"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Bivittavus88, Nov 25, 2019.

1. sturk0167

sturk0167

I will definitely enjoy the Spa track more with Gr.4 cars than I did with the Gr.3 cars. :)

2. theschledy

theschledy

Love race B but whyyyyyy the GR.4 cars. Going to use the Subaru for a laugh.

Race C could be interesting. It's probably going to be the Jag VGT. But it would be nice to see the Super Formula outside of Japan for once.

3. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Only thing you can do is take inside and brake early...Braking early, hard to get offed. You might get sr down but that’s it.

The_Tullster, jAMPiRATE and Pigems like this.
  4. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

I honestly felt bored doing a quick hotlap session for Daily Race B. I'm not even happy with the 1:31.7 that I did but I have no motivation to do better than that.

The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  5. O604

O604

The recently added '03 M3 Coupe is N300. :D

6. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

It will be a good combination. Really looking forward to it.

7. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Having some great racing at the nord today, including a great one with @Sven Jurgens nust now.

I was running good in third. A nice parade lap trying to build space on the field, and it was working. Then i needlessly pushed it in the turn onto the loooong straight. Touch grass-spin 360, get going again just in time to be able to cath svens slip when he passed as he was already up to 5, now 4 after he passed me. I had a great time trying to meep up with you sir, was to bad you clippped the grass there. I get cought on that saame spot often myself tbh. We still finished 4, 5 at least.

Next.....

Mc_Yavel, The_Tullster, O604 and 2 others like this.
  8. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

i kinda figured it was a bad week for sr gains. i made 10 sr at nord last night but on the next race it was chaos.

9. Pigems

Pigems Premium

It’s a pretty close race around Spa in Gr4 cars, the GTR is probably the easiest to go fast in, I like the Jag best to drive though. :)

2D9035DA-222E-4577-AFDE-4517C67D9FB8.jpeg

Just don’t use the Hurrican, it’s terrible. :lol:

DelboyD, sirjim73, EinsTheOne and 8 others like this.
  10. sturk0167

sturk0167

I think I will enjoy using my WRX there. While it is far from the fastest, and doesn't win very often, it's my favorite because of it's predictability.
    It doesn't give me any unexpected surprises in the middle of corners.

11. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

What happened to the Hurucan? it was my go to Group4 car for ages then just .... fail.

i hope i can repeat your experience, i really like driving the jag and the RCF.

The_Tullster, theschledy and Pigems like this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I wondered the same thing, it was the Meta practically everywhere for the longest time, now it’s a dud.

13. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

i for one am glad its gone lol. was tired of lambo gr4 one makes.

14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Of course when you wait to safely rejoin the track the game thinks you are wall riding and you get a 5 sec wall penalty :banghead:

Last race my tires got dirty from the car ahead going wide, bouncing off the wall and almost taking me out. I was on the grass to avoid (might have tapped me, can't tell) thus the next corner I went wide without grip (He was right behind me, didn't dare to brake too much, but obviously didn't brake enough) I stayed out of his way to safely go back on the track after he passed and get 5 sec penalty for my efforts. He got nothing of course for his wall bounce almost taking me out. Driving dangerously is what PD wants us to do!

I caught up before the straight only to get tapped wide again by another car losing control lol. Next race!

15. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I actually had almost the opposite thing happen at mt. Panarama. I was right on someones ass and he lost it in the cutting, going 90° right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard to try and not plow into him and maybe sqeeze by. He actually ghosted imidiatly, i couldn't believe it.... i know your not supposed to lift, he should be gone by the time you get there. But PD has trained me otherwise... lol

16. O604

O604

I hate re-spawning in the middle of the track. :scared:

Got to race with @Sven Jurgens earlier. Handed him a cup of water as he passed by. My QT 8:41 got me P10. Pretty calm race. I moved up a spot and got a CRB. Repaired my SR. Feels a lot better than yesterday. :D

17. Granadier

Granadier

God I hope so. Any day I can pull my danger noodle out of the garage is a good day.

SUCK IT MEGANE

18. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Up 40 something SR from my lowest this morning. Being a little quicker helps, and I got a couple of good races without much bumping and no penalties.

I also finished in the top 5 for all three races. I might switch over to Race A where I’m much slower and I make sure I don’t get to DR B before I’m at SR A or S.

19. jAMPiRATE

jAMPiRATE

Tuesday is far less carnage... Monday must be particularly bad. Also defending from dive bombs that turn out to be just fresh air most of the time is apparently the order of the day.

Recovered 10k DR since yesterday... Only 7k more to go... SR very slowly recovering!

Bring on next week's races

The_Tullster, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  20. TLA_nickdanbu

TLA_nickdanbu

European region Daily Race B Lobby D C is full of complete clowns. Grow up and lets have some proper racing instead of punting at every opportunity. As a beginner who has put in a lot of work to improve my racecraft I am not impressed at the welcome!

21. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

When you pass someone at Flugplatz, yet they deny you the racing line
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tokyo drift!

22. John G

John G

Got my head down and improved my qually time from 8:42 to 8:31, but that started me 3 times right behind someone with a terrible connection, so frustrating!

So another qually lap and down to 8:28, happy with that from where i started at.

Struggling to get through any race unscathed tho today, but am at least up another 1500 DR and the laps are long enough to collect a lot of positive SR so I'm keeping at 99

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:53 PM
  23. stpatty

stpatty

You managed to hit him so hard he got air when he went over the kerb, well done.

24. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Don't think it will be, they're good on more 'point and squirt' tracks where there's a focus on low-mid end acceleration but the Jag could be really strong there in my opinion and will be the first thing I use. Anything with good top end should be useful, especially if it's also good at cornering. I'd think the Meganes out of La Source will be decent but will get swallowed up by the end of the Kemmel Straight and that'll be it for their challenge.

*Just seen @Pigems test, I reckon he needs to try harder in the Lambo!!:D

25. O604

O604

Gotta say I do like the 86 on Race C. Really like the 53-47 feel to the car. And the kick of the rear wheel drive.

The brakes are suspiciously too good. And the handling. Probably the most forgiving car offered on the Nurburgring, in terms of being able to recover. Really though? Sure makes Toyota look good. :odd:

Who knows? Maybe it is that good? :)

edit - or maybe it's because I drive this car in the Dailies so much. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 10:47 PM
  26. tonospeed

tonospeed

have the day off but for the first time i`m not actually looking forward to racing my new rig-this week already down from DR/B SR/S to DR/D SR/A.
    my race times are roughly a second off my quali time and i`m happy to get off line and let faster drivers through,especially if i miss an apex or brake marker but when you start 8th and there are 4 unqualified drivers with A+ and A ratings (and 2 seconds faster than me)starting from the back of the grid makes it really hard,especially when you spend hours shaving 1/2 a second off-am i supposed to pull over and let them all pass or stick to the racing line and suffer 3 SR downs in a race!
    why should you be able to race without qualifying-why bother with quali at all??
    appreciate it must be fun to rip through the back markers but spare a thought for all the damage that ensues.
    while i`m at it-alt accounts suck-they just give you an excuse to dick around at others expense.
    i know it`s just a game and the technology is awesome but if you`ve ever raced legally it is just plain frustrating.
    i don`t care about DR-i probably will never win a race but my Sr is important to me so please man up and qualify so the playing field is level.

@Groundfish "He had an A+ too, which emphasizes my point that aggression is being rewarded over race craft.""
    spot on mate.

rant over

27. TLA_nickdanbu

TLA_nickdanbu

I chose GTS because I was told that all the idiots are on Forza. I've only had the game 4 days but I've got all golds in driving school, and the daily race circuits and I have learnt to drive with no TCS. Qualifying is in the top 5 consistently but get torpedoed in turn 1 or 2 every time.

Pigems and The_Tullster like this.
  28. Redsea666

Redsea666

You've got 2 seconds or so on me, but I'm getting it in Brazil. I *know* the lines, I just can't hit them consistently, and doubly so at Senna. That chicane is REALLY EFFING HARD.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:10 AM
    Pigems and The_Tullster like this.
  29. 250Cal

250Cal

30. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Watch the rear-view mirror — I’m new, too, and I’ve learned over the last couple weeks that I need to give space for the dummies behind me. Sometimes I move over to give them “the line” for them to overrun, and sometimes I let them pass. For the most part, the ones that recklessly pass end up behind me at the end anyways.

Some tracks are also better than others. Red Bull Ring, which has been on twice since I’ve started, is way worse than any of the tracks this week when it comes to tomfoolery.

banckzy, JEverettL, Redsea666 and 3 others like this.