Fantasy NASCAR 2011: Season Over, Congrats MustangRyan!!!

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 477 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DirecTV guide didn't even show happy hour, so I recorded 6 hours of Barret-Jackson auction, hoping that happy hour is in there somewhere.

I believe this race is an impound, so no happy hour, just 2 practice sessions before qualifying.

TS
I believe this race is an impound, so no happy hour, just 2 practice sessions before qualifying.

Nope, there was a happy hour.

Go Regan!

Edit: I just knew David Ragan was going to sneak in there and steal Edward's thunder at the last minute. :lol:

Picks sent. :)

Last edited:
Where is the Texas pick form? I'm not busy so I can actually participate this week. Don't see it on the past few pages.

Durr Nevermind, I've got it.

Last edited:
Congrats to Adrenaline for scoring the most points with 120. Also a welcome to Morrac32.

14607719.png

Also, I've decided since there didn't seem to be any opposition the rule about previous weeks has been implemented.

Next up is Talladega, hopefully more exciting than the last race there.

For Talladega I may as well put 43 numbers into a hat and draw them out, but knowing my luck all the drivers who I "pick" will probably be involved in the first crash.

For Talladega I may as well put 43 numbers into a hat and draw them out, but knowing my luck all the drivers who I "pick" will probably be involved in the first crash.

Can I pick 43 drivers?

Seriously though, it's a lottery.

I submitted my picks, but I can't remember if I already had. So If I have submitted twice, dscount the second one and count the first.

I don't see how some of you can make your picks without seeing any practice or qualifying results.

It's Talladega, which make it pretty safe to say, that all of the analyzing in the world won't help you. Look at Trevor Bayne. It's not about who's a better driver, it's only about being in the right place, at the right time.

Practice speeds mean nothing with the 2 car draft. In fact, they have a reverse meaning, because the guy who's fastest in practice, I can guarantee isn't the fastest; the guy pushing him was.

Qualifying? Any car can come from the back to the front in 1 lap at any time during the race. A wreck can happen in the front 10, middle 10, back 10, anywhere. It's all luck, just try not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Furthermore qualifying at Dega is harder to judge. The first lap is just getting up to speed, the 2nd lap is your only chance. The tiniest of mistakes, cost's you 10 positions or more, because of that minuscule amount of speed you missed for a split second. Not to mention, the new schedules have the drivers qualifying cold, without a second of seat time, since the day prior, which further promotes inaccuracies of true speed.

Restrictor Plate races are a like a roulette wheel. Pick a few numbers and hope for the best.

I've decided to make this interesting and am running a 25 lap race at Talladega in NTG 2011 to decide my picks. :P

As promised I decided my picks by way of a random draw out of a hat. The first number was 37 - Tony Raines, who did not qualify. Other than that I think I "picked" a fairly good few drivers for the race.

Congrats to LSX for scoring the most points with 114, also a welcome to LancerEvo7GSR.

9talladega.png

Next up is Richmond on the 30th.

Other than Gordon being on the pole having to do with my decision for picking him, the other two were pretty random. Not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back