"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pigems

Pigems

I’ll be doing that race tonight as well, and hopefully the Manu race too. Good Luck! :cheers:

2. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

I'm still figuring out the DR scoring, but don't post it again, I know how the chart works. Just had a run of strange finishes in points the other night. Finished 7th in a lobby of B/S drivers like me and lost 500 or so points. Finish 6th in a lobby with 7 drivers A or A+ and gain 200? I know I can lose that much by being highest ranked B in a race, but I don't think I was. Confusing part is not gaining hardly anything beating plenty of people I know out rank me by a big margin. I was hugging at 20k so know I should have been picking up some big points for that finish.

Oh well. Did get to stay at 20k for now and managed to have some clean races so getting to enjoy it a bit more as the week goes. Still scratching my head around how I did so well last few weeks by cleaning up points at a wet Tokyo as well as GR 1 at Sarthe and Fuji and then drive around so badly in the pack at St. Croix and Seaside. Time to try and practice more.

3. sturk0167

sturk0167

You may have been giving up some DR to lower ranked cars ahead of you.

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  4. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

I've done 4 race A's this week. 2 yesterday, 2 today. All I have time for.

Have gone from 88SR to 57SR, but raised DR by 840 pts.

Been endlessly bumped from behind, squeezed through corners when there isn't an overtaking opportunity, brake checked, and of course the usual penalties for someone banging off a wall, into me, back to the wall and I get the penalty.

First race today I had 12 seconds of penalties before the hairpin, and all for others hitting me and slamming the wall. I started 11th (don't qualify, but do 2.10's and 2.11's in race mode) and was in 5th by turn 2. I was back to 11th after serving the daft penalties.

Even had a TT trying to edge me off the track going down the start finish straight!!! We were side by side after crossing the line, and they just kept grinding the door and trying to push me to the right of the track.....WTF?????

5. TomoDonut

TomoDonut

I have tried it, and I agree about the handling, however it is too slow on the straight in my opinion.
    I have found the Megane to be the best balanced for it, I have done a 2.09.6 in it

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  6. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Did mine in the Aston, S-H-S (5-8-5), my softs were wrecked if I tried six lap stints but the hards, I could have carried on to the end quite easily. Cars better on tyres have tended to do 7-7-4 or 7-4-7 from what I've seen. Personally I think the GT86 is strong, Viper also, Ferrari won my race.

But with the long nature of it and the Death Chicane/worn tyres combo, it's a fun race in my opinion with plenty of strategy options

*In fact ignore those strats! Pretty much anything is on the table if you want to try it

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:56 PM
    Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  7. 6BK

6BK

Just did my first race of the week. It may be my last. Daily A SR went from 97 to 85. Cars barge up the inside, hit you as they do so and then hit the wall.

As I was lapping I had the tune of a Talking Heads song in my head as I sang “SR Killer, Tokyo, Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far.”

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:30 AM
    O604, sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  8. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Thanks for the info! I went for Tokyo in the rain, did a no stop of heavy wets but should have set the brake balance to the front sooner to save the back tires. It got very slippery in the last few laps, 2 sec slower, but still faster than a pit stop.
    [​IMG]
    Two others and myself didn't have a red dot at the end, yet my car still collected a couple scrapes. Next one better! Talk about waiting time between races, 1.5 hours :confused: Back to DT seaside GR.2 after dinner, GR.4 is too slow after that. Back to Tokyo at 8:40 pm.

Btw, wall penalties are only 1.5 seconds in this race which hardly matter with the penalty zone in the braking zone while having to brake at the 200 marker anyway in these cars.

Pigems, Tea_Leaves, O604 and 3 others like this.
  9. Fatal1ty93RUS

Fatal1ty93RUS

I'm convinced people that are in the lead for daily races are either god tier gamers or their cars run twice as fast as everybody else's. It's impossible to close the gap and catch them. Makes races really unfun, especially if there are idiots on the grid, which is another nail in the coffin of driver/sportsmanship rating systems - they are literally useless

10. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Should have stayed off this morning. 2 low rated lobbies before I went to work. Baaaad idea. Dive bomb into the first chicane but a swerve avoided it. 2 people taking next hairpin side by side and both slide. I end up bumping them as they panic block me. Then get divebombed from 0.6 back at the next hairpin. He clips my rear before tapping the wall. Lovely 5 sec penalty. From there I just tanked the chicane differing amounts laps 2-4 to stay near back but other people getting thrashed by the divebombed gets me back to.midfield. DR down 11 thanks to the penalty and my adventures at the CoD. After blatantly punting 4 of us he has a blue S at the end.

Next race I get punted into the first hairpin. No penalty and I am at the back again. A absolutely out of control swerving Black Knight ahead lets the guy behind catch. Proceed to run wide at the esses but no big issue. Lap 3 the guy ahead banks it off the exit wall at the chicane and I pass going into the final turn. He proceeds to tap me relentlessly til I simply let him by. He blows it at the turn before the chicane and follows me through. Punt at last hairpin but we are even on the front straight, where he proceeds to drive me into the wall. I brake and hit him back. He gets 4 sec, I get 2. Still bottle it myself trying to push so miss passing him barely. I lost 21 SR I the 2 races, after the one he is reset from B/S to C/C.

I think I will practice race C. I am neither fast enough, smooth and steady enough nor mean enough for the lobbies I keep landing. Thought I had a handle on it but I am going to have to say I need a break from that one now.

11. NoStopN

NoStopN

Personally, I can't recall ever binning it there in any class. I typically go too fast into the next turn & crash at that spot.

Just watch any of my winning videos. My cars feel like they have concrete in the trunk. :lol:

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  12. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

The bus stop has taken over again as the biggest widow maker. That corner still goes wrong when people try to take it 3 wide :banghead:

Pigems likes this.
  13. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

A day off today, and back for some "Dailies", after a week away due to illness!! Concentrated on Race B, and great success with the 7 races I did, including 3 wins!!

The last race of the evening for me, and in the same race as winner @GOTMAXPOWER .........I started 5th, and got up to second on lap 4........Last lap, and it all got a bit dirty.....Video up tomorrow for all your viewing "pleasure"..........

Something really has to be done with these cheats, they just spoil it for others all the time....... :/

At least my DR and SR have shot back up to "A" and "S" after the pinball races of the week before last in the rain at Tokyo....Back tomorrow for some more racing! :)

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  14. sturk0167

sturk0167

Be like Brad Pitt. Get good at counter-punching. :tup:
    [​IMG]

Pigems and HammyMansell like this.
  15. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

It's not in my nature, but if I see the little bugger in one of my races again, I might just give him/her a little PITT for the memories.......No naming and shaming of course, but their name will appear in my video tomorrow.....Serves him/her right! ;)

sturk0167, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  16. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

It wasn't me (this time)! :lol:

I've been trying to beat my 2016 qualifying time with the 2008 car, it feels better in every way but the best lap is still 0.001s slower, I give up for tonight but will try again tomorrow.

HammyMansell likes this.
  17. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

:D

Well done with your win mate, fun race that, I love the Trail of the Dragon!! I hope to see you there tomorrow for some more!