Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Big show returned to help Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens betting he’ll turn heel on them if he stays long.

Andrade vs Rey Mysterio's match was amazing, but the ending was awful.

I'm just tired of Zelina Vega you know. She ruins everything.

I don't mind Brock in the rumble match....as long as he doesn't win!

I think that if he is to be eliminated from the match then that would set up his Mania match, by facing the person who eliminated him. Haven't seen all of Raw just the first hour and a little bit so far, the Andrade-Rey match was great but the ending was confusing.

Kevin Nash posted a couple Tweets that explain quite a bit about his career. It's crazy what these people put their bodies through just to provide us with entertainment.

Language and Kevin in his underwear warning

Also, DDP will take part in an 8-man tag next week on AEW!

Edit:
It's Alex Shelley, the Time Splitters are back together!

Edit:
It's Alex Shelley, the Time Splitters are back together!

Well this is out of left field. Shame that Chris Sabin seems to have quietly called it quits in-ring, last documented match of his on Cagematch was about a year ago.

Smackdown is about to start and a reminder that NXT UK Takeover Blackpool is tomorrow night, I wont post the card as its has already been posted and I cant watch it live but will try to watch it next week.

NXT UK Takeover is actually on tomorrow not today, apologies.

Smackdown was good last night, Roman Reigns v Baron Corbin has been made for Royal Rumble and both will be in the Rumble match too. John Morrison will make his in-ring return when he faces Big E next week.

Last edited:
Tessa Blanchard is the new Impact Wrestling World Champion. Oh boy this is gonna be fun.

Also, mild tweak to the X-Division Championship and I kinda like it.

I don't watch Impact and haven't done for years but I'm happy for Tessa and it is a big and bold move from TNA.

I'm going to bet that there'll be a 4-Man tag match at Royal Rumble with Roman Reigns, The Usos and Black against King Corbin, Roode, Ziggler and Murphy.

Good Raw last night, The Brock/Heyman/Truth segment was Gold and a contender for segment of the year already, Buddy Murphy has joined Rollins and AOP which I'm fully on board with, Kevin Owens dive off the stage was brilliant.

Two bits of news today, the first one is pretty big!

All Elite Wrestling have announced a contract extension with Warner Media which runs until 2023, in addition AEW will have a second show to go alongside Dynamite, this is big because it means Warner and TNT are in it with AEW for the long haul, plus Meltzer is reporting that the deal is worth $175 million.

Secondly Triple H has apologised to Paige after making a crass 'joke' about her whilst doing media duties to promote the Takeover Show at the weekend, he was doing an interview with Inside the Ropes and he was asked about Edge and Paige possibly entering the Rumble matches and Triple H went on to say that Paige 'probably has kids she doesn't know of', which obviously hints at her sexual history and the now infamous sex tape leaks, it was a comment that didn't need to be made and it probably would've been fine if he was back in the Cliq with his buddies back in the 90's but not when he is one of the bosses of a major corporation. He publicly apologised to Paige on Twitter.

Very sad to hear about Rocky Johnson's passing, he was The Rock's father and an excellent tag team wrestler.

Smackdown was interesting on Friday as some Royal Rumble stuff happened, firstly the universal title match between the Fiend and Daniel Bryan is now a strap match which is very random, it came about after Bryan attacked the Fiend from behind after an assist from Kane who made an appearance, Bryan later challenged Fiend to a strap match which is now happening

Shorty G v Sheamus has been made for the Rumble which can easily happen on Smackdown also Roman Reigns had a tables match v Bobby Roode and the winner picked the stipulation for the Reigns-Corbin match at The Rumble, Reigns won with some help from the Usos after he was attacked by Ziggler and Corbin and his match with Corbin is now falls count anywhere.

Raw tonight has Brock Lesnar (three Raw shows in a row must be a record for him!) plus a ladder match for the US title between Andrade and Rey Mysterio and a mixed tag match between Rusev/Liv Morgan and Lana/Lashley.

Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy are new Raw tag team champions.

Not much other news from the show last night.

Couple of bits of NXT news.

Firstly Keith Lee is the new North American champion after beating Roddy Strong last night.

Secondly the Royal Rumble is this Sunday and there isn't a Takeover show on Saturday, instead there is a World Collide event in which its NXT v NXT UK, one of the matches is Undisputed Era v Imperium, there is a Takeover show on February 16th in Portland.

Hmmm. Rumble time again. Kane is rumored to be in, Cena hasn't been in a ring for a while and good or bad the pop would be huge, who else would be cool to see...how about Lance Storm, D-Von, and either JBL or Ron Simmons, or both. Wonder who from NXT will pop up.

I have very low expectations for the Rumble. I don't mind if McIntyre doesn't win (my personal favourite), I just hope Roman Reigns doesn't win either.

My only real want this year (besides a Tatanka or Gangrel cameo appearance) is for the inevitable "miracle save" spots to be more organic in nature (see 2019 with Kacy Cantanzaro as a positive example on how to do it). Not gonna name names *coughcoughNaomicoughcough*

Here is the card for the Worlds Collide show tonight.

Kay Lee Ray v Mia Yim

DIY v Moustache Mountain

Finn Balor v Ilja Dragunov

NXT Cruiserweight Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Angel Garza (c) v Isaiah 'Swerve' Scott v Travis Banks v Jordan Devlin

NXT Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) v Toni Storm

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
Undisputed Era v Imperium

The road to Wrestlemania starts tonight with the Royal Rumble, here is the card.

Kick-off Show

--------------------------------------------

Sheamus v Shorty G

United States Championship
Andrade (c) v Humberto Carillo

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Roman Reigns v King Corbin

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Lacey Evans

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Asuka

Universal Championship-Strap Match
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt (c) v Daniel Bryan

Women's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Participants:

Charlotte Flair, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Natalya, Sarah Logan, Carmella, Alexa Bliss.

Men's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Participants:

Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, King Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Shinsuke Nakamura, Braun Strowman, Kofi Kingston, Big E, The Miz, John Morrison, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Elias, Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre, Otis, Tucker, Rusev, Bobby Lashley, Buddy Murphy, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe.

No Kick-off show match announced yet.

I typed this up from WWE.com if you want to check it out yourself.

Heads up for those who like surprise entrants in the Rumble: Due to how the hotel by Minute Maid Park faces the Titantron, the surprises for the Women's Rumble were inadvertently broadcast during rehearsals last night. Possible surprise in the Men's Rumble leaked too, if r/squaredcircle is any indication.

Last edited:
Kick-off show is on, Shorty G v Sheamus has been moved to it, which makes sense.

I watched the Worlds Collide show just now, great show with DIY-Moustache Mountain and Undisputed Era-Imperium the stand-out matches. 👍

Edit, US title match between Andrade and Carillo also on the pre-show.

Last edited:
Back