EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,871 comments
Not one to complain but @PJTierney is there any chance we could some day change the co-driver flag, having your Irish mates name have a Union Jack next to it doesn’t go down well 🤣
My in game incarnation of Howard Davies would like his Welsh Flag too!

460445_64721go-IMG_0754.JPG

RAC Rally started today. Giving me the feeling of trying some more of these lovelies in game.

Great little video from one of the first stages.

Highlight's being - A whole armada of MK II's including Oliver Solberg in his dads Viking Motorsport prepped (Phil Mills) MK2, Kris Meeke and Osian Pryce some of the other top MKII's, Tuthill/Prevot Porsche, Lovely little orange Mexico MKI #131, Ascona 400, Ingram TR7 V8, 240Z, Volvo Pv 544, Anglia, Corolla TE37, Prodrive Legacy, Celica Twin Cam T.

(There's a lot more interesting entries that weren't featured in this video aswell) - Fulvia, Guilietta, Avenger's, Marina, Starion's, Cortina's Etc.

And especially for @doblocruiser Have a look (and listen) at 1:14!!! 😈

Last edited:
That sounded Indeed brutal 😍 I am actually a real Peugeot fan but I simply keep driving the Stratos in the game 🤨 What's wrong with me....🫣
I've yet to drive the Stratos, probably because the option to use it in the career is limited as it's difficult for me to participate in a third championship alongside the two required by the benefactor until I max out my garage and engineer roster. Hope it shows up in a Moment soon or I find time to join the Stratos club.

I've yet to drive the Stratos, probably because the option to use it in the career is limited as it's difficult for me to participate in a third championship alongside the two required by the benefactor until I max out my garage and engineer roster. Hope it shows up in a Moment soon or I find time to join the Stratos club.
Don't worry about it ✌️

@PJTierney I was wondering if we'll see some more surface variation? I've been running Monte with a big smile on my face but the weather conditions don't really influence the track surface. I kinda hoped when running snowy conditions, there would actually be snow on the road higher up and not just ice. Currently it Is the same no matter if you run dry or snowy conditions. Is this something you're looking into, to bring a little surface variation ?

Last edited:
A question to all you PC users:
Does the steam version of WRC require the EA Play app to be installed in order to play the game?

A question to all you PC users:
Does the steam version of WRC require the EA Play app to be installed in order to play the game?
No, you just need an EA account.

However I have Xbox gamepass which supposedly includes EA Play, but even after linking my ea/steam/xbox accounts I don't get access to the EA play Moments. I guess that kinda "cheating". :lol:

However I have Xbox gamepass which supposedly includes EA Play, but even after linking my ea/steam/xbox accounts I don't get access to the EA play Moments. I guess that kinda "cheating". :lol:
Thank you.
My google-fu sucks and couldn't find a clear answer.
Time to migrate the old rig to pc then, due to running out of PSplus and Sony increasing their subscription prices to all hell.

I did the latest moments challenge earlier, the wet one in Japan.

The grip levels were still a bit too strong for wet tarmac even though it was quite nice in hairpins to get a bit of a slide. They ought to make this the default dry behaviour, just make it a dry track but retain the 'wet' grip physics. Then just make actual wet tarmac a bit slippery than this but not as slippy as ice or snow

Yes, Thankfully no background use of the EA app isn't needed. Unlike FIFA and Madden on Steam which still require it. I really hope EA stop this for all their games released on Steam in the future. I'm perfectly happy to sign in to my EA account to play the game... Surely that's enough? Instead of running 2 launchers for one game???...

Ok, Rant over ☺️

Last edited:
Having a weird new issue today...I was trying to recreate some of the winter-y looking conditions found on the RAC rally over the past few days but seemingly all my seasons are glitched. I was creating custom championships in Quick Play mode, so from I what recall this should have worked?

I tried to run Chile, Estonia, Finland, Portugal (you get the picture) in their 'winter' mode in the H3 RWD class but they just looked like normal summer conditions.

Has anyone else had this?

Chile looks great with little pockets of snow and the bare trees....could easily be Kielder Forest to the point where I double checked if the location was right. Haven't tried the others. Some of the stage was snowy and some of it wasn't, maybe just keep driving a bit.

Having a weird new issue today...I was trying to recreate some of the winter-y looking conditions found on the RAC rally over the past few days but seemingly all my seasons are glitched. I was creating custom championships in Quick Play mode, so from I what recall this should have worked?

I tried to run Chile, Estonia, Finland, Portugal (you get the picture) in their 'winter' mode in the H3 RWD class but they just looked like normal summer conditions.

Has anyone else had this?

Chile should look like this in Winter with the snow weather selected.

b3f7f315-b28e-42b9-b7a7-a29d4e3055b6.png

Last edited:
It's definitely not looking like that for me. I've had it working properly before, so I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong.

I tried changing car class to see if it was tied into that but still getting the same results. Japan is also doing the same thing for me and just looking like summer. Something's definitely not right. I'm just not sure how to fix it!

Now the game is performing acceptably I completed my first season in Career, It was enjoyable overall. I won the first 3 Junior WRC rounds (Obviously as the AI is bugged) so I didn't enter the final 2 rounds as I had mathematically won the championship already to increase my car/team mate/engineer budgets instead. Sadly perhaps with this and the fact I messed up the historic series Max wanted me to complete as a lower requirement I'm stuck in JWRC for another season...

Last edited:
It's definitely not looking like that for me. I've had it working properly before, so I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong.

I tried changing car class to see if it was tied into that but still getting the same results. Japan is also doing the same thing for me and just looking like summer. Something's definitely not right. I'm just not sure how to fix it!
Try setting the weather to snow as I did a rally in Portugal in winter and the only time snow appeared was when the weather was showing now instead of clear.

Back