"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by De_Breuk, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Pigems

Pigems

I was asked by a buddy to make a lap guide for Race A this week, so I figure I might as well share it with you guys as well. Hopefully it’s helpful, just remember that the brake points may vary slightly from person to person depending on your driving style and input device. :)

My best lap so far, 28.7 wit an Optimal of 28.1. :)

Most excellent lap @Mistah_MCA , very well done man!!

QC YALUM, GT5Power, Qyn and 11 others like this.
  2. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Finally, 5th attempt, 1 down, 34 to go.
    [​IMG]
    I started 13th, got rammed off by a Brazilian to last. Then saved fuel while picking up positions from all the crashers. I think I only passed 2 cars that weren't in a guard rail. Red dots everywhere, a red B couple red A's, it's chaos at the ring.

Starting 8th next in the 650S.

Draft bumper.... The road is wide enough, pick a side and I'll move over, nope square on my bumper. I gave him a good brake check,,, Then I got punted off by a Brazilian later... I guess that's mandatory in every race :lol:

Second attempt, Brazilian draft bumper. Game is currently in overdrive, I have 8 sec penalties now after making sure he didn't get far.

SR 86 after that, perhaps the low SR.S room is more behaved. The problem is also the 650S. The Viper is not the worst car, 650S is much worse. I got timed out but by subtracting my time split from my lap 1 time I was about to do an 8:50 lap in the 650S... That car does not like fuel saving, or driving in general. Yet now I'm stuck with my Viper qualy time getting me in trouble.

Nope. Started behind a 1 bar Brazilian lagging and in front of a car not braking in time. Attempt #3 was over in T1. I did improve my lap time to 8:39.685 with fuel saving, still 6 seconds slower than the Viper.

Quit the next one, Beat sabre brake, :censored: sport mode.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019 at 2:06 AM
  3. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I am rubbish in all of these tracks, so I'm surprised that I'm getting good times lol

You got some sweet lap times as well!

Mr P, Qyn, Redsea666 and 3 others like this.
  4. Redsea666

Redsea666

Man, it's a real bloodbath in Deutschland. Had a decent first race all things considered. Spent more time off the track than on it, but finished 9th. I feel like the tires don't even warm up until lap 2. This part had me cracking up until the Bugatti behind me ended my mirth.

Still love the ring, though. At best it's a winding roller coaster that feels so good to nail. At worst... well it might be the THE worst. :cheers: Coming back later to do race B after a few drinks.

5. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Flu means I can't concentrate, so no track time today. I did let my brother mess about with the NSX at Nurburgring, though. He's set a decent 9:04.055 after about 15 laps. Not bad considering he hasn't played a racing game in about three years. The last being a Forza title.

Im hoping to knock at least 20 seconds off that, later in the week.

6. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

I'm still trying to acclimate to the physics update. I didn't realize that I hadn't driven a GR3 on the Ring since the update so all of my acceleration out points are botched. I tried to be cute with the Ferrari but now that thing is an over torqued motorboat. Punch it too soon and I speed boat off of the track. If I punch it too hard, late on the exit I get a goofy over steer that I can't reel in without losing tons of speed.

What GR3 car is as stable as the 86 is on GR4? I feel like the 86 is the Toad of GT Sport. (Yes, another mario kart comparison).

7. dimassa19

dimassa19

350 Z* ;)

Qyn and Pigems like this.
  8. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Damn, worst thing is that if you are not part of those three by the time you reach dunlop you are like 10 secs behind, even if you star in the first 8.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019 at 4:43 AM
    Redsea666, Qyn, Sven Jurgens and 2 others like this.
  9. Pigems

Pigems

Haha I wasn’t sure, I thought I saw someone post somewhere this morning that it was the 370 this week. :)

Redsea666 and dimassa19 like this.
  10. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

What an epic thumbnail

vvise, Qyn, Redsea666 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Pigems

Pigems

I got the Lexus down to a 2:09.0 at Suzuka, I can get more but I keep messing up somewhere, Optimal is 8.7 right now, BB+2. That’s enough for tonight though, hard at it again tomorrow, I really want a Sub 28 at Tokyo this week. :)

Edit: I just happened across this video, GT Sport vs Real Life on the Nurb. The comparison is pretty cool side by side. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019 at 2:32 AM
  12. LordExia

LordExia

I know I haven't played in a while but coming back and trying my memory on the Nurb, I don't remember the track being that bumpy :confused:. Did they change it during one of the updates or was it perhaps the car that I was using? I literally had to turn down the sensitivity and ffb on my G29 because the thing sounded like it was going to breakdown had I kept going.

On another note, coming back from my long hiatus, I've also finally decided to get serious about not using TCS and forcing myself to learn to drive the cars without it. Surprisingly, I clocked in a 8:27 on my 3rd quali lap with the M6 (a car that usually spins out on me the moment I hit the throttle) so that's definitely my win for the night. :). That being said, I don't think I'll partake in any races on the Nurb this week. For one thing, I don't feel like I have the confidence to race it, plus I'm thinking I would also need to be lapping in the 8:16-8:19 consistently in order to be really competitive and I have a feeling it will be a serious bloodbath if not on the front or all the way back.:scared:

Qyn likes this.
  13. Odiesback

Odiesback

Win at the Ring after having the pole 3 times!! (8:23.24)

Cool racing with Sven... Cheers

Invisigoth, Mr P, Qyn and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bobert power

Bobert power

I decided to try Race C, only to learn the best way to win is to run a no-stopper. I finished P5 with a M6 GT3 and it was fun seeing Sven in a 650S this time around.

Invisigoth and Qyn like this.
  15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Decided to give the Genesis a shot at Suzuka. After 11 laps I got it down to 2:08.621 with an optimal of 8.457, but I keep making dumb mistakes so that may be all she wrote...

Edit: 2:08.474 - calling it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019 at 4:54 AM
    vvise, Mr P and Qyn like this.
  16. Groundfish

Groundfish

Did some laps earlier to get 09.5
    Happy enough to be done.
    Looks like dr2 might be the call this week for me...

Qyn likes this.
  17. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

DR from 37K down to 26K, SR down to 34, that's how well it's going on N24. Impossible to drive the 650S with fuel saving with no fuel savers coming from behind simply bumping you off track.

I've been quitting the races though after getting another unfair penalty or SR Down, Instead I've been racing the AI in between, The AI has improved a lot, very nice on pro level. I had no trouble getting clean races there with the 650S, side by side through corners, beautiful passes and smart moves by the AI. Then I noticed with BoP the 650S is actually faster than stock, what a crap car lol.

After reaching 34 SR I qualified in the M3, updated my time to 8:22.745 and started on pole in the Vette.
    [​IMG]
    I simply drove away, won with 56 sec lead, best lap of 8:29 no stop.

Then I tried the 650S again, didn't survive T1, quit, now going to see how the C7 goes in qualifying. Sport mode sucks tonight.

18. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Ran a tip-toe lap in the Genesis Gr3 for Race C and it was way too nervous for me to even consider trying to go faster than the 8:37 that I ran. Went off to screw around in Arcade with the RC Z Gr3 and fell in love with it. Came back and despite a couple "oh :censored:" moments where I almost spun, ran a 8:27.673. Don't think I plan on running this event but this car is really nice, soaks up the bumps very well. And it makes beautiful noises to me. :D

19. TomBrady

TomBrady

Nice to see some fun races this week. Still not as fun as the weeks with merc f1 or super formula but better than the last few

20. Mr P

Mr P

Tried some laps at Tokyo and it's a bit tricky with the hold your breath moment adjusting into turn 1, only gave it 10 laps before saying bye bye to it :p Then moved on to try the Nurb and wanted to try some cars not in the top 10? started with the Jag F-type and then the Maclaren... they were ok but quite twitchy at key turns. For me (even though it's miles off the top 10 pace) the best drive and really enjoyable to chuck around was the Viper...

Here's my best quali lap so far but a good chunk more to take off.. Do try this car out guys it feels like it's on rails and very easy to drive :bowdown:

Love this track it sure need your full attention :cheers:

I-Runner likes this.
  21. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Took a look at the top 10 times in Daily C... it's scary how good some of these people are. I don't think I'll ever get below 8:10.

So I'll just sit here and take 26th place in NA. :D

22. Brzlav

Brzlav

What was your fuel saving method in the Corvette? I drove it yesterday, found I have to really cruise to go no stop... Also got punted of the track in Aremberg, dropped from 4th place to 16th and got a penalty on top.

23. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

That sounds like AT is really hurting you. On FM1 with short shifting in the 'vette the race timed out just after Antoniusbuche. I still had 0.3 laps of fuel left and I had some major offs with a lot of dirty tyre and lower gears getting back onto the track. Keep it on the track and a no stop should be a doddle. On the fast sections in high gear at low revs I was reeling them in. But tonight is another night, and so another car :dopey:.