"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Before last week, I had 0 wins and 0 poles at Interlagos after several years of playing this game. I just don't get along with that track normally. I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to use my favorite car again though. I ended the week at Interlagos with 27 wins (21 on my main account, 6 on my alt) and 23 poles (all on my main).

Here's a replay of an awesome battle for the win I had in last week's Race C. It was one of several surprisingly close battles for the win I had.

27! In a row? (Clerks reference for gen Xers).

So Monza, is it Veyron or bust?
17d8fcda86613-21d25C1B15EFF9B8353.26FE9664245D953F_message_419531434579974_1638794666328.jpg

Not necessarily

Nice to have Monza back, might be chaos at times but I just love driving around here.

From last to 7th without qualy or practice, the Mustang is very underrated here and one of my favourites to drive it with. Very stable in the corners and a high top end speed keeps it in the mix against anyone.

Plus with a livery like this from @Chuck__Steak you've already won. \

6998598225584227340_0.jpg

27! In a row? (Clerks reference for gen Xers).

So Monza, is it Veyron or bust?
I wish! Especially because on my main account I have more poles than wins from this week, which indicates a net negative in terms of positions gained...

In the video I posted above, I started P2 and didn't even take the lead until that point in the race.

I ended the week at Interlagos with 27 wins (21 on my main account, 6 on my alt) and 23 poles (all on my main).
Sounds like me when Big Willow comes up in the rotation.
:lol: Nice alias.
Nice to have Monza back, might be chaos at times but I just love driving around here.

From last to 7th without qualy or practice, the Mustang is very underrated here and one of my favourites to drive it with. Very stable in the corners and a high top end speed keeps it in the mix against anyone.

Plus with a livery like this from @Chuck__Steak you've already won. \

View attachment 1098119
Agreed. Looks good.

than you were very unlucky. everytime I was punted into a wall, there was no penalty given to me. Maybe once out of 15 incidents.
I've had it happen multiple times on that particular daily race.

Getting hit hard from behind, then slamming into the wall.....penalty.
Getting passed and then shoved over into the wall.....penalty.

And each time the other person didn't receive a penalty.

Tried 1 Race A today. Started/finished 2nd. Got some space and it was clean in front.

Could not catch up to 1st though. I was being a bit reserved, keeping smooth. The car in front was flicking it. Increasingly lap by lap. I was within a second until the last lap and they timed it smart, pulled away by 1.5 in the end, left me in the dust. :)

O⁹
Toyota is a partner to PD so it's OP almost anywhere. In GTS that is.

I remember seeing a car with that at Tokyo last week.

Mine too. But test run the BMW Z4 too. Set BB to +3
The Z4 was a good shout. I’m not quite as quick as in the WRX but it is definitely competitive.

Beetles and WRXs are much better than the “meta” Supra. I’m wondering if the EVO might be a good choice as well.

The Z4 was a good shout. I’m not quite as quick as in the WRX but it is definitely competitive.

Beetles and WRXs are much better than the “meta” Supra. I’m wondering if the EVO might be a good choice as well.
Yes, the Beetle felt really good yesterday. Stable and quick.
I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for him. He is a dirty driver and I ran into him before. He is a seal clubber.

That was some good tension. I was wondering which corner you would do the deed.

I remember your car :-) I had you in front of me once last week. so cool, 1st time to recognize someone from here. i can't remember the race, I have "Samantha" written on the back of nearly all my car's, but as far as I can remember, I wasn't able to pass your beautiful car, so you wouldn't have seen it anyway.
I'll keep an eye out for you next time around.

As for me this week, I'm done for the week because I really can't get a groove around Alsace II and even Monza too with the Veyron Gr.4. Guess I'm still having some hangover over last week's Daily Race B where it was a pleasure to use the F1 GTR.

Servers in the Asia and Oceania regions will have a missile festival, or a rear-end collision festival, at the first corner of Monza!

Tried 1 Race A today. Started/finished 2nd. Got some space and it was clean in front.

Could not catch up to 1st though. I was being a bit reserved, keeping smooth. The car in front was flicking it. Increasingly lap by lap. I was within a second until the last lap and they timed it smart, pulled away by 1.5 in the end, left me in the dust. :)
I really like that combo. The car has been a fun one each time it's come up in Dailies, and that track suits it well as a fun little race. Will probably run some more as the week wears on. I was actually trying to dump DR to keep my Alt pinned to a friend but the competitive juices started right up so was battling amongst the top three all afternoon yesterday... maybe I'll have to slow down a bit because the DR was inching up to 40k again while I'm trying to get matched right around the A/B line!

(That Toyota is really a cool little car IRL too...)

Last edited:
Where's the differential knob?

I want Sport and Track Mode. :guilty: :lol:

xcjvzawb-jpg.5146
Good find... yeah they dropped the ball with that one, not including it! I've seen a couple being delivered here in town... it would be a riot to drive IRL... I love me a hot hatch and that one is as good as any on offer, for a heckuva good price. If only Brands Hatch was nearby!

Sorry guys, I'm still in last week Race C nostalgia.

It was my best peformance in Daily races. What a car to drive.
  • 9 wins
  • many podium
  • 9 500 DR in a week :crazy:

The best race I had, was from pole. But a mistake in lap one made me vulnerable to an attack in sector 2 which got me off track. Then I had to fight back.

I got the chance to race with (or behind) @GTWolverine. I could put "pressure" on him at the start with me on Med and him on Hard :lol:, not for long though. Also snatch a FL from him with a nice 1.19.8 in another race. Epic fight in the video you posted.

51732477334_b9bd510a58_z.jpg

Last edited:
Race C is good fun once you know your way round. Helpful tip is to brake early and do your overtaking on the exits. The Atenza, Ferrari and the GTR look handy too if you want to stay out of the FT1 club. Pitting lap 4 or 5 for softs seems to work best for overall pace but you can mix it up situation depending. Have fun.

After a long abstinence from the dailies I felt like doing a few races again. I went with Monza and opted for the Mégane since I don't like using the meta car. The Mégane has decent acceleration and does not lose too much ground on the Veyron on the straights. After a few disappointing races where I kept getting involved in all manners of depravities I had this excellent one where I finished 4th after starting from last place. The decisive lap was the fourth one where I gained 5 positions alone. I haven't had that much experience lately, therefore my driving definitely leaves room for improvement but either way I'm happy with the result :)

I’m just loving Race C. Somehow the circuit feels more natural in this direction. I’m a huge fan of the rewards for being willing to sacrifice entry speed for tight lines and fast exits. It also seems to have created the worst “META” in history. Everyone driving FT-1s I wonder how long before they realize it’s no good in the race.

I’m just loving Race C. Somehow the circuit feels more natural in this direction. I’m a huge fan of the rewards for being willing to sacrifice entry speed for tight lines and fast exits. It also seems to have created the worst “META” in history. Everyone driving FT-1s I wonder how long before they realize it’s no good in the race.
The FT-1 has the potential to make fast laps but fails to match up the overall speed of the Supra in the actual race. It took me one race to realise that.

The FT-1 has the potential to make fast laps but fails to match up the overall speed of the Supra in the actual race. It took me one race to realise that.
It’s also not as good on tyres as some of the non-metas (same for the Supra). I’ve lost count of the number of times I overtake them towards the end of their stints.

Back