Drag Racing Confirmed

  • Thread starter Thread starter The359
  • 339 comments
  • 23,678 views
scince other release dates only stayed posted on web sites for a month
but this one has been hanging around for quite a while
 
Yep the sites say November and Sony said November at E3, thats as official as it gets when the publisher and producer both give a date.
 
i was just looking at gametalk and i found an article touching the subject of drag racing in gt4. it said all cars in gt2 will be in gt4 so the 2 drag cars could be in the game.. i say it's a 50/50 or it could all be BS
 
Almost every post you make you post twice. Try to use the edit button and have just one post.
 
nemesisj18
i was just looking at gametalk and i found an article touching the subject of drag racing in gt4. it said all cars in gt2 will be in gt4 so the 2 drag cars could be in the game.. i say it's a 50/50 or it could all be BS
I hope that's true.
 
the thing about the gt series is that it's a great game infact its the best game in the world but the wait is unbearable
 
This new feature sounds like a lot of fun. Now, I can't wait to try some drag racing in a GT title. The quality of the graphics is amazing.
 
Can't wait any longer. Only problem with November is that I'm going to be in school, and I'm going to get a teacher who, from what I've heard, assigns TONS of homework (and sometimes doesn't give you credit when she forgets to record it in the gradebook, ruined my friends 4.0 because she felt "lazy" at the time and left a zero for a presentation she remembered saying deserved an A, barely passed the class with a C because of it :scared: :scared:

Looks like I won't have much free time to play GT4 until the end of December :mad:
 
Drag racing is gonna be great online. Its just adds to the variety of gameplay gt4 will have. LoL, if they throw in a few nascars it will have something for everyone. But.. if they include the monte-carlo people could make up their own nascar.. but its late ... i'm just talking gibberish
 
98cobra
I'm going to freeze myself until November. :dopey:

i've often thought of that :)
too bad it doesn't exist :grumpy:


CHEVELLE screw your teacher thats what im planning on doing come november. HOMEWORK...WHAT HOMEWORK? :sly:
 
nemesisj18: You've double posted no less than 5 times in the past 3 pages - quit it. If you think of something you'd like to add, use the Edit button.

Some nice shots, I find them utterly uninteresting, you won't see me online in the world of Drag Racing and I doubt I'll enjoy it too much in the normal game. I don't know how you can say things look real when they're so obviously rendered and too 'perfect'. I've also been a bit surprised at how ugly and jagged some of the cars in the close ups have looked.
 
Eagle, we don't have anything else to say, render or not that's all we have of Gran Turismo 4, any new information for us is the best we got until the game actually releases. :)

I agree that the closeups are jagged, but it's not like that's where were going to spend 99.9% of our time, were gonna spend it racing, feeling, tuning the cars, oh and taking photos. :p
 
nemesisj18
CHEVELLE screw your teacher thats what im planning on doing come november. HOMEWORK...WHAT HOMEWORK?

Ah man, wish I could say that, but I'm sure I can find some way around it...I have before (It's just that I'm sitting here doing nothing but waiting for GT4 to come out right know, and that I need good grades to play my PS2, and this teacher's known for screwing with grades. Wait, we're getting a new principal this year, and there's many complaits by both students and parents about this teacher, maybe, just maybe, we could get her fired before November :sly: ).
 
Well this may show us that the the will take longer to beat that the other versions of GT
:)
 
nemesisj18
i've often thought of that :)
too bad it doesn't exist :grumpy:


CHEVELLE screw your teacher thats what im planning on doing come november. HOMEWORK...WHAT HOMEWORK? :sly:

Im thinking more down the lines of induced coma.
 
nemesisj18
screw your teacher thats what im planning on doing come november.

There's my nomination for Quote of the Month.
 
Do you realize that screwing your teacher will just get you on the front of some perverted-only magazine?

Can we please discuss the main topic now?
 
Drag racing was so much fun in the sega gt series.... I can only imagine how much better its gonna be i GT4. Getting those mopars out there and tearin it up... YUM :cool:
 
Nice pics everyone!! Good finds.. Nice work by Jordan to uplaod them right away 👍 👍
 
That Saleen S7 looks incredible. It is one of the cars I am most looking forward too.
 
bruddahmanmatt
Either that's one busted ass SSR or that straight is a hell of a lot longer than a 1/4 of a mile. 25.75 secs for a 1/4 mile run?

102574_1090510003.jpg


Of course not, Its most likely the 1000m. Im wondering if its just 0-400M and 0-1000M.

Great pictures 👍 great find!
 
I guess drag race cars will have to learn how to make turns... I wouldn't be surprised if that track is a stop for American car championships. And I mean, why not? What muscle car lover wouldn't love to crush a "rice rocket" in Sin City? I mean, either Pomona drag racing or Vegas street drags? Pick one.

Now I'm REALLY going to enjoy GT4. Maybe I can tune a GT-One with a Stage 4 and see if I have a xx-second car.
 
Back