"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Johnnyboy532

Johnnyboy532

I used heavy wet tires in the race and tire wear was clearly my fault. Also the drop off in grip was attributed to my driving not the car. Lap times were not anything special 2:40's mostly, maybe a 2:39 at the fastest. Like I said in my later post, I watched a replay and seen where I was doing some self inflicted damage. Rain really takes a different level of finesse that I wasn't accustomed to.

2. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

You're on a controller right? That's really surprising because for me, it's the complete opposite. I haven't even raced the Huracan and I rarely use the Audi. I've probably had 2 or 3 wins with it, whilst I've easily won over a dozen races in the AMG. It's obviously a preference thing.

Pigems, Hygrade B and RacingGrandpa like this.
  3. djidane57

djidane57

nurb GP next week with no penalties? puntfest incoming

4. BoxwerxRacing

BoxwerxRacing

I really like Nurburgring GP but will probably give it a wide berth next week

Pigems likes this.
  5. afc5150

afc5150

I've been having some great, mostly clean races at wonderful rainy Spa this week. My Q time of 2'38"0 in the Audi has consistently given me a decent starting position, which I feel has helped my odds in the races. I've been finishing top 5 for the most part, with quite a few podiums, and finally WIN # 50!!

It's only taken 2,650 races to hit the milestone since buying the game in July 2018. I'm a little prouder of my consistent SR-S rating for over 300 days and counting. Looking at my DR graph, it's not hard to see when tracks like the Nordschliefe, Tokyo East and now Spa come up, as I do well at those places and the spike in my DR is quite noticeable. Realistically, I feel I am a high DR-B / high SR-S driver.

So on to the next 50, let's hope it happens before GT 7 drops! :D
    win050.jpg DRSR.jpg

6. TJC_69

TJC_69

Screenshot_2020-01-25-16-21-11.png I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully i'll qualify the first 2 rows and DR A SR S is clean.

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  7. Mc_Yavel

Mc_Yavel

Yeah, it was good sharing the track with you. :gtpflag:

Nice looking graph! :tup: Congrats on your 50th win :cheers:

I bet the big dip to SR.C is when they add Monza to the game!

QC YALUM, Pigems and afc5150 like this.
  8. ktsbence

ktsbence

Curious which cars are featured in Race A and C next week :confused:
    Race B will be a mess, I think I'll still try to race it. :lol:

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  9. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Doing a few races tonight, starting with A, then maybe the other as well. :)

10. Pancake90

Pancake90

For Race C, anything other than a GT86 would surprise me.

ktsbence and Pigems like this.
  11. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

I'm actually thinking it'll be the Miata TC.

Which will suck. Because PDs BoP ruins it.

roamingbard13 and Pigems like this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems Premium

13. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

That was fun. I shoulda let you by a lap earlier you maybe could have pressured them into a mistake. Good race from the back though. Knocked my Q time down to 1:01.055. Started 8th next race, finished 7th. Not bad up in B where I've never been.

RacingGrandpa, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

I feel the good thing is, Laguna Seca is a shorter track than say, Suzuka. Suzuka has the longish straights that were no good for the low HP high downforce MazdaTC. With more turning and elevation changes, it's going to suit the momentum nature of the car(if it is the Mazda TC).

Tracks like Brands Hatch, Interlagos, the short Maggiore layouts, etc. those suit momentum cars. We'll see.

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  15. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

About a year ago, we had a Daily C here at Tsukuba with Toyota 86. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the chosen combination.

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  16. Winnie847

Winnie847

Lots of races at Spa this week, some from the front and some from the back. This was my best in-race lap of the week. I thought it was clean enough to keep. Best finishing time has been 18:26.

Gr.3 Porsche - 2:36.695, Heavy Wets, BB-4

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020 at 5:37 AM
    BenRod, Vegard, JEverettL and 3 others like this.
  17. TJC_69

TJC_69

Had a Nurburgring Race B lobby open earlier. Things i've learnt from it:

The racing was clean and respectful through all Dr's And Sr's. But... my rooms are clean or kick.

The AMG merc was a solid choice for stability. The Atzena was also a multiple race winner.

Fastest finishing time I saw was 7 minutes 48 by several A+ drivers. My best was around 7 minutes 58 with traffic here and there.

And finally, qualifying will be everything here. Sure, you can overtake. But the hungry herd will soon catch your battle if you start battling.

Hope this information is of some use.

JEverettL likes this.
  18. Pancake90

Pancake90

I just met someone with an awful internet connection in Race A calling himself "Behold the lag" and his lobby entry message was "Lagging = Ramming without penalties". I'm not kidding.

19. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Wreck it all driver causes chaos at Brands, no penalty (surprise!) still end up with a good scrap against a nice and to fast driving dude...

Braking with cars..

RacingGrandpa likes this.
  20. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

This new no penalty system really brings out the garbage drivers. Been sideswiped by the same guy 3 races in a row, so I check his k stats. Yep. SR S this week only.