Ferrari F40 overload.

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 60 comments
JCE
How much money is that total? Like $10 million USD?

From UK values, it's probably nearer £7m ($14m).

Remember seeing this on FChat. Noted as the largest gathering of F40's since the photos of all the cars from factory running together.

There was a Ferrari 60th Anniversary celebration at Silverstone this summer, they had 42 F40's on track together. ;)

They probably don't drive them much because it's not an easy car to drive, nor is very comfortable to do so.

I've heard the exact opposite - that they are the most tractable supercar as a day-to-day prospect.

Nick Mason, drummer from Pink Floyd, Steve O'Rourke, Pink Floyd's manager, and Uderzo, creator of Astrix have/had them. Nigel Mansell used to own one, but i remember seing it advertised for sale some time ago.

From UK values, it's probably nearer £7m ($14m).

There was a Ferrari 60th Anniversary celebration at Silverstone this summer, they had 42 F40's on track together. ;)

Funnily enough, the last car following them round the track looks like a 250GTO. If that is indeed the case then its almost worth as much as all those F40's put together! Did a little bit of searching and it seems there was a 250GTO at the event too.

Spec....

Pants...getting...tighter...
:lol:

Paul Daniels has one.
He likes it, but not alot... There truly is no justice in this world.

Stunning pics 👍 Although, I've never understood why people would want to be in the only place on Earth where having a Ferrari F40 was commonplace. I'd sooner turn up at a moped rally in my Ferrari F40 and wave a huge wad of cash out of the window at them for good measure...

Paul Daniels has one.

I wonder if it run his 'MAG 1C' registration plate?

Back when he used to own Mother Shiptons Caves in Knaresborough, you occasionally saw him in a Ferrari 328 with the reg 'MAG 1C' driving around Harrogate.

I wonder if it run his 'MAG 1C' registration plate?

I believe it did, but that plate currently returns as:

Make ISUZU
Model TROOPER LWB TURBO D
Year of manufacture 1995
Engine size(CC) 3059

It really is odd how few of these you see on the road comparable to other cars of lesser production figures, especially as it is one of the easier to live with supercars. Other than a whole load at Silverstone a long time ago, I've only ever seen two. Oh, I tell a lie as I did see Nigel Mansell's F40 in Dorset once. I always remember the numberplate was F40 NPG - don't know why I remember it. btw, these are great photos.

Rue
It really is odd how few of these you see on the road comparable to other cars of lesser production figures, especially as it is one of the easier to live with supercars. Other than a whole load at Silverstone a long time ago, I've only ever seen two. Oh, I tell a lie as I did see Nigel Mansell's F40 in Dorset once. I always remember the numberplate was F40 NPG - don't know why I remember it. btw, these are great photos.

DVLA sai:

Make FERRARI
Model -
Year of manufacture 1988
Engine size(CC) 2963

I suppose most F40's are 20 years old now. With the exception of Nick Mason's, which is very high milage and gets thrashed by every motoring journalist whenever an F40 article gets writen, most now live a sheltered life. F40's are now generally worth more than they cost new but the value does depend greatly on milage and condition.

So did I. They're supposed to be - along with the McLaren F1 - the only really usable supercars.

I suppose until the Veyron came along.

So did I. They're supposed to be - along with the McLaren F1 - the only really usable supercars.

We must have read from two very different folks. I know I've read many posts from the owners on FChat that since the car is set-up like a race car, it can sometimes be very uncomfortable to drive depending on location, and that the clutch can give problems if you abuse it or make mistakes.

But, to each owner, his own.

I think that immediate and single-time driving on the roads, those are good prospects, but there is no way you can consider the F1 a day-to-day car. If you drive it that frequently, it would be in the service shop more than on the road. The service diet on F1s is not only frequent, but very expensive.

I think that immediate and single-time driving on the roads, those are good prospects, but there is no way you can consider the F1 a day-to-day car. If you drive it that frequently, it would be in the service shop more than on the road. The service diet on F1s is not only frequent, but very expensive.
I wouldn't consider it a daily driver, but it is quite capable of being driven quite often every week. It's not a hard car to drive, has decent luggage space, and is supposed to be decent on gas for being a supercar.

Since of course they're so cheap to buy in the first place...

3 seats and plenty of storage space.

Besides, I was only referring to the experience of driving it around on the public roads. The F1 and F40 are supposed to be very good at it - as opposed to, say, the Countach and Diablo.

Since of course they're so cheap to buy in the first place...

The only person I've ever spoken to who has owned an F1 is a dotcom entrepreneur on another board I go to. He owned his for a half year before selling it because of the cost of ownership. 30,000$ services every few thousand km's is hard to justify, no matter what you bank account is.

Besides, I was only referring to the experience of driving it around on the public roads. The F1 and F40 are supposed to be very good at it - as opposed to, say, the Countach and Diablo.

I considered your "day-to-day" comment to imply daily driver.

But I know what you mean.

The only person I've ever spoken to who has owned an F1 is a dotcom entrepreneur on another board I go to. He owned his for a half year before selling it because of the cost of ownership. 30,000$ services every few thousand km's is hard to justify, no matter what you bank account is.

The car cost a million dollars to buy in the first place.

If my services cost 3% of the new value of my car, they'd cost £540.

The car cost a million dollars to buy in the first place.

If my services cost 3% of the new value of my car, they'd cost £540.

How often do you service your car? Regardless of your number crunching, I still have someone who has owned the car and claimed it to be too expensive.

Wait, why are we arguing about this?

You know, I have trouble being convinced the F40 was that great...the bodywork seems kind of cheap-looking and light to me. Then again, it WAS early Carbon Fibre work, and that black line that divides the clamshell hood and rear deck makes the gap look rather thick.

I never was that impressed by the F40, ('cept, maybe, when i was six, and, even then, I liked the 512TR a little more) but, then again, I've never seen one GO!

It almost looks like all the owners of the F40s in the original post changed out their wheels to more modern ones. Hah

A shame, too, because IMO it’s one of the most iconic supercars ever.

That is an understatement. To me the F40 represents the true essence of a supercar. And in my opinion was the pinacle of Ferrari before it started going downhill. I LOVE the F40, infact if I ever got the chance to buy one I'd sleep in it the first night. Its just that good. Its god on wheels.

It almost looks like all the owners of the F40s in the original post changed out their wheels to more modern ones. Hah

Again, normally done as a step or way to try & make their car look like the LM/GTE's.

I've had the opportunity to see every one of Ferrari's flagships models of the past 3 decades; 288GTO, F40, F50, Enzo and FXX. The F40 and the FXX have always still been the most inspiring. The GTO is amazing, of course, but not in the same way the F40 is. It is so damned unique. The FXX is just simply amazing in the way it goes from A to B in the fastest way possible.

Back