike Race B this week in GT7 at Barcelona.

I haven't done ANY online racing in weeks...this is starting to bother me. I think I posted an abysmal qualifier there but I need to get to work. Willow is an awesome place to let 'em fly! :cheers:

I haven't done ANY online racing in weeks...this is starting to bother me. I think I posted an abysmal qualifier there but I need to get to work. Willow is an awesome place to let 'em fly! :cheers:
Great track. I’ve been right seat on it in irl. Turn 9 is terrifying at speed!

Top ten drivers are in the low to mid 1:10s. Best I can do is 1:11.1.

I've been doing most of my races at BHI and Willow, the Group C one is tedious, 13 laps is not fun and a pit stop is required to finish the race otherwise you will be disqualified from it. So how can I get a time in the 1'11'000's. Mine is 1'12.427 so far. Not far from Mello's time.

Looking forward to the truck race again there because I did pull several wins in that area, so maybe I'll get lucky again?

Looking forward to the truck race again there because I did pull several wins in that area, so maybe I'll get lucky again?
Me too, that’s some good racing for 2 laps, and race C will be amazing, sardegna a is my all time fave track

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try at least 10 Daily C races just for something different. Who knows, maybe i'll get some victories there depending on how good my QT is.

Hey, how did the aliens get under 51 seconds at Suzuka. I'm trying my best to find a good rhythm for the left-right-left turns, s-bends. Anybody got any tips for me?

Back