FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on jasonguernsey there are about 30 players maxed out at 75.000 DR (Europe).
How will PD choose players for the 24 Superstars race? Could be that you got 75000 DR and will not be able to enter the race?
btw. I am not addressed with this "problem" :)

Based on jasonguernsey there are about 30 players maxed out at 75.000 DR (Europe).
How will PD choose players for the 24 Superstars race? Could be that you got 75000 DR and will not be able to enter the race?
I hope it's not alphabetical :D
I'd really like to be in that race and finally get a clean result without stupid mistakes. At least last Saturday I was able to claw back some places after the spins...

hope so - i also hope, they will lift the Point Cap (75 k DR) further! Eventuellay every good Player will reach that Point, which is ********. You will earn the most if you rae against "slow" 75k Player... better avoid "good" 75k Player then ^^

IRacing has no cap btw... thats for the same reason!

Top 24 race shouldn’t be based on DR IMO, should be based on the leader board of that season. I’m sure there a plenty of fast drivers that don’t get chance to race as much as they want so won’t get to max DR so never get chance to get in the top 24 race. Plus the fact, the concept that only 24 drivers realistically have the chance to win any season seems unfair to me.

Top 24 race shouldn’t be based on DR IMO, should be based on the leader board of that season. I’m sure there a plenty of fast drivers that don’t get chance to race as much as they want so won’t get to max DR so never get chance to get in the top 24 race. Plus the fact, the concept that only 24 drivers realistically have the chance to win any season seems unfair to me.

Its only test seasons. May change it for full fat FIA championships.

Last edited:

There's someone with 2 accounts at 75,000 (moved to a new team) and also the times of the races clearly don't suit a few of them as I haven't seen them in a while. In the next month though I can see it being 75,000 only unless they up the cap which they really need to do at the very least (or just get rid of it).

If you did it by leaderboard you'd see almost no change at all in who did it. The top guys are consistently getting at least 2,000pts a race (I got that much for coming 6th this week at Nurburgring GP). Would prefer it though as there are some guys with very high DR who are quite far off the pace because they spam the Daily Races which most top S/S guys don't bother with anymore.

Always something with this game. For this one time I had the possibility to try FIA this week as not so much working hours. First the wheel stopped working and and now I got kicked out by network error. Always nice to be testing and training few hours and this happens. 👎

Even got in with a very good lobby this time with zkippe, twissy mclaren etc. and I knew I was very competive.

I don't have time for this :rolleyes:

There's someone with 2 accounts at 75,000 (moved to a new team) and also the times of the races clearly don't suit a few of them as I haven't seen them in a while. In the next month though I can see it being 75,000 only unless they up the cap which they really need to do at the very least (or just get rid of it).

If you did it by leaderboard you'd see almost no change at all in who did it. The top guys are consistently getting at least 2,000pts a race (I got that much for coming 6th this week at Nurburgring GP). Would prefer it though as there are some guys with very high DR who are quite far off the pace because they spam the Daily Races which most top S/S guys don't bother with anymore.

I agree, the fast guys are still more than likely to be in it and it appears to be the fastest that are in it now which is exactly how it should be. But with the current system only a limited few get the chance, if it was done on the leaderboard many more would have the opportunity.

A nightmare of racing this week. DR down from 74750 to 70250.
I can't believe I'm still in events with drivers who block you (or at don't check behind them after pit exit) in qualifying. It's ludicrous.
Anyway, just started preparing for Test Season 21. I'll have to skip Top 24 tomorrow because I may not even qualify!

+1

For the previous season test, Brands Hatch was the final race of the Nations Cup and I was able to get into Top 3 leaderboard. Then I registered for the Top 24 but the game said me "no" because I was 27th. I was so mad. Had a great chance to win.

I hate the fact a race allows you to win points x3, it makes the others races useless. The final ranking is about the same than the Top 24 ranking.

+1

For the previous season test, Brands Hatch was the final race of the Nations Cup and I was able to get into Top 3 leaderboard. Then I registered for the Top 24 but the game said me "no" because I was 27th. I was so mad. Had a great chance to win.

I hate the fact a race allows you to win points x3, it makes the others races useless. The final ranking is about the same than the Top 24 ranking.

I understand your frustration. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the methods of selecting the top 24.
I'm rather frustrated by it myself because I simply don't have the time to practice for each event to maintain a consistent 75000 DR. I also only have time to enter some Top 24 races. Once I reach 75000 DR, I'm only going to participate in the Top 24 races and perhaps 2/3 FIA races per week.

I think they should allow a specific number of drivers to race in the Top 24 depending on various circumstances.
For example:
- The top 8 of the season before the Saturday should, in my opinion, automatically be selected.
- The top 8 drivers based on DR (maybe because they don't have the time to race as often as other drivers)
- The top 8 in the time trial leaderboards for the Top 24 Superstars race.
Obviously, if some drivers overlap with the aforementioned categories, the system can choose the top 8 in the season, top 8 based on DR etc.
Just an idea.

I understand your frustration. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the methods of selecting the top 24.
I'm rather frustrated by it myself because I simply don't have the time to practice for each event to maintain a consistent 75000 DR. I also only have time to enter some Top 24 races. Once I reach 75000 DR, I'm only going to participate in the Top 24 races and perhaps 2/3 FIA races per week.

I think they should allow a specific number of drivers to race in the Top 24 depending on various circumstances.
For example:
- The top 8 of the season before the Saturday should, in my opinion, automatically be selected.
- The top 8 drivers based on DR (maybe because they don't have the time to race as often as other drivers)
- The top 8 in the time trial leaderboards for the Top 24 Superstars race.
Obviously, if some drivers overlap with the aforementioned categories, the system can choose the top 8 in the season, top 8 based on DR etc.
Just an idea.

Lewis Hamilton wouldn't just turn up at Abu Dhabi (at the end of the season) and just race there because he is a top driver. They should ditch the lucrative top 24 race. Make everyone of them race at least 3 races of the season to rightfully earn their spot at the top table.

No season 21 notice up yet. Likely not happening.

If you look on the race calendar test season 21 is on there

A nightmare of racing this week. DR down from 74750 to 70250.
I can't believe I'm still in events with drivers who block you (or at don't check behind them after pit exit) in qualifying. It's ludicrous.
Anyway, just started preparing for Test Season 21. I'll have to skip Top 24 tomorrow because I may not even qualify!

Raced against you earlier on race B, pretty quick there! But that’s my point about DR, you obviously are quick enough for the top 24 but because you don’t race much you miss the opportunity which doesn’t seem fair.

Doesn’t really affect me either way as I’m unlikely to make it into a top 24 race anyway. But if it is based on the results of that season then it should definitely be the quickest drivers in that race. The other point being if someone has taken the effort to enter all the races in a season and doing well, and let say they have 60k DR, there’s a good chance they don’t get to enter if enough with higher DR turn up so miss out on the chance to win a season.

If you look on the race calendar test season 21 is on there

Raced against you earlier on race B, pretty quick there! But that’s my point about DR, you obviously are quick enough for the top 24 but because you don’t race much you miss the opportunity which doesn’t seem fair.

Doesn’t really affect me either way as I’m unlikely to make it into a top 24 race anyway. But if it is based on the results of that season then it should definitely be the quickest drivers in that race. The other point being if someone has taken the effort to enter all the races in a season and doing well, and let say they have 60k DR, there’s a good chance they don’t get to enter if enough with higher DR turn up so miss out on the chance to win a season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, currently there's no notice on got sport website.

I dont participate in the FIA stuff because i cant race on a schedule. But imo the top 24 races should be about prestige. PD should broadcast the races and maybe pay out huge amounts of credits and experience but dont let it interfere with the championships. Maybe have a bunch of trophy's made and send out to the podium finishers. Make it a show, use it to advertise the game to maybe attract new players.

Should've done a later time for the Manufacturer Series race today. I won by a big margin but as expected, the points were so low that it was more like a 7th in a more usual field. :lol:

On the flip side, had my best performance by far in the Nations Cup. About the best I can do in this game unless they fix the gas pedal. It really does come down to qualifying well so I can run that consistent pace that keeps me in the hunt.

Am I reading this right--- that if 3 cars out of the 24 pick m6's or whatever (and they Nerf m6's allotment to 2), then someone won't make it through even if best 3 racers in world. Now a very decent incentive not to pick the fastest car.

・ If the maximum number of slots for an auto manufacturer is 2 for the Manufacturer Fan Cup, only up to 2 players from the same auto manufacturer will be matched together in a single Top 24 Superstars race.

Am I reading this right--- that if 3 cars out of the 24 pick m6's or whatever (and they Nerf m6's allotment to 2), then someone won't make it through even if best 3 racers in world. Now a very decent incentive not to pick the fastest car.

・ If the maximum number of slots for an auto manufacturer is 2 for the Manufacturer Fan Cup, only up to 2 players from the same auto manufacturer will be matched together in a single Top 24 Superstars race.

Yes and there's a good chance you won't get in if you live in a major country too, seems very fair, not. Not that it affects me because I have not raced one of these races and would likely struggle to get into the top 24 Superstars race anyway, of course if I lived in some small random EMEA country I'd now get in though. :rolleyes:

Yes and there's a good chance you won't get in if you live in a major country too, seems very fair, not. Not that it affects me because I have not raced one of these races and would likely struggle to get into the top 24 Superstars race anyway, of course if I lived in some small random EMEA country I'd now get in though. :rolleyes:

Up to 2 players from each country is way too low. Only 2 drivers from France, Germany, UK, Spain? pfft

Doesn't affect me and as much as I like some of the ideas, a maximum of 2 for countries in EMEA is stupid and will just decrease the quality of the Top 24 Superstars.

It isn't a Top 24 Superstars if many of those superstars aren't allowed in the race.

I'd have gone with 3 rather than 2 but;
  • UK
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Finland
  • Portugal
  • Belgium
These countries all have at least 2 top 24 drivers from experience, so that's 18/24 and that's not including the Fuvaros and derek737's of this world. Asian top 24 races atm are 90% Japan, so that's going to be pretty brutal for them (the limit on that region and America is 10). Europe race will still have amazing depth, whilst Asia/America will probably suffer a bit. I like the Manufacturers 2 limit though, makes things a lot more interesting and my Gr4 testing for today's Nations suggest that class is very well balanced.

I don't think they will limit it to 2 per country but looking at last week's Top 24 race (I only counted down to 17th) was:

M4 16x
TT 1x

France x6
Great Britain x7
Finland x1
Belgium x1
Italy x1
Netherlands x1

Could be interesting......

Up to 2 players from each country is way too low. Only 2 drivers from France, Germany, UK, Spain? pfft

Doesn't affect me and as much as I like some of the ideas, a maximum of 2 for countries in EMEA is stupid and will just decrease the quality of the Top 24 Superstars.

It isn't a Top 24 Superstars if many of those superstars aren't allowed in the race.

They are giving an example, they never made a concrete statement as to how many slots a Country or Manufacturer will have. What this means now is that you won't have 6 Porsche 911's in the top 10 at the end of a race, it's a way to diversify the field.

The other page specifically says a max of 2 per country in EMEA and 2 per manufacturer, for Test Season 21.

I don't mind the manufacturer part as much. It's the nations cup that I was discussing and offering my issues.

Ahh, just seen it. Yea i dont think it'll work for nations cup. Maybe in europe it could work but the US and Japan certainly need more spots in their region.

They are giving an example, they never made a concrete statement as to how many slots a Country or Manufacturer will have. What this means now is that you won't have 6 Porsche 911's in the top 10 at the end of aa race, its a way to diversify the field (though its already divers i think).

The other page specifically says a max of 2 per country in EMEA and 2 per manufacturer, for Test Season 21.

I don't mind the manufacturer part as much. It's the nations cup that I was discussing and offering my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back