"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Sigh... Bathurst has been fun this week and I think I've done my last race for the week and found myself starting the race with a suprise A+ rating!! Had a nice run started 4th on mediums and made a spot into 3rd on the softs on lap 8 and missed the FL by less than a tenth of a second.

After being on the verge of being reset through low SR after racing from the back and making it back to 99sr before doing some qualifying laps, I've ended the week by getting to A+ 52.4k DR and lowered my fastest lap at Bathurst to a 1.59.947 in the Corvette. I think that will do for one of the most fun weeks I've had since picking the game back up a couple of months ago after a long break.

97A85A41-1A0D-4758-A5C7-E372DC306C3A.jpeg

I feel dizzy.

ALrighty. DId a Bathurst morning run in the F1. No HUD. No qualy. Mixed A/S-D/S. P13/16. Finished P8 after a rookie mistake of button smashing at pit stop. Did another lap and pitted for RS. Lost a position and got it back.
Decided to try the F1 at St Croix. Did a 2:09.372.

Can tell this is 26yo technology.:lol:
No doubt making up the time with acceleration and speed on the straights. However, having to brake earlier and less downforce in the corners, is a bit on the edge. That'll be an alternative for me. Next, I'll try the 650S at Suzuka.
I tried the F1 at St. Croix yesterday. It would be good if its brakes worked.

Made a single race in Bathurst after some laps and I really, really needs to learn to drive in this track. I'm losing too much time in the hill section. I call it a day and wait for the next dailies.

Sigh... Bathurst has been fun this week and I think I've done my last race for the week and found myself starting the race with a suprise A+ rating!! Had a nice run started 4th on mediums and made a spot into 3rd on the softs on lap 8 and missed the FL by less than a tenth of a second.

After being on the verge of being reset through low SR after racing from the back and making it back to 99sr before doing some qualifying laps, I've ended the week by getting to A+ 52.4k DR and lowered my fastest lap at Bathurst to a 1.59.947 in the Corvette. I think that will do for one of the most fun weeks I've had since picking the game back up a couple of months ago after a long break.
My guy you’re an easy A+ if you weren’t starting from the back 😂

I just noticed that the K' event page shows that the upcoming Race A has adjustable settings - is that likely an error or PD throwing a curveball?

I just noticed that the K' event page shows that the upcoming Race A has adjustable settings - is that likely an error or PD throwing a curveball?
It's like that pretty often. It's never "adjustable". I think its for BoP reasons.

First let me apologise for what will probably be a long post. Having now achieved A+ (however briefly, and however luckily) I wanted to make a point of thanking the great people on this forum.

A bit under a year ago I first posted here after having lurked for several months looking for any tips or hints. I had been aware of this forum many years ago but rediscovered it shortly after getting into Sport Mode. It took me some time to post because as a low C rated player I felt I had very little to offer to the experts here. By the time I reached low A I felt that I could at least engage with the conversations in a meaningful way, even though I wasn't (and am not) remotely an expert.

Since I started posting I have found the community here to be incredibly generous, very knowledgeable and highly entertaining. The contribution you have all made to the quality of my driving and the enjoyment I get from it has been immeasurable. In particular I have found the guides put together by @Tidgney @Mistah_MCA and @pantherjag to be extraordinarily helpful because they go beyond just a "brake here, turn-in there" guide.

Most of all, I want to thank the drivers I regularly drive with who have been great role models from a skill and etiquette perspective. People like @Redneckchef @05XR8 @pennanton @manion @RX8 Racer @ShiftingGears @SmellMyCheese @Raptor013 (sorry to those I can't find a username for or have forgotten). All of whom are much better drivers than me, but have always been gracious in assisting and encouraging the dunce at the back of the field.

This is a great place filled with kind, helpful, wildly skilled racers. I look forward to relating my inevitable rapid tumble back down through the ratings over the coming days and weeks.

:cheers::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Last edited:
What are the likely META cars for Race B and Race C this week? (In other words, which cars am I likely to NOT use for the race... ;) )

The 4C was good in my first race. It was an A+ room. Went from near last to 12th? Super quick in the corners.

Next was the DBR. Fast, but not that glued in cornering. Started 4th or 5th and finished behind a winning gtp member(started from pole) in an M6. About 1.6s behind.

Race C. Please don't use an FF. They slowing me up in the corners.

First let me apologise for what will probably be a long post. Having now achieved A+ (however briefly, and however luckily) I wanted to make a point of thanking the great people on this forum.

A bit under a year ago I first posted here after having lurked for several months looking for any tips or hints. I had been aware of this forum many years ago but rediscovered it shortly after getting into Sport Mode. It took me some time to post because as a low C rated player I felt I had very little to offer to the experts here. By the time I reached low A I felt that I could at least engage with the conversations in a meaningful way, even though I wasn't (and am not) remotely an expert.

Since I started posting I have found the community here to be incredibly generous, very knowledgeable and highly entertaining. The contribution you have all made to the quality of my driving and the enjoyment I get from it has been immeasurable. In particular I have found the guides put together by @Tidgney @Mistah_MCA and @pantherjag to be extraordinarily helpful because they go beyond just a "brake here, turn-in there" guide.

Most of all, I want to thank the drivers I regularly drive with who have been great role models from a skill and etiquette perspective. People like @Redneckchef @05XR8 @pennanton @manion @RX8 Racer @ShiftingGears @SmellMyCheese @Raptor013 (sorry to those I can't find a username for or have forgotten). All of whom are much better drivers than me, but have always been gracious in assisting and encouraging the dunce at the back of the field.

This is a great place filled with kind, helpful, wildly skilled racers. I look forward to relating my inevitable rapid tumble back down through the ratings over the coming days and weeks.

:cheers::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:
This is the reason I still hang around here. Getting to meet good people out on track and all the interesting things you can hear and learn. Sometimes warnings of what to beware of as well.

I wouldn't claim you're slower than me. I think I might set faster flying laps, but that's not half the job. Your racecraft is fantastic and always glad to see you on track.

In other news I took the Vette out to see how that tank got around race B. Not too bad, but definitely takes some hustling to make it go. Will have to see what other cars I can handle there. Racing is a bit rough, but saw some good clean battles out there, as well as @05XR8 hustling his 4C. Fun track to learn, but some very odd frustrating corners to figure out.

This is the reason I still hang around here. Getting to meet good people out on track and all the interesting things you can hear and learn. Sometimes warnings of what to beware of as well.

I wouldn't claim you're slower than me. I think I might set faster flying laps, but that's not half the job. Your racecraft is fantastic and always glad to see you on track.

In other news I took the Vette out to see how that tank got around race B. Not too bad, but definitely takes some hustling to make it go. Will have to see what other cars I can handle there. Racing is a bit rough, but saw some good clean battles out there, as well as @05XR8 hustling his 4C. Fun track to learn, but some very odd frustrating corners to figure out.
Didn't even know that was you, until I was leaving the room. 😆 Said to myself, "oh shoot".
Race C. Hmmmm... Used the 4C, 86 and lastly, the Slophy. There is an eSports player using the Scirocco and making it to the end, still passing other players. He's starting near the front and still competitive to the end. I figured there'd be some that can make an FF work.
The RCZ users have been slipping down the order. I was being kind stuck behind while a couple cars passed me and then the RCZ. It magically gives way for those cars. Maybe I should be more forceful.

Anyway, some players are using the Mustang, but it looks to be struggling, despite being atop the leaderboards.
458s and Vipers are looking good. Seeing a few of each, together, in my races. Oh, Citroen was good, but when I was in the 4C, last two laps I was reeling it in nearly 1 second a lap.
No shenanigans by anyone, but those FFs are killing me with being so slow in the corners.

Been going alphabetically in Race B, I'll do the Vantage, R8 and M6 tomorrow. Nice quick races. Good stuff.

Tried race B and hated it. Not a bad combo, but far too short.
Race C was OK, but won't be by the end of the week IMO, started 13th in the 86 and just bimbled round trying to keep my tyres, got passed by a couple and some went off leaving me in 11th at the end of 3 when the pitting started. Lap 6 in 3rd having passed no one on the track not even an idiot going off all pitters. Get passed by 2 pitters (presuming, but going too fast to be last to first and not passed before) on 6 but second bins it on first corner at start of 7. Sort of keeping place with 3rd and 5th is a fairly steady 5-6 secs behind even though he pitted. 3rd catches 2nd, but it's a TT who didn't pit, I get passed him too as does the guy behind me. So finished 3rd from 13th and managed 2 overtakes in the whole race. With the pens as is I can see this being split between the no stopped and the pitters barging their way through, starting in say 8th and driving THROUGH traffic to pit could be a very effective strategy.
Managed to crawl back to B/S and it's been harder than usual with these pens and not having a clue when you get an SR down. Also at 25K for the first time ever....maybe I could make it to A, although I know I'm not at that level I'm actually thinking I could be one day and a couple of months ago I couldn't see that. Wait am I getting better or are the better guys leaving?

Next was the DBR. Fast, but not that glued in cornering. Started 4th or 5th and finished behind a winning gtp member(started from pole) in an M6. About 1.6s behind.
And that is me who's in the BMW M6 GT3. Not gonna lie you kept me in check which made me pushed the M6 to its limits.

I honestly thought the M6 GT3 seemed to be the go to car as the car is stable enough for a track like Sainte Croix B and it's quick enough too.

But in any case going to report my Daily Race B excursions (only did 2 because I did the qualifying time trial in order to ensure a good starting position).

First session - Used this opportunity as a get used to the track and the M6 GT3 as I barely used the car but I was confident that this should be the right car for the track. Started P7 and was able to finish at least P5 which was alright with me.

Second and last session (featuring the aforementioned user) - Started pole position and things got messy on the esses before the bridge as shown in this replay and that allowed the DBR9 user to gain two positions and kept P2 all the way to the finish.

The race from there was just all about keeping the pace up as mentioned, he kept me in check where a single mistake he can strike and take P1 away from me so I was focused on keeping the pace up. Luckily nothing bad happened and managed to get the win afterwards. Here's a vid of the race.

What's with the blue check mark next to your name?
Ermmm I actually don't know to be honest! I've only just noticed it now you've mentioned it. Assume it's like Twitter so you know it's me? Not actually sure :embarrassed:!
Does nobody read our site updates, even when they're tagged in them?
Verified Users ✅

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.47.50 PM.png

As GTPlanet’s community has grown, we have attracted many high-profile users from the world of sim-racing.

Racing drivers, game developers, esports stars, accessory manufacturer representatives, and notable influencers regularly post in our forums, and now it will be easier to find them thanks to “verified” account badges on their posts and profiles.

Some of our verified accounts include:

• Thomas Jackermeier (@Fanatec...) - Fanatec / Endor AG CEO
  • Dom B. (@DomB_Fanatec) - Fanatec Community Manager
  • Ian Bell (@IanBell) - Founder of Slightly Mad Studios / Project CARS
  • Jimmy Broadbent (@Jimmy B) - YouTuber / FIA GTC Commentator
  • Steve Brown (@F4H Super GT) - YouTuber
  • Tom Brooks (@Tom) - Polyphony Digital Voiceover Artist / FIA GTC Commentator
  • Lewis Bentley (@mclarenLB) - IGTL Project Lead / FIA GTC Finalist
  • Martin Grady (@Tidgney) - YouTuber / FIA GTC and GT Academy Finalist
  • Nick McMillen (@GumballCGT) - GT Academy Champion
  • Igor Fraga (@Igor Fraga) - FIA GTC Champion
  • Mikail Hizal (@TRL LIGHTNING) - FIA GTC Champion

...and many more!

If you are notable in the sim-racing community at large or if you represent a company in the industry you may submit a request for verification.

Latest Posts

Back