"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Daily Race “A”

1st Race
Started 7th; finished 11th. At the start, the person in front of me didn’t move. So I slammed into the back of him. That make me pretty much come to a dead stop and I got passed by everyone else. But I hit him so hard, he jumped ahead a couple places, then took off. I then ran wide at turn 1 and got reset onto the track; just in time to see all the other cars making their way around turn 3. I didn’t finished last thanks to someone running wide on turn 1 on the final lap, but it may as well have been. I could hardly believe it, though. Who the hell just sits there when the counter reaches “0” and the race begins?

2nd Race
Started 7th; finished 5th. Turn 1…..chaos (as I suspected). Turn 3, even more chaos. I found myself in 1st. Then, I find myself in the middle of dummies wanting to play bumper cars, again. I get knocked off the track, go ghost when I get back on, and am now down in 9th. Sigh…..here we go, again. I drive cleanly the rest of the race. And through mistakes by others, I finish in 5th. I was on 6th on the final lap, but the person in front of me ran wide on the final turn and found themselves out in the sand. I make an easy pass for 5th and bring it home the last few feet. When I was in 7th, the 6th and 5th place cars kept banging on each other all around the track; for multiple laps. That allowed me to get close to them. Coming onto the back straight on lap 5, 6th place ran a bit too wide and I was able to catch and pass them coming out of the final turn. The contested, but I had the speed and they couldn’t do anything about it. They also ran wide on turn 1 of the final lap so they were passed by another driver, as well.

3rd Race
Started 8th; finished 5th. Turn 1, I ran wide because my brake balance got reset (I keep it on -2 for FF cars). My TCS got reset to 3 (I have it on 1). So when I hit the brakes at my normal spot for my speed, I didn’t slow down as much as I normally do and I went right off the track. I got reset in ghost; so I continued on in last place (11th). By the next lap, I was up to 10th thanks to someone disconnecting. They ran wide at turn 1 on lap 2, so I don’t know if it was a rage quit or an actual disconnection. Whatever, I was up in 10th but still in last place, lol. On the next lap, a couple more ran wide and I moved up to my original starting position. On the next lap, the 2 ahead of me were battling and that allowed me to get closer and closer with each successive turn. They finally hit hard enough to slow each other down enough to where I could pass 1 of them. The following lap, the other 1 ran off at turn 1 and I went into 6th. At turn 3, another 1 ran wide and I went into 5th. I stayed there until the end. I was almost passed on the final turn of the final lap, but I held enough speed to make it across the line less than a 10th ahead of him.

Saturday's are always a special event. GT Sport should be in the MOBA category. I have also never seen this many quitters before. One race only 4 bothered to finish. The rest all quit after failing to ram to the front.

My DR is going back up after the reset, yet my SR is going nowhere in this ultra hostile environment. PD did change something against punting, as often the car trying to punt just slows down leaving the car in front mostly unaffected. Action != Reaction. It would be better if they would ghost through into the sand, since now they simply keep pushing on...

Yesterday, I finally won the Daily Race C. I started second, and I was fighting for the first position for the first 2 laps, despite making some mistakes, I managed to keep up the pace. At the start of the third lap, my opponent spun on the Ford Chicanes and I took first place. Over time, he started to get closer, but every time he reached the 8-second gap, he would crash, spin or receive a penalty. For the rest of the race, he never managed to catch up with me, which led to me finally winning the race 20 seconds ahead. Also I got the fastest lap.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/es/gtsport/user/replay/1224550/4620693287006634512

Last edited:
Daily Race “B”

1st Race
Started 8th; finished 8th. At the turn at the top of the hill, I get put into the barrier that’s on the inside of the turn. So I’m at a dead stop, ghosted, and everyone is passing me. Through others’ misfortunes, I wind up back in 8th on lap 3. On lap 4, coming into the turn at the end of the downhill esses, I get passed on the inside (I ran a tiny bit too wide). But coming through the chicane, he comes out squirrely and hits the wall on the left. I catch him at the bottom of the hill going into the final turn, pass him, and come home in 8th. I don’t know what it is, but I find moving up the boards with “better” drivers (higher DR) doesn’t mean they’re nicer drivers.

2nd Race
Started 7th; finished 12th. On lap 1, I made a HUGE error and wound up off the track. And I took a couple people with me. I couldn’t get the car to go into a lower gear, and it just sat there for a few seconds before it finally reset itself. Other’s messed up or got caught with other drivers and I moved up from 14th to 12th. It was abysmal, to say the least.

3rd Race
Started 8th; finished 7th. I’d moved up to 5th; but on the last lap I grazed the chicane coming out of it and it slowed me down enough to let 2 others pass me. Thankfully it didn’t make me any slower. I could’ve easily been passed by 3 or 4 more if it had. But I’ll take finishing 1 position of where I started rather than 1 position down. This was a much better race (overall). There wasn't TOO much fighting going on, but there was a little. Definitely not like the previous races.

Yeah on steering input: IRL I like to ease in the front end, feel it load up then power on through the apex balancing how much I’m putting on the fronts while pushing the rear through. But the game simply doesn’t allow that. One: the steering input is not modeled accurately to the tire load in that transition and Two: there is a weird interaction between power-on and braking loads where it kind of nullifies the transfer to the front end during braking/throttle transitions or it simply flips the whole car weight in a binary way instead of allowing you to work the front and rear independently.
Hopefully GT7 is vastly improved. I can say ABS weak feels a bit more natural after spending some time with it. My whole thing is ABS default tends to be more carving corners instead of noticable slip angle and trying to get the car to effectively slide through rotation is negated.

Daily Race “B”

1st Race
Started 5th; finished 9th. And I have nobody to blame on that one except myself. I’d made it up to 4th and was pushing hard on 3rd. He’d had a couple issues coming out of corners and I was trying to time it just right to make a pass. I was right on him. Going into the uphill chicane, he braked way early and I went by him with ease. I made the left, made the right, but I pushed too hard coming out of it (hit the throttle a bit too early). I ran wide, spun, and wound up with my nose on the wall. And that was that. Dang! I was having a good race, too. NO issues at the OTHER chicane, getting good clean exits from sharp turns, no sudden direction changes or having to over correct for oversteer. I was moving up for a podium finish…..and then I decided to be a bit too aggressive. Oh well, it happens…..more than I’d like to admit, lol. Still, it was a fun race.

2nd Race
Started 7th; finished 7th. I’d made it up to 4th briefly, then down to 5th. I stayed there for a bit and was doing well. Then on lap 3 I turned in too early at the chicane. I grazed the left wall, and then centered the right wall. Thankfully, I didn’t come to a complete stop. It threw me back out onto the racing line. I went to low gear, got going, and continued on. I only lost 2 spots, thankfully; so I finished where I started. For a couple laps, there was some good racing going on between me and 2 other drivers. We’d swap places going into and coming out of corners. Nothing bad or idiotic happened between us; just some good racing.

3rd Race
Started 3rd; finished 3rd. On lap 2, I got passed going into the turn at the bottom of the hill from the esses. The guy in the Corvette was driving a hell of a good race. It was a clean pass, so no complaints from me. I stayed with him, though. And he stayed with the 2nd place car. The car behind me would occasionally catch up to us, but then lose ground in the esses. Ono the final lap, the driver in 1st clipped the wall coming out of the chicane. He slowed down enough for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (me) to pass him in the tunnel. We were neck and neck going into the final turn. But I braked later, held the inside line, and hit the throttle a tiny bit earlier than normal. I moved towards the outside to defend, and kept the position to come him in 3rd. Overall, a good race with hardly any banging or bashing. Which is the kind of race I like.

Overall, all 3 races were pretty good. My mistakes cost me, as they always do. But it's things maybe I can learn from and do better in the future.

Daily Race “A”

1st Race
Started 5th; finished 5th. It could’ve been a LOT worse. Coming out of turn 1, I got up into 4th thanks to others being pushy and 1 person divebombing (I barely got missed on that one, happened right in front of me). At turn 3, somebody else did a divebomb and I got caught up in it. I didn’t get the worst of it, though. The divebomber and someone else went WAY off the track and got passed by everyone else (I think). I managed to only lose 4 spots…..so down to 8th. I hung out there for a bit, until a couple other drivers made some crucial errors and everyone behind them capitalized. I moved up 2 spots thanks to some shenanigans going on at turn 1 on lap 2. But that’s when I did something dumb. I got a penalty for cutting the corner at turn 3. And by cutting, I mean I BARELY cut it. I think my outside tires were just on the limit of what would trigger the penalty. That cost me 3 spots…..down to 9th. But, again, thanks to others either not paying attention or just trying to be way too aggressive, I moved back up to 5th; then down to 6th; then back up to 5th; then back down to 6th; then back up to 5th. Me and another driver had a little back-and-forth action going on for about half a lap, lol. It was some good racing. But on the last lap he ran a bit too wide coming out of turn 5 going into the hairpin (turn 6). I managed to pass him there and keep the position to finish in 5th. If I hadn’t gotten the penalty, I feel like I could’ve finished in the top 3 and had a podium spot. I was doing really well up to that point and gaining a little bit of ground on those ahead. On turns 4 and 5 is where I usually make up a lot of ground. Coming out of turn 3, I stay in 3rd gear going through 4 and 5 until I brake for turn 6. I just use the throttle to slow down and help me make those 2 left turns. A lot of people try to be too aggressive and they’ll run wide at turn 5 and then almost always either come back across the track and wind up in the grass on the other side; or they’ll save it, but be going too fast to make the hairpin at turn 6 and go wide there. Also, I tend to take 8 and 9 pretty tight to the inside and get on the throttle a bit earlier than those who run wider. That way, I can usually either pull ahead of someone or catch up to them through 10 and then attempt a pass at 11. I usually take the inside line at 11, too.

2nd Race
Started 10th; finished 5th. I made it up to 6th coming out of turn 1 thanks to everyone bunching up and banging doors. A few cars braked way early and I managed to hit someone in the rear. That, in turn, pushed them into someone else. But that was happening a lot through that whole turn and onto that short straight. I then got up to 4th thanks to a couple of drivers having it out in front of me and causing each other issues. I was behind 3rd when he ran a bit wide at turn 1 on lap 5. I made the pass, and was in 3rd until turn 1 of the final lap. He had the slipstream on me and made the pass just before the braking zone. He had the inside line and a good run. I didn’t want to turn into him, so I lifted ever so slightly and let him go. I didn’t know it, but 5th also had the slipstream and he managed to pass me going into turn 3. He was a bit aggressive, but nothing severe. He didn’t knock me off the track, but he did cause me to run wider than I would’ve liked. But, I stayed on the track and wasn’t threatened by any other drivers so it’s all good. We 3 stayed together through the rest of the lap to the end. The 4th place car WAS being a bit aggressive on 3rd place going into and coming out of turn 11. He started turning into him to try and slow him down so he could make the pass before the finish line. I guess he just really wanted that podium spot. But the driver in 3rd held his ground and didn’t let him by.

3rd Race
Started 8th; finished 10th. I made it up to 6th, but then made a stupid mistake on the final turn of the last lap. I was in the slipstream, and then pulled out to make the pass at the braking zone. But I didn’t account for my extra speed. So I overshot the turn, wound up in the gravel, and lost several positions. Dumb mistake on my part, and I paid for it. Good racing all around, though. No other complaints.

I really liked the combos of cars and tracks for this week. I didn't run any on DR "C". I don't do too well with super high speed cars against real drivers. AI? Sure, no problem. But real drivers? I'd get smoked. So I just save myself the trouble and embarrassment. I know it's how you get better. But I know I wouldn't have a good time, so I just didn't even try. I set a qualifying time, but it was WAY off vs anyone in the same [bracket] as me.

Last edited:
I fail to understand how someone hitting me or forcing me off track hurts my SR. Solid 99 until Dragon trail and I dipped into the 80's. Got bumped to A SR for someone hitting the wall in the cod and I hit them...

My lobbies were downgraded to a few A racers then some dude said he reported me for staying in my line at t1 as he tried to muscle through on the inside. Um... I was in front. The apex was mine! Oh well... I'm back up to 90 and S for now.

Man I'm having a hard time adjusting to a wheel. You need bigger motions, more precise inputs and there's less tolerance to spinning out. But man is it way more fun than a controller.

Spent most of my time in Race C with middling to bad results honestly, but I'm slowly getting better and more consistent. I trashed my DR on the way but luckily I don't care too much about that rating.

Some gripes though -- the car to have in race C is the R92CP, which I cannot obtain due to limited funds. Money is way too sparse in this game and the lack of duplicate protection on daily car reward means you're unlikely to find it from there. I don't have the patience to grind the AI for honestly poor payouts for the time spent. So that said, the 908 Peugeot I've been using simply cannot compete on the straights. I lose as much as a second or two down Mulsanne and that's really frustrating to see when you know you took a much better line than the guy in front but he pulls out just because of the car.

Additionally, I don't think I like this new penalty system. It being less strict is awesome, don't get me wrong, but punters are all over the place now. No one is being careful around each other and braking into a chicane is now a gamble of whether the guy behind brakes at the same time or not.

Ok, I'm ready for the next set of races.

I fail to understand how someone hitting me or forcing me off track hurts my SR. Solid 99 until Dragon trail and I dipped into the 80's. Got bumped to A SR for someone hitting the wall in the cod and I hit them...

My lobbies were downgraded to a few A racers then some dude said he reported me for staying in my line at t1 as he tried to muscle through on the inside. Um... I was in front. The apex was mine! Oh well... I'm back up to 90 and S for now.
LOL. He reported you for that? How childish.

"Waaaaah! He was driving where I wanted to be and wouldn't let me be there."

Does he seriously think anything will come of it? Sure he can send the replay video to Polyphony/Sony. And, sure, they might look at it. But what does he expect them to do after the fact? If the video shows you in front, and him trying to force his way in, then all he'll do is prove YOUR point.

Idiot

Man I'm having a hard time adjusting to a wheel. You need bigger motions, more precise inputs and there's less tolerance to spinning out. But man is it way more fun than a controller.

Spent most of my time in Race C with middling to bad results honestly, but I'm slowly getting better and more consistent. I trashed my DR on the way but luckily I don't care too much about that rating.

Some gripes though -- the car to have in race C is the R92CP, which I cannot obtain due to limited funds. Money is way too sparse in this game and the lack of duplicate protection on daily car reward means you're unlikely to find it from there. I don't have the patience to grind the AI for honestly poor payouts for the time spent. So that said, the 908 Peugeot I've been using simply cannot compete on the straights. I lose as much as a second or two down Mulsanne and that's really frustrating to see when you know you took a much better line than the guy in front but he pulls out just because of the car.

Additionally, I don't think I like this new penalty system. It being less strict is awesome, don't get me wrong, but punters are all over the place now. No one is being careful around each other and braking into a chicane is now a gamble of whether the guy behind brakes at the same time or not.

Ok, I'm ready for the next set of races.
Campaign > GT League > Professional League > Premium Sports Lounge > Race 1

Use the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS. For winning, you'll get almost 300k Cr. Do it 5 times and you'll have plenty of Cr to buy the R92CP.

LOL. He reported you for that? How childish.

"Waaaaah! He was driving where I wanted to be and wouldn't let me be there."

Does he seriously think anything will come of it? Sure he can send the replay video to Polyphony/Sony. And, sure, they might look at it. But what does he expect them to do after the fact? If the video shows you in front, and him trying to force his way in, then all he'll do is prove YOUR point.

Idiot
Right? I was a bit slow out of the last turn so he caught me at the curve. I saw it coming and smoothly took the center to defend. Braking normal and just holding my line. I saw him on radar but never on the screen so I stayed with it. He probably thought I was trying to run him off but T1 isn't two wide unless your stupid. If he was on screen I would have made room.

I'm strong through the first sector and by the end of lap 3 I had an almost 5 second gap in P1. When I saw him typing I thought he was going to say good race instead of calling me a coward and to try legit racing! Lol. I should have saved the reply but didn't...

I was looking forward to Dragon trail because I know it well but it's been a **** show for me all week. Now I have to learn Fuji and a car to use.

Right? I was a bit slow out of the last turn so he caught me at the curve. I saw it coming and smoothly took the center to defend. Braking normal and just holding my line. I saw him on radar but never on the screen so I stayed with it. He probably thought I was trying to run him off but T1 isn't two wide unless your stupid. If he was on screen I would have made room.

I'm strong through the first sector and by the end of lap 3 I had an almost 5 second gap in P1. When I saw him typing I thought he was going to say good race instead of calling me a coward and to try legit racing! Lol. I should have saved the reply but didn't...

I was looking forward to Dragon trail because I know it well but it's been a **** show for me all week. Now I have to learn Fuji and a car to use.
I'm watching Kie do some laps at Fuji. He and Fire have been doing quite a few laps together. Kie is in the Beetle, and he's doing really well with it. He says it corners really well, is pretty good on tires, and you can brake way later than in other cars. He was keeping up with Fire, who was in the Viper. The Viper is stronger down the straight, but the Beetle is way better in turns. He also tried the Vette, the RCZ, and one other car (can't remember what is was).

I ran the Beetle for the current DR "B" and did decent with it. I like the way it handles, brakes, and it doesn't tend to oversteer as much when coming hard out of turns.

I'm watching Kie do some laps at Fuji. He and Fire have been doing quite a few laps together. Kie is in the Beetle, and he's doing really well with it. He says it corners really well, is pretty good on tires, and you can brake way later than in other cars. He was keeping up with Fire, who was in the Viper. The Viper is stronger down the straight, but the Beetle is way better in turns. He also tried the Vette, the RCZ, and one other car (can't remember what is was).

I ran the Beetle for the current DR "B" and did decent with it. I like the way it handles, brakes, and it doesn't tend to oversteer as much when coming hard out of turns.
Cool, thanks. Ran a couple slow laps in the RCZ to start memorizing it. Tail is a little happy getting out of the brakes but we'll see. I haven't driven the Beetle yet. It kind of bugs me. Ha! Get it?

Managed to get back in good A and A+ lobbies with 2 clean races and two podiums. SR up to 96. No way I was catching 1.36 laps so I'm happy with a P3 and my slow 1.37.4 race lap.

I think I'll call this week quits. Glad I got 2 P1's and a P3 against stronger racers.

Campaign > GT League > Professional League > Premium Sports Lounge > Race 1

Use the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS. For winning, you'll get almost 300k Cr. Do it 5 times and you'll have plenty of Cr to buy the R92CP.
Oh yeah, I know of it. It's just very boring and I don't feel like I'm "playing the game", know what mean?

Guess I don't have a choice though if I want the R92... >_>

From all I've ever heard, nobody gets a slap on the wrist from Sony unless you use some salty language (typing in order to avoid getting auto-censored) or using racial slurs. If I ever hear of someone getting punished by Sony for driving (or sniping in an FPS), I'd eat my hat.

Something is broken, or am i just getting the lobbies without to many dirty drivers, and did they remove the penalty system?

A race like this would usually be a "i am sorry" bump party.. but look, it was one those special cases where we raced..

Are you serious? YOU are the dirty driver. What you did at 6:08 was shameful. Not only did you turn into him, but you slammed him into the wall and took him out of the race. What a joke.

9/26/2021 (forgot to click Post reply)
Just did a couple "A" races. First race was a bit of a bumper-fest going into turn 1 and then again at turn 3. I started 4th and finished 5th. At the start, I guess I hit my gear up button before the countdown started, because I was in 2nd gear when the countdown went to "START". I lost a couple positions due to that, but made them up coming out of turn 1. I got pushed around a bit in turn 3, lost a few spots, but made them up due to more pushing and shoving going on between other drivers.

The 2nd race, I started 4th, again, and finished 3rd. I also got a clean race award. It was an all around good race with no banging or bashing going on; just good, clean racing.

For today's races, I switched from the Megane to the Scirocco. I actually drive it better than the Megane. It's a bit more direct when you turn in. And the brakes are a tiny bit better. At the start, the Megane is better on launch. But once you get going, it seems like the Scirocco is just a little bit quicker around turns; especially the tighter ones.

Good job that the reporting does nothing. I hoped it made him feel better though.
Are you serious? YOU are the dirty driver. What you did at 6:08 was shameful. Not only did you turn into him, but you slammed him into the wall and took him out of the race. What a joke.
Uh, he didn't do anything dirty. He ran slightly wide the corner before which meant he would run wide at the next apex. The Brit tried it around the outside when the space was always going to run out. They should have gone under them or used their better momentum on the next straight. Clumsy from them, yes. Dirty, no. We've all been there.

I think Race A looks like a lot of fun, too, but my house’s floors are getting redone so I’ll be staying in a hotel until Saturday. I might be able to try setting a good time between that day and Sunday, and if I end up getting in the top 500 for my region again, then I might actually race.

Oh yeah, I know of it. It's just very boring and I don't feel like I'm "playing the game", know what mean?

Guess I don't have a choice though if I want the R92... >_>
I have always hated the credit system, we should have all the cars from the get-go, it's asinine, i am not a child. Are we racing or are we gamers?

I have always hated the credit system, we should have all the cars from the get-go, it's asinine, i am not a child. Are we racing or are we gamers?
I like it for the most part. If you play the game for a good couple months or a year, you should be able to get most of the Gr3/4/1 cars. It's just a shame that cars like the 330P4, MKIV GT and like the Vulcan are so damn expensive. I've played this game for about 2 years now and I've made around 50 million credits total. That means if I saved everything up, I could've bought 2 20 million cars. It's absolutely outragious if you ask me. Max price should be maybe 5 million. Hope they change this for GT7

I don't know if I'll do many of the daily races this week.....if any. I just did some laps at each track with the appropriate car(s)/truck. Good lord the Tundra ***** slow. Like, it takes a couple seconds for it to actually change gears, slow. And that uphill section? I was ready to each lunch for how long it took to get up the hill.

Every car I tried at Suzuka was all over the place. I couldn't put in a consistent 2 laps to save my life. My best lap was a 0:53.334.....4 seconds off the pace. That was in an NSX; a car I like and can usually drive pretty well. I switched to the Lancer, but that thing handles like a boat. NO turn in, NO power oversteer (well, no power at all, really). I even bought and tried the 4C. I couldn't keep the back end from swapping places with the front for more than 1 lap. I tried the Toyota 86; it felt way too slow to me. I may try a couple more to see if I can get a better qualifying time, but it doesn't look hopeful. And who decided it was a good idea to use that time of day? The sun is right in your eyes and it's glaring so bad you can hardly see the track in front of you. Yeah, yeah, I know.....real racing simulator and all that. But come on..... Also, I can foresee many, MANY penalties being dished out for cutting the last turn too soon. People will be turning in way too soon, cutting across that little grass strip, and will be given a penalty. As well, I can foresee many people being ran off the track at any of the turns going through the esses.

And Fuji? I've never really been a big fan of that track, anyway. It always seems very slippery to me. I've never done really well at it at any time.

I'll keep plugging away on Suzuka, but I don't know if I'll do many races this week on any of them. I just wasn't having any fun.

I don't know if I'll do many of the daily races this week.....if any. I just did some laps at each track with the appropriate car(s)/truck. Good lord the Tundra ***** slow. Like, it takes a couple seconds for it to actually change gears, slow. And that uphill section? I was ready to each lunch for how long it took to get up the hill.

Every car I tried at Suzuka was all over the place. I couldn't put in a consistent 2 laps to save my life. My best lap was a 0:53.334.....4 seconds off the pace. That was in an NSX; a car I like and can usually drive pretty well. I switched to the Lancer, but that thing handles like a boat. NO turn in, NO power oversteer (well, no power at all, really). I even bought and tried the 4C. I couldn't keep the back end from swapping places with the front for more than 1 lap. I tried the Toyota 86; it felt way too slow to me. I may try a couple more to see if I can get a better qualifying time, but it doesn't look hopeful. And who decided it was a good idea to use that time of day? The sun is right in your eyes and it's glaring so bad you can hardly see the track in front of you. Yeah, yeah, I know.....real racing simulator and all that. But come on..... Also, I can foresee many, MANY penalties being dished out for cutting the last turn too soon. People will be turning in way too soon, cutting across that little grass strip, and will be given a penalty. As well, I can foresee many people being ran off the track at any of the turns going through the esses.

And Fuji? I've never really been a big fan of that track, anyway. It always seems very slippery to me. I've never done really well at it at any time.

I'll keep plugging away on Suzuka, but I don't know if I'll do many races this week on any of them. I just wasn't having any fun.
Tried the WRX at Suzuka? It might be worth a try - I can't drive the EVO either really, find it's handling to be reminiscent of a brick. The WRX, though, handles really well! You'll need to get on the power really early though, as it's not very fast, but if you can keep momentum up it's pretty reliable. I think I'll be using either the Viper or the Citroen GT if I can't get the WRX on point for this one.

Back