February DLC

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 211 comments
lol. Drive FM5 with a wheel, and tell me it isn't one then.

Been there done that and moved to PC. Drive a PC sim with a wheel and come back and tell us how great FM5 is. I used to think FM series was great because that was all i knew, but then i built a PC and the rest was history.

Been there done that and moved to PC. Drive a PC sim with a wheel and come back and tell us how great FM5 is. I used to think FM series was great because that was all i knew, but then i built a PC and the rest was history.

Have you driven fm5 with a wheel?

Oh. So I need a silly wheel to post here now? BS! This is a forum buddy, me and everyone are free to post anywhere. You, nor anyone can't restrict nobody, just ask the moderators, they'll tell you the same thing.

You're very close to being put in my ignore list.
A silly wheel? What? With a racing game surly it's the pad that is "silly"?

A silly wheel? What? With a racing game surly it's the pad that is "silly"?
And here comes the hardcore racing fans famous quote "oh pads are silly in racing games" to make themselves feel high and mighty... :rolleyes:

Just like how it's silly to exclude people who don't have wheels from certain fourms.

Soooo, how about that Ram Air Trans Am, right? Did you see the photo that Bushido posted? Bad, yo!

Bueller? Bueller?

And here comes the hardcore racing fans famous quote "oh pads are silly in racing games" to make themselves feel high and mighty... :rolleyes:

Just like how it's silly to exclude people who don't have wheels from certain fourms.

You called steering wheels "silly" makes no sense for a driving/racing game.

Have you driven fm5 with a wheel?

Yes i have. I have a stupid friend that bought a TX and a XONE. I'd say its okay for a console racer but if your shelling out 499 for a console and another what is it 300 for a compatible wheel because our nice fanatecs arent compatible anymore plus 60 for the game. why not just build a PC. For 860 you can have a really nice PC setup and better quality sims. Just my opinion and not really on topic so i'll leave it at that.

Yes i have. I have a stupid friend that bought a TX and a XONE. I'd say its okay for a console racer but if your shelling out 499 for a console and another what is it 300 for a compatible wheel because our nice fanatecs arent compatible anymore plus 60 for the game. why not just build a PC. For 860 you can have a really nice PC setup and better quality sims. Just my opinion and not really on topic so i'll leave it at that.
Ok. I would like to know how it compares to pc titles you might have driven.

Tire model is good but not quite there compared to PC titles (especially AC), Swapping an LS1 into anything just isn't my cup of tea either. Just general handling traits in general are pretty stale for instance most rwd cars drive the same as each other, fwd same, awd same etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say its an arcade by any means but i wouldn't call it a simulator either. FM series to me is by far the better console racer when comparing to GT, but even against older PC titles such as GTR series and Race it doesn't hold a candle. When compared to modern sims it isn't even in the same parking lot. (I've only had about 2 hrs play time with 5 so take alot of this with a grain of salt)

But to each there own. Like i said i used to be a die hard forza fan boy (and pretty damn good at the game to boot, CGS championship in austin texas during forza 2, 2nd place week 1 hyundia challenge fm3, 2nd place for a hyundia veloster fm4) until i realized what i was missing.

Well to each his own (regarding the stupid friend). He'll have advantages also with his console, like games that don't get released on PC. Anyway I'm also giving the same idea some thought now; instead of shelling out 400 bucks this year for a console and then another 200 for a new wheel (which I don't need as I'm very satisfied with my fanatec), maybe just pay 500-600 bucks and play AC or PCARS on a gaming PC. I wonder how much of the best console games you can get on PC though, that is my only doubt as I suppose it won't be all of them...

Bogie, Forrest Gump had a line perfect for some people. Add them to your ignore list. Conversations get better and smarter when they are blocked.

Well to each his own (regarding the stupid friend). He'll have advantages also with his console, like games that don't get released on PC. Anyway I'm also giving the same idea some thought now; instead of shelling out 400 bucks this year for a console and then another 200 for a new wheel (which I don't need as I'm very satisfied with my fanatec), maybe just pay 500-600 bucks and play AC or PCARS on a gaming PC. I wonder how much of the best console games you can get on PC though, that is my only doubt as I suppose it won't be all of them...

I have a gaming PC , you'll be able to get the obvious battle field, titanfall and I think COD. Problem is they are being designed with console in mind first. Hurts some of the PC game play.

Just about every AAA title is available nowva days and many great indie games youd never get to experience on a console.

I am curious on your "...just pay 500-600 bucks and play AC or PCARS on a gaming PC." Is this what you are planning to spend to "upgrade" your PC? On the PC, to get decent performance on these latest sims require a graphics card in the $350-$400 range. You can get away with less but I wouldn't bother, and many invest much more ($500-$700 and more for SLI/XFire) to get all of the eye candy. Then a decent CPU, power supply, motherboard to support these cards and CPU's, ...
I myself don't think of one as a replacement for the other, I will always have a console/s and a PC for my virtual racing.

No way you need a 300 to 400 dollar card. A 660ti plays ac just fine with the eye candy. Its getting a little over the hill now but there is no credibility to that statement whatsoever. Though i cant speak for pcars because unfortunately i never bought in early enough. Also crossfiring and sli is a big waste of money. Might as well buy a titan for that matter.

You guys just reminded me of something: this isn't the Console & PC Gaming or the Computers & Technology sub-fora.

You guys just reminded me of something: this isn't the Console & PC Gaming or the Computers & Technology sub-fora.

Suprised it took you this long to realize. I would of thought youd be here a page ago.

At least you didnt come and lock it with a sarcastic comment like the official fm5 mods do.

Edit. Dont take that the wrong way.

Well! on a friendlier note, almost time to start wondering what March will bring. On a 1 to 10, rank the February DLC if you will.

Well! on a friendlier note, almost time to start wondering what March will bring. On a 1 to 10, rank the February DLC if you will.
3 out of 10
Some good cars but the lack of anything new and variety hurt it dearly.

Now 5/10, if these cars would have been brand new to the series that would have been a 9.

Back