Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,241 comments
Also Jordan Myles has quit WWE, to the surprise to no-one after the way he was treated.

Considering what has come out since the initial claim, I have a hard time placing all the blame on WWE for that mess. He supposedly gave the OK on the shirt and came up with the ring name himself. I know he went after some other non-WWE wrestlers but can't recall who (I want to say it was Jay Lethal).

The Fiend Bray Wyatt will face Daniel Bryan for the Universal title at Survivor Series, the Universal title is now Blue.

That's the only real news from Smackdown on Friday, which had its lowest ratings since moving to Fox, which is no surprise as the opening segment was so bad!

Bash at the Beach is returning, although it won't actually be on a beach.

Still nice to see a well known event name return for more than a glorified house show.

the Universal title is now Blue.
I was wondering if that would happen. Didn't make a lit of sense for the red belt to be on the blue brand, after all.

Bash at the Beach is returning, although it won't actually be on a beach.

Still nice to see a well known event name return for more than a glorified house show.

Huh, I would have thought WWE owned the rights to that name. I guess they didn't bother to trademark it like with some other WCW names.

Also, respect to AEW for blatantly poking the bear by using it. I wonder if we'll be seeing them do Spring Stampede or Superbrawl in a few months too.

So Raw was good but a bit frustrating.

There were two matches on the card that had potential to be great and it didn't quite happen, first off was Seth Rollins v Andrade and when you look at the two of them you would think they would have an unbelievable match and it was a pretty good match but before it got to the next level some Smackdown superstars got involved and caused a DQ, another disappointing thing about this was the superstars that were chosen to cause a DQ, it was the Lucha House Party...I mean come on! As if they don't have bigger names than that on the Blue side.

The second match was Kevin Owens v Drew McIntyre and they were having a great match before Triple H came down with a few NXT guys and tried to recruit KO like he did with Rollins a fortnight ago, then KO got attacked from behind by Undisputed Era, the show went of the air later on with a huge chaotic mass brawl involving Raw, Smackdown and NXT guys.

Also Lesnar v Mysterio's title match on Sunday is now No DQ and Samoa Joe was on Raw commentary all night and was actually really good, he is recovering from surgery on his right wrist and WWE have been putting him and the Backstage show and the PPV pre-show panels whilst he heals up.

It sounds like Cornette went a little too throwback on the latest episode of Powerrr and made a joke that was not only lame but also racist.

How that made it through the editing process is a question that needs answering as well.

Seth Rollins called CM Punk a coward on Twitter, after Punk said that he needs to be better on social media on Backstage last night.

If all this is storyline and is building up to something between the two of them then great, but if not then Seth is SO bad on Twitter that he just needs to stop tweeting for his sake.

NXT was wild last night with superstars from Raw and Smackdown, the show started with Becky Lynch!

Big weekend for WWE starts tonight with Smackdown, then Takeover Wargames, Survivor Series and then Raw all taking place from Allstate Arena in Chicago.

NXT managed to beat AEW for the first time the Wednesday night wars, only by 23,000 though but WWE will still be happy with that.

WWE has unveiled a new IC title belt. The outgoing one is one of my favorite belt designs of all time, but the new one isn't half-bad. It reminds me of the designs we see with the NXT belts, which have a nice mix of old and new influences.

Enjoyed Smackdown last night and I think WWE have done a great job in recent weeks to build both War Games and Survivor Series, Both have been built strong and I cant wait to watch them both. I'm a little unsure about the new Intercontinental title, it does look good but I don't like WWE changing titles all the time.

Here is the card for NXT Takeover War Games tonight.

Pre-show

Isaiah 'Swerve' Scott v Angel Garza

----------------------------------------------
Triple Threat Match
Pete Dunne v Damian Priest v Killian Dain
Winner faces NXT Champion Adam Cole at Survivor Series

Finn Balor v Matt Riddle

Women's War Games Match
Rhea Ripley (captain), Tegan Nox, Mia Yim and Candice La Rae v Shayna Baszler (captain), Io Shirai, Bianca Belair and Kay Lee Ray.

Men's War Games Match
Adam Cole (captain), Roderick Strong, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly v Tommaso Ciampa (captain), Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic and TBA.

Did you know she is a real dentist? :P

oF5jOtO.jpg

I'm still recovering from that show, I mean Jesus Christ it was incredible!!

The Dakota Kai heel turn from outta nowhere.
Io Shirai's moon-sault of the top of the cage.
Rhea Ripley pinning the NXT Women's champion in the middle of the ring.
Dunne winning an amazing match to face Cole for the title tomorrow.
Balor beating Riddle in an amazing match.
Kevin Owens returning to NXT.
One of the most brutal finishes to a match I have ever seen, that could have easily have gone horribly wrong!

NXT continues to be the benchmark in WWE and continues to raise the bar.

Hot on the heels of an amazing Takeover comes Survivor Series, here is the card for tonight.

Kick-Off Show

---------------------------------------------------------

United States Champion AJ Styles v NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong v Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.

Raw Tag Team Champions Viking Raiders v Smackdown Tag Team Champions The New Day v NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era.

Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch v Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley v NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler.

NXT Championship
Adam Cole (c) v Pete Dunne.

Women's 5-5 Triple Threat Elimination Match.
Sasha Banks (capt), Carmella, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans & Nikki Cross v Charlotte (capt), Asuka, Kairi Sane, Natalya, & Sarah Logan v Rhea Ripley (capt), Toni Storm, Io Shirai, Candice LaRae & Bianca Belair.

Men's 5-5 Triple Threat Elimination Match.
Seth Rollins (capt), Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre & Ricochet v Roman Reigns (capt), Shorty G, King Baron Corbin, Mustafa Ali, & Braun Strowman v five NXT superstars to be announced.

Universal Championship
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt (c) v Daniel Bryan

WWE Championship-No Holds Barred Match
Brock Lesnar (c) v Rey Mysterio

No Kick-Off Show match announced yet.

Shawn Michaels will announce the NXT Men's team on the Kick-Off show.

The NXT Women's team was announced after Takeover last night.

Right the pre-show is on and three bits of news for you.

Firstly the men's NXT team is Walter, Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, Matt Riddle and Damian Priest.

Secondly Becky v Shayna v Bayley will start the show.

Thirdly the pre-show match is a triple threat match for the Cruiserweight title between Lio Rush, Akira Tozawa and Kalisto, which is on now!

Err Actually its a tag team battle royal match on now!!

It really feels like WWE is just using tonight as one big advertisement for NXT and I’m loving it! Even when they haven’t won they’ve been booked very strong.

Edit: Women’s champs are main eventing! Guessing something will happen at the end.

Last edited:
It really feels like WWE is just using tonight as one big advertisement for NXT and I’m loving it! Even when they haven’t won they’ve been booked very strong.

Edit: Women’s champs are main eventing! Guessing something will happen at the end.
CM Punk returning confirmed!! xDD

Or better else...
Aj Lee!!

Back