"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Had two C tonight. Got disconnected just after getting to finishline. Lost 1k dr but got all sr from that race? Second netted me back that 1k
So my alt is close to 20k atm
Really love this combo!
BDE4FB70-74F4-42E9-9D07-6C22A3C116E0.jpeg

Was good seeing @Stephan out on track. Saw another couple of GTP member last night as well I think, but race C is a real lottery at times. Had a couple dirty-ish drivers last night mess up 2 races, but with the sketchy control on those cars it can be hard to tell.

Definitely had 1 that turned on to me as I passed him after he made a mistake. Pretty straight section of track, but he had messed up and clipped one of those barriers that stick out and didnt like getting passed. Got 2 seconds for that. The other race had trouble with a couple ts050s diving from way back in the sharp turns, then brake checking on exit to get a massive turbo boost. And twice give me a 1 sec penalty.

Once you get into the pack it can get sketchy. For the first time ever I'm trying to spy and watch out for breaks in the traffic to get some clear track. And avoid racing hybrids. The braking and acceleration differences between them and the 908 or tomahawk make for some interesting incidents to say the least.

Still really enjoying it a lot though, the good races are a blast, and the chance to make a critical mistake is always there in the next turn. Had a real good one run right down to the line where for once I didnt make the mistake in the last turn, the other guy did, but still lost the sprint to the line by 0.06 or so. Still working on learning the 908 but might have to bring out the Tomahawk on the weekend and give that a try.

Well 100 days of a continuous SR S has ended after a few Monza races. Now a B/B. Ridiculously dirty racing.
Went P2 to P18 in one lap and still finished 5th without having to overtake a single car - all took each other off or spun.

Seems very hard to regain any SR. Would usually do Race C for that - but this week I'll give it a miss!

Well 100 days of a continuous SR S has ended after a few Monza races. Now a B/B. Ridiculously dirty racing.
Went P2 to P18 in one lap and still finished 5th without having to overtake a single car - all took each other off or spun.

Seems very hard to regain any SR. Would usually do Race C for that - but this week I'll give it a miss!
Honestly, give it a go. Just dont qualify and pull way to the side at the start. And don't try to drive fast. You'll get plenty of SR. And probably not lose heaps of DR. Seen lots of quitters there this early in the week

I've had some time to do some quali laps in race C. What a track. I really like it. What I do not enjoy are the Gr1 cars.

I decided that out of the cars in my garage, the easiest to handle is the Porsche 919. It took about ten laps or so to get my time down to 2:59.2xx. I'm not sure how much more I could do. And when I tried switching to another car, the braking points were completely different, save for the R18 so I will have to stick with the Porsche.

I don't see how anyone can keep their SR intact in a B lobby in this race. The cars are far too different. I'm not certain I'll be racing this week, but I do feel an obligation to at least try due to @Little_Guppy's post praising the combo.

Sometimes the penalty system does work quite well. Almost lost my 203 CRB streak after an imbecile decides to push me off for no reason at all. Check the video at 1:20. I was way off the track due to his idiotic punt but the penalty system understood it wasn’t my fault so I kept the CRB. Somehow he ended that race with a blue SR though, despite that punt on me as well as a second and third one (3:10 and 3:30). So... it works but it doesn’t really work.

The replay braking points are mis-calibrated and have been like that forever. Run your own hot lap. Look at the replay and it will show the late braking that you never did.

I don't know if it is broken or our perception is off. The replay visual feedback to our brain clearly happens after our foot would have pressed the brake. Therefore we cannot pair the visual feedback with our actual foot mechanics.
If it was a perception issue it would be the same in a race. It’s definitely a bug.

...snip... Hopefully I can get up to a million credits soon so I can buy a gr.1 car
There are a couple of threads that suggest the fastest way to gain points in mostly offline mode.

D_Dragline
If it was a perception issue it would be the same in a race. It’s definitely a bug.
It may very well be a bug but I did not explain myself well.

When viewing a replay your input is the screen telling you that braking has already started based on the screen and the brake meter. Then you need to process that and notice the background and braking point.

When you are driving you recognize the braking point before your brain sends the signal to your foot before it presses the pedal.

They are two different worlds and they are hard to compare.

</I am not an expert>

I've had some time to do some quali laps in race C. What a track. I really like it. What I do not enjoy are the Gr1 cars.

I decided that out of the cars in my garage, the easiest to handle is the Porsche 919. It took about ten laps or so to get my time down to 2:59.2xx. I'm not sure how much more I could do. And when I tried switching to another car, the braking points were completely different, save for the R18 so I will have to stick with the Porsche.

I don't see how anyone can keep their SR intact in a B lobby in this race. The cars are far too different. I'm not certain I'll be racing this week, but I do feel an obligation to at least try due to @Little_Guppy's post praising the combo.
The Group 4 FF cars are my specialty/favorite. The high downforce Group 1 cars require modulated braking and that learning improved my Group 4 skills.

Last edited:
Managed to get the gtr mclaren down to a 47.6 at monza. Itd be hard to race with as its a bit unstable but she has time in her. Tried the meta vette, seems ok but tbh I can't see myself bettering a 47.6. The aston is surprisingly good, not sure why no one is using it, ran a few 47.7 but super stable in the race, good power, good brakes.

I’m currently sitting at a 1:48.4XX for Monza in the Vantage. I know I can get a lower time, but I can’t string a good lap together for the life of me. It doesn’t help that I’m very inconsistent upon entry to the 2nd chicane (Variante della Roggia) and can’t get a good run through there. That’s where I’m losing a ton of time and rhythm. Running wide coming out of Lesmo 1 is also contributing to my problems. I’m still faster then last time I raced here so that’s something positive at least. Hopefully the racing is clean-ish and minimal shenanigans on the first lap first chicane visit when I jump in.

There are a couple of threads that suggest the fastest way to gain points in mostly offline mode.

It may very well be a bug but I did not explain myself well.

When viewing a replay your input is the screen telling you that braking has already started based on the screen and the brake meter. Then you need to process that and notice the background and braking point.

When you are driving you recognize the braking point before your brain sends the signal to your foot before it presses the pedal.

They are two different worlds and they are hard to compare.

</I am not an expert>
I understand, but what I’m saying is that, in a race, the brake lights of a car in front come on where I expect. Not 50m further down the road. Therefore, it’s not the perception/actual gap I’m observing.

Went out for a couple of race C tonight. Glad to see plenty of fellow GTP members out there trying to encourage PD to door wood combos like this. Some ok driving but some definitely filthy drivers in there. 1 guy took out several of us I'm the race including myself and @D_Dragline. @pennanton held him up so hopefully I could beat him, but I mismanaged my last sector and he got away. Totally unrepentant about blatantly putting any car near him in the wall. Good racing with all the others I raced near. But it did look like Dragline got eaten by the pack in the first race.

Shame we camt deal with the dirty drivers well. Still trying to figure that out

Went out for a couple of race C tonight. Glad to see plenty of fellow GTP members out there trying to encourage PD to door wood combos like this. Some ok driving but some definitely filthy drivers in there. 1 guy took out several of us I'm the race including myself and @D_Dragline. @pennanton held him up so hopefully I could beat him, but I mismanaged my last sector and he got away. Totally unrepentant about blatantly putting any car near him in the wall. Good racing with all the others I raced near. But it did look like Dragline got eaten by the pack in the first race.

Shame we camt deal with the dirty drivers well. Still trying to figure that out
I’ll post video of both of those races later. I’ve had some fantastic racing here, but the idiots are starting to infiltrate.

That guy in the second race was simply disgusting.

Edit: I’m really loving seeing @manion trying out every Group 1 car in my races.

Last edited:
I’ll post video of both of those races later. I’ve had some fantastic racing here, but the idiots are starting to infiltrate.

Edit: I’m really loving seeing @manion trying out every Group 1 car in my races.
I'm loving the McLaren atm that 6th gear is a killer on upshift though. I am having to fuel save a tiny bit in it though as I finished the first race with 1% fuel

Should hopefully be able to get onto a race this evening. Can't wait, which means I'm likely to be a Shadow Realm entry.

Really liking the Toyota TS050 in Race C!

The Tomahawk is a lot smoother and kind on it's tyres, but the Toyota just has a really sharp front end on turn on which suits my driving style.

Tried the Porsche too but that thing has soooo much understeer, especially when applying the power.

The different types of car really add to this race. The Hybrids are incredible in the first sector with their extra power under acceleration, then the Concept/Group C making it all back up down the faster end to the lap.

I'm loving the McLaren atm that 6th gear is a killer on upshift though. I am having to fuel save a tiny bit in it though as I finished the first race with 1% fuel
The McLaren is under appreciated in this combo. I found you just need to short shift it through the front nail sector for 2 laps to make the fuel last.

If I hadn’t fallen in love with the Tomahawk I’d still be driving it.

Did two Daily Race Cs for today and managed to race with some fellow peeps here @manion and @pennanton (although sadly he DCed just as when the race started).

First try I pulled a Lewis Hamilton Baku 2021 moment on the first long straight on the last lap of the race and I was just disappointed at myself that I ended up having a moment like that when I was leading. Lost the lead as expected and because the 2nd place driver was behind me was in softs (he was driving the 919 Hybrid), he took advantage of my mishap and I ended up settling in second. It really bummed me out.

Second try I learned my mistake and changed tire strategy where I'm starting on mediums rather than softs and managed to make up my mistake and got a win. There's one player who got a 1 minute penalty for what I can assume he forgot to follow the tire requirement rule.

In those two tries, the more I'm getting comfortable in using the 908 around Sainte Croix and managed to improve my qualifying time by .100ths.

Not a bad day overall.

Last edited:
Is there a range of competitive cars in Race C? I'm going to go in later and I'm planning on using the 908 since I know that well. It's nice to know there are several viable choices though.

Is there a range of competitive cars in Race C? I'm going to go in later and I'm planning on using the 908 since I know that well. It's nice to know there are several viable choices though.
Yes! I've seen Toyota TS050, Porsche 919, Audi R18, SRT Tomahawk and Audi VGT all up there fighting for wins.

The Group C a little less often, they always tend to fade in the races.

Did two Daily Race Cs for today and managed to race with some fellow peeps here @manion and @pennanton (although sadly he DCed just as when the race started).

First try I pulled a Lewis Hamilton Baku 2021 moment on the first long straight on the last lap of the race and I was just disappointed at myself that I ended up having a moment like that when I was leading. Lost the lead as expected and because the 2nd place driver was behind me was in softs (he was driving the 919 Hybrid), he took advantage of my mishap and I ended up settling in second. It really bummed me out.

Second try I learned my mistake and changed tire strategy where I'm starting on mediums rather than softs and managed to make up my mistake and got a win. There's one player who got a 1 minute penalty for what I can assume he forgot to follow the tire requirement rule.

In those two tries, the more I'm getting comfortable in using the 908 around Sainte Croix and managed to improve my qualifying time by .100ths.

Not a bad day overall.
Did it DC me? I was sitting on the pre-race menu with everything blanked out, couldn't change anything on the menu. I thought I'd wait it out until the race started, then from the ambient sounds it sounded like it did without me. Then the game finally booted me. Was weird, game's never bugged like that before.

Did it DC me? I was sitting on the pre-race menu with everything blanked out, couldn't change anything on the menu. I thought I'd wait it out until the race started, then from the ambient sounds it sounded like it did without me. Then the game finally booted me. Was weird, game's never bugged like that before.
Yeah exactly that. The pre race intro showed up and it took a while before the race started but the ambient sounds were there and then once the race finally started, you were gone and it created a bit of a huge gap between me and Bugatti VGT driver.

This is the guy. They don’t look that bad until you check his inputs and realize he’s doing the same thing over and over. Every one of these is absolutely intentional. I only wish @pennanton had been successful at the end of the straight.

Last edited:
Back