Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,250 comments
Hope not, as that means that Lesnar carries the title till June or July-ish, when MITB takes place.
Oops...I forgot there wasn't one at WrestleMania anymore. Still, I see them forcing Reigns into the picture at the last second.

Enjoyed Raw, best bit for me was Goldberg putting himself on the list :lol:, his promo was much better too.

I don't think Goldberg's promos have been bad. He seems miles better at promos than he did during his first WWE run.

Eva
I don't think Goldberg's promos have been bad. He seems miles better at promos than he did during his first WWE run.
The only bad one he has done during this run was when he nearly concussed himself by headbutting the locker room door.

The actual action is OK tonight so far, but FFS would you all please SHUT...THE HELL...UP! I swear I've heard less BS spewed by politicians than anyone in WWE does. I understand telling a story, but it can be done within a match without having to rival a soap opera in script length.

Though with this 12 man tag match, action may turn for the worse.

So I'm off work next week, meaning i can actually stay up to watch a PPV on Sunday for the first time in a long time, what that famous Macho Man catchphrase??, OOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh YYyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :D:D:D

Interesting looking card too, its the first time ever that they have had three Women's matches on a PPV card.

So I'm off work next week, meaning i can actually stay up to watch a PPV on Sunday for the first time in a long time, what that famous Macho Man catchphrase??, OOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh YYyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :D:D:D

Interesting looking card too, its the first time ever that they have had three Women's matches on a PPV card.
I've booked the week after Wrestlemania off. Also booked the one after Summerslam but now I'm going away.

Time for a little throwback.

Does anybody remember Mr.McMahon's ECW World Title reign?

I wonder what would happen if this similar reign would to happen to let's say if Vince bought TNA and he decided to put the TNA world title in his waist for a month.

I really do hope at Fastlane it will be a callback to No Way Out 2004 where this time Brock Lesnar screws over Goldbergs title match. I really don't want another debacle of the main champion doing nothing except on a few PPVs.

More excited for Elimination Chamber, I think as long as Cena (because then Cena vs. Orton again) or AJ Styles (turn him face ALREADY) doesn't win, I'm good. Surprised Smackdown got 3 Women's matches with some actual interesting stories. Shows that Smackdown knows how to use their Women roster despite it being small compared to Raw who literally just rely on a single women story to carry the entire division.

Right then lovely people, just two weeks removed since the Royal Rumble we have another Pay-Per-View, its Smackdown's Elimination Chamber and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Mojo Rawley v Curt Hawkins

-----------------------------------------------------

Becky Lynch v Mickie James

Two-on-one Handicap Match
Apollo Crews & Kalisto v Dolph Ziggler

Natalya v Nikki Bella

Randy Orton v Luke Harper

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Tag Team Turmoil Match
American Alpha (c) v The Ascension v Heath Slater & Rhyno v The Vaudevillians v Breezango v The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v Naomi

WWE Championship-Elimination Chamber Match
John Cena (c) v Bray Wyatt v The Miz v Baron Corbin v Dean Ambrose v AJ Styles

Also a little bit of news this week, they have made some 'alterations' to the Chamber, don't know what they are but WWE tweeted that it will be 'all-new'.

Right then lovely people, just two weeks removed since the Royal Rumble we have another Pay-Per-View, its Smackdown's Elimination Chamber and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Mojo Rawley v Curt Hawkins

-----------------------------------------------------

Becky Lynch v Mickie James

Two-on-one Handicap Match
Apollo Crews & Kalisto v Dolph Ziggler

Natalya v Nikki Bella

Randy Orton v Luke Harper

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Tag Team Turmoil Match
American Alpha (c) v The Ascension v Heath Slater & Rhyno v The Vaudevillians v Breezango v The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v Naomi

WWE Championship-Elimination Chamber Match
John Cena (c) v Bray Wyatt v The Miz v Baron Corbin v Dean Ambrose v AJ Styles

Also a little bit of news this week, they have made some 'alterations' to the Chamber, don't know what they are but WWE tweeted that it will be 'all-new'.
Wonder if they added real bulletproof glass to the pods.

Eva
Or Goldberg kicking through it...

Or even Sheamus Brogue Kicking it to get to Randy Orton, too! Because that is completely plausible...

I do wonder just what will make this Chamber brand-new. Blue metal bars? Six - sided ring?

...oh wait, someone else had the latter already, never mind. :lol:

Square Chamber, or raised pods/ring? Not really much I can think of, maybe they'll blow our minds.

Edit:

Nailed it on the square sides :lol:

Last edited:
Watching the Kick-off show, it is indeed a square chamber with the WWE logo in the roof, looks OK...

I do prefer the old model mainly because this structure simply looks like a Black Hell in a Cell.

However I can live with it.

The old one was old though wasn't it? thinking about it it was a good time to change it...

The old one was old though wasn't it? thinking about it it was a good time to change it...
I think the only outdated problem was the "bulletproof" glass which lets be honest were horrible :lol:. I don't think there was anything wrong with the structure itself.

Will be logging off here once the show starts, who's that Sam Roberts whose in the panel?? never heard of him...

I can't imagine they'd like me watching it on the network at work when I should be on the phone, but I tend to read the results.

Predictions from me, everyone saying that Cena will lose the title from Wyatt after the leak a few weeks ago, so ill go along and say Cena won't be champ after tonight, cant see either of the other titles changing hands, think Lynch v James will be a good match, rest of the card is just filler.

@m8h3r this is the first time I'm able to watch a PPV live in months!

Another reaspn Cena likely won't win is because he just had a match with Randy Orton. Be weird if Cena was meant to face Orton at Wrestlemania if he just faced him at Smackdown.

Watching the Kick-off show, it is indeed a square chamber with the WWE logo in the roof, looks OK...
Ehh... the chamber was unique, the circular perimeter something not used in pro wrestling. Though I imagine with it's sheer size they got tired of having to move the barriers around any more. Is it at least on level with the mat still? Or has it become a bloated, unbreakable re-hash of the cell.
I want to say it's over 10 years old. I believe Bischoff was the one who announced it, so it was old but it still worked for intimidation and awe. The only reasons I see to change it were 1) it didn't match the rest of the company's equipment (OMG, this round thing just does NOT fit in with all the square decor) and/or 2) they decided do force their branding into the design, so that's what they started with.

Back