"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Good morning friends,

I managed to get time for an attack from the back on B race Thursday evening. The enemy was numerous, and very fast indeed. In one lobby there were only myself and one other A driver-the rest were A plus rated.
Lots of 29 qualifiers were entering the contest.
I was able to take a fair amount of territory and claim it as my own in the Mustang. I managed a few top tens.
It was fun racing, mostly clean as well minus a couple incidents where RCZ drivers either tried to punt me or have yet to learn you can’t brake that late, especially in the slipstream.
Overall great fun!
I have tried the following cars in qual…Mustang, Vette, Aston, and AMG.
I was unable to get mid 30 in the Aston or AMG. My current time is 30.5 in the Mustang. The Supra is a great choice-FOR MY COMPETITORS LOL.
I love seeing guys using it-often they politely spin aside for no apparent reason!
I managed this podium last night. Of course I only run alt anymore…
BDDC66DB-384A-41C2-B7E0-1C59CFA19003.jpeg

re the two punt attempts…I’m sure a few guys want me dead or alive…Bring it on!

Edit:

This just happened behind me final lap-the brown and gold RCZ was enraged at the Argentine who barged through, and went full temporary insanity with the ram attempt on his Brazilian competitor LOL.
4E2453C7-6C66-48AE-921F-32C0BD331F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a tyre temperature thing in these cars. One minute you’re tootling along all in control and then they hit a certain temperature and you’re 90 degrees to your preferred position. It’s particularly dangerous into Tetre Rouge and with worn tyres through Porsche.
I think this is exactly right. I've had a tank slapper coming off Tetra Rouge, and for sure there have been multiple times that by the time I was thru the Porsche curves, the rears were at the threshold of losing grip, so the rear comes out on you, even if you nailed the entry. There is definitely a transient tire model in the game, that is much more refined than the red outlines on the tire status indicator show... and these cars are very sensitive to the tire temperatures. I suppose with the high downforce and increased tire loads, the 'gain' of the traction coefficient is much steeper than a GT3 car, for example. You really need to avoid and minimize wheel spin... takes immense concentration. It makes for a hella challenge... I have had a blast learning to drive these cars, with that dynamic and the aero effect.
NevilleNobody
I dont get this fear of losing dr, is it an fia thing?
Simple: want to get to A+ someday, can't have Dailies knuckleheads taking cheap shots and causing you to step back every time you make a gain. Or don't want to hesitate to race even if you know you're not prepared, because it can still be fun, but wouldn't do it, if I knew I was guaranteed to lose DR because I hadn't had a chance to practice yet. But yeah, also making sure to be matched with more competitive and fair drivers on the whole, in higher DR lobbies, and the increased FIA points you earn in doing so (with a goal to be Star Player someday) mean you don't want to fritter away DR to things not in your control too.

Last edited:

Simple: want to get to A+ someday, can't have Dailies knuckleheads taking cheap shots and causing you to step back every time you make a gain
This morning for example. Fwiw I don’t care about DR anymore. I really won’t ever again unless they employ a better penalty system.
Anyhow this morning with the crew of “racers” currently on B their dives and little rams work because once you get knocked back a few spots they all drive that way, today.
The other night the players were great, not so, today.
For me, I can only do a race or two at a time like this because I need time to cool off and realize these are just what you get when you race a certain portion of the A crowd on NA.
They are turrible.
It’s so funny how in some afternoon evening lobbies you can be midpack back of pack etc and the racing’s grest but weekends get rough sometimes.
I don’t care about DR but it still frustrates me to no end when these players dive turn on repeatedly to the point of shooting past my inside, striking the car ahead of me, then clogging the track so I can’t get an exit thus leading to more dives from more players behind.
It pisses me off but I’m trying not to retaliate anymore unless a guy does it repeatedly. This means I cannot enter again and again. I need to let a few race slots pass then try again.
You can’t trust dailies at all under this current setup that allows anything so long as no one goes off track.
I’ve never seen clean race bonuses so easy to get as currently.
SR is near impossible to lose right now.
The bottom line is it’s racing. Most players will do anything allowed to try to get ahead in dailies.
Most players won’t even try to be clean in the slightest unless forced by the pen system.
It never ceases to amaze me how peopl behave under strict penalties and heavy tire wear.
Then it becomes so much more a game of skill, and is great fun.
I enjoy online but NOWAY would I use my main under the current rules.

Polyphony Digital and FIA and Sony have missed the boat as far as providing a system in which, at higher levels, cheating is not allowed.
Fine, allow anything at D S C S but as the rank rises there needs to be more consequences for ruining others races otherwise the fast clean players will avoid participating as much OR they will hide under an alias and maybe end up with an overactive temper and revenge strike.
That adds more fuel to the fire of dirty driving in dailies too…
Honestly there’s times I will just lose it despite my best efforts at self control…
However, if I was only allowed on account, and revenge resulted in worse consequences to me than racing right I probably wouldn’t do it.
Right now there are no consequences for anything really.

Edit-retract that. Went to A then B after one quit then entangled in idiocy on c race.
Back to 88 now…
They need to just bring damage. No one ever backs out and it’s so predictable as they bounce each other off…
SMH
54BD1A29-6CDB-4B71-999A-A95C748CC9FB.gif

Last edited:
Well I have nothing good to report about C race on NA server.
Made it to the top split and it began on the straight guy behind starts trying to pit maneuver me , got worse at Porsche when he tried to off me completely…
Got hit several more times-down to A sr again several cars to B sr by the end.
It’s not fun right now, it’s like a first person shooter but with cars instead of guns…
Welcome to top split!
I’m in a bad way right now. I might end up reset I’m so tired of getting hit again and again and again and again every single lap!
It’s getting old,

Last edited:
Race B is for idiots if you are below SR S…..bumper cars and maniacs….i dropped from DR A and SR S to B and B….now i will just hit every idiot the same as they do to me…couldnt care if i drop to E/E
I was not trying to insult you but to point out that I think that if you are going to drive like the other idiots I want to avoid racing with you, I can assure you I do not drive like the best. Drive your best, show them you are better, and do not drop to their mentality of smash racing

Wow u are a smart one, can u do anything else besides insulting me to be stupid without even knowing me ? Whats wrong in your life ?
I don't know you that is correct but when you make statements like those above you need to ask yourself "what's wrong in your life? "

Last edited:
Well I have nothing good to report about C race on NA server.
Made it to the top split and it began on the straight guy behind starts trying to pit maneuver me , got worse at Porsche when he tried to off me completely…
Got hit several more times-down to A sr again several cars to B sr by the end.
It’s not fun right now, it’s like a first person shooter but with cars instead of guns…
Welcome to top split!
I’m in a bad way right now. I might end up reset I’m so tired of getting hit again and again and again and again every single lap!
It’s getting old,
My favourite PC racing game as a kid was called Death Track. It had caltrops you could drop and armored steel bumper spikes and rims with spikes and all that jazz. It even had a mobster approach you before the race to offer you bonus money if you took out a particular driver. Your post reminded me of it and now I wish it would come back.

Last edited:
I had two races at Interlagos last night, one in the Mustang, one in the RX-VISION. Both were fairly strong final results (2nd and 4th) but massive deduction of SR points in the first race. Watch the replay and see if you can spot why I got docked 11 SR in one race...

Also managed to lose a further 5 SR in this race. Feeling the SR hits are a bit unjust, but happy to hear opinions on how I could have avoided it.

Well I planned on spending Sunday smashing some races out in race C but only got as far as turning the PS on and getting to the main menu of gtsport before life got in the way as it does. Oh well on to Bathurst this week will be trying most of the gr3 cars off the back before hotlapping into the weekend

I had two races at Interlagos last night, one in the Mustang, one in the RX-VISION. Both were fairly strong final results (2nd and 4th) but massive deduction of SR points in the first race. Watch the replay and see if you can spot why I got docked 11 SR in one race...
In the first video, all I noticed were track limit violations that did not register as penalties...

While lots of people are aiming for Bathurst I've spent a little time out enjoying the Minis at Brands. Can be a bit of bumper cars at the start, but isnt that always race A?

Good to see @Stephan out there. Although in the first race we had together he lost out when 2 guys decided to use me as a bumper to make it 3 wide through Druids, and he was on the outside. I got bashed all around trying to hold steady and he simply got pushed out.

Seemed cleaner after that, but not real sure as the packs separated quickly in the next races. Due to bad luck we only had 1 solid race between the 2 of us where other factors didnt ruin it. Was quite fun.

I know others might not like it but I really enjoy this combo and usually do well. Currently on a 6 race CRB streak, might finally see if I can get the 15 this time.

Is that on the tight right hander or the sweeping left? Have they stopped giving penalties for track limits now or something??
Well the one when you took ot the cone was definitely one of them.... but im guessing here since the penalty system had gone a little caca lately...

Last edited:
While lots of people are aiming for Bathurst I've spent a little time out enjoying the Minis at Brands. Can be a bit of bumper cars at the start, but isnt that always race A?

Good to see @Stephan out there. Although in the first race we had together he lost out when 2 guys decided to use me as a bumper to make it 3 wide through Druids, and he was on the outside. I got bashed all around trying to hold steady and he simply got pushed out.

Seemed cleaner after that, but not real sure as the packs separated quickly in the next races. Due to bad luck we only had 1 solid race between the 2 of us where other factors didnt ruin it. Was quite fun.

I know others might not like it but I really enjoy this combo and usually do well. Currently on a 6 race CRB streak, might finally see if I can get the 15 this time.
This.

So I had 5 sessions of Daily Race A and in those sessions, 4 of them featured the two of us (one of them sadly I got DC'd) and one of them didn't include him as he informed after the 4th session that he was going to sleep. That session was fun I kept him in check and it was a nice race overall. The fifth session was where things calmed down in terms of the aggression on the grid and was given pole position. Was able to get a win afterwards.

I don't mind the Mini Cooper-Brands Hatch Indy combo but this combo pushed me to practice in using both Minis to get the most out of their capabilities. Here's a vid of my 5th and final session for today.

In the first video, all I noticed were track limit violations that did not register as penalties...
Is that on the tight right hander or the sweeping left? Have they stopped giving penalties for track limits now or something??
Track limits has always been reflected in SR, rather than penalties. It's only certain places you'll get a penalty for exceeding track limits, but you'll lose SR if you exceed track limits anywhere.

SR down and penalties are two different things that only sometimes interact, but they are routinely confused for each other.

Track limits has always been reflected in SR, rather than penalties. It's only certain places you'll get a penalty for exceeding track limits, but you'll lose SR if you exceed track limits anywhere.

SR down and penalties are two different things that only sometimes interact, but they are routinely confused for each other.
I'm a bit confused by this. I've never had this much of an SR down at any stage aside from when the penalty system went mental from side contact and punts. I've had plenty of penalties in the past with track limits, always trying to find the limit, but never had any SR drops as a result. Has this changed recently to be more stringent?

I'm a bit confused by this. I've never had this much of an SR down at any stage aside from when the penalty system went mental from side contact and punts. I've had plenty of penalties in the past with track limits, always trying to find the limit, but never had any SR drops as a result. Has this changed recently to be more stringent?
Not to my knowledge.

SR has always been dependent on your ability to stay on the track and not hit stuff. An excursion off the track will prevent you earning SR for one sector, but it might also give you an SR down for that sector. Hitting stuff - like other cars, but also track furniture like barriers and hilariously immobile pit entry signs at Tsukuba - will give you an SR down.

How much depends entirely on the specific race. We've seen some in the past where a single SR down sector is impossible to counter even if every other sector shows an SR gain, resulting in a red letter at the end of the race.

Penalties are for hitting people and for driving off the track and gaining an advantage in terms of mini-sector time. They usually also carry an SR down but might not if the track limit for penalties is not the same thing as the track limits (such as the stupid limits around Indianapolis at Le Mans); you can get a penalty with all four wheels on a valid driving surface, but you won't get SR down unless all four wheels are off.

Well Le Mans last week was OK, if very scrappy and doesn't look like Bathurst is going to be much better. Still a great race and one I'm OK at so will keep trying for a clean race.
All last week I looked for friendlies to work with and finally on Sunday I found one, we had a great race and if we hadn't kept making mistakes would have finished well too.

Not to my knowledge.

SR has always been dependent on your ability to stay on the track and not hit stuff. An excursion off the track will prevent you earning SR for one sector, but it might also give you an SR down for that sector. Hitting stuff - like other cars, but also track furniture like barriers and hilariously immobile pit entry signs at Tsukuba - will give you an SR down.

How much depends entirely on the specific race. We've seen some in the past where a single SR down sector is impossible to counter even if every other sector shows an SR gain, resulting in a red letter at the end of the race.

Penalties are for hitting people and for driving off the track and gaining an advantage in terms of mini-sector time. They usually also carry an SR down but might not if the track limit for penalties is not the same thing as the track limits (such as the stupid limits around Indianapolis at Le Mans); you can get a penalty with all four wheels on a valid driving surface, but you won't get SR down unless all four wheels are off.
That's why I'm a bit confused. If you watch my replays you'll see I'm avoiding contact as much as possible (okay a few little taps in the braking zones and through a couple of corners) and I only cut the sharp right hander once that I would say is worthy of a penalty. So I'm just unsure why it's all of a sudden such an extreme drop in SR. I've been at 99 for a few months now, dropping to 92 in one race where I had some dealings with a relentless dive bomber and some vigilante justice was served. I generally keep my driving clean and avoid contact as much as possible, letting guys get past if they're genuinely quicker, etc.

That's why I'm a bit confused. If you watch my replays you'll see I'm avoiding contact as much as possible (okay a few little taps in the braking zones and through a couple of corners) and I only cut the sharp right hander once that I would say is worthy of a penalty. So I'm just unsure why it's all of a sudden such an extreme drop in SR. I've been at 99 for a few months now, dropping to 92 in one race where I had some dealings with a relentless dive bomber and some vigilante justice was served. I generally keep my driving clean and avoid contact as much as possible, letting guys get past if they're genuinely quicker, etc.
All those contacts are sr downs especially if you are a higher dr than the other person

That's why I'm a bit confused. If you watch my replays
... it's impossible to tell. If you record the actual races we can see where you get SR up or down - or neither.

However, in the first lap alone you tag the RCZ three times in turn four, so I'm just going to guess you didn't get an SR up for the second sector...

I only cut the sharp right hander once that I would say is worthy of a penalty. So I'm just unsure why it's all of a sudden such an extreme drop in SR.
Whether it's a penalty or not is irrelevant to whether it's an SR down or not.

... it's impossible to tell. If you record the actual races we can see where you get SR up or down - or neither.

However, in the first lap alone you tag the RCZ three times in turn four, so I'm just going to guess you didn't get an SR up for the second sector...

Whether it's a penalty or not is irrelevant to whether it's an SR down or not.
Okay I see what you mean with the RCZ. It did get a bit "rubbing is racing" through there, but I've never had an SR down from that before. I've seen much harsher contacts go without punishment before... I wonder if lag might have anything to do with it, there were some jumpy cars in that races.

Unsure how to record actual races so can't help there unfortunately.

That won't work now, since the last update it is no longer showing the SR arrows mid race.

As for track limits, my understanding was that you wouldn't lose SR but would miss out on what you would normally gain for a clean sector if you go off but don't hit any other cars.

Back