F1 Racing Series – The Gran Turismo Racing League. Register now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 109 comments
  • 7,597 views
Cheers. We got 13 competitors, 7 more and we're ready for the 1st race! 👍
 
It is a weekly series, just like boombexus's, except instead of racing all week, you have testing days and then a couple of days after that to put your time down.

Oh, and Trueno86power - PM your time to me, along with your choice of transmission, and I'll include you in the list of competitors. :)
 
"Online Racing" - Pit your best times in GT against other players from around the world.

Basically you go out, get your best time and compare it to otther GTers.
 
Yeah, I was thinking that the registrations weren't coming in too hot, so I might go for 15, if it doesn't pick up in the next few days.
 
Hang on, mate, I'll PM you with the info.
 
Originally posted by Cobraking
do i have to do this qualifier?
Yep, you do. Do the SSR11 License Test (S7) then PM your time/tranny to me. I'll put you in the list. :)
 
Originally posted by quicksilver1122
Ok. My bad :) I'm in then.

So leme get this straight... So you tell us the track like one a monday or so, and we go out and practice to prefect our driving skills on the track from Monday to like Saturday. And then on Sunday, we do our actual race (byourselves), which is like a 5 lap race, and then we PM or post our times to you?
That's almost right. A few people were concerned about racing on Sunday, so I will change race day from Sunday to all weekend.

Once you've raced, you PM your total time and best lap to me.

And due to time zone issues, each week's race may have to start on a Tuesday or (hopefully not) Wednesday.
 
Originally posted by Sough
On the issue of when to start, I say we might as well go right now. We got about 15 or so, and more can always join as it goes right?
Yeah, we could go now, but I've still got a couple of things to sort out. We should be hot to trot by Tuesday at the latest. :)
 
Originally posted by Cobraking
SandStorm can i run this 2morow? or is it too late :p
Mate, you can run the test whenever you like. I've got some competitors coming in who have exams or whatnot, and they'll be joining later.
 
Originally posted by quicksilver1122
Hey. I think the divisions should go by a skill/car kind of thing. Maybe you see our times, and you put us into the status we belong (beginner, etc) and then divide those into little sub groups by the car you use. Everyoen doesn't even have to have an official car, you could just get everyoen to PM you the car they used along with the time info. I just thought it would be more fair this way, because the way you have it set up now could lead to.. difficulties...
Nah, I know what's happening, nothing difficult.

Oh, and on the official 5 lap race, we only get one try right? (Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I just wana get the information down so I don't have questions when the season actually begins.)
No, you get as many tries as you like before time up.
 
Heh, true. I must have spun it at least 3 times trying to get a good time. :grumpy:
 
Well i've sent my time.
So i'm good and ready.

Edit: You know we can drive the NTSC F1's but they don't have any bodies, maybe we can drive them if I find a way to put the Poly 001 and 002 bodies on them. Then we all can use the same set of cars.
 
I think you can just PM Sandstorm to register your time.
 
Hey, I managed to make a PAL save with all the NTSC F1's on it and they have P001 or P002 bodies.
 
Use the freaking internet to buy an X-Port.

I couldn't find an X-Port in the shops either.

Isn't there an Amazon.co.nz ?
 
actually im going to go do it now, might pm u 2day or 2morrow with my time.
 
Also is it sunday as in sunday american and monday australian?
 
yeah thats true what happens if someone chooses the 900+Hp rocket at a track like the test course or Super speedway? Should be the cars that are the most like the ones that we have to use (Poly 001/002)

with RER in there are gonna be some fast times afoot

...oh yeah im in just gotta run the test first
cheers
 
have not had time to run the test as of yet (due to ther commitments), but if the racing is all day sunday then i will have to bail in any case as i work all friggen day sunday
sorry guys
 
time submitted after 3 go's
that was good fun ;)
 
its not that hard a test to do though, just dont get the bugger sideways
its all about throttle control
 
well, sent in a time, ran the test twice and that is all I cared to do. A little tuning and that would have been a nice car
 
It would be nice . . . In my garage that is :lol:
 
IM in, but mine is a bronze. I really never put any effort into the license tests. I'll do it again.
 
Geez, I can hardly manage a 2:15.XXX. I'm not used to driving boats... :dopey:
 
Back