Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,082 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 616 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,035 51.3%

• Total voters
Aaaaand back to ****ing aliens.
The anomaly at that site is genuinely interesting unknown with quantifiable effects, the best guess being an unknown aspect of physics not necessarily aliens. Why be so negative? Share some of your thoughts rather than shooting things down. We dont have to reach consensus, Its just fun to spin ideas... these are genuine interesting notions albeit this is the wrong thread. There does seem to be an intelligence at work (at Skinwalker ranch) when they interact with anomaly, UAP occur regularly they don't know yet what they are. I would guess there is unknown physics at work there could be of benefit to mankind if they can understand it eventually. It's a loose association to thread topic, but I would suggest other life in the universe is a more likely than a god and easier to prove (The James Webb telescope is sensitive enough to read atmospheric compositions which could lead to life). The possibilities at Skinwalker ranch are quite vast, and its intriguing. If it is a dimensional portal at the site (pure speculation) where or when does it intersect? maybe with a dimension with different physics / an alternate universe!. Lets imagine they establish it is something like that what does that mean the true nature of reality is? Is our reality one page of an infinite book, and if it was does this change the notion of what a god could be?

this is the wrong thread
Yup. Point of fact, that particular user has been informed ad nauseam in this thread that there are more appropriate threads. That particular user should know that there are more appropriate threads if only because that particular user created them.

Last edited:
Yup. Point of fact, that particular user has been informed ad nauseam in this thread that there are more appropriate threads. That particular user should know that there are more appropriate threads if only because that particular user created.
How about contributing something to debate though? You're better than just sniping from the peanut gallery you seem passionate about this forum. Seeing as ego is your thing, do you believe ego is the essential reason people believe in god? Or on the flip side is dissolving the ego the best way to commune or experience the spiritual? My experience of / with mushrooms didn't give me a spiritual experience, but reaffirmed that reality is a construct which when the inputs are subverted you realise you colour it with your preconceptions. There was no revelatory or profound experience (whilst mind altering) for me, perhaps you need to be led or indoctrinated to have a spiritual experience that way. If god does not exist, perhaps the repeating of verses done in religious practices is quite insidious practice to change your perception. Coming back to ego its very tempting / flattering to the ego that reality and everything in it is all about you, perhaps that is why belief in god is so pervasive. It seems to me the reason the god construct is used historically is just a form of control for one man to subvert the will of another. The game from day one has always been how to manipulate the next man in to doing your will when he has is own free will, perhaps its a matter subjugation rather than spirituality with the god question? The collection plate alludes to this... I doubt a god needs money.

The game from day one has always been how to manipulate the next man in to doing your will when he has is own free will, perhaps its a matter subjugation rather than spirituality with the god question? The collection plate alludes to this... I doubt a god needs money.
I've heard Christians putting it this way... You live in a mountain cabin. There is a lake of cool crystal clear water on the other side of the mountain. The water is free, yet you have to pay to have it piped into your house.

So much for omnipotence on the part of the Almighty.

Last edited:
I've heard Christians putting it this way... You live in a mountain cabin. There is a lake of cool crystal clear water on the other side of the mountain. The water is free, yet you have to pay to have it piped into hour house.

So much for omnipotence on the part of the Almighty.
Having been to Florence and Rome I can attest that the metaphorical water pipes are golden that's for sure. The Vatican bank assets are well over $5 billion salvation has a price it seems.

Having been to Florence and Rome I can attest that the metaphorical water pipes are golden that's for sure. The Vatican bank assets are well over $5 billion salvation has a price it seems.
...thieves.

Last edited:

You can see the dissonance written all over this guy's face. Even people with faith question it, and when faced with such things that are obviously preposterous you have to abandon reason to justify them. Nothing wrong with living certain religious values, but the whole "miracles / heaven / hell" beliefs are for the slack jawed mouth breathers, and there is no shortage of them.

Last edited:
I thought Skinwalker Ranch was where they filmed Star Wars episodes 1-3... /aliens
Skinwalker Ranch is a restricted site in NE Utah that has been under investigation by government contractors since 2009, terrifying phenomena having been reported there since deep into the past. It's not so much about aliens as it is about a malevolent discarnate intelligence being in total control, including knowing what the investigators are thinking and planning. This is called a Trickster god by the natives.

Last edited:
Skinwalker Ranch is a restricted site in NE Utah that has been under investigation by government contractors since 2009
It's restricted in that it's private land owned by property developer Brandon Fugal, who bought it from property developer Robert Bigelow, inventor of the inflatable space hotel, founder of Bigelow Aerospace (defunct) and founder of the former woo-peddlars "National Institute for Discovery Science" (defunct).

Horse**** claims about the place sprung up in 1996, shortly before Bigelow bought it and set NIDSci into investigating all the horse**** claims with his own money. A guy working for Bigelow claimed that the DOD funded investigations there, although the money trail pointed to Bigelow Aerospace - which developed the BEAM inflatable module for the ISS with funding from NASA.

None of which has anything to do with any deities; a skinwalker isn't a "trickster god" but a vengeful shaman who can transform into an animal (usually a coyote).

Take it to whatever insane woo thread you have almost certainly created.

Last edited:
I thought Skinwalker Ranch was where they filmed Star Wars episodes 1-3... /aliens
Skinwalker Ranch is a restricted site in NE Utah that has been under investigation by government contractors since 2009, terrifying phenomena having been reported there since deep into the past. It's not so much about aliens as it is about a malevolent discarnate intelligence being in total control, including knowing what the investigators are thinking and planning. This is called a Trickster god by the natives.
zKC0aKr.png

Last edited:
Life could appear spontaneously without a creator sure, the whole universe though?
Imagine a world where children were first introduced to observations, critical thinking and scientific method, complete with explanations of the origins of the universe based on science, and only much, much later introduced to a thought experiment that it was all created by an invisible being which was in turn created by stone age humans.

Which would impress them more, the ambiguous (and clearly factually incorrect) writings of unqualified post-stone age authors who claimed their writings had been written by a "god", or the ideas and conclusions that have survived the rigors of examination which has become the very foundation of science.

Just because our forebears would have lynched anyone who explained the insignificance of their known "world", (or claimed that the sun and stars didn't revolve around the earth), doesn't mean they were right.

Edit: I accept that I can't prove that invisible gods don't exist, but based on how they are described, they would surely be able to prove that they DO exist. Yet they haven't. This is because "gods move in mysterious ways". Yeah, right, and about this bridge I have for sale...

Last edited:
Imagine a world where children were first introduced to observations, critical thinking and scientific method, complete with explanations of the origins of the universe based on science, and only much, much later introduced to a thought experiment that it was all created by an invisible being which was in turn created by stone age humans.

Which would impress them more, the ambiguous (and clearly factually incorrect) writings of unqualified post-stone age authors who claimed their writings had been written by a "god", or the ideas and conclusions that have survived the rigors of examination which has become the very foundation of science.

Just because our forebears would have lynched anyone who explained the insignificance of their known "world", (or claimed that the sun and stars didn't revolve around the earth), doesn't mean they were right.

Edit: I accept that I can't prove that invisible gods don't exist, but based on how they are described, they would surely be able to prove that they DO exist. Yet they haven't. This is because "gods move in mysterious ways". Yeah, right, and about this bridge I have for sale...
Agreed it is particularly cynical teaching religion to young children IMO, especially when the organisation wants to impose control, collect money, and is corrupted by the power it wields because of human frailty. There's is nothing spiritual about an old boys club / pyramid scheme that wants a free ride, and certainly does not practice what it preaches. At the highest level I believe these folks know they're running a scam, and that the systems they build are to subvert free will of the many for the gain of the few. Conversely at the lowest levels or within the followers I believe there is some altruism, so it's not all bad either. The thing is if you act out of fear of judgement is it as pure as acts done of your own volition?

Last edited:
Counterpoint: Toxic jealousy and possessiveness maybe isn't the greatest, but hey.

As an aside, I'm not sure what compels the bimbo to play with her hair so much.
She's clearly skipped the part of the bible about modesty in dress and behaviour, or women teaching for that matter...

She's clearly skipped the part of the bible about modesty in dress and behaviour, or women teaching for that matter...
She seems to have the lead us not into temptation thing down pat, though.

Last edited:

Interesting. If that is what they are comfortable with, more power to them.
This is an example of a couple that is immature and needs to grow. But instead of doing the hard thing - growing - they're bending their lives around their childishness. Some people manage to put off growing in certain ways for a long time. I know a particular 80 year old that has managed to never do it in some respects, and it finally caught up to him recently. It's not so much a problem that they view their relationship like children - possessive, jealous, untrusting. It's more a problem that they seem (at the moment) to be unwilling to face it, internalize it, and ultimately mature.

100 years ago, they might have been able to hold those immature feelings and thoughts to their graves. It might literally have been possible for a man to work with and interact with only men at the time, and for a woman to work with and interact with only women at the time, and they could have cradled themselves in this immaturity and never really formed a healthy understanding of relationships. They'd have missed out on things they couldn't imagine existed, but they'd never know it.

Today though? I don't think it's particularly feasible. Sure, if you're super isolated and stunted you can manage to pull it off - maybe join a cult that helps out. But if the goal is to interact at any healthy level in modern society, they'll have to come to terms with this at some point. And they'll be better off for it.

Last edited:
I must agree that there is a sense of "Why?...." to this.

But at the same time, they aren't being horrible for now.

I just hope that they do realize that this isn't the only answer.

Maybe some day.

We all do things that others see as foolish. This couple just happens to be advertising it. ;)

The trouble is when one proselytises one's worldview and intends everyone to follow, others may end up telling them to "go forth and multiply".

Last edited:

I wonder whether the passengers in other rows are as appreciative. Just saying...

slapped-abused.gif

Last edited:
I wonder whether the passengers in other rows are as appreciative. Just saying...

Annoying? yes.

Better than someone ritualistically burning a sacrificial item in the aisle of the aircraft? also, yes.

Last edited:
Back