EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
Level 9 accomplished... Nice shiny suit obtained :D

20240211_200420.jpg

I personally haven't felt any changes on my end. After the update I went straight into the GTP club event in the 1600's and everything felt great like usual. Steam/Dualshock 4

I personally haven't felt any changes on my end. After the update I went straight into the GTP club event in the 1600's and everything felt great like usual. Steam/Dualshock 4
From what I saw it was PS5 specific, dualsense, haptics and adaptive triggers.
But I won't comment further as I've learned now that it is an invalid observation and patch notes are called patch notes cause they note the patch details as notes.

From what I saw it was PS5 specific, dualsense, haptics and adaptive triggers.
But I won't comment further as I've learned now that it is an invalid observation and patch notes are called patch notes cause they note the patch details as notes.
Come on, Don't take it personally. PJ stated clearly that to the best of his knowledge no changes were made, But he was continually questioned about it. I can kind of understand his frustration. He has been good to GTP especially the DiRT Rally/2 community and now this WRC one, Coming here of his own accord to assist and help us. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it. 👍

For what it's worth, it could have been an undocumented change, or a side-effect of another change (my guess: audio).

I saw no mention of improved haptics until after the patch went live and players discovered it.

Related, there's a bug on PS5 in which vibration cannot be disabled.

Last edited:
Sounds promising, going to try the same stages I played last week and do a comparison.
Tried the latest patch on PS5.
There is still some screentearing but some improvements.

My setup when testing:
Quickrace
Moderate degradation
Summer
Partly Cloudy
Morning
Using Dashcam
WRC cars

Kenya: Malewa: minor screentearing but some improvements
Finland: Leustu: screentearing almost gone
Chile: Las Pataguas: most improvements compared to before the latest patch
Portugal: Ervideiro: some screentearing, no major improvements

Still enjoying the game and happy to see the improvements.
Love the physics, sound and the FFB.👏🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
Related, there's a bug on PS5 in which vibration cannot be disabled.
Yep, it's driving me nuts. There is a constant baseline vibration which appears to be linked to engine noise (coming through as FFB). Trouble is it can't be adjusted or turned off...

Yep, it's driving me nuts. There is a constant baseline vibration which appears to be linked to engine noise (coming through as FFB). Trouble is it can't be adjusted or turned off...
A workaround for now is to disable it via console settings.

Any word on adding true triple screen support? I just got the game on Steam over the weekend. While I can play it (and enjoy it) stretched out over the 3 screens, it would be great if we got real triple screen support in a rally game.

FWIW. I've not had the game all that long on Ps5 and have only been doing the set shortened championships which repeat the same rally events in the same conditions and I thought the handling on tarmac had changed post patch. That's using a T300 wheel. Before it seemed to snap lose and regain grip which is quite a noticeable driving characteristic. Now it seems to slide more.
Also not sure if the feedback has dropped a touch. I thought maybe the setting had returned to default post patch and the feedback strength had reduced however when I looked they were the same 🤔

FWIW. I've not had the game all that long on Ps5 and have only been doing the set shortened championships which repeat the same rally events in the same conditions and I thought the handling on tarmac had changed post patch. That's using a T300 wheel. Before it seemed to snap lose and regain grip which is quite a noticeable driving characteristic. Now it seems to slide more.
Also not sure if the feedback has dropped a touch. I thought maybe the setting had returned to default post patch and the feedback strength had reduced however when I looked they were the same 🤔
The FFB felt the same before and after the latest patch on DD Pro.

I don't really have an issue with the baseline rumbling from the controller, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read this to be honest. Although I might change my tune after playing through a 30 minute stage I guess if I can't feel my hands!

The FFB felt the same before and after the latest patch on DD Pro.
Could just be me.. Still think the Tarmac handling has changed a bit tho. I've only played the same championship so far. Done it about 10 times in a row. Mentioned the wheel feedback because I wondered if they had reduced grip a touch to get rid of the snap loss and return of grip. Maybe done by changing the weight or downforce in the pyshics model and that might have affected the suspension feedback a touch?
Good game tho. Bit brutal at times!

Also finding the cockpit view better on PS5 so I also think there has been a change there. This was my biggest gripe and why I wasn't playing as much. Had to change the tv settings for different rally locations before due to the contrast being inconsistent and was struggling a bit with eye fatigue. Wouldn't say it's perfect however post patch I think it has improved.

I seem to be only getting 200XP for Getting gold on Moments... That's what its saying on the reward screen after the finish anyway.

Edit - Worked it out :lol: The game halfs the XP given for moments in the 2 older seasons.

Last edited:
I seem to be only getting 200XP for Getting gold on Moments... That's what its saying on the reward screen after the finish anyway.

Edit - Worked it out :lol: The game halfs the XP given for moments in the 2 older seasons.
I did exactly the same as you, was like, wait what? 200xp?! But yeah previous season.🫢

Tried the latest patch on PS5.
There is still some screentearing but some improvements.

My setup when testing:
Quickrace
Moderate degradation
Summer
Partly Cloudy
Morning
Using Dashcam
WRC cars

Kenya: Malewa: minor screentearing but some improvements
Finland: Leustu: screentearing almost gone
Chile: Las Pataguas: most improvements compared to before the latest patch
Portugal: Ervideiro: some screentearing, no major improvements

Still enjoying the game and happy to see the improvements.
Love the physics, sound and the FFB.👏🏻👍🏻
I bought the game over the weekend since it was 50% off in the PsStore and tried it for the first time last night with previously only played WRC10 in this series. The physics are quite different lol, had a hell of a time getting the basics together, also had a bit of trouble getting the configuration of my wheel to work with the game in a way I felt comfortable...then again it was late and after work so I might tinker with the wheel and DD settings over the weekend. I saw other people have posted their settings but found they never worked for me on WRC10 or any of the GT games.

Am a bit thrown off by the create a driver when you can't really mod them to look like yourself. Game looks really polished and like the longer courses. I pretty much only played the longer courses on WRC10 quick play, barely got into the campaign mode.

Last edited:
I bought the game over the weekend since it was 50% off in the PsStore and tried it for the first time last night with previously only played WRC10 in this series. The physics are quite different lol, had a hell of a time getting the basics together, also had a bit of trouble getting the configuration of my wheel to work with the game in a way I felt comfortable...then again it was late and after work so I might tinker with the wheel and DD settings over the weekend. I saw other people have posted their settings but found they never worked for me on WRC10 or any of the GT games.

Am a bit thrown off by the create a driver when you can't really mod them to look like yourself. Game looks really polished and like the longer courses. I pretty much only played the longer courses on WRC10 quick play, barely got into the campaign mode.
I use these recommended settings.
Works really well on GT DD Pro.

Now that the game is running fairly well and is definitely going in the right direction in terms of performance, what do people reckon will be next in line in terms of features added to the game?
I'd love to see 3 main things,
1. New cars (Toyotas...)
2. New locations (Australia and Wales especially)
3. More work done to livery editor and builder. More parts for builder and at least some real world sponsors for decals.

Also would like to see career mode getting a bit of attention to make it a bit more interesting.

Unfortunately for most of us (who these features are irrelevant to) what I imagine is being worked on is multi monitor and VR support and that is gonna be taking up all the resources along with general bug fixing and stability improvements and we might not see many new features aside from these. Sure they'll be great for people with triple monitors and VR headsets but that's definitely a lot more niche than new cars, stages and general features would be.

For me the career mode needs to be completely overhauled first and foremost. It's OK, it's better than DR2 but it feels like it wasn't designed for WRC and was maybe what they had in mind for DR3 and then just wedged WRC into it.

Livery editor definitely needs some more features and refinement.

Id like to see more filtering options for cars in custom championships and clubs. Like Grid Legends did, being able to select specific cars from the classes would be fantastic for era accurate championships.

New cars would be great of course, Octavia, Toyota, DS3, C3 WRC among others. I'm not too fussed about new locations personally, we have a lot in the game already and realistically all that will get added is new WRC events, which over the next few years at least is great news (Ireland, Paraguay, Saudi, USA, Poland, Latvia all coming*).

*some unconfirmed for real life but all in talks.

Last edited:
For me the career mode needs to be completely overhauled first and foremost. It's OK, it's better than DR2 but it feels like it wasn't designed for WRC and was maybe what they had in mind for DR3 and then just wedged WRC into it.
What do you think they should change about career? For a start I know if I do a medium length event I'd like them to pick five stages at random from each location instead of the same five all the time.

Back