"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Another daily race week with no less than a Subaru, Renault, or Mazda leading the way.

Stupid questions:
Seriously, why? Will this be addressed going forward (with better balance across gr3 and gr4) or just the way it's always going to be?

Another daily race week with no less than a Subaru, Renault, or Mazda leading the way.

Stupid questions:
Seriously, why? Will this be addressed going forward (with better balance across gr3 and gr4) or just the way it's always going to be?
Is it me or you wanted to post in GT7 Daily Races?

Because it's more like: oh no, not another week with the same Daily. It's already 3 week of them.

Last edited:
I was bored and looking at numbers on KudosPrime and busted out the maths...I've averaged 105.5 mph over the course of my GTSport-ness. Neat. I shouldn't be bored looking at numbers on KudosPrime, is my takeaway from that.

In other news...

While I am hoping for another round of tracks, still havin' a good time at Sardegna with some really good people to run against. One thing has become very apparent to me...y'all are gettin' too damn fast! I did get my sub '49 in the battle wagon (Mustang), so I'm pleased, and that's what counts.:D

Thanks for the great racing everyone!:cheers:

Last edited:
Any idea if the races will change next week? Or will they simply disappear.
The event listings on KP stop when new races would normally occur, Monday 2:50 AM EST is the last race.

Any idea if the races will change next week? Or will they simply disappear.
The event listings on KP stop when new races would normally occur, Monday 2:50 AM EST is the last race.
Just have to wait a bit longer, maybe tomorrow KP will update. Since GT7 lunch, they change the set monthly, and GT7 launch on march 4 so I'm expecting a new set of races on monday.

Last edited:
Guess we'll see what tracks they choose, I usually do pretty well on the Suzuka, Fuji course and Blue Moon Bay tracks. I do struggle on the Maggoire tracks and sectors and Laguna Seca raceway. But it is what it is, I'm human too.

Race C this morning, Hard Tires and plenty of gaz to go to the end. 8 in the room and we all got a 1 minute penalty :boggled:

There is a mandatory pit stop even if we have plenty of rubber left at the of the race.

Second race from the back, I pit at the end of 1rst lap and then it's hotlap on clear track and shoot for the win. Pole sitter pit mid-race and probably change tires, came 1.5 sec in front of him and could pull a 3.5 sec gap by the end of the race.

The ferrari barely damaged the tires, lots of people go FWD and they start to struggle by the end of the race.

Race C this morning, Hard Tires and plenty of gaz to go to the end. 8 in the room and we all got a 1 minute penalty :boggled:

There is a mandatory pit stop even if we have plenty of rubber left at the of the race.

Second race from the back, I pit at the end of 1rst lap and then it's hotlap on clear track and shoot for the win. Pole sitter pit mid-race and probably change tires, came 1.5 sec in front of him and could pull a 3.5 sec gap by the end of the race.

The ferrari barely damaged the tires, lots of people go FWD and they start to struggle by the end of the race.
Wait, Race C - Gr.3's has a mandated pitstop? Certainly didn't the two races I did

Nice, I guess these were updated Monday the 9th. Today is the 11th. Fuji is one of my favorite tracks, cool that they're letting us choose a N400 car for the Daily race A. Dragon Trails is easy/ok for me. But getting a good solid low lap time is tricky.

Fuji is one of my favorite tracks, cool that they're letting us choose a N400 car for the Daily race A.
Except the fact that it's a repeat of October 2021, yeah it's a nice combo.

I'm still racing from the back on Race C and got a win his morning.

Pit lap 1 with the Ferrari and hotlap to the end. I was fortunate enough to be alone the whole race and didn't get any penality. Only watching the gap with the leader. Pit stop cost around 22sec and from lap 2 to 12 I could only close the gap from 25 sec to 22 sec. The guy on pole is on the same pace with the same car. I'm lapping around 1.38 low and a best lap of 1.37.8. Pole sitter come out of pit right by my side on lap 12 but I'm carrying more speed and could get in front before the next braking zone. Won by 0.8 sec. This one felt nice, had to work for it.

52071001709_14e0f76592_c.jpg

Good scrap of racing against a Mustang yesterday. Ferrari is fast in and out of the corner but the Mustang have the advantage on straight. Without his penalty, I'm not sure I could have pass.

Nice job on your 12th victory, you should feel good! Honestly I have 3 out of 100 wins.
Winning a race from the back sure feels good. Even if I don't play during peak hour, there is always a couple of fast guys out in the front (sometime at the back with me). My target is top 5 finish, a podium being already a great result.

That race, I gain 12 positions to win my 659th race. From the 5421 I entered it gave me a 12% win ratio.

Having a blast at Red Bull this week...and this is the first I've ever really "warmed-up" to this venue. I always struggle with the Gr.3 cars there so never gave it much chance. In the Gr.4's this track is a blast.

Think I am faster in the Mustang but more consistent in the WRX. The WRX pays dearly in the straights but can make up soooooo much from Remus (t3) through Wurth (t7/8) that it's still a great competitor. Though I have found it tough to remain aware of everyone around me + dive bombers given the line for an AWD is a bit different, there's still been some intense, clean racing.

Have fun and hopefully I'll see some of y'all out on the track! :cheers:

Winning a race from the back sure feels good. Even if I don't play during peak hour, there is always a couple of fast guys out in the front (sometime at the back with me). My target is top 5 finish, a podium being already a great result.

That race, I gain 12 positions to win my 659th race. From the 5421 I entered it gave me a 12% win ratio.
While not the same as starting at the back, I have started pitting on lap 1/2 for a run up through the pack of drivers that wait until laps 7 - 11. It's some of the most fun I've had racing online.

Well I seem to be having trouble on the Red Bull Ring C race, played my first race. I finished last, 5th. See there were 5 racers including me. I did get a penalty 3-4 times, it's hard trying not to go off the edge of the track. I'm trying to get a low lap time but when I drive too fast while turning the car goes off-track, i'll have to post some replays and let you guys look at them to show you better what I mean.

Well I seem to be having trouble on the Red Bull Ring C race, played my first race. I finished last, 5th. See there were 5 racers including me. I did get a penalty 3-4 times, it's hard trying not to go off the edge of the track. I'm trying to get a low lap time but when I drive too fast while turning the car goes off-track, i'll have to post some replays and let you guys look at them to show you better what I mean.
I struggle with penalties at this track, too.

One thing I did not realize until very, very recently is this...if I lift in the penalty zone, I don't get penalized. A quick (un)blip of the throttle is all it takes. You just have to make sure you are COMPLETELY off the gas, even if only for a millisecond, before you mash the go button again (controller). :cheers:

What car are you using?

I struggle with penalties at this track, too.

One thing I did not realize until very, very recently is this...if I lift in the penalty zone, I don't get penalized. A quick (un)blip of the throttle is all it takes. You just have to make sure you are COMPLETELY off the gas, even if only for a millisecond, before you mash the go button again (controller). :cheers:

What car are you using?

That would explain what I experienced in interlagos. I wrote a comment about it here, some months ago. In qualifying I followed the ghost of a top 10 placed qualifier. I was right behind him/her through the first set of corners. Only I received a penalty.
It never came to my mind that acceleration could be the trigger for a penalty. . Thanks.

I'm trying to find the car that has the best traction control, braking and cornering because if I don't have those in line, I won't be able to succeed.

I'm trying to find the car that has the best traction control, braking and cornering because if I don't have those in line, I won't be able to succeed.
All I can say is that the WRX, well, works for me! Some aren't a fan but the car has to be one of the most stable vehicles in the entire game, stops and turns well...it just lacks top-end so staying in the draft is a must on the straights. I run the brake balance at -1 for a little more turn-in. It's been fun to throw around at Red Bull.

All I can say is that the WRX, well, works for me! Some aren't a fan but the car has to be one of the most stable vehicles in the entire game, stops and turns well...it just lacks top-end so staying in the draft is a must on the straights. I run the brake balance at -1 for a little more turn-in. It's been fun to throw around at Red Bull.
I believe that's the Subaru one, right? If so, i'll give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.

I believe that's the Subaru one, right? If so, i'll give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.
That is correct, the Subaru WRX...like I said, been having fun with it. Other AWD options include:
  • Lambroghini Huracan
  • Mazda Atenza
  • Nissan GTR
  • Bugatti Veyron
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EVO Final Edition
Good luck and hope you find something you can get along with!

I like mandatory stops, pit when those in front don't. Ideal to break away from carnage and I can vouch for the WRX too. I managed to dip into a couple 37 laps, previous best were low 38s in FFs. It's an underrated choice, I see two others at most. While not greatly impactful, front tyre wear is marginally better than FFs. Kind of don't mind having this race all month, there's plenty of opportunity to explore other options.

I like mandatory stops, pit when those in front don't. Ideal to break away from carnage and I can vouch for the WRX too. I managed to dip into a couple 37 laps, previous best were low 38s in FFs. It's an underrated choice, I see two others at most. While not greatly impactful, front tyre wear is marginally better than FFs. Kind of don't mind having this race all month, there's plenty of opportunity to explore other options.
Love the stop...has made for some interesting final lap racing, that is for sure.

If I can get into the front breakaway group I will stay out until the last possible lap (or when the rest of the crew dives in). If I'm mid-pack at start, I'll pit on 1/2 and enjoy some clean air for a while. Sucks because you NEED the draft on the straights in the Subie but, all-in-all, it makes for a fun drive.

I just wish I could get close to my qualifying time during the race, which NEVER happens. I'm going to assume it's me losing my cool but if anyone else has crafted some good excuses reasons, I'm all ears. :D

Back