"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by MOPARbarrett5, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

I really can't race at the moment because my brakes have a faulty PCB evidently; I am soon to send them off for repair. So all I have done recently is build up some funds, racing at an oval and at LeMans in the XJ13.

So with just two races against the robots being run, it should be easy for me to pick up a physics change (except for accurate braking issues and trail braking). But at both tracks the cars feel different - they slide more and are more sensitive to the throttle IMO. Interesting. I think I like the changes too although I am unsure if the cars that I drove are faster or slower when I get used to them with proper brakes.

Pigems likes this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems

Voodoovaj and darth_tails like this.
  3. darth_tails

darth_tails

Pigems likes this.
  4. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Seeing as E comes before L, I'm gonna have to beat that Leftcurl bloke later.

Awesome. This should come in handy for the first corner, or two :lol:

Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  5. Wardez

Wardez Staff Emeritus

I just did a daily in order to bring SR up from 89. I did race A, Miata @ Tsukuba. Usually get like 4 SR points (iirc) for a 100% clean race but this time my clean race gave me 10, just maxed me out. Wonder if the formula there has been changed. Would like to see if others can report in about this.

Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  6. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

My best race of the week so far. From 15th to 4th.

Pigems, Kuraudo and Invisigoth like this.
  7. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I guess I'll try Tsukabe to see what SR you get there. I got disconnected while matchmaking for the 7:30 daily C, only one I have time for this morning :banghead: Never ever fix that bug PD. I'm down to 81 from the lag fest race last night where I kept getting SR Down from laggy cars hitting me off road and a 2 sec penalty from a 1 bar connection zipping through me several times. I wonder what PD has changed about the shortcut penalties, it's the damn contact penalties that needed work.

Yep, same here, +10 SR for a clean race on Tsukaba, that's a lot for race A. Great now SR.S will have even more bad drivers. Shortcut seems the same, saw someone skipping a corner, 0.5 sec. Contact the same, saw someone attempting a barge pass, made contact and took all wheels over the inside line, other car that was driving correctly got 2 sec penalty.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019 at 12:59 PM
    Pigems and Invisigoth like this.
  8. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Quite right. Who invited you into my lobby with all your driving speed and expertise! :lol:

Just think of the shame if I were to beat you fair and square...

Pigems likes this.
  9. beegentoo

beegentoo

Still no real racing this week. Painting a single room with about 40m² of walls took three days. The craftsmen seem have worked rather sloppy 6 years ago before we moved in and didn't apply ground coat properly. Frustrating when you pull a perfectly white lane and then see the paint develop into droplets. All that twisting, stretching, bending and kneeling now got me moving like an old man.

But I again took the chance to check Q-Laps. Has anybody tried the R18 '11? It's suprisingly well balanced goes smooth through every turn. Especially in the Porsche Curves it feels more like a GT3 car while still being quick, just not as stiff as the other LMP1/VGT and also not as flabby as the old Group C's.

Maybe I'm in the mood for a real race tonight. I guess as a German I am not supposed to say I am going to conquer a french pine forest.

Pigems and JoeyLeonine like this.
  10. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Not so fast.

They changed the physics again, so catching the top 10 is a tall order at the moment.

My current Q time is 1:31.5. I could get the Audi into the 1:31's in races. My best lap this morning is 1:32.6. I was heading towards a low 1:32 when I spun, but it looks like getting to the 1:31's is a much greater challenge than it was yesterday.

I think the diff has changed so it doesn't slide the rear as much as it did before on braking. Corner entry speed seems slower to me, as in you have to scrub off more speed to avoid blowing the corner.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they would hold off triggering changes like this until Monday's when the new Sport Mode races start. It sucks to hop in a race and make a mess of it all because they decided to change the physics without notice.

Pigems and darth_tails like this.
  11. darth_tails

darth_tails

Thanks for the info, I will keep this in mind when I go racing tonight, I have already wrecked most of my SR/DR this week already so don't
    think I can do any more damage.

I guess that would be nice to hold off till the next races start but this is PD were talking about!

Pigems likes this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems

They changed them again? Is it a revert back to something closer to 1.38? Or is there even MORE grip now? Lol

Have the leaderboards been reset? They’ve done that before when they made a mid week physics change and we ended up with split boards at the end of the week.

13. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Hmm, now remind me again, who was it who said..

"BTW, I was in the new physic thread. Seriously, I don't get the uproar. Whenever there's a change, I just deal. Maybe, maybe, it's because that what I had to do in reality. If I changed tires from Michelin to Pirelli to Bridgestone, etc, all I could do is deal. A change in corner approach here, maybe a change in suspension there, whatever. People pay a lot of money to go to the track and complaining leaves you standing alone in the pits while everyone else gets on with it. I consider us lucky because we can play with the brake bias and usually adjust the car's behaviour to cope."

;)

Groundfish likes this.