"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

Last race for the night. No qualy.
    [​IMG]

2. djidane57

djidane57

1st race in weeks : "disconnected from network" i love this game

dlshearon, Pigems and splitwindow like this.
  3. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

So stoked for Race B, finally to get a Group 2 race full stop is great, but not only that but the first one with no tyre wear for about a year!

Flat out full on sprint race, bring on the chicane of death!

4. Vegard

Vegard

@Famine
    [​IMG]

dlshearon, Pigems and Famine like this.
  5. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Tried about 8 laps with the Scirocco on Race A, my best was 2:13.2. As always, the top guys are 5, 6 seconds ahead of me. Will I get there someday? :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled:

Now a genuine question. Why only some of my Gr. 4 cars are available for race A?

Also, it seems like the TT is the preferred car this week.

Pigems and 6BK like this.
  6. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Few posts above is Spacedust`s video. Happens bro

Pigems likes this.
  7. 6BK

6BK

Race A is always a set car supplied by the game rather than a selection from your own garage out of whatever group is designated. So, rather than being any N200 car from your garage it will be an N200 that the game gives you and every other driver will only get that same car. It certainly makes it an even race where it is driver skill rather than car choice which determines the outcome - that or whoever punts the best. When they run these races using Gr4 they tend to use not just 1 car (but that has happened) but instead use all the Gr4 FWD cars. At this stage it's happening about every month or so. It's annoying because it would be so easy for them to make it a 1 make and pick a RWD or 4WD, or a selection of all the Gr4 4WD only for a change. With so many possible car & track combinations it is mind numbing that the same ones keep being used time and again.

You also don't get to select a garage car so have to drive in whatever horrible livery the game gives the car.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM
    Pigems and Lateralus5813 like this.
  8. ASH32

ASH32

Yes seems to be the case for me too since I came back to racing a couple of weeks ago. There is always at least 1 or 2 gone either before (usually before or after the entry list screen) or during the race (cars just vanish in front of you) and it's just luck whether that is you or not (if it's you the black dc message just appears out of nowhere and you have to click it and are removed from the race).

From experience I'm pretty sure when it's this dc rather than internet issues. When I had internet issues all the other cars stopped or drove off the track first before I was later kicked and I've seen other people's cars just shoot off the track or smash into cars or barriers before vanishing, which I assume is them losing their connection. With this dc message (which doesn't even kick you from PD's servers, just that race) cars just vanish mid straight or mid corner and the screen does a little bounce, like lag and that can really mess up your race too.

Pigems and 6BK like this.
  9. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

The TT is most popular in the lower Dr classes every time this selection of cars come up. The higher up you get the more the Sirocco rises in popularity. The TT is strongest but the Sirocco is much more agile. The Mégane has the highest top speed. The Peugeot, well I can't say much, never really rode it.

Pigems, 6BK and Lateralus5813 like this.
  10. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Very appropriate for message #666 :lol:.

splitwindow, Pigems, watto79 and 3 others like this.
  11. 6BK

6BK

I was getting kicked at lobby but resolved it by moving my LAN away from a powerline plug and back to direct connection. Solved that issue. I am noticing lately that there are more UK drivers lagging that usual. Could be just pure coincidence but it's not something I recall happening much before. Lately though it seems common.

At Brands a couple of weeks back I was in 10th, rounded the last turn and every car in front drove into the barrier. I went to 1st on the track and my name was showing as first for nearly 30 seconds. I couldn't believe my luck that every car in the race crashed at the same turn. Then I was kicked!:crazy::idea::lol:

12. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

One space open for this, if any of you are interested.

Gr.1 vs Gr.3 Catalunya.

In whichever class you want.

dlshearon, Pigems and Kuraudo like this.
  13. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

• Breath. Relax.
    • Try to ignore the current lap progress timer at bottom of screen. Enjoy the car and the circuit.
    • Breath. Relax.
    • Pay attention to what you're actually doing rather than what you should be doing, if you can't spot your errors they can't be fixed. Then plan the fixes in advance.
    • Remember to breathe and relax.
    • Have fun.

splitwindow, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  14. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

NOOOOOOO!! i know you weren't catching P2 but ya know :lol:

The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  15. cowboyjon

cowboyjon

Ah... Dragon Trail, how I've missed your high speed shenanigans.

One hasn't played GT Sport in a while. I find gliding round your sensual curves is like slipping into a pair of old slippers.

A pair of slippers with a cold thumb tack hidden within, as prickly and dangerous as your very own chicane of death.

16. djidane57

djidane57

dat "GOKU" PSN ID is goddamn collector

splitwindow, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  17. Pigems

Pigems

Of course I didn’t practice with that one! :banghead:

The_Tullster and splitwindow like this.
  18. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

First DTS for the week was a non-event from a racing point of view, P4 > P4, top four positions unchanged for the whole race, never less than 2s back to fifth from before the bus stop on L1. Results table had 13 of 16 blue SR, one white SR-E (last place) and two reds, only four red dots down at the back of the field. I did get about 550 DR and back up to SR99 though.

Next race is going to be a disaster :dopey::crazy:

watto79, Pigems and Invisigoth like this.
  19. Pigems

Pigems

Got the old GTR down to a 30.1 so far, still lots of errors in the lap. I slides a little more than the new cars, but also seems to turn a little better. :)

29.8 now, trying the new Lexus. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM
    dlshearon likes this.