"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by 05XR8, May 6, 2019.

1. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Well well well. I got home full of the joys of spring. I had 15 mins before the race so did a bit of pre-race QTT. IMG_20190514_212629.jpg
    Happy with that for now. Better than I thought I'd manage at this stage. So then we raced.
    IMG_20190514_212554.jpg
    IMG_20190514_212654.jpg
    Things were going well!

Race 2 of the evening was an P8 start to finish with very little in between.

Race 3 then happened with the aforementioned penalty. Starting in P6. P5 gets it wrong out of the Essess, on the grass just about holds onto it. I have go around his mess and tap the breaks to make TR which is where we comes back along the outside with absolutely no chance of keeping it within the lines, we swap door mirrors, I get 2 seconds, a sitting duck out of PlayStation and in the end finish P8 again. By this point I'm up to around 2K DR and I'm feeling a bit tired. But I surely have a better race in me than that. Let's do one more...

Race 4... Start P5. Trade places with P4 along Hunaudieres but bump him under breaking into the second chicane. Totally my fault. I get 3secs but wait for him all the same. This allows the pack to catch up. We get drafted by an F1 up towards Mulsanne and distracted by all that I miss my breaking point, recognising my race is now pretty much over I go for the better part of valour and get off the track on the outside and into the sand. I get reset back into the middle of carnage between there and Indi and by the time we get to Arnage we're scrubbing SIX SECONDS! P16. On we go then, anything can happen. Sure enough as everyone else enjoys the sand at Porsche and spins out at Ford I start lap 2 back up to P11. By this points I'm defo feeling tired and conspire to foolishly cut the entry into PlayStation for another 1sec. Finish P13. DR back down to 800.

I didn't really want to finish on that one either. But enough's enough for today. I'll only end up ruining other peoples races now!

2. O604

O604

Had 2 races at Brands today.

QT 59.889. Started 5th and 9th. Finished 4th and 5th. 4 for 4 clean race bonus for the week so far. Couldn't ask for better.

I did not think think I'd enjoy racing in this car. I was very wrong.

3. gtpierre

gtpierre

Low DR.B here
    I'm the low 3.58, i start top 3 most of the time.
    Most of the Top 10 is under 4min in the DrB Races I did

I'm trying to bring it to 3.57 and I know I can, as I have done laps .8s faster in the last sector.

If you start at the back you just have to let people pass you without fighting too much so you stay out of the carnage, and pass people when they serve penalties.

---

Btw The fastest lap in Europe was done cutting the track, this guy must be exploiting some track limit tolerance related to lag or something, because the replay shows 4 wheels out all the time.

4. serlemke

serlemke Premium

maybe true for that, but in the other hand you can faster control acceleration/break using just the fingers, I know because I was part of it short ago.

05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  5. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

so many positions to be had. I couldn't believe the amount of penalties in my races.

Pigems likes this.
  6. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Down to 4:00.235. With an optimal of 3:58.904.

I need to lift slightly into the "second" left. But, mostly flat out now. Thanks for the tip.

Illum_Concept and Pigems like this.
  7. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

That was the "A" bonus, intended for when you are SR A, and at 29,950 DR, and you keep you SR at A and you get 60 DR, you then become a DR "A". So the game gives you about 1500 DR so get a breather in DR. But you were around 32,000 DR, but you still got the DR "A" bonus. Cool. I wonder if one managed to get to 50,000 and A+, as a B driver, because one managed to keep one's SR at B level all that time ... what sort of a bonus one might get? Do you get a bonus when you hit A+ guys? Sven? But you probably don' count your DR much ...

On the Anti spin control - "ASM" or whatever - I thought it was great with it on because if you got pushed off the track you just pointed to the black top and dove straight back onto the track ... I never thought about those that use it to deliberately ram others and keep a fast racing line. As far as track speed goes, it worked nicely in the A8, but with it off I was a bit faster but not by a huge amount. I doubt it is faster in many of the cars, but it might be in a low polar moment car like a mid engined car that can rotate quickly. It's horrible that such aids are used to assist crashers.

Oh and for all races, I reckon they should make the first lap with all collisions ghosted. And also remove the slip stream benefit until the commence of one's 2nd lap. That would make the first lap like a qualifying lap, and one might be able to get a safety gap behind oneself. Having races and DR and SR ruined by idiots is not fun unless you are the idiot.

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 11:55 PM
    Pigems likes this.
  8. ntanygd760

ntanygd760

I am all for letting people use ASM. It helps awful drivers but slows down everyone who is slightly better than awful.

Pigems likes this.
  9. toddstar77

toddstar77

I agree, on Daily B last night night the impact of the rolling start for 1,2,3 starting was a huge advantage over the rest and those in the chicane at the start are dealt a blow as the back of the grid catches them easily in the first couple of corners.

As for punt fest - yep I punted last night, my fault possibly but when someone gets those braking spots off long straights wrong where are you to go but up their backside :( ... ironically didnt get any penalties from punting those guys off so maybe the algorithm saw them as trying to brake test the player behind??

Daily C was FUN... qual 1:28ish and fuel saving in the first stint then hammer time in the second with boost..... moved from the back of the field in all races for a few podiums - looking forward to a few more Daily C races this week.

Pigems likes this.
  10. bdubclub

bdubclub

I just did this, definitely better competition in the EU, and I’m only low level B. You won’t regret it.

Pigems likes this.
  11. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

I've noticed I've been the only D/S driver a few times in the C race. D guys generally not S?

Pigems likes this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems

The #2 time for Race B was using it this afternoon though, that shouldn’t be able to happen. It shouldn’t be good enough to help the fastest guys, they don’t need it.

Sweet!! I definitely making one for each region now. Thanks for the info! :cheers:

bdubclub, GT5Power and RZQSPEED like this.
  13. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Los Angeles might be the best place to be:
    Los Angeles (LAX) - Tokyo (HND)
    mi 5488 km 8831

Los Angeles (LAX) - Frankfurt (FRA)
    mi 5806 km 9343

Los Angeles (LAX) - Rio De Janeiro (GIG)
    mi 6294 km 10129

Los Angeles (LAX) - Sydney (SYD)
    mi 7488 km 12051

So its quicker to play Europeans than those in various places in South America.

As far as depth of racing goes, IMO there is more quantity of quality in Europe than anywhere else.

Driver qualifying speeds: Japan is overall faster than North America , and as fast as Europe but there are less playing in Japan than Europe. But Japan is closer to LA than LA is to Frankfurt.

Japan dominates Asia but Hong Kong is strong, and Asia includes Australia and New Zealand who are far away from Japan (and does India and Pakistan compete anywhere?).
    Tokyo (NRT) - Sydney (YQY)
    mi 6651 km 10703

While LA could race with the Japanese via Asia, the Australians and New Zealanders would be heavily lagged at the total distance from LA to Sydney via Tokyo would be 12,000 miles/19,500 km.

Where is the America's server. Australians could race North Americans ... LA isn not much further away from use than Tokyo ...

I don't know where he central servers are. Japan has Asia's server though, all the time now it seems. Darn it, it causes accidents and non-driver based loss of SR and DR.

I would like to run a new zone, I'd be in charge on behalf of PD, I'd be dedicated and live in the same area and would go to work weekly if the surf was not up for when the weather was too windy for water activities.

The central server place: Tahiti. I would be willing to tolerate and learn to adapt to French tropical cooking too.

Distance from Tahiti to Los-Angeles
    #1 Tahiti -17.650919,-149.426041Hitiaa O Te Ra, France
    Air line: 4,120.93 mi (6,631.99 km)

1 Tahiti - Tokyo
    Air line: 5,916.78 mi (9,522.14 km)
    #2 Tokyo, JPN 35.689500,139.691710

#1 Tahiti - Sydney
    Air line: 3,807.70 mi (6,127.90 km)

#1 Tahiti - Chile
    Air line: 4,942.24 mi (7,953.76 km)

1 Tahiti - New Zealand
    Air line: 2,546.71 mi (4,098.53 km)

Good racing for South America, Japan, New Zealand Australia, South East Asia all in the one group.

Happy to be criticised with some real race statistics and facts!

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 2:41 AM
    Pigems likes this.
  14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

SR.B is an impassable barrier on race B. It's where all the new accounts come in. Last race had 4 E/B drivers, likely alts, yet they were driving like they were up against AI... Nothing but bump and push. Thus my SR is going down to C again since any tap from behind in SR.B is a neutral rating, second tap is red. I had a Brazilian behind me with 2 sec penalty and right before the penalty zone he had to draft bump, completely pointless, yet red SR for me.

Racing standards aren't much different from SR.S though, in the backfield. The ratio of clean drivers might actually be higher as there are less overconfident people in SR.B. No A/S around that think they can out brake anything :lol:

I'm currently driving the Dodge Viper SRT. Not really a contender. The Porsche did rather well thanks to the benefit of drafting. On it's own it's not that fast but starting from the back it can get up to quite a nice speed and then still out brake most.

sturk0167, Invisigoth and Pigems like this.
  15. O604

O604

Wish the Daily Races were cross regional. Global.

Makes no sense why not. Quality of connection is probably more important than location/distance. Canada has embarrassing slow internet. So playing with someone on the other side of Canada with slow internet would be worse than playing with someone from Europe, Asia, wherever with faster internet.

16. ntanygd760

ntanygd760

The number 2 time was using ASM or CSA? Crazy if ASM. I was under the impression ASM always slows you down.

Pigems likes this.
  17. breeminator

breeminator

From your descriptions of your races, my top tip is try to drive within yourself a little bit more. It's the races that go horribly wrong that destroy your rating, because one complete disaster can wipe out what you gained in several solid performances. If you watch my video of two of my races that I put up, you'll see that I mainly gained places by simply avoiding making any huge mistakes while drivers around me made errors.

Stencedaddy, Pigems and JoeyLeonine like this.
  18. ntanygd760

ntanygd760

It is also a bit odd that ASM/CSA can only be used in race B and C, not A

Stencedaddy and Pigems like this.
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

M6 just gets it done. Game slows me right between the chicanes. Uncool. All BMW powered cars top 5. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was about to catch 1st place and we both get 0.5 second penalties at the start of lap 2.:tdown:
    [​IMG]

20. Oswald07

Oswald07

Really enjoying race C this week. That Super Formula car is so fun to drive. With 11 laps I'm constantly finding new ways to get a little more out of the car and the track.

Can be a real mess through the first corner and until the first hairpin. Then the rammers fade away and you have 10 laps repair the damage to your SR.

Pigems likes this.
  21. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Ran some late night races tonight. It was decent, not the usual crowd i am used to if i race at night, but clean and competitive for the most part. Got pole in every race, but Messed up in all but one and finished mid pack. The one i managed not to make a stupid mistake in was a good one though.

1557896827676171895778.jpg

Now i need to sleep.....

22. breeminator

breeminator

Liberated by my 2nd account, I did my first ever race C. Went for a strategy of smacking straight into the wall trying to pit. It reset me in a place where I couldn't get into the pits. Fortunately I had a lap of fuel left to make it round again, but overall, it wasn't an optimal strategy.

So I tried it again, and this time I went for a no-stopper, starting with the fuel on 6. Tyre wear was no problem, but it's a lot of power to give away, and my feeling is a one-stopper is going to be quicker? Will try a one-stopper another time, but the nice thing about the no-stopper was I didn't mind just sitting out the early chaos behind everyone who hadn't yet binned it.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

Just to give some players a little bit more info on what they're driving on the track.

24. Oswald07

Oswald07

Pushing the car as hard as you can is more fun.

Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  25. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

You're not wrong. Slow and steady wins the race. Not quite but I defo get what you're saying. I think Le Mans is actually teaching me patience more than anything. Which is only a good thing - all you can do up Hunaudieres is wait and bide your time.

Going to just try and be disciplined for the rest of the week. Not force anything and see what comes.

What I won't be doing is the 'press-options-to-autodrive-and-ghost-through-Ford-Chicanes'... That's just criminal in my book.

Dairyworker, Stencedaddy and Pigems like this.
  26. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

It's nice to see so many different cars being used in race B this week. First of it was mostly Mclaren and the Ford GT. Personally I did not used both of these cars. Used the Mustang (with this livery let's it look even more beastly! Thanks to the creator.), F-type and Vantage atm. Think im goina give the M6 and GR Supra Racing Concept also a try! Any other suggestions to try?

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 8:08 AM
  27. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

I'm liking the GTR.

That said, you're faster than me. So, it might just work for us slow people.

Pigems and tariklehaine like this.
  28. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Might give race B a run tomorrow. I had a few races in the Porsche Race A ... won my second race too, being on the pole. Made 150 DR.

Have you ever noticed how much the Porsche speedster 356 looks like a Dodgem car? I hope you guys know what they are - many Australians first learn to drive in Dodgem cars. Located under cover with a pole and a wire going up to the roof, which powered the electric motor. In Fun Parks. You pay to get often, then you buy tickets for rides. Maybe way ahead of its time being electrically powered? I suspect many Japanese also learn't their race craft on Dodgem cars too.

But I found out the Speedsters in race - they race just like Dodgem cars do too ... if you know what I mean?

So my race times increased remarkable as I explored how deep the sand is in England when its placed inside a race circuit. It's fairly deep and soft, and certainly effective. I was so annoyed after my third race, full of adrenalin, I improved my qualifying by 0.25 seconds. And then after being bashed up again, and loosing maybe 1500 DR, I improved that before my final race. There' still more there but I don't think I'll need it. Another race for me next time.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 9:15 AM
    Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  29. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Was also thinking about the GTR indeed. Slower does not mean it will work only better for you. :D Atm my Qtime is 3.58 but I am sure i can get this down to 3.56 (just had like 1 hour playtime for so far this week). But I will give the GTR a try, also a pretty stable car.

Pigems likes this.
  30. Ramzacom

Ramzacom

Stuck on 4.00.170 on race B, attempting sub 4 but Le Mans is definitely not my track.
    Put me twice 4th at start grid, finished twice on podium.

The first on B rank EMEA turn on 3,58 hotlap. It’s a gap i can’t reach

Pigems likes this.