"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 15, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Timm Sheehan, BigSarj, Pigems and 6 others like this.
  2. Leggacy

Leggacy

The key is not to use the hard shoulder on corner entry, it’s easy to get a penalty at the first chicane that way. Stay within the white lines and you’ll be ok.

3. BalsBrother

BalsBrother

Had a few race C at Le Man's this morning. It's been pretty good clean racing so far with only corner cuts and track limits being a thing as far I can tell.

I am glad I skipped the dailies over the weekend and used that time to practice this track with the LM55. Track knowledge and having picked out my breaking point is helping a lot so far. Folks really do get tunnel visioned on the straights and seem to forget there are some twisty bits.

Might be a fun week and hopefully my DR might see some upward movement for a change.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Little_Guppy, Pigems, OJBrit and 4 others like this.
  4. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

The lesson for Race C this week is “Beware the idiot in the Group C car.”

Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  5. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

The problems you can't know if it's an idiot just because his in a Gr C car. The number one car on the EMEA top 10 is a 787b....
    Edit:and the R18 is a great car for qualifying but not for racing so beware of those too.

6. DefInfinity

DefInfinity

Is this at the moment?

I'm sure by the end of the week the TS050 is going to dominate and end up being the meta car.

Though, the 787B looks like a beast down the straights along with the LM55. The R18 might fall out of favor for some folk.

Pigems and AfraidRacer like this.
  7. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Having fun with Daily Race C. I wasn't sure on what's the right car for this track so I checked the leaderboard hours ago and saw that the Pug seems to be the right car so I went ahead for that car and managed to get a win in my first try for this week's Daily Race. In terms of the grid I'm in, its a mix of usual TS050 users, 908 users, and Group C users.

You may notice that I'm wearing Ari Vatanen's helmet because I feel like I needed like a guidance of some sorts for this race since I'm driving a Peugeot.
    Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210301190248_1.png

Had a good shot of the first lap.

8. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Not on now, but it was before.

Edit: as in "I'm not online to check now".
    @GOTMAXPOWER to the rescue!

9. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

787B 1-2-3-5 now :cheers:

10. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

No Bathurst this week but thought i'd post this, ever get a little loose through the esses? Go to 4.30...KA..BLAM...OOOOOH

Pigems likes this.
  11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

In the 787 you don't have this issue as I've not had anything able to keep up even if they are withing range. By the end of any straight you have over a sec to them. Suppose in higher lobbies with people using the boost better it might be an issue, but not C- low B.

Little_Guppy, Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  12. Groundfish

Groundfish

I mean...You have a chance to drive a car like that, or...A Prius? My crew is prepping up my Mazda for race week. #puntahybridweek

D4401E76-6F82-4EA7-B32A-71E728A96E6D.jpeg

BC6CAC52-9C57-4E5A-8C2A-567E6D9E3093.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2021
  13. jad866

jad866

got to play for like an 1 hr this morning 1/2 for practice and did 1 race . Qualy was in 908 in the low 1.21. Race was in the TS50 started on pole and won (2 on hards 4 on med) I should be able to get qualy a little lower but I do think the HYBIRDS by the end of the week will be car to beat. I defiantly will try some group C later on in the week just getting my feet wet today...

Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  14. OJBrit

OJBrit

You see I had the opposite experience. I guess all the races are a pic n mix currently.

05XR8, Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  15. Tigerhawk87

Tigerhawk87

Race B is giving me the opportunity to practice with Jaguar who I'm using for the Manufacturer's season. Enjoyable, sturdy car at Spa. Only issue is I almost don't trust myself enough to chuck it in sometimes! The car definitely feels like it will handle it!
    Also, anyone high B feel free to add me, or anyone really! Username is the same as here.

16. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I have that Anton De Pasquale livery all ready for the Bathurst race.... Now I might use another....

And for race C my 787b's are warming up. Just gotta decide what livery to run...
    I think Kodak or Fuji Film today

17. Groundfish

Groundfish

This week will be a NO QUAL week on the c race. With this penalty system no qual will be GLORIOUS!
    I’m looking forward to it after the battles on B last week. The great thing about the hybrids is that they are a safe choice.

84BF88CC-F650-4FF8-9756-5DF3A6B423D1.jpeg

#boycotthybridsGTS

Personally I don’t race LeMans because it’s safe.

NoStopN, GTWolverine, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  18. jad866

jad866

LOL............agree I will be 962 before weeks end last time we had this combo i was doing 3.22's for a qualy in the 962. Just getting the lay of the land I love roaring by the electric cars down mulsane but i did play it safe this morning no doubt

19. meekrab

meekrab

My usual strategy is to assume anybody with the car's default livery is a hazard unless I recognize their name. ;)

20. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

I suppose that if most people are going to be at 99 SR now, there will be a better separation by DR in the races. :tup:
    In other words, a C driver shouldn't be put in races with A & A+ people quite so often.

21. Quakebass

Quakebass

Hopped in Race A last night in the Carrera RS knowing full well I was terribly inexperienced at Fuji and I’d probably picked the slower of the two available cars.

I got pole and two wins on my first two tries. I guess everyone I was matched with was just worse at Fuji than me? :confused::confused::confused: I certainly wasn’t setting record laps, but I’ll take it. :lol:

I did a few runs with the 997 shortly after and picked up a few more wins, it’s clearly the faster car by like 3-4s a lap.

sturk0167, Pigems and Tigerhawk87 like this.
  22. djidane57

djidane57

what is the optimal strategy for race C? do you need to refuel?

Pigems likes this.
  23. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

C'mon out tonight @05XR8 the Group C cars are plenty competitive since there's a mandatory pit stop. Been thrashing Toyotas easily. Have only lost to 1 in 4 races. Lost to a couple pugs and an old R18 though.

24. bone_tone

bone_tone

Only seen the TS050 win so far in race C - looks like it's still competitive, even with the compulsory tyre change.

Been running the 908 myself, made up places in every race, but it doesn't feel like I could win with it!

Pigems likes this.
  25. jad866

jad866

no refuel is required only tire change must use both

Pigems likes this.
  26. GTR Racer 5

GTR Racer 5

Came to the conclusion I hate streamers. It’s just full of A+ drivers that don’t bother qualifying at all is Race C. Why can’t they organise the splits by qualifying lap time and SR? Least the big headed look at me I can win from the back streamers would then have to do a laptime

Tea_Leaves, Groundfish and slthree like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

Oddly enough(never thought I'd say this), I've been thrashing sports cars in Race B, with the WRX and Evo. Once I come to the end of the first straight, I eat anything in my path with those rally inspired sedans. Nom Nom.:lol:

Caveat: RCZ users don't like being passed.

Anyway, I'll check out Race C. Everyone in 787Bs are music to my ears. :O

Redneckchef, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  28. NoStopN

NoStopN

[​IMG]

29. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

The usual race guide for you :)!

AndrewD3k, ASH32, dany duclos and 9 others like this.
  30. adam46

adam46

Going live to try the dailies for the week! Spa is not a strong track to me, but I do love a Porsche road car, so Daily A could be happy hunting. Daily C... I don't run La Sarthe enough to know how strong I'll be really!

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.