"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I have zero conflicts about the issue. Undercutting is part of the strategy. It’s not like you’re getting lapped or anything which is a completely different story
They are not undercutting though, the gast drivers are starting on mediums, do their 4 laps and put, stock strategy. They come out and mid field is on softs trundling around on cooked tyres.

Tis tricky.

If you did your research you could have picked one of the slower TPC drivers like me and felt pretty good about yourself. But you chose Pigems. :lol:
I must’ve been running my mouth a bit too much. He actually “challenged “ me to a 1v1 ( couldn’t think of a better word) I was new, ignorant,ill informed and intoxicated with some liquid courage. I had no idea who or what TPC was at the time. If I had I wouldn’t have had any bussiness trying to race Any TPC member or anyone from Gt Planet. Booze has contributed to a few good hard to remember outcomes. And more hard to forget “experiences “🤐
I’ll take a bruised ego over 300+ # Rhonda. This Rhonda did not have a motor in the back of her Honda.

650S doesn't feel this quick. Feels heavy.
IMG_20210801_090104.jpg

Edit: Well, we can put everything else to bed. The Slophy was too easy. It'll be a One Make.... and I'm okay with that
IMG_20210801_092512.jpg

Last edited:
They are not undercutting though, the gast drivers are starting on mediums, do their 4 laps and put, stock strategy. They come out and mid field is on softs trundling around on cooked tyres.

Tis tricky.

Unless it’s a long race where it’s beneficial for you to let him by be it fuel saving or whatever….you’re fine IMO. You’re on the lead lap. Your entitled to defend your position cleanly. For all you know, they could make a mistake trying to cleanly pass you…and put themselves off.

To me it was clear as day he was intent on making that pass one way or another on top of the mountain

650S doesn't feel this quick. Feels heavy.
View attachment 1070966

Edit: Well, we can put everything else to bed. The Slophy was too easy. It'll be a One Make.... and I'm okay with that
View attachment 1070974
This is why I'm not a fan of Gr4. It's boring to me to do these FF one makes. But I'll mess around this week because I love the track. I think I'll try a bunch of cars I've never raced with before like the 4C and 650S.

Managed a pass around the outside of the Chase tonight... it'll be a while before I complete another move like that.

This is why I'm not a fan of Gr4. It's boring to me to do these FF one makes. But I'll mess around this week because I love the track. I think I'll try a bunch of cars I've never raced with before like the 4C and 650S.
Yeah Suzuka is super great, I would race Ford Ka's there. If I'm stuck running an Audi TT or Slophy to be competitive, so be it.

Last edited:
Ha!! That is ballsy. I managed one on thr outside of Griffiths which I was super proud of. IRL that move usually ends up with a car in the wall, seen it a million times.

Managed a pass around the outside of the Chase tonight... it'll be a while before I complete another move like that.

Yeah Suzuka is super great, I would race Ford Ka's there. If I'm stuck running an Audi TT or Slophy to be competitive, so be it.
Yeah, it's just me. By the time the fast players qualify, could be a totally different META. We'll see.

Ran some hot laps at Bathurst this morning and managed a 2.00.015 in the Corvette, a 2.00.023 in the Beetle and a 2.00.047 in the Supra with an optimal 59.3 in the Vette just couldn't put the lap together.

Did a few races qualifying 3rd twice and 4th once and 2nd in the last one. Ran the Aston in one race and had a lonely old race in 4th as I started on the mediums and did 5 laps then finished on the soft but stuffed up the first lap out of the pits and missed out on catching the car in front. Tried the Mazda vision next and that thing is horrible coming downhill started 3rd finished 8th and then the WRX which was going really well and challenging the first 2 cars after starting on softs until I caught the kerb on the exit of mcphillamy park and binned it went an extra lap to try and pull some speed with the worn soft but still finished 5th.

The last race was the most fun decided to run the Corvette. Started 2nd on mediums behind another Corvette on softs and was keeping pace to the top of the mountain when for the second race in a row I end up facing the wrong way at mcphillamy courtesy of the outside kerb. End up on 14th behind an A+ Japanese driver coming from the back in an M3. I let him make room for me through some cars before we both pit for softs on lap 3. Come out of the pits in clean air and get to work as cars pit I end up 7th behind the A+ driver and another guy that I had been quicker than in previous races in slower cars than the Vette in a supra and a gtr that had pitted for mediums.

Lap 8 the gtr gets a .5 penalty and I get past and in the slipstream of the 2 in front, the Supra makes a mistake at hell corner and by the top of the straight I'm clear to take the racing line. Catch the M3 across the top of the mountain and he clearly has less of his soft tyres left than I do and makes a mistake at the elbow allowing me to blow by down into the chase and end up back on the podium after spinning lap 1.

I hope so. Could a higher wear rate have fixed this issue? I'm guessing not or they would have done it.
I just did a fairly lengthy test session in an online lobby... in the TT I started losing time from tire wear around lap 6, M4 on lap 7, Cayman and Slophy lap 8, but the Slophy was a bit faster than any of them to begin with.

And the aforementioned pass now that YouTube has deigned to finish processing:

About to go in for my last Bathurst race of the week. I’m starting on 49,632 DR. Have generally been finishing top 6 and gaining 4-800 DR per race. Could this be the one that takes me over the top and into A+???

Edit: Nope, p9 for a gain of 8DR.

Last edited:
One more Race B. Trying the RC F(due to the RC350 winning this afternoon's 5H at Autopolis). Then, Race C(might use the Erebus SLS) and done with this week. Overall, been a good week.

So I'm matching with people I'm competitive with and better than me, which is good. I get a DC which must have impacted my SR so then it decides to match me in a lobby with me on pole and 2nd over 2 seconds slower. I really wish PD wouldn't waste my time like this.

NurbGP was good. RC F is pretty fast. 5th to 4th and back to 5th, after a 1second penalty, avoiding an Atenza that went to hot into the chicane.

19/19 and then 18/18 at Bathurst. Whole race was fine. Had a battle with a Vantage. SLS obliterated the Supra up Mountain Straight. I mean, I was out of the slip and the Supra had a .5 lead out of T1. It's like V-Tec kicked in and I just took off(video loading). Amazed me with that one.

Anyway, Lap 8, a struggling C7 that I think started in the top 5, was down in 12th. I caught up and the Vantage was behind me after it served a penalty.
The C7 places itself in the middle of the road. I've got the slipstream and decide to go right. He shifts right. I slide left, dude runs me on the grass.
Vantage gets the run and passes me. So, I'll see how this shapes for the last lap. Conrod again and the C7 was horrible on its tyres. Vantage goes right, left and right again. C7 runs him on the grass. I bump draft the C7 and into the Chase... oops. Bye-bye.
I signal for the recovering Vantage to pass me on my left. An RCZ that had let us through earlier, went by as well. Me and the Vantage thanked each other for a clean race.

On to next week's races.

Last edited:
NurbGP was good. RC F is pretty fast. 5th to 4th and back to 5th, after a 1second penalty, avoiding an Atenza that went to hot into the chicane.

19/19 and then 18/18 at Bathurst. Whole race was fine. Had a battle with a Vantage. SLS obliterated the Supra up Mountain Straight. I mean, I was out of the slip and the Supra had a .5 lead out of T1. It's like V-Tec kicked in and I just took off(video loading). Amazed me with that one.
Anyway, Lap 8, a struggling C7 that I think started in the top 5, was down in 12th. I caught up and the Vantage was behind me after it served a penalty.
The C7 places itself in the middle of the road. I've got the slipstream and decide to go right. He shifts right. I slide left, dude runs me on the grass.
Vantage gets the run and passes me. So, I'll see how this shapes for the last lap. Conrod again and the C7 was horrible on its tyres. Vantage goes right, left and right again. C7 runs him on the grass. I bump draft the C7 and into the Chase... oops. Bye-bye.
I signal for the recovering Vantage to pass me on my left. An RCZ that had let us through earlier, went by as well. Me and the Vantage thanked each other for a clean race.

On to next week's races.
The regular Nurburgring is giving me nightmares in Gran Turismo Sport, I can't seem to get a time less than 7min,35 seconds. The Circuit Experience is hard in some areas(gold times). I really need help/tips asap. Let me know if you get my message.

I love Suzuka and it should be drive in FR cars so I don't care where I come I'll be using something like the Aston, Jag or Mustang.
FF cars suck and not ever driving a French POC again.

The regular Nurburgring is giving me nightmares in Gran Turismo Sport, I can't seem to get a time less than 7min,35 seconds. The Circuit Experience is hard in some areas(gold times). I really need help/tips asap. Let me know if you get my message.
There was a forum topic a week or 2 ago where we were talking about the circuit experience

Last edited:
I love Suzuka and it should be drive in FR cars so I don't care where I come I'll be using something like the Aston, Jag or Mustang.
FF cars suck and not ever driving a French POC again.
My favorite car brands are Aston, Ferrari, McLaren, Lambrogini, and Toyota.

There was a forum topic a week or 2 ago where we were talking about the circuit experience

Well do the game developers come talk/post here as well or just the Gran Turismo players? Thanks for posting that link, I just registered here this morning, I'm so glad I found this.

I don't see a message, but practice is what it'll take. It ain't easy. The M6 is a handful on flat surfaces and running it on the green hell, is a cruel joke by PD.

Not sure if anyone have done a track guide for the Nordschlefe, but maybe watch the Circuit Experience video, to see how you compare.

For some reason I can't get the hang of them in this game (previous GT games no problem) so NO JUST FR;)
The Suzuka circuit is fairly easy but if you have a high-powered car it makes it more difficult. What are the benefits of Sport Mode, I am online.

Back