Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,252 comments
Renee Young has tested positive, which obviously affected Jon Moxley being pulled from AEW last night.

This clearly asks the question as to why they continued production and not stopped after Wrestlemania.

Tessa Blanchard has been released by Impact and stripped of her World Championship, its because of a breakdown in the relationship between the two, Tessa is currently living in Mexico with her soon-to-be husband and Impact asked her to record some promos to be used on the June 1st show but she refused, her contract was up after Slammiversary anyway and apparently she was holding the title hostage and acting like a 'compete bitch', Impact decided to cut ties.

As of this morning 30 people have tested positive at WWE which is more than first thought, this includes Renee Young, Kayla Braxton, Adam Pearce and Jamie Noble.

There have been some changes to tonight's Smackdown because, it was scheduled that AJ Styles was going to defend his IC title v Drew Gulak but now they will re-show the Boneyard match from Wrestlemania as a sort of tribute to the Undertaker.

I don't think it's worth watching now... I did enjoy the Boneyard match, but if they are going to resort to reruns like before, I'm going to skip it.

They showed the Boneyard match pretty much from the start of the show, they also had highlights from his debut at Survivor Series in 1990, and a pretty brilliant video package with a few mini packages throughout the show.

There was some regular action, Baron Corbin came out and slated taker to which Jeff Hardy attacked Corbin and they had a match which was the main event, Strowman responded to Bray Wyatt's video last week and hinted to some sort of cinematic match between the two at Extreme Rules, Nikki Cross will challenge Bayley for the SD women's title at ER after she won a fatal four way. Extreme Rules is now called 'Extreme Rules: The Horror Show' !!

Velveteen Dream was involved in a car accident yesterday, he is OK and has been released from hospital, there has been some talk about his future and that 'his days are numbered' after accusations of inappropriate conduct with minors has surfaced, in slightly related news WWE have released El Ligero, Travis Banks and Jack Gallagher over the #speakingout allegations, there have been a lot of allegations towards Travis Banks.

Raw last night was OK but nothing special.

They had a double contract signing to start with Asuka and Sasha Banks for their title match and Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler for their title match and it led to a tag team main event between the four of them.

The Rey Mysterio and Seth Rollins storyline continues and its still the best thing on the show right now, R-Truth regained his 24/7 title (he has now won it 37 times!) Ric Flair was back on the show and I'm astounded that after their problems with Covid in the last week that they let a 71-year old man be on the show!

Also I think its quite apt that they have called Extreme Rules 'The Horror Show' considering that's exactly what the WWE have been like since the pandemic...

Smackdown last night, the first hour was great, the second not so much.

The show started with Matt Riddle having an interview with Michael Cole and then Baron Corbin interrupted, Corbin then introduced John Morrison who had a great match with Riddle, We then had the Intercontinental title match between AJ Styles and Drew Gulak and that was a really good match, Styles retained as expected but Gulak looked good.

The second hour had Bayley v Alexa Bliss which went to a DQ after Cross and Banks got involved, Nakamura beat Kofi Kingston, Braun Strowman will defend his Universal title against Bray Wyatt at ER in a 'Wyatt Swamp Match', it will be a cinematic match and the idea is during this storyline between Braun and Bray is to have three faces of Bray. We Had Firefly Funhouse Bray at MITB and this will be the older Wyatt Family Bray.

The main event segment last night was Sheamus 'toasting' Jeff Hardy which wasn't great, mostly because Sheamus wasn't actually there and he somewhere via skype. Next week will be a tag title match between New Day and Nakamura/Cesaro, on Raw will have Asuka v Bayley in a champion v champion match.

Quite a bit of WWE news today.

Rey Mysterio is currently working without a contract, Rey recently asked for a raise but Vince said no because its a bad time right now what with all the releases recently, Rey is currently working a program involving Seth Rollins and Rey's son Dominick.

The United States title belt has been given a re-design (long overdue IMO!), we will see the new belt on Raw tonight.

Summerslam looks set to be held at the Performance Center, WWE had hoped that they could stage it at its original location which was Boston with a crowd but obviously a bit too soon for that, this news is only reported and WWE haven't announced it yet but you get the feeling its coming, maybe Survivor Series might be a good bet to have with a crowd.

Former WWE performer Sarah Logan has announced that she is pregnant, she might not be at WWE anymore but her husband is Erik of the Viking Raiders, congrats to them both!

The United States title belt has been given a re-design (long overdue IMO!), we will see the new belt on Raw tonight.
Given how long it's taken them to do this, I was wondering if they were planning to just retire the US title and introduce a new belt in its place. This also means there are no more titles with nameplates on them, not that they've bothered to actually engrave any nameplates for it in the last 5 or 6 years.

In fact, looking at Apollo Crews' picture on his bio page... low resolution aside, man that belt looks ragged. If they didn't replace it now it'd probably fall apart before the year was out.

Last edited:
And out of nowhere we seem to be getting Heath (yes, the one that was fired) Vs. Drew! :eek:

Edit:
EcSY15bVAAAW8Dn

Last edited:
Quite a nice looking belt I think.

I don't know if Heath Slater is back permanently or just a one off but I'm assuming its just a one off, Dolph brought him back to try and get in Drew's head but it didn't work, Drew and Heath had a match but it lasted less than thirty seconds!

Really enjoyed the main event between Asuka and Bayley, Bayley and Sasha have been killing it lately.

Rey Mysterio and Seth Rollins will have an 'eye for an eye' match at Extreme Rules, whatever that is.

Quite a nice looking belt I think.

I don't know if Heath Slater is back permanently or just a one off but I'm assuming its just a one off, Dolph brought him back to try and get in Drew's head but it didn't work, Drew and Heath had a match but it lasted less than thirty seconds!

Really enjoyed the main event between Asuka and Bayley, Bayley and Sasha have been killing it lately.

Rey Mysterio and Seth Rollins will have an 'eye for an eye' match at Extreme Rules, whatever that is.
Just a one off. Supposed to be at Slammiversary for Impact on the 18th

No, it's just one-off, he's aparently going somewhere else at July 18th, he's even teasing it like crazy :D

Also, don't know if it was the right thing to unveil a new us title considering how USA is right now, but man, it looks beautiful! :D At least, it shows WWE is not playing politics now! :D

Keith Lee is the new NXT Champion after beating Adam Cole in a great Champion v Champion match on NXT last night. He is still also the North American Champion.

Had a feeling Lee was going to win as it seems like his time, Cole was a superb Champion and indeed the longest reigning NXT Champion holding the title for 404 days.

Missed out on SmackDown last night, I was helping my parents sell our old trailer. I did see some of the highlights on YouTube, just another normal show IMO.

I, for one, am shocked that a man literally named EVIL would turn on his bros. In short: EVIL wins the 2020 New Japan Cup, defects to Bullet Club, defeats Naito to win the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships for the first time.

...also still technically a third of the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Titles alongside his LIJ teammates BUSHI and Shingo Takagi. Not that those titles are remembered much nowdays despite only being 4 years old.

Shayna Baszler and Bianca Belair were both back on Raw last night.

And that's it, that's basically the news from last night! It was an Okay show and the main event Women's tag team title match was really good but overall the show was pretty average.

I have read that they are using CGI for the eye-pulling in the Eye for an Eye match between Rey and Seth, which just sounds weird.

Charlotte Flair took to Twitter on Sunday to explain her absence, one of her breast implants leaked and she needed minor surgery to correct it, she said she will be back when she is ready, it was reported that she wont return until Royal Rumble but knowing WWE she'll be back by Summerslam!

Are Baszler and Belair officially on RAW now? I haven't heard anything about them moving to the main roster.

Are Baszler and Belair officially on RAW now? I haven't heard anything about them moving to the main roster.
They were called up after the Royal Rumble

Its Extreme Rules tonight (or the Horror Show at Extreme Rules) here is the card.

Kick-Off Show.

-----------------------------------

United States Championship

Apollo Crews (c) v MVP

Raw Women's Championship
Asuka (c) v Sasha Banks

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Nikki Cross

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Tables Match.
The New Day (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro

Eye For And Eye Match
Rey Mysterio v Seth Rollins

Wyatt Swamp Fight.
Braun Strowman v Bray Wyatt

WWE Championship-Dolph Ziggler picks the stipulation
Drew McIntyre (c) v Dolph Ziggler

Don't know if I will watch this live as I have work in the morning.

I thought that the Wyatt Swamp Fight was for Braun's Universal title, but its non-title.

Hilarious in all the wrong ways, match itself would've been better as an unsanctioned one with the eye bit as the ending

To be perfectly honest, it was a trainwreck. The only good match was McIntyre/Ziggler. The Swamp match was interesting, but not as good as the Boneyard.

Didn't see it since I was assembling my new bike, but for what I saw... Vince, just give both Sasha and Bailey all the current belts, the old and upcoming too lol

So I couldn't watch the whole show live as i had to get up at 7am for work this morning to i watched it until after the Asuka/Banks match and before the final two matches, I have just caught up.

The whole show was quite strange, mostly because of the weird finishes to the matches, The fake eye-ball from Mysterio and having Seth 'puke' and there was supposed to be CGI involved that match but Vince clearly didn't like it or the idea of it so they went with that instead, when Seth and Rey actually wrestled it was great but the whole match had a weird vibe about it and having Mike Rome announce the match so causally beforehand like it was a regular match was funny.

The finish to the Asuka/Sasha Banks match, I mean there is no way there are going to let that result stand right?! A Wrestler cant just walk in mid-match put on the refs shirt and count to three! The match was great but the finish was stupid and confusing.

Didn't get the Swamp Fight at all and it was a bit disappointing, having Alexa involved was cool but overall I don't really get what they were trying to achieve there, in the WWE title match having Extreme Rules for Dolph only was pretty clever but i think we all knew that Drew would prevail and he is being booked so strong right now. Happy that Nakamura and Cesaro are new tag champs and its freshens things up on Smackdown and the finish was pretty good! I don't know what is up with Apollo or whether he is genuinely hurt/ill or not but not having a match for the US title when it was advertised and putting great talents Kevin Owens and Murphy on the pre-show instead is pretty scandalous.

So overall it wasn't great!

Looks like Kairi Sane will make her final WWE appearance on Raw tonight, She plans to live full time in Japan so maybe she didn't settle in the States, we first saw her in the first Mae Young Classic which she won beating Shayna Baszler in the final, she won the Women's tag titles twice with Asuka, i think she will be missed as she was quite fun.

Also on Raw tonight is the unsanctioned match between Orton and Big Show plus Seth Rollins v Aleister Black.

Back