"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 8, 2021.

1. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

To the beer fridge!

Pigems, OJBrit, RacingGrandpa and 2 others like this.
  2. ZiggyS80

ZiggyS80

Down in Texas we did not have the infrastructure for the winter storm we got hit with this week. 2 days without power huddled in blankets wondering if my pipes would freeze. Yesterday afternoon we get turned back on for a little while before the rolling blackouts started. There isn’t a schedule, it just happens so I took the alt tonight out to Monza and was gonna drive it til the lights went out. Got 5 straight races in and going to bed with the heat still on. Fun break while it lasted. That’s probably it for this week. Good luck out there.

3. slthree

slthree

I feel terrible for posting my insignificant gaming news when more important, serious things are happening.

Wishing you and yours the best during this time over there in Texas. I'm glad you at least got a little bit of relief and were able to enjoy a few races.

4. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

I have been running at Monza this week after some rounds at Colorado Springs. Despite knowing it is going to happen I still have trouble with the amount of people who simply plow through turn 1 with little to no braking lap 1. Every. Single. Race.
    It is almost like they dont have the slightest clue how much carnage it causes.

On the plus side I covered my SR back to 95 with some solid. Capped off by the start in this one where the punt went in my favor for once. Sucks for the other guys there, but I was them in the previous 4 races.

5. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Had two fairly poor races last night at Monza after my first fairly poor race earlier in the evening.

First of these two races, Q13, kept things clean for the first few corners then got shunted off into the sand at the second Lesmo corner by a Lexus who obviously thought he had the right to take the inside line when we had a 10% overlap entering the corner. This put me dead last and I had to work pretty hard to come back and take 12th in the end. Aside from that little event, it was fairly clean and I restored my SR back up to 92, but only gained about 30 DR.

The last race of the night was terrible. Utterly terrible. I was Q19, door number 20! I had a bit of a back-of-the-pack tussle with a few cars and while I'm dead set on maintaining my SR, others aren't, so I gave away a few places when I could have got up to about 12th. After pitting right behind an M3, I exited on mediums for my final stint glued to the back bumper of the M3, when we had a power surge and the power turned off for a blip. D/C and restart. DR dropped by over 1k and SR dropped to 82 (despite not even having any incidents at all in that race!).

So after those three races in the Mazda, I've given up and moved on to the Jag F-Type to drop my qually time by 0.3s, and then tried the Corvette and dropped it a further 0.4s. I dropped my Q time from 1:49:111 to 1:48:492. Hopefully that puts me higher than 12th on the grid at some stage!

I can see now why everyone is using the Corvette. It's stable and planted through the chicanes and still has decent pace. Although I'll probably race in the F-Type because I like driving cars other than the META.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Timm Sheehan, Pigems and BalsBrother like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

Watch for this jackass in a Scirocco with L stickers. If it's a member here, you are a jackass.

Edit: Add another two to the jackass list. A blue WRX and a player with the name destruction with number 8 on either end of the name. That destruction player is squeezing an RCZ on my side as it wants to make it three-wide at the back end of Fuji. THREE-WIDE! I'm on the inside and this player thinks it can squeeze us two, so it can take the apex. :rolleyes: I'm already at the apex!

Two two bad races, maybe I asked for it using the 4C(but I was starting 7th). Another 4C was up in 3rd and finished there. The last was in the Mustang(I was P1). The RCZ was fair and an F-TYPE clean. Knucklehead using the McLaren is the one to act up.

Going to stay using the F-Type. It's a shame to use the top speed king, with some of these players.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2021
  7. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Congratulations, that’s great news! I knew you’d get it done this week. Your first win is just around the corner. :cheers:

The A and A+ drivers will be thinking that you’re a guy who got reset and is working his way back to A+. That’s what I always tell myself when a C or D rated driver beats me. :sly:

If you ever want a list of drivers to avoid let me know. I have a very comprehensive dossier. :mad:

8. BalsBrother

BalsBrother

The just one more race before bed is what killed my SR earlier in the week. Was so bad and because I was tired my tolerance for idiots was already in bed so I had a bit of a meltdown. Not my finest hour that is for sure

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  9. OJBrit

OJBrit

Congrats. The first of many I hope.

Having visited Texas during the summer of 2012, and having the 44 degree heat cause me to swear everytime I left the comfort of aircon; seeing snow there boggles the mind. Stay safe and you'll be back on the track before you know it.

10. 05XR8

05XR8

For those wondering about the RX-V, I started 3rd. Finished 2nd. Two C7s started ahead of me. One C7 behind me.
    Into T1, P4 C7 takes the inside. All three are side by side heading to the next chicane. Disaster. Pole C7 gets the penalty.

Anyway, the C7 that caused it, is now P1 and I stay with it. Passed it and my rear end wiggles a bit later and I drop to P2. The C7 is wagging the tail nearly every corner. This allows P3 C7 to catch up. Passes me into the final turn and they pit. I go another lap.

When I exit the pits, Pole C7 passes me and the instigator C7 has a penalty. That's the way we finish.

RX-V is good in the tow. Stronger brakes and cornering is quicker. C7 has quicker accelerator, obviously. That's all I got.

Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  11. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I quite enjoy using the RX-V. I find it really reliable through the chicanes and Parabolica, just struggles with top end pace. I've not seen anyone else using one in the lobbies I've been in - it's nice having the only car that sounds a bit like an F1 car on the grid!

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Maybe he thought he was bowling?

Another day and hopefully not another crash fest/penalty bonanza at Monza. Love the race hate the consequences.

13. Barney Da Dog

Barney Da Dog

White Scirocco with an 'L' on the right rear? Rings a bell, as my wife pointed out 'oh, that one has L-plates!' (she's only just passed her test a few weeks ago)

Think he caused some destruction ahead of me in one race.

I've been using the GT86 and Viper in a few races - I find the last twisty section a bit easier with them.

14. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Just had an interesting incident at Monza. When I pitted I took the inside line into Parabolica and put my indicator on well before the braking zone. I then hugged the inside and drove straight to pit lane. Another car went around the outside of me at Parabolica and then, side by side tried to veer into the pit lane. Needless to say it didn’t end well for him.

In after race chat he asks me why I would do that. Am I insane in thinking he’s at fault?

15. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Was he driving a Vantage and you in a Ferrari? (Like that video above, but I appreciate the circumstances ever so slightly different)...

He's definitely at fault. Overtaking into the pits when you're both full throttle and fairly evenly matched is suicidal.

Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  16. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

That's on him, solely.

Redneckchef, Timm Sheehan and Pigems like this.
  17. ASH32

ASH32

Speaking of pits. :D

As above they were not happy, likely because they did indicate right (not that you can know what it's for anyway since it's used in multiple ways) and not that I saw it until I was passing them but I was there, surely they can't expect me to move out of the way, or not overtake them, just so they can pit.
    If they'd have held the inside this can't happen and why not just lift and then come in, I don't understand some people.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Pigems, OJBrit and sturk0167 like this.
  18. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

The only pit trouble I've had, well apart from laughing at those who hit the wall, is the idiots who come out of the pits and take the racing line in traffic. IRL this would be black flag, yet PD doesn't think this deserves a penalty. Barely cutting a corner is bad, but driving recklessly is good., PD logic at it's finest.
    I'll hold my hand up, I did it once. I thought the guy was far enough behind not to cause a problem and I slowed him slightly, but I then pulled over and gave him the position I was just lucky it didn't turn out badly.

19. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

I can kind of understand the one in the video as I suspect the Vantage thought it had covered inside and it was well in front as it”apexed” Parabolica. He was silly, and unaware but I can see how it happened.

In mine, he fully went for the overtake around the outside and I still had half a car in front when he hit the wall.

Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  20. Famine

Famine Administrator

Aren't you faster than me?

I've raced that guy several times, and he usually has the situational awareness of a stoat in a coma.

21. ASH32

ASH32

I have not qualified and it was an A and B room because of the time of day. Also turns out F-type is a good car here, around the same pace as the top cars. :)

Redneckchef, Pigems and MidnightRun85 like this.
  22. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I've had a hairy moment heading down the straight towards the first chicane, battling with a McLaren F1, when two cars came out of the pits. One came straight across to the outside and directly into my path so I had to swerve inside to pass him but immediately swerve back out to avoid the other car who'd come out of the pits just ahead of him. The McLaren behind me didn't quite manage to pull it off so well, as I noticed the C7 come flying past me on the outside into the barriers, looking back and the McLaren gets himself a 4s penalty as he enters the sand... Butt clenching moments.

Yeah you can definitely see how the guy in front could think he has the right to pull into the pits. The guy in the Ferrari really should have backed off to let him in. His nose is behind he should really give space instead of claiming the pit entry as his racing line. It's always up to the guy behind to back off when they can see they can't get to where they want to be or when it's going to cause someone else pain. Unfortunately, some people are d***s.

Pigems likes this.
  23. ASH32

ASH32

The only time this week where I've come way out of the pit exit line was because it released me inside another ghosted car, no way was I trusting the system to not give me a penalty for that. There was still enough room for a car to drive around the outside of us both, if someone causes an accident exiting the pits they must be being a total :censored: and weaving right over the track or something.

Pit lane exit should be a 2 second penalty if you don't follow it though really. :cool:

Pigems, OJBrit, Norrin Radd and 2 others like this.
  24. NoStopN

NoStopN

Just wait until you win. That euphoria will feel great. Just don't feel the pressure to win again. It might bring out some desperate driving.

Happens to me every time.

Nope. Guy obviously has that "I'm better than everyone on track" mentality & thought that you would just wilt due to his intimidating presence. :lol:

Pigems, Dave_H_87 and BalsBrother like this.
  25. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

New daily races are up. Weird that A is GR 3 in Gardens and B is N200 at Sardegna C.

26. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

they've got it the wrong way round if you check the times and player count. C is yet to go up also

27. bone_tone

bone_tone

What I can't understand is how the ones that plough through from the back never get a penalty, whilst those they hit often do? Had one do it yesterday, pushed the guy in front of me sideways into turn 1 - he went off, taking me with him, and I got a 4 second penalty.... Meanwhile, the perpetrator goes from 10th 3rd, with no penalty!

OJBrit, Redneckchef, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  28. ZiggyS80

ZiggyS80

Thank you, but please don’t let me diminish the pride in your first podium. If anything my post illustrates what a hopeless addict I am that I binge races and post on this forum to cope with stress.

Awesome job getting that podium! Great to see you progressing. While you might think that you didn’t beat some of those guys in pure racecraft, part of racecraft is staying out of trouble which you did and they didn’t. Keep pushing and here’s to more podiums! :cheers:

29. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

Has anyone else experienced this?
    My lap times are closer to the top 10 people in hard tire races, than the medium tires ones. :confused:
    It's like upgrading the tire grip kind of means learning a new car.

I believe it's an error. The Gr.3 race should be labeled as B. The start times are 10, 30, & 50 past the hour.
    It will probably be corrected as the info fills in.

30. ASH32

ASH32

On the penalty system I don't get it, I mean I found this looking back through my videos.

Here it just ignores contact and no one gets a penalty. :odd:

On the other hand is it any wonder it gets things wrong when it has to sort out the following?

This was from the start of the week for reference. ;)

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.