"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
the track is wider.
I also wanted to write that,but I felt like I shouldn't. you know, like they record all exhaust notes of real cars and convert them for the game, I was sure that they converted the measurements of the track. but thanks to your comment, I guess they didn't.
I think the 'apparent' track width is largely a function of the approximated camera/lens settings that the game developers use when designing the graphics model. I think they would argue that the dimensions are correct, based on scans, etc., but it sets up differently in the eye, compared to real-life for sure, and compared to other games/sims, even... For example it looks wider on Forza, I think, but I think it's more to do with the effective 'focal length' of the optics programmed into the graphics engine. It's why I like the bumper cam view because it seems to show a wider focus length relative to the track, while driving.

@O604 good info... I wish I had time to race after setting my own similar QT... had to run up from 20th to earn 8th, without a QT before that. If I had started up front...

Good to see @Sven Jurgens out there, too! It's been a while.

Pretty fun challenge, actually, once you understand the tire wear and funny grip situation of the particular combo. The 911 RSR seems a worthy race tool, whereas the Ferrari was a nightmare.

Last edited:
Yes, all you have to do is watch the replays to see it's wider than it feels
Looking at the cockpit views in the race replay I posted you can see the track doesn't look much wider than in the game - at least I don't feel like it's substantial enough to change the experience.

Pretty fun challenge, actually, once you understand the tire wear and funny grip situation of the particular combo. The 911 RSR seems a worthy race tool, whereas the Ferrari was a nightmare.

The Jag works well for me. The Aston is also a weapon here, and the Corvette is rising too
As it's not really strong enough elsewhere, this is the perfect place for the M3 for me. Great grip around the circuit and doesn't lose a whole lot on straight line speed given the distance.

I used to love driving the road version there on GT4 back in the day, falling in love with the car all over again.

Last edited:
Tried a couple of race at N24 with the AMG GT3. Starting from the back is a bit masochistic but there I am. Drive within my limits and try to be as respectful as I can. As someone else said, there is not lot of place you can overtake on that track and too many people don't realise that. Being at the back of a five cars trains is madness. Really hard to see where we are. I wish I can get rid of the name above the car!

Best result is a climb of 6 places in a room with half the field A+.
Best lap is 8.24. If not it's 8.40 :rolleyes:

Going to head out in the Supra for some laps tonight to see how that compares against the FF's in Race B. Realised I've barely used it and I've found a sweet new livery to make, so that'll be my Gr.4 car for the week. Race C... Hmmm... Kudosprime random car choice gives me the Walkenhorst M6 - I think that'll work well!
So I've been out for a bunch of laps in the Supra. Currently sitting mid table on my friends list 5th of 8, but miles off the fastest times (2:04.820 vs 2:01.543!). Really don't want to have to resort to the META, but those FFs are just so damn fast!

I'd never noticed before at the nord, in some of the background scenes when waiting in the lobby, if it's a spectator area you can hear dance music playing.

Love those GT details.
You can hear that when you drive past the camping areas too, I think. As well at DTG when you drive under the infield. There's a party thumping up there.

Tested my luck at the Nürburgring tonight and has a successful go at it. It could have gone better, but for me it’s a big win even to finish.

I start P11 in the Corvette with an 8:31.XXX qualifying time. After a clean(!) entry by everyone into the GP circuit, I get shoved aside in the second turn on the GP track and fall to P14. I’m looking at a track map for the following corner names as I have no idea what they are called. I run wide at Schwedenkruez and drop to P16. I don’t quit like the last time I raced here, and soldier on hoping for others to get it wrong. One driver really slowed down before Mutkurve before the run to into the first Karussell section. I was confused by that. I catch up to P12 before the long strait and give a nice bump draft so we can catch up. Thanks to 9 people quitting the race I eventually find myself in P10. I run wide at Flugplatz on lap 2 and get a 1.5 second hitting the wall penalty. But it didn’t matter as I had a 30+ second gap to P11. I did catch up to P8 and P9 after they had some off-tracks, and I might have had a shot at a better finish, but they were long gone after my penalty was over. Whatever, I'll take it.

This was the most challenging race I've had in the game for a long time. A narrow track with others who might not know the track well or a small bobble will send them flying kept me on my toes. I was expecting more chaos and it didn't come from what I saw. It was still fun testing my skills on the Nürburgring despite a few mistakes. I keep those down and I'll be golden all week.

What`s with the no-qualifiers in Race C.?

I know what a Blue Flag means but what do you do at turn 1 with 6-8 potentially faster drivers behind you?

Let them all through or get punted?

It may work up there in A+ matching,but down here in B grade,it`s an unnecessary pain in the arse, metaphorically..
Start them in pit lane,i reckon...

Rant Over…………..

Last edited:
I really like the RSR around the Ring. it is so planted and carries great mid corner speed on the Nord. The downside is that its weakness is top end speed and that's where the overtaking zones come into play. But on the whole, it's a really enjoyable drive and I'm finding the racing is generally good.

Also a privilege to share the track with @Little_Guppy (or should that be big shark? ;)). We didn't really get to see each other in-race, but it looked like you were more than holding your own among the great unwashed in Asia. :cheers::gtpflag:

Ok, one more thing comes to mind after few races on the N24. Other than the good looking fog etc, track feels more bumpy and the elevations on same places feels more real??? Also the "flugplatz" lifts the nose of the car quite nice :lol:

Is it just me not playing the Nordsleife in a long time, or is this some new version of the track?? :cheers:

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GT Sport Daily Races: A Happy Medium

A new set of GT Sport Daily Races is with us for the next seven days, bringing new challenges for the week ahead — and we hope you like medium tires...
Race A hint. Got this from Tidgney. Turn real early at last corner so you do not have to tap brake. I could not break 1 minute. Watched Tidgney then on first try broke 1 minute. I am a low B ďriver.

I'm really struggling with N24 this week, normally I like this track and do OK but with this group of cars I really struggle to keep them on the track, one sniff of a wheel on the curb coming out of a corner and I'm spinning all over the place, admittedly Ive only tried the Aston and the Corvette, any suggestions? ps given my troubles with these cars I'm going nowhere near the Supra

I'm really struggling with N24 this week, normally I like this track and do OK but with this group of cars I really struggle to keep them on the track, one sniff of a wheel on the curb coming out of a corner and I'm spinning all over the place, admittedly Ive only tried the Aston and the Corvette, any suggestions? ps given my troubles with these cars I'm going nowhere near the Supra
Those 2 are usually very stable on kerbs so not sure you’ll do much better but the AMG is often a safe option. The Jag is pretty good too.

Or maybe double down and use the Huracan? You’ll spin just as often but it will get to each of the spins quicker.

Those 2 are usually very stable on kerbs so not sure you’ll do much better but the AMG is often a safe option. The Jag is pretty good too.

Or maybe double down and use the Huracan? You’ll spin just as often but it will get to each of the spins quicker.
Jag's a good shout, think I'll take that out for a "spin"

The curbs in GTS are little discussed and they vary greatly from circuit to circuit and are an interesting element in the game.

Sometimes the curbs are your friend and sometimes they will kill you. N24 has both types.

The tall inside curbs normally mean "don't touch me hard" (there are exceptions) as they will tend to bounce you off the apex. Sometimes you should counter-intuitively use the center of the road.

If the curb has lots of wear with exposed concrete it is an exception and you can run roughshod over them. For most inside curbs including the tall ones they will help your turn-in if you touch them gently. Anything more and it will hurt. It takes knowledge and precision.

In the Circuit Experience module the "very English" narrator gives good tactical advice on the curbs. Also, the top 10 drivers know which ones to avoid and which ones to attack.

For car choice, I find that the Beetle and the Hyundai Genesis manages the curbs best and they are pretty quick. The Supra is really tough to manage and those top 10 drivers are masters.

Last edited:
Did a Race C last night and 1 today. As expected the higher DR I get, the more aggressive the driving gets.

For the most part, it's still pretty good. It's just 2 or 3 per grid who feel the need to oval race on the Nord. :crazy:

I really like the RSR around the Ring. it is so planted and carries great mid corner speed on the Nord. The downside is that its weakness is top end speed and that's where the overtaking zones come into play. But on the whole, it's a really enjoyable drive and I'm finding the racing is generally good.

Also a privilege to share the track with @Little_Guppy (or should that be big shark? ;)). We didn't really get to see each other in-race, but it looked like you were more than holding your own among the great unwashed in Asia. :cheers::gtpflag:
Nice seeing you out there... I had a midrace mishap.

Race C: Gr.X @ Interlagos | 14 laps | RM/RH | Tyres x8 | Fuel x2

Race C is a grid start.
I am gonna bet Super Formula on this one for Race C which I wouldn't mind in order to make up for my absence during the Nations Cup race where it featured the aforementioned car on that track.

But I am down for something different if its not the Super Formula.

Last edited:
Next week's dailies:

Race A: N100 @ Maggiore Centre | 5 laps | SH
Race B: Gr.3 @ Tokyo East Inner | 4 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.X @ Interlagos | 14 laps | RM/RH | Tyres x8 | Fuel x2

Race C is a grid start.
That looks like a great big bag of

hell-naw.gif

Ran a couple "B" races. 1st one was pretty good. I started 5th, finished 3rd. No issues, no hitting, no divebombing, no punting. 2nd race wasn't so good. I started 7th, finished 11th. I got punted by someone who I'd made a clean pass on. AT the bottom of the shill, i braked like normal, down-shifted like normal, then found myself careening towards the wall at the bend. I looked at the radar, and the car behind me was directly behind me, against the wall. I guess he didn't like that I'd passed him going into the esses. I never touched him. He just ran a bit wide at the hairpin before the uphill section just before the esses. I was able to catch and pass him, there. But apparently he didn't like that, so he saw fit to run us both off the track. And for that, we also both got passed by several other cars. I was only able to finish in 11th thanks to others running wide at other corners or spinning at the final corner.

I did 2 races since my last post, one last night and one this morning. I got my qualifying down to 8:27.XXX, which is awesome!.

Last nights race starts well enough with me starting P12 until I make the brilliant move of going on the outside 2-wide through Schwedenkruez which doesn’t work at all. I thought I had a good run on the driver in front of me. I should have stayed in line and figure another way around. Lesson learned by me, don’t do that. It took 15 seconds to fully recover, and I fall to P20. I want to finish for my pride and to see what I can do with no real pressure around me. 1 driver drops out leaving me in P19 and I can just see the rest of the field creeping into view as I get to the long straight at the end of the lap. Thanks to them fighting and going off track, and a few more people quitting, I get back to P12 by the long straight with a Beetle in my draft. They get by and I don’t put up a fight and finish P13. Not the best result, but still cool I made up that much time after a horrible decision by me. I also got a clean race bonus for some reason.

The race this morning I start P11 and gain some spots on the GP course to P8. I'm doing my thing then I send my self flying in the fast section leading up to the second Karussell and drop to P13. I catch all the drivers who passed me and stick to them like glue, but make no attempts to pass in the hopes they get it wrong with me pressuring them. I get to P6 at one point, but run too wide before the second Karussell and drop to P9 where I finish. Bummed out by running wide, but a decent result is just fine in my book.

I am having so much fun this week. I'll take advantage of having a day off for American Thanksgiving tomorrow and do a bunch of races. I don't care where I finish, I just want to race this track as mush as I can.

Back