"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 11, 2021.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

Well 27 cars(No Supra), 3 laps each. Pretty much as I figured(with my skill).

[​IMG]

Bottom 10
    [​IMG]

CArs that got booted from the top 20 that couldn't get under 56.815. The Viper was 57.019. Optimum was 56.809. Sorry to the Viper users.
    [​IMG]

For the record, other than the 4C and Veyron - couldn't get them under 57 seconds, my optimum for most of the cars were 56.5xx-56.6xx(including the NSX - felt quicker than the British Bulldogs). The STI, Evo and FF Megane, were in the .268-.297.

The Genesis is the surprise. It's super easy. Almost like an AWD: Get it stopped before the corner, the rear squares the corner, point the nose, mash the throttle. Nice car.

I was literally chucking the C7 into the tight corners. The rear rotates and just go go go.

Thought the Mustang would be where the Scirocco is, but my optimum was .550. Cayman was a .467.

I guess TT and RCZ users, as will many other players, fiddle with the BB. Times were set with TCS 0, RMs and BOP On. DS4 User.

2. baygencos

baygencos

I was frustrated with the game and was not racing for the last two weeks.
    Decided to give it a go... Still frustrated!

Chuk713, 05XR8, Redneckchef and 2 others like this.
  3. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Why does this happen? Is it if someone has cones turned on and you hit one of those immovable objects?!

Pigems likes this.
  4. baygencos

baygencos

One of the red barriers at the chicane was hit and moved to the track at previous lap. But i did not go over it in the race. Almost brushed it passing. That was absurd! Game has lots of silly arcade algorithms.

Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  5. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

@MidnightRun85 Corvette dude. It's awesome to drive. Aston will be meta though.

Chuk713, Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  6. das89ca

das89ca

@05XR8 : The Genesis was a big surprise for me too. I used randomizer to pick up my manufacturer for the season that just finished and Hyundai was the lucky choice. I knew from the start that the Gr3 car is competitive, but whenever I tested timetrialing the Gr4 was always among the last in my case. Add in the sound of the engine like a coffee grinder - I thought this is one of the manufacturers I will never go.

Well, a season later - the Gr4 is very good in my hands during races, nice wear, decent fuel usage and most of it - very predictive driving even during "on the edge" situations. Even though my results were a bit poorer than the previous season(that is because of the worst combo's in Manufacturer Cup I have seen since I started GT sport) when I drove the Vipers, I will definitely go Hyundai on the official season.

Chuk713, 05XR8, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  7. OJBrit

OJBrit

:bowdown:

Deserved. You dared challenge the holy Mountain Dew car.

NSP525 and Pigems like this.
  8. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I'm assuming not the DBR9? Is that any good in Gr.3 under BOP? I've not seen anyone using it...

Pigems likes this.
  9. 05XR8

05XR8

For sure. With 27 cars posting times all within less than a second, one love tap and it's all over.

As posted above, sad to say it may be the Vantage. I thought the GT-R, F1 and Ford GT. Not sure how the Vantage is across the top. The Genesis was good, last time I ran it on the mountain.

Chuk713, MidnightRun85 and Pigems like this.
  10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well how about looking at it from us who just manage to keep the tyres and drive defensively but never badly. I'll take the inside lines but never swerve or block, if the guy gets along side I'll give space and with bad tyres that usually means give the place, yet over 50% of the time the guy won't even play the game they just punt me knowing I'll lose much more than any penalty. Luckily in most races I'm never caught like this, but it still happens too often. Then you get some idiot who punted you telling you you should change your tyres, even though it's overall faster even with the slight drop off in the last couple of laps. BTW my last lap is usually under 2 secs slower than my best so about 1 sec behind my normal laps, it's slow enough to be an easy pass but not roadblock slow.

Chuk713, OJBrit, D_Dragline and 3 others like this.
  11. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

I have absolutely no issue with people trying their best to make the tyres last. I also think taking defensive lines and doing your best to hold your position through clever defending is to be applauded. If I have chosen to run with a car/strategy that will put me behind a slowing car, it’s up to me to find a way to pass fairly.

My only gripe is with those who think that swerve blocking, sideswiping or punting are acceptable ways to hold a position. Unfortunately it seems there are many more of these than there are people like you.

BTW, I’m far from being an alien so there are plenty of guys doing no stops in FFs that I will never catch, and the ones who are using this opportunity to improve their tyre management will no doubt be leaving me for dead by the end of the week.

Chuk713, OJBrit, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  12. NoStopN

NoStopN

I lost count after the 34th hit.

I was hoping that you were kidding, but I can see not. I'm going to stay far, far away from there in the Gr. 4 fleet. SR killer, DR resets inbound.

Never stopped others from punting my Mountain Dew cars without penalties.

Pigems, tttao and Norrin Radd like this.
  13. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Well had a few races in the Megane Trophy and felt it was getting better, nearly competitive until I had an off, I was hardly off track but late in the game so no grip and it just spun like crazy. The Evo never does this to me so I'm going back to it.

Next week I don't think I'll even bother testing out A or B, it's Bathurst all the way.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021 at 11:26 AM
    Chuk713, Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  14. OJBrit

OJBrit

Maybe you're in the diet version. :lol:

15. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I was first thinking "OK, next week is going to be the Alt account". But then it dawned on me that I'm not going to make any big points in FIA and only race for fun so why not just take the main?
    What I am going to do is practice that pit entrance until I can navigate through it in the dark, asleep and drunk.

Norrin Radd likes this.
  16. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Just don't stop it's faster.