Fantasy F1 2010: Season Over- Congrats ROAD_DOGG33J

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 222 comments

Should there be a budget system for 2011?

• Yes(Please post ideas)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No(Keep it the same)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Other(Explain in Post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm avoiding tipping RBR this year as they seem to either break or crash when I do. So my tips worked out pretty good this time around.

Had picked:
Schumacher
Button
Hamilton

I got a 1-2-3! :D I love you Hamilton, Button and Webber!

Congrats to driftking18594 and PJ-FFL who both had 1-2-3 finishes and scored 73 points. Ian Poole is also back atop the points.
2010turkey.png

Pick List
turkey10drivers.png

Next is Montreal in a couple weeks.

Make sure to get your picks in by the green flag.

My Picks
Fernando Alonso
Lewis Hamilton
Vitantonio Liuzzi

I had Alonso (3rd), Vettel (4th) and Kubica (7th). So, I think I had a "meh" kind of day.

My picks were Alonso, Vettel, and some other bugger. I didn't pick Liuzzi because I knew that he would get involved in something which would cost him points.

I had Alonso, Webber and Kubica. I couldn't pick Hamilton, Button or Vettel so not bad. I got pretty lucky with my pick of Kubica over Massa and Liuzzi. But that's only minor points.

Congrats to PeterJB and Peterram430 who both scored a high of 50 points.
canada2010.png

canada2010drivers.png

Next up is the European GP in Valencia in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I was so close to choosing Button instead of Webber! I would have if I'd heard about his penalty beforehand!

And I'm getting nowhere but closer to the front runners. Valencia, being Valencia will really have some big points being scored for everyone because of lack of overtaking or race incidents to mix up the order.

Justin, think you need to check the e-mail i sent you again! I picked Webber and not Vettel!

I've corrected it in the standings.👍

Now for the reason I'm bumping this, I'm considering adding a budget system for next year but wanted to see if people wanted one or not.

If you have any good ideas for a budget system, let me know.👍

Are you proposing a budget type system so it is more like a proper Fantasy F1 rather than a tipping comp?

I guess the system Giles ran was good. Each person has a mix of Team, Engine and x2 drivers. Has to keep under say a $40m budget and only allowed one change of each field over the year. Points are based on positions gained + final points position(like you have in the actual championship). It gets a bit complex though, don't know if you are willing to do it.

Otherwise you could maintain the exact same system as you have now but add a budget component. That way it will force players to be unable to pick button, vettel, webber, hamilton, alonso, massa every race.

I'd say no to the budget, if we were going to make it more complex it would be easier to use an external Fantasy F1 site, but these (or at least all the ones I've used) do not run on a race by race system so most people just get bored.

Race is tomorrow, make sure to get your picks in by the green flag.

My Picks:
Felipe Massa
Mark Webber
Sebastian Vettel

I have remembered to put my picks in this week.

I'm suprised to only have dropped a few places.

Ouch Justin not a good weekend for you. My picks this week were Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso. 2/3 works I guess and is better than the 0 I got last time for forgetting to tip.

Ouch Justin not a good weekend for you. My picks this week were Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso. 2/3 works I guess and is better than the 0 I got last time for forgetting to tip.

At least I got a win, nothing else though.:ouch:

I will get the standings up later once I get home.

I got a first and second for Vetts and Hammer Time but lost out, so far, on Massa.

Why didn't I pick jenson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back