Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
You should try the Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 with your DS3 because it is bloody good using a wheel :).

I might give it a go later. Just working my way through the events first time and then I will revisit them. I was having some online races on The Crew last night. Good fun but some of the other drivers had a tendency to knock you around on purpose. I think they were 10 years old though. I will probably go back to DC or The Crew for some online races later on after I have done some more essay planning for uni. I am also going to see Deadpool tonight at the cinema so got quite a bit to do. :)

For those of you who have done these races already, let me know which tunes you used from this thread. :)

I was on-line last night at 10pm and had time for one of the seasonal races. I started with the Beginners race and clicked through to my garage to see what I had that qualified...top on my list was your Mini Cooper S '11 from the last seasonal and just like last time was a blast to drive and an easy win!

:cheers:

I only managed to try the Beginners Challenge last night. I used the '90 Silvia below. Easy gold, but does require some throttle control. After all it is a Silvia ;)
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90

450PP
246 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type B
Standard Size Rims

FC Suspension

F/R
102/106
6.20/5.70
5/5
4/7
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.280
2nd 2.409
3rd 1.855
4th 1.497
5th 1.269
6th 1.124
Set final gear to 3.300
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/14/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 94.3%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast - Set 86kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

One of the cars I tested for FITT but didn't make the grade for CS tyres. A really nice SH tyres car though. Enjoy.

View attachment 482507
View attachment 482509
View attachment 482508

I only managed to try the Beginners Challenge last night. I used the '90 Silvia below. Easy gold, but does require some throttle control. After all it is a Silvia ;)
That isn't one I would have instinctively gone for but an interesting choice none the less. Nice find!

I was on-line last night at 10pm and had time for one of the seasonal races. I started with the Beginners race and clicked through to my garage to see what I had that qualified...top on my list was your Mini Cooper S '11 from the last seasonal and just like last time was a blast to drive and an easy win!

:cheers:
Added to the list. I guessed it was the FITT mini as that always get used by myself and others. :)

Hey Shaun, I read about the new update for DC and it sounds really good, and I will update tomorrow :).
Double fame points on ALL cars too. :) Awesome day for DC.

A Spec Seasonal Events Races (Updated 11/2/16)

View attachment 513411

Three new races for you guys to find obscure tunes from this garage from. I have lots of cars in these ranges so search high and low and let me know what gems you find.

Beginners's Non-Race Car Challenge (450PP SH)
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 (450PP CS)
Mini Cooper S '07 (450pp SM) (With SH Tyres)
Mini Cooper S '11 (FITT Tune - Reduce Power parts to meet regs)
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 (450PP SH)
Toyota MR2 GT-S ‘97 (450PP SH) (Giant Go-Kart..)

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge (500PP SH)
BMW M3 CSL '03 (500PP SH)
Lotus Elise '11 (500PP SS) - Add SH Tyres
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 ‘97 (500PP SH)

Expert Level Race Car Challenge (700PP RH)
Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (699PP RH)

I find it quite fun tbh.. More of an arcade than anything else..
Hi @LordJCS the new "Hardcore Option" from the new update at Drive Club should be good for you :)

Unbenannt.JPG

Fabulous tune, really enjoyed taking out the BTR in the seasonal, thanks, will start applying your tunes to everything else in my garage.
BTR? For the Intermediate race I am guessing. Which tune did you use for it? The one on SM Tyres? That is good going if it is!

I know it's already been said, but Wow, what a fantastic tune you designed and tested for the Lotus Elise '11 CotM. Based on my in game experiences, a Lotus Elise is one of the cars I would most like to have in reality. If only game credits were more representative of my real credits... Many thanks for all you do to enhance the game experience for so many people. 👍:cheers::bowdown:

Ok guys, from tomorrow on i can drive in style with this used playseat :) found it today for a very good price here in Vienna

View attachment 513878
Very nice. You have got a great setup going on now. All you need now is three 40inch HD TVs to make it like a virtual simulator and your all set. :)
This is jealousy

Anyone got $2000USD to lend me?:lol:
Very nice rig @chrisspeed281 far better than mine.
Couch+folding table+extra back coushin

I have to say, that is a great setup but I wonder if the novelty value would wear off when the car (seat) starts jumping around when you hit the gravel. :lol:

@shaunm80 GT-R Black edition and '07 reviews:

Black edition 650pp -
Brakes are extremely effective for such a heavy car
Great grip, could occasionally lose the rear on faster corners (but not bad)
Trans good, 2nd could be a little shorter but might just be this track
Great launch on exit, fast-stable-and very competitive
Best lap SSR11 - 2:47.403

GT-R '07 600pp (SS) -
A normally heavy feeling car, yet nimble
Excellent grip, very stable
Easy on the brakes for a heavy car
Not the fastest but still fun
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.968

GT-R '07 600pp (RH) -
More grip, better braking
Better on exit, but also easier to make mistakes
Great tune, very smooth if you don't over push it
LSD setup worked excellent for this track
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.060 (could not stay consistently too far ahead of the SS tune :embarrassed:)

@shaunm80 Elise 11 / Gran Turismo S reviews:

Elise '11 506pp (SS) -

Forget the 111R, this is where it's at. I really enjoy driving this car. Hard not to smile while racing around the track, almost like driving an Arcade Racing game there is so much grip. This tune continues that feeling and instills confidence. Well balanced, stable, yet can be pushed further than expected. Point and shoot tune, just aim it and gas it, no muss-no fuss. Everything is near perfect. Well done :)
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:19.608

Elise '11 500pp (RH) -
Realized I forgot to set the power limiter on the SS tune (hence the 506pp rather than 500)
More power on the SS, but more grip here. Both are so good, it took three laps to beat the ghost, and it was not by much. Then the laps got faster. Hard to improve upon the SS tune, this one has more rear end liveliness. but it made it that much more enjoyable. Perhaps simply adding RH to the SS tune, and then battle the two out, that would be interesting. Two real tuning gems here.
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:18.865

Gran Turismo S '08 550pp (SS) -

If you are a Ferrari or Lambo fan, stop reading here.....
This might actually be my favorite Italian car in game. Not sure why as the 458 and Scud might be better, as well the Gallardo and Murci, but still something about it floats my boat more.
Good power, good grip. Easy to get used to.
Just enough looseness in the rear to be fast, yet remaining mostly stable.
Best lap Trial Mountain - 1:29.944

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (SS) -
A little stiffer and requires throttle control on exit but might be track choice
Good entry, but could be tight in the center and tight off
Taking the correct line would get all ills removed. Best way was slightly slower in the center which allowed for better-smoother exit and improved lap time. Fun ride too.
Best lap Grand Valley Speedway - 1:54.394

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (RH) - GT3 Version

Deceptively quick, if you can keep the rear in check
Hint of understeer in the center, throttle oversteer on exit if you miss your marks
Still, a lovely ride and fast tune.
Best lap SSR11 - 2:53.301 :eek:

Here are reviews I have received from @Bowtie-muscle regarding my Maserati, Lotus Elise '11, GT-R 07 and GT-R Black Edition from the CoTM Thread. I hope you enjoying reading them as much as I did. :)

Test: Trial Mountain 5 Lap shakedown.

Laptimes - DS3 (SS=2, X &[ ], stick for steering)
TC=1- 1:27.668
TC=off- 1:28.300

Also tested on G27.
Settings used SS=6, FFB torque=6, FFB sensetivity =10
G27 being used purely for the purpose of driving and getting use to it, so there will be no lap times for the wheel. I'm about 2 seconds off pace on average at the moment so there's not much point in using them. Just impressions of the driving performance will be made from this point of view.

Impressions: What can I say, other than if this was a blind test, I could tell you who tuned it ;) This is another fine example of the work done by Shaun over at Exeter GT. Solid, safe and not too shabby on the old lap times either from my experiences with this car-track combo. As you can see I tried it with and without Traction Control. Oh, come on you knew I would ;)
But there will be no talking about the brakes this time, other than to say that they are nicely balanced. And that for personal use I'll be running a little higher rear bias in the future :D. But the important fact is they do work really well as is 👍

As for the rest, There isn't really all that much to complain about either 👍. The transmission works really well, if anything I think a slightly shorter final gear would have been advantageous, but again that's a personal taste thing ;) And I can't comment on them too much, It's not one of my strong points :guilty:. The car really gets out the corners with some good pull and it's pretty easy to maintain good throttle control in longer mid-speed corners. The LSD works well with it too. All in all, a pretty sweet driveline set-up :)👍

The decision to shift the weight distribution a little rearwards was nice 👍 and for flatter tracks it's going to work wonders, but I think the car's performance suffered a little round here for it due to the undulations. There was just a little uncertainty from the front end over the crests I felt when in full-on attack mode :mischievous:, espescially in the adverse cambered turn 2 and the crest towards the end of the lap (Just before stopping to wave at Nessie :lol:) The suspension was pretty good too, I found the balance pretty nice but maybe just a little too stiff at times for this track. A couple of minor tweaks is all that'd be needed to remedy the lightness over the crests and make this a monster round here (IMO at least). I'm guessing when I take it to GVS it'll be just right :)

The only advice I feel I can give that can be of any benefit is. Keep tunes like this coming. This was quite possibly the most fun I've had in one of your cars yet:)👍.
From a personal perspective, I'd like to say. I don't know how you approch tuning for TC-0 FITT challenges, but if you tune it with TC-0 only, I think you might be doing yourself a dis-service :odd:. Every time I drive a car of yours tuned with TC-1, I enjoy it far more with TC off. The evidence above probably suggests to the casual observer that you'd not fare as well in lap times, but it's important to note that I ran the TC-0 laps first and only did 5 laps a piece (and wasted a couple of them :guilty:). If I went back I reckon I could go just as quick if not quicker with TC off, given a longer run (my normal tests are usually quite a bit longer than 5 laps :lol:). There was quite a bit of time left in the first sector for sure and a little later on too. But for me this is pretty darn close to a 10 DC without TC on (Low to mid 9s if it was supposed to be track specific for Trial Mountain :P) The Z34 isn't renowned for being a particularly "fast" car in it's PP range, so it may not set the leaderboards alight, but it's a nice car to drive and this tune makes it much better :bowdown:

I'd recommend this one to anyone who likes this car despite it's drawbacks (being somewhat on the heavy side :sly:). The tune is superb and can be relied on by drivers of all skill levels....and your replays will look good too :D:tup:

:cheers::gtpflag:

This review is from @Thorin Cain for my Z34 CoTM tune. Another review which is quite thorough in its detail but thoroughly enjoyable to read.

Back