"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Had the misfortune to drop SR from 99 to 96. I thought "3 points won't make a difference" was I ever wrong.
Showing and pushing to pass in the Cutting and the esses, blocking on straights and dive bombing galore.

But, with some careful driving I emerged back at SR99 with no loss in DR.
I may be mistaken but I thought the SR was only 'binned' by 90-99... then according to DR. So you should get matched in the same lobby with 96 SR as 99. Or do I have that wrong?

Making hay in race A this week. Something like 15 wins already (a day off work today helped). My 50.1 has left me on pole more often than not and have had good races if I make it through turn one. The main exception was one race where two guys with Hong Kong flags were determined to ruin everyone's race. Replay has been uploaded and tagged iotw if anyone cares to look.

Following my unfortunate foray into today’s FIA races, I decided to spend some time in Race C with a view to recovering some of the DR I had lost earlier.

I had done my best Q in an Aston earlier in the day but found it to be a little twitchy when racing. I therefore dusted off my Scirocco which I hadn’t driven for some time.

I can report the following:

a) The VW is harder to drive around Bathurst than I recall.
b) Cornering was especially difficult in the first few laps.
c) You get a lot of wheel spin early on.
d) Front tires are made of jelly. 60% wear after only 2 laps.
e) Poor handling and being passed multiple times can be distracting and you may not check the status of your vehicle closely.
f) The sight of a grown man crying in the middle of his lounge can be distressing to other family members.
g) Starting this race on full heavy wets is not a plan…….

The end of an “interesting“ day. 🛌🙄

Between FIA races I popped onto race B. I immediately set a decent qualy lap to go top of my leaderboard.
20210901_191106.jpg

I'm clicking the RBR for once. Well until it comes to the race. I start P4 behind a 4C. I know a move into T1 would be foolish so hang back and wait. The GT-R on pole is squiggling out of T1 and slows the 4C more than usual. I am forced to the outside line. The 4C connects with the GT-R on the exit of Remus and I have the overspeed. However I tap the rear of the GT-R who is already half spinning. All three of us go round. I have no idea how I did, but I did. Complete physics breakdown. I go to DFL. However I know this race will produce chances. I make it back to P9 in the end for a decent comeback. A 911 driven by a dirty Portuguese driver helps. He is pushing and shoving all over the place. He gets a run on me out of the last corner. However I don't want a dirty driver prospering so I gently wall them. I don't feel good about it but it was no more than they deserve.

Time for more race c.
Here’s a hint-if you dive at the Chase and run out to track edge on exit which means had I not seen your lunge and stayed away you would have rammed me, then I will miss my brake point badly on the next corner.
This might affect your race result so please adjust accordingly.
Thank you.

I have come as close as I ever have to a DR reset today. I'm reminded of why I had stopped doing Race B and stuck to Race C but when RBR is clean, it's extremely fun.

Edit - @Stilva I don't think you and I had any incidents that race but we certainly had our own. I was severely distracted that race and now I'm in SR A and wondering how I'll ever get back to S.

Last edited:
I drive using a controller. My QT's are good. But, i´m having a trouble with Input Lag in race that make me step the brakes early or steering out of time

I drive using a controller. My QT's are good. But, i´m having a trouble with Input Lag in race that make me step the brakes early or steering out of time
On PS4, the best way to use a controller is wireless. There is more lag if you set it to wired.

And, of course, your TV has to be in game mode, or whatever mode has the lowest input latency.

It’s just stupid on c race, now.
Smashmouth “racing”
Terrible. The Mustang is my best car so far. I’ve used Megane, Aston, Ford.
I was so dang pissed just now. It’s not fun anymore.
Once again I set a q (not even my best but a decent q) and after racing against the A and A plus just end up angry that in 2 outta 3 races I don’t get to race because of the utter chaos and idiotic arcade “racing” rams I sustain.
I don’t understand how we can have run this combo this many times and still you get the same crummy behaviors.

I MUST APOLOGIZE TO CEH OLD YELLER FELLER

IM SORRY. I KNOW YOU RACE FAIR. I DIDNT AND THATS ON ME.

IM SORRY I HIT YOUR MCLAREN TWICE.

THAT NINCOMPOOP SOUTH ANERICAN IN THE JETTA RUINED MY RACE LAP ONE THAT TIME.

I LOST MY TEMPER TRYING TO GIVE HIM THE BEATINGS HE RIGHTFULLY DESERVED.

I AM SORRY.
CECD6552-6691-486D-81FA-96FCD5C85CAE.png

edit I will be on again in a while and it’s going to be full bore smashmouth.
sorry but the game rules allow it
If that’s how everyone’s gonna play today fine then I will ramp things up a notch
I’m going full arcade in about 90 minutes on c race.
I pray for my sr…

Last edited:
Just did my very first online race (FINALLY got my PS+ subscription card delivered). Qualified 10th, finished in 8th.

I did Daily Race B: Gr.3 - garage car. I used my AMG GT3. It's a car I've driven quite a lot so I'm used to it.

I was thinking of doing another one, but I need to get to bed, soon. I have to get up at 4:00am (every morning) for work.

Good racing, but subpar results in the 3 races I did tonight. Lots of aggressive driving from almost everyone, but nothing intentionally dirty.

Race 1 I start P11 and am in a room with @BigSarj. On lap 3 I drift a bit wide in the exit of turn 4 and while we collide, I got the worst of it and spun out. Totally my fault, I thought I had more room than I did. I finish P12 after the driver in front of me at the time spins and a rage quit.

Race 2 I find myself starting P9, and despite one attempt to push me off track, it was an enjoyable close race from start to finish. It was surprisingly clean once everyone settled down. Some nice side by side racing and clean overtakes. This is the GT Sport experience I want. I finish right where I started in P9. Here’s the final lap, but all the laps were like than when we broke away from the pack.

Race 3 I’m in P11 for the start again. Lap 1 I get collected in a multi car pile-up coming out of turn 10 as seen here and drop to P14 after an unrelated penalty.

I had nowhere to go and was along for the ride at that point. Thankfully, everyone in front of me continued to fight and allowed me to catch back up enough to steal P10 after the two drivers in front of me ran wide and both got penalties. Lost a bit of DR, but it was exciting night of racing at least.
I don't think you and I had any incidents that race but we certainly had our own.
As I wrote above I drifted up into your line on the exit where I spun. Not intentional, I have a habit of drifting to to the outside of the exit of that corner.

@Stilva yeah, I saw the replay. You definitely got the worst of it. I stayed wide so as to not get in your way. By that point, I would rather have just had a one on one with you the rest of the way because at least I know you're not malicious.

My SR took a nosedive today and I think a lot of it is because I have to drive into the side of people before they knock me off the track. It's incredibly frustrating that I get punished for having to defend myself on the straights.

But as I said earlier, I finished the night off with a win and it was by exactly a hundredth of a second against a baseball fan from Boston. Kudos to him. And that was the win to finally get me into A.

...yeah, I saw the replay. You definitely got the worst of it. I stayed wide so as to not get in your way. By that point, I would rather have just had a one on one with you the rest of the way because at least I know you're not malicious.

My SR took a nosedive today and I think a lot of it is because I have to drive into the side of people before they knock me off the track. It's incredibly frustrating that I get punished for having to defend myself on the straights.

But as I said earlier, I finished the night off with a win and it was by exactly a hundredth of a second against a baseball fan from Boston. Kudos to him. And that was the win to finally get me into A.
A 1v1 would have been nice, maybe next time we race together. I just think it's dumb people resort to trying to push you off track trying to keep a spot. If I get beat I let them pass and try to set them up for a pass of my own. That would be a much better experience if everyone did this but that will never happen. Also, congrats on reaching rank A!

Waynes World Yes GIF

I may be mistaken but I thought the SR was only 'binned' by 90-99... then according to DR. So you should get matched in the same lobby with 96 SR as 99. Or do I have that wrong?
You're still "binned" the same but you'll be at the bottom of the bin, since almost everyone has 99. If you're a leftover that doesn't get sorted into a group with 19 others who are 99 you can get matched with anybody.

AFAIK it matches by SR first, everyone at 99 first, then 98, 97 etc. It depends on how many are at the different levels. I can for sure say that there's a big big difference between a lobby of 99 and one of 90

The 4C is my little weapon. Down Conrod it stays with everything. Ran down a Scirocco, but the player did everything right. No blocking, no swerving, picked a line and held it, used the racing line. Had I not been knocked around for the first four laps from last to 10th, I might have passed the VW on slightly fresher tyres.
4C is great everywhere. Once the VW hits the tyre wear, it’s easy pickings, but it has the torque to get up Mountain Straight. Winning wasn’t important, it was the trying to make a clean pass.

As for Race B. Z4, M3, both M6s, C7 and CitroËn. Citroën was the slowest. Nice cornering, but acceleration wasn’t helping keep the pace. Got banged around in the M3 and PS M6. Dudes just divebombing all raceabout that after the next sentence). Z4 got me up to 5th with pace and navigating penalty servers.
Made the mistake of qualifying. Had to then deal with the sneaky nose up the inside players. Just ruins the pace to catch cars ahead. Wish players would see if a complete pass is not on, stay behind until a proper run for a pass can be made. Especially with a pack behind trying to win from 13th! Of course I leave room and that’s obviously a sign of weakness for everyone and their mother to run me off at T3.

Back to GTAV, PC2 and ACC, for a break.

Well, I jumped in to grab a few races around the mountain. And it was a decent night overall, had some great racing, including the battle with @Raptor013 . But the dipper said otherwise.

First race I just couldnt find my rhythm for a lap or so, then was able to race until I got that ridiculously stupid 1 second penalty at the dipper.

And that kind of was my night. 1 or 2 mistakes each race, usually at the cutting or the elbow, but the dipper had my number. I dont think I ran a single race without getting pinged there. Had some great battles with other drivers in each race, including 2 wide for almost half the lap, but never really defeated the dipper. Not too bad overall.

Last edited:
From my brief break, was racing the Alpine A110 GT4 in ACC and PC3. Had to jump back in GTS and use the closest cars to it, the 4C.
Bathurst. The car is so fast from T2 to the finish, had to succumb to the quicker cars up mountain straight. I’m just too kind. Next time, I’ll hug the inside all the way up. Anyway, get knocked down from 7th to 12th. Fought all race versus 458s, Sciroccos and a lone WRX. Got back up to 7th at the finish.

Race B. One other 4C in the race. Again, having to slow early means cars behind can take advantage. 4C is a weapon. The Gr.3 ain’t slow. Low gear acceleration is great with
the MR grip and 4C’s short wheelbase. The other 4C two spots ahead was battling a Vantage. I was battling two Vantages and a Huracan.
Again, me having to slow early was killing my cornering speed. Riding the bumper of the Vantage, it brakes early. Balked me and the Huracan goes by. Rode the bumper of the Huracan(while Huracan was on the bumper of the Vanatge) last couple laps. Finished out of the top ten, but within hundredths of the Vantage and Huracan. Boo.

Back to the Alpine in the other games.

2 races on the mountain for 2 second places this evening. First one I started P2 in the Viper behind a Megane. That thing is quick. It pulled away from me for the first 5 laps including when I made a mistake at Forest Elbow on lap 2 and dropped about a second. The last 3 laps is when the tyre wear dragged it back and I finished just under 2 seconds behind.

Second race I started p4 in a Veyron behind the same Megane, an M4 in P2 and another Veyron in p3. By the time we reached turn 2 both Veyrons were past the M4. Had a great battle with other guy in the Veyron until he got Hell’s corner wrong on lap 5 and I got by up mountain straight. Then set about trying to reel in the Megane again, but I couldn’t get closer than 3 seconds after being slowed a bit in the early close quarters racing.

My week at Bathurst has been filled with great, respectful racing. I think it helps to be near the front which is something I’m not used to.

Starting a new account to enter the Porsche cup thingy with and boy is it dirty down here. I don't know if it's just because they are Ds and Es, this is a dirty server, or the current lack of penalty system. Every race so far I'm come up against more that one player who thinks that being passed is an offence and the perpetrator must be rammed. I am sticking with my new calmer racing style and just trying to avoid stuff rather than escalating situations and in general I do come out better, but it's oh so tempting just to punt people.
Must admit that under normal B/S racing in FIA I tend to find the Ozzies and Kiwis as clean if not cleaner than Europeans so it might just be the low splits.

Starting a new account to enter the Porsche cup thingy with and boy is it dirty down here. I don't know if it's just because they are Ds and Es, this is a dirty server, or the current lack of penalty system. Every race so far I'm come up against more that one player who thinks that being passed is an offence and the perpetrator must be rammed. I am sticking with my new calmer racing style and just trying to avoid stuff rather than escalating situations and in general I do come out better, but it's oh so tempting just to punt people.
Must admit that under normal B/S racing in FIA I tend to find the Ozzies and Kiwis as clean if not cleaner than Europeans so it might just be the low splits.
Not for nothing, but I'm from the states. When I started watching V8 Supercars in the late '90s, even though there was a lot of contact, the driver's seemed to race cleaner during the '00s. More about preserving the car to be there end of the race.
Always watched European and Asia racing and it's more dive bomb, block at all costs to keep the position. I think that makes a difference from what some players grew up seeing.

Sure, I bet many players don't watch real racing, but from what I read in Daily & FIA threads, it's seems to apply moreso than in Australian/New Zealand races.

I have an Australian account as my main and have had largely clean racing through all levels. My Canadian account is still only DR B and used for a dozen FIA races and a few dailies, but I found it a bit more rough and tumble there.

Three more races tonight with the same subpar results. It has gone from aggressive, but fair, driving to full on dirty racing with dive-bombs, me being used as a brake in almost every turn, and drivers getting in the back of me for no good reason. Complete frustration on my end. I did drop my qualifying time by a tenth of a second, so yay, I guess.

Anyway, I started Race 1 in P10 and finish P11 due to what I typed above. Race 2 I start P8 and finish P10 for the same reasons above. Only this time I drive directly into 3 cars getting into each other and that kills my momentum. That would have gotten me out of the chaos I was in, but I get stuck behind them the rest of the race. Race 3 I manage to start P6 and avoid most of the craziness behind me. Until I go off track and get put right back into the thick of the madness. More dirty racing from others in front of me leads me to a P5 finish. I lost some SR at some point, but I’m still at 94.

And with that I’m done for the week. It’s way to dirty for me to continue and still have some fun with the racing. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t mind racing with some door banging and incidental contact that doesn’t affect the outcome of the race. Race me clean and I’ll be happy to race you clean back. A nice battle for position is great even if I get beat, I’ll do my best to get that position back. Looking forward to seeing what combos come up next week so I can get some positive results hopefully.

Back