February DLC

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 211 comments
Focus's on car collecting? If any game has more then one vehicle available, then they are all focusing on car collecting in some way.
What I meant by car collecting; was purchasing number of cars like in Forza and GT. PC sims usually have them unlocked and you don't have to buy them, because there available ready for use.

Did I make any sense? Just asking in case if I didn't. :P

They're car racing games designed to appeal to the casual masses with realistic handling and other sim traits. Close to a simulator in some respects, miles away in others. But don't mind me, just carry on making apologies of your favorite franchise and keep taking pops at the other in an attempt to feel better about your choices.

Edit: On topic. Maybe, from a revenue perspective, this is the price you have to pay for getting a Forza this early in the generation with a limited install base. Maybe it's a blatant milking of its fanbase. Maybe it is another reason, who knows? I am sure there are genuine people who bought the game are pissed off by this, but the fact is the game released with lots of content missing from FM4, what did you expect was gonna happen?

Last edited:
swg
Thats the reventon roadster. You'll find it has slightly different features than the base model.
Nope, the coupe is the exact same.

I figured you'd reply that though, so I will post the article on the coupe as well.

In fact, the new bodywork — with its slightly longer tail and bigger rear spoiler that lifts automatically at 80 mph — is more effective aerodynamically. However, this does not result in better performance figures — 0 to 60 mph can be done in a Murciélago-like 3.4 seconds; also, the top speed of 211 mph is the same. But the Reventón will feel more responsive above 110 mph, as Lamborghini's test pilot Mario Fasanetto pointed out. He had to tell us, because our car was limited electronically to 80 mph. What a shame, but we won't complain. Only 20 Reventóns will be made, each priced at 1 million Euros plus tax. While seven will stay in Europe, two are going to Dubai and Japan. The other 11 are reserved for the U.S. and will arrive there sometime in the spring.

Read more: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2008-lamborghini-reventon-1#ixzz2s1pcqEBW
You'll find they share the same mechanical bits, 1 is just slower by 6mph & weighs 55lbs. more.

Last edited:
I'm not apologising for preferring the AI in Forza. It's not perfect but it's one of the main reasons I bought the game.

You asked for a explanation and I gave it to you.

Whether or not the content is in DLC or the initial game you're still rebuying the content. At least when it's DLC you get a choice on whether or not you want to buy that content 'again'.

EDIT-

Content grew in Forza 5 too....

Should it be mentioned that after 7 years GT5 only managed to have around 200 new cars and 800 GT4 ports without interiors and still poor car sounds? Also some of those 200 new cars were rebuilt models of the 800 GT4 cars and had repeats like the Ford GT.

It's insanely hypocritical to defend the porting of exact content through three games yet complain about rebuilt and upgraded cars(including sounds, interiors, exteriors and physics) that you have the option to purchase or not and won't stop you from playing or enjoying the initial title.

EDIT-

Aren't you the one that started this "crusade"?

Careful there FordGTGuy, you are going to wake Toko! :dopey: The car world is really vast and while I would love to see cars that have not been featured in the game, we all know that Turn 10 is going to brush that particular item on the wishlist aside. There are maybe four cars in the Feb DLC that I really like and they were all in Forza 4. To be somewhat fair, the addition of LaFerrari and the P1 go a long way for me, just need to see more of that stuff.

Happy to see the RS2. Not sure why legacy cars from older series should be offered for free (as suggested) when they are not just porting over things. All these cars now have Forzavista (whether you like this feature or not) and I'm sure the staff assigned to upgrade/modify these cars to a FM5 level put alot of work into them, getting it to Dan's level of acceptance.

Has anyone provided a video or some proof, a side by side comparison of the models in a 3D program that shows CLEARLY nothing was done to a FM5 DLC car from a previous edition? Meaning not one value changed, a clear port over?
If not, then it's all hearsay and maybe someone should start a thread like the GT6 standard vs upgraded standard thread (which is great btw). It's clear Turn 10 has the assets, so yeah its not "new", but if you edit/modify/add, it's not "old" either. Heck, I'm still waiting for the DeLorean.

Although some would love to just have cars ported over, I don't. I didn't pay for next-gen to play last-gen.

It would be nice to know beforehand what you get in a car pass, but I guess that would ruin the "surprise" and letdowns each month. To combat the old cars thing, they simply could've released a separate car pass, a Legacy Car Pass, to cover all the cars that were in previous games and not available yet in FM5.

On a side note, I would like to see a return of the dealerships, all these cars in one line is like a long scroll bar.

Being the devil's advocate, how should have T10 handled the FM5 content in a better way? Say someone is new to the series, how much content should they be "entitled" too when buying FM5?
The bar gets set to a certain level (FM4) and anything less content wise is considered a fail or rip-off to many. T10 could have held release of FM5 until the content was at the level of FM4 but realistically I would think it would be hard to make a profit considering the redevelopment on a new platform. Incremental changes, FM3 to FM4 or GT5 to GT6, on the same platform has to be much more cost effective from the development standpoint.
I get it, many feel that re-buying the same content is a money grab but I for one believe developers have to walk a fine-line between pleasing the customers and pleasing the share holders.
If I take FM5 for what it is, without a comparison to the content of previous versions, it is a good product and with a content level consistent with a $59.95 game. I for one don't need a huge car library as I find a few I like and say with those for the most part, maybe that's why I have a less than scathing opinion of FM5. Tracks are another story for me, never can have too many and I sure hope Nordschleife is coming down for road sooner than later.
With this said, a lot of cars and tracks don't make a good game if you know what I mean, especially if you are not strapped for money and can afford virtual racing options.

That is the 64,000 question. I miss some of the cars that were cut, but even in FM4 I was wishing for more tracks so less in FM5 is the big letdown for me. The big question now is what of FM6, it better be a doozie or Turn 10 will risk losing many gamers. I also have GT6 (boy has that turned out well!), if GT7 does not take a different direction, I will be through with it as well. I like FM5, but I am hoping that they start to pleasantly surprise us real soon.

Being the devil's advocate, how should have T10 handled the FM5 content in a better way? Say someone is new to the series, how much content should they be "entitled" too when buying FM5?
The bar gets set to a certain level (FM4) and anything less content wise is considered a fail or rip-off to many. T10 could have held release of FM5 until the content was at the level of FM4 but realistically I would think it would be hard to make a profit considering the redevelopment on a new platform. Incremental changes, FM3 to FM4 or GT5 to GT6, on the same platform has to be much more cost effective from the development standpoint.
I get it, many feel that re-buying the same content is a money grab but I for one believe developers have to walk a fine-line between pleasing the customers and pleasing the share holders.
If I take FM5 for what it is, without a comparison to the content of previous versions, it is a good product and with a content level consistent with a $59.95 game. I for one don't need a huge car library as I find a few I like and say with those for the most part, maybe that's why I have a less than scathing opinion of FM5. Tracks are another story for me, never can have too many and I sure hope Nordschleife is coming down for road sooner than later.
With this said, a lot of cars and tracks don't make a good game if you know what I mean, especially if you are not strapped for money and can afford virtual racing options.
Agree with you; all cars were remodeled so if they wanted to make the Xbone's release they simply couldn't give us as much cars as FM4. Same with the tracks seeing that the attention to detail for the new versions means they would have needed a lot more development time if they set the standards high; and want laser scanned accuracy.

I guess most of us understand this; and aren't blinded by numbers over quality. Yet I can't agree with them re introducing the exact same cars as FM4 had later on and asking extra cash for that. The been there done that feeling intervenes people opening their wallets for that yet again after already expensive investments for the next gen console and the game itself.

They could at least have made car packs with half of the cars being completely new, and never seen before in the series to make people a bit excited. Plenty enough new cars released in the past years since FM4 to chose something original.

Just as big a mystery is the cars that show in the menu and in gameplay that still have not been released by Turn 10, why would they even show if they are not ready?

I just have trouble figuring out what the game plan is on some of this stuff.

Just as big a mystery is the cars that show in the menu and in gameplay that still have not been released by Turn 10, why would they even show if they are not ready?

I just have trouble figuring out what the game plan is on some of this stuff.

There was a supposed Super Pass that included the Car Pass, a supposed Expansion Pass and five cars, the Corvette amongst them. The info surfaced before the release of the game but then we haven't heard anything about it, which makes me think that the DLC plans for the game changed after the backlash the game suffered because of the lack of content.

I'm not apologising for preferring the AI in Forza. It's not perfect but it's one of the main reasons I bought the game.

The AI is like NFS Shift on every level bar unbeatable. Unbeatable is slightly better but that does not excuse the other 6 levels of AI of being utter ****.

The AI is like NFS Shift on every level bar unbeatable. Unbeatable is slightly better but that does not excuse the other 6 levels of AI of being utter ****.
I guess I'm just not as good a racer as you but I've had to go down to expert in some of the spec races and still had a good time. Utter **** sounds like an exaggeration to me.

Then again I didn't mind NFS Shift either on the 360. The AI was a lot easier to beat on that game though.

I guess I'm just not as good a racer as you but I've had to go down to expert in some of the spec races and still had a good time. Utter **** sounds like an exaggeration to me.

Then again I didn't mind NFS Shift either on the 360. The AI was a lot easier to beat on that game though.
It's the best AI that I have raced on console since RacePro.

Nope, the coupe is the exact same.

I figured you'd reply that though, so I will post the article on the coupe as well.

You'll find they share the same mechanical bits, 1 is just slower by 6mph & weighs 55lbs. more.
(edit: thought the article was comparing the roadster to hard top until I followed the link) Pretty vague and poorly written article but perhaps it has some merit. However, the fact that the car is modeled without the auto spoiler in both gt6 AND forza and I have yet to see a single image, video or reference on the web indicating that the hard top has one (other than the single one you linked so far, and they even admit to conviently not being able to test it since they say deploys at 80 and they were limited to 80). Every example I've seen has been the roadster. If you can find one I'll happily stand corrected.

Last edited:
swg
(edit: thought the article was comparing the roadster to hard top until I followed the link) Pretty vague and poorly written article but perhaps it has some merit. However, the fact that the car is modeled without the auto spoiler in both gt6 AND forza and I have yet to see a single image, video or reference on the web indicating that the hard top has one (other than the single one you linked so far, and they even admit to conviently not being able to test it since they say deploys at 80 and they were limited to 80). Every example I've seen has been the roadster. If you can find one I'll happily stand corrected.
You're discrediting Road & Track as having a poorly written article, yet you were more than happy to accept the first one about the Roadster.

Let's think about this. If only the Reventon Roadster has a spoiler that deploys at 80mph, how could R&T possibly have any way to claim the Coupe has the same feature? Esp. when the article was written 1-2 years before the Roadster is even unveiled; the "feature" shouldn't technically exist if only the Roadster has it. Wait, who could possibly even tell them such a thing when they did a brief review of the car (since you want to discredit them as even seeing it in person)? Probably the same guy who told them it was limited to 80mph in the first place; Mario Fasanetto, the test driver for Lamborghini.

But hey, if video games don't model it (because neither game has model inaccuracies at all elsewhere, right?), then obviously R&T or Mario has no idea what they're talking about by reporting it. :rolleyes:

Forza & GT6 don't model the Reventon with a spoiler lifting, so it clearly doesn't have one; only the Roadster does. Wait, what's going on in this video, then? The Roadster has an auto-spoiler, but it doesn't rise once in Horizon.

Throws a huge hole in your logic, doesn't it?

Last edited:
You're discrediting Road & Track as having a poorly written article, yet you were more than happy to accept the first one about the Roadster.

Let's think about this. If only the Reventon Roadster has a spoiler that deploys at 80mph, how could R&T possibly have any way to claim the Coupe has the same feature? Esp. when the article was written 1-2 years before the Roadster is even unveiled; the "feature" shouldn't technically exist if only the Roadster has it. Wait, who could possibly even tell them such a thing when they did a brief review of the car (since you want to discredit them as even seeing it in person)? Probably the same guy who told them it was limited to 80mph in the first place; Mario Fasanetto, the test driver for Lamborghini.

But hey, if video games don't model it (because neither game has model inaccuracies at all elsewhere, right?), then obviously R&T or Mario has no idea what they're talking about by reporting it. :rolleyes:

Forza & GT6 don't model the Reventon with a spoiler lifting, so it clearly doesn't have one; only the Roadster does. Wait, what's going on in this video, then? The Roadster has an auto-spoiler, but it doesn't rise once in Horizon.

Throws a huge hole in your logic, doesn't it?

Get another subject fellas. This was waaay off topic.

lol. Drive FM5 with a wheel, and tell me it isn't one then.
Oh yaaay here come's the typical arguement "get a wheel and tell me if said racing game isn't a sim". Dude, these are just "games" on consoles, I'm going to waste hundreds of dollers on accessories for them, forget get it.

Oh yaaay here come's the typical arguement "get a wheel and tell me if said racing game isn't a sim". Dude, these are just "games" on consoles, I'm going to waste hundreds of dollers on accessories for them, forget get it.
Then why are you posting here?

Then why are you posting here?
Oh. So I need a silly wheel to post here now? BS! This is a forum buddy, me and everyone are free to post anywhere. You, nor anyone can't restrict nobody, just ask the moderators, they'll tell you the same thing.

You're very close to being put in my ignore list.

Latest Posts

Back