Ferrari F40 overload.

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 60 comments
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the F40, the Japanese F40 Owners Club threw a little get together. Nothing big, so it's not really worth clicking the link.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2200327

Naaaaaaaaaaht!

07120210.jpg

07120215-1.jpg

07120220.jpg

07120222.jpg

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
Wow! Imagine the sound! Still, no white one like the one I saw though ;)

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Partyboy78
Remember seeing this on FChat. Noted as the largest gathering of F40's since the photos of all the cars from factory running together.

ND4SPD

Premium
Canada
Guelph ON
JeffZ28
Jeff C6R
*Faints
I can only imagine the sound coming out of all of them at the same time........

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Somewhere.
*Faints
I can only imagine the sound coming out of all of them at the same time........

Imagine 36 F40's going Tokyo Extreme Racer style through a tunnel on the Wangan... uhh yeah, I might need a change of pants here.

JCE

Germany
Little Elm, TX
JCE3000GT
That's 34 I count in this pic--but I could of missed a couple.

07120222.jpg

How much money is that total? Like $10 million USD?

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Partyboy78
JCE
That's 34 I count in this pic--but I could of missed a couple.

07120222.jpg

How much money is that total? Like $10 million USD?
Over. Between $12-$16 million.
Wait, wait.

30+ F40's- and not one owner had a half decent camera?

I want high-res. NAO!
I'm surprised no one caught this on video.

Meh, what is everyone so excited about? They are only overpriced 20 year old Fiats!

NOT! OMG that would have been so awesome! I think my brain would have exploded from sensory overload hearing them all start in unison.

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Partyboy78
How many different models of F40 were there? Or only one model with yearly differences?
1. The only other 2 were racing versions, the GTE & LM. All those after market spoilers & 5-spoke racing rims you see are pretty done to look like it.

1. The only other 2 were racing versions, the GTE & LM. All those after market spoilers & 5-spoke racing rims you see are pretty done to look like it.

There were also the 200 or so "Americanised" road versions identifiable by their additional rubber bumpers.

Muzaffar

follow me @muzaffarmusa
Premium
Malaysia
Malaysia
MuzaffarMusa
:bowdown: :drool:

That is just amazing. The black one just looks spectacular!!!! 👍 :D
But I wonder, if there is 400 F40's being made, and Japan gets 34, is there any other F40 gathering in the U.S. or Europe?

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Partyboy78
:bowdown: :drool:

That is just amazing. The black one just looks spectacular!!!! 👍 :D
But I wonder, if there is 400 F40's being made, and Japan gets 34, is there any other F40 gathering in the U.S. or Europe?

There's actually, I believe, 1,300 F40's made from 1987 to 1992. But F40 gatherings will probably not happen for a while after this. Your closest bet to a large gathering of F40's, is when a large gathering of all Ferrari's is organized.

Muzaffar

follow me @muzaffarmusa
Premium
Malaysia
Malaysia
MuzaffarMusa
There's actually, I believe, 1,300 F40's made from 1987 to 1992. But F40 gatherings will probably not happen for a while after this. Your closest bet to a large gathering of F40's, is when a large gathering of all Ferrari's is organized.

Whoops, yeah. I mean 1300 of them (after reading wikipedia) But still i'm amazed. There are so many of them, and yet, they are rarely spotted on the street. Why can't they just let it loose on the streets? (but I'm guessing the car is too loud to run on the road, but what a sound it is. 👍) The only Ferrari gathering that I know of was the Ferrari 60th anniversary trip. But other than that, I can't think of anything else.

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Partyboy78
Whoops, yeah. I mean 1300 of them (after reading wikipedia) But still i'm amazed. There are so many of them, and yet, they are rarely spotted on the street. Why can't they just let it loose on the streets? (but I'm guessing the car is too loud to run on the road, but what a sound it is. 👍) The only Ferrari gathering that I know of was the Ferrari 60th anniversary trip. But other than that, I can't think of anything else.
They probably don't drive them much because it's not an easy car to drive, nor is very comfortable to do so.

Blake

Premium
Australia
NSW, Australia
haswell00
They probably don't drive them much because it's not an easy car to drive, nor is very comfortable to do so.

A shame, too, because IMO it’s one of the most iconic supercars ever.

Flerbizky

Weltanschauung
Premium
Denmark
Whateversville
Flerbizky
A shame, too, because IMO it’s one of the most iconic supercars ever.

And one of the most beautiful as well... That you can see the CF weave through the paint just shows how far Ferrari went with this..

Pah!.. Who cares if it's comfortable or easy to drive..