F1 Racing Series – The Gran Turismo Racing League. Register now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 109 comments
  • 7,597 views
I just gotta get off of my arse and do some practice.
 
Good one Brett, now you can buy me an X-port and mail it down to me, okay?
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Use the freaking internet to buy an X-Port.

I couldn't find an X-Port in the shops either.

Isn't there an Amazon.co.nz ?

Nope, looks like I'm going to have to get one from amazon.co.uk.
 
Originally posted by quicksilver1122
... nvm... I read more carefully... I can't do online races :( I was thinking this was someting like the "weekly races"

This is done in the exact same format as boom's weekly race series, there is nothing different between the two..
 
Originally posted by quicksilver1122
Ok. My bad :) I'm in then.

So leme get this straight... So you tell us the track like one a monday or so, and we go out and practice to prefect our driving skills on the track from Monday to like Saturday. And then on Sunday, we do our actual race (byourselves), which is like a 5 lap race, and then we PM or post our times to you?


That sounds about right... :).
 
SandStorm can i run this 2morow? or is it too late :p
 
SO,. all F1 cars right? If so,... count me in :) I'll post a time for the qualifier if the ball starts rolling on this 👍
 
Count me in. Just throw me in the Jr. league cause I suck that much and I know I can't do better.... :)
 
... nvm... I read more carefully... I can't do online races :( I was thinking this was someting like the "weekly races"
 
Ok. My bad :) I'm in then.

So leme get this straight... So you tell us the track like one a monday or so, and we go out and practice to prefect our driving skills on the track from Monday to like Saturday. And then on Sunday, we do our actual race (byourselves), which is like a 5 lap race, and then we PM or post our times to you?
 
Hey. I think the divisions should go by a skill/car kind of thing. Maybe you see our times, and you put us into the status we belong (beginner, etc) and then divide those into little sub groups by the car you use. Everyoen doesn't even have to have an official car, you could just get everyoen to PM you the car they used along with the time info. I just thought it would be more fair this way, because the way you have it set up now could lead to.. difficulties...

Oh, and on the official 5 lap race, we only get one try right? (Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I just wana get the information down so I don't have questions when the season actually begins.)
 
Sandstorm, which F1 car will we be using? I don't have 'em all yet, and I'd hate to have to go about winning a particular one.

I assume it'll be either the 688 or the 094 (so that PAL folks can play too), what's the official word?
 
Ok, did the qualifier. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That was the most frustrating drive of my GT3 career. If I never see the likes of that steaming pile of *ss Griffith 500 again it'll be too soon. All I've got to say is that you might as well leave the gas pedal at home.

I could probably take another .5 off my time, but I just can't take that car for even one more lap. :mad: :mad: :mad:
 
Didn't know we were posting times ...

My hot lap was 1'08.929
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
You mean 2'08.929, don't you? Just PM your time to me.

Oops :O

2'08.929 would be correct.

I just drove SSR11 in a 787B for the weekly race series last week, i'm just not used to driving a slow boat like the griffith :D
 
Ok, I've got a few questions. :confused:

Sandstorm, can you start a thread with a list of entries (Driver Name / Qualifying Time / Tranny) and a start date for this series?

From the schedule thread, it looks like we're running some long races, yet the original post says that the races will be run in arcade mode. How's that going to work? Are we writing down lap times, then adding them up or what?

How are we going to deal with the issue of DNF's / people who couldn't race. Having only one day to run such a long race is going to make it tough to run every week. These aren't races you can throw down in half an hour. I know I can't spend every sunday running these races (Every other sunday or so is an F1 Race, and I always try to catch those). Is it possible to allocate a few more days to running the final race? Why only wednesday to sunday?
 
Yay cool SandStorm
im in:)
 
but then it wouldnt be fair having the NTSC against PAL as the NTSC have better F1 cars at there disposal??
 
yeah well i got a 2:11:700 or close to that
 
oh and also what F1 car will we be using, if it's open I hope you all have the F094/s or you're screwed:trouble:
 
OK I'm gonna try for this - just doin the ssr11 tester now !! Gimme some hours and I shud have a good time !!! :)
 
Back