FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That changed quick. If only I had a wheel I could go for first, but I'll do what I can to try and get a little bit. Good luck trying to tame the crazy karts.

Really hard! It’s like:
If it’s a perfect lap, it’s close to my best.
If I do one little mistake, I loose 2 to 3 tenths.
And I’m trying to do 20 laps in a row, and was only able to do 12 without crashing.

I don’t know if it makes a huge difference, but maybe fuel consumption shouldn’t be accelerated. Maybe they should limit fuel load instead. I think this would make it more difficult to save so much fuel by drafting and short shifting.

That said, it gets me anxious and all mathematical inside my head while driving, but it feels so good when it pays off!

Yesterday I managed a second place in the Manufacturers Cup in Blue Moon driving a 911. Amazing race by everybody! A grid full of S and A drivers! The only other 911 in the race managed a huge comeback. Started dead last and finished seventh!

I think the fuel savings from drafting is very exaggerated in this game, maybe I'm wrong - but it doesn't feel accurate.
My Blue Moon (9:10pm start) was weird - didn't get anyone to draft off in the qualifying session and qualified 15th in my Evo, managed to claw my way back to 3rd even though I had to burn about 8 seconds of penalties off throughout the race from people driving into me.

This was all mostly because the lead group did separate from us, but almost all of them had to slow down either due to penalties, or running out of fuel.

I think the fuel savings from drafting is very exaggerated in this game, maybe I'm wrong - but it doesn't feel accurate.
My Blue Moon (9:10pm start) was weird - didn't get anyone to draft off in the qualifying session and qualified 15th in my Evo, managed to claw my way back to 3rd even though I had to burn about 8 seconds of penalties off throughout the race from people driving into me.

This was all mostly because the lead group did separate from us, but almost all of them had to slow down either due to penalties, or running out of fuel.

It’s as exaggerated as the fuel consumption multiplier.

Championship Test Season 20 will commence on 25 March. Below you can find the race schedule for Season 20; for both the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series, there will be a 'Top 24 Superstars' race in the final round.

[Championship Daily Race Schedule (all times are UTC)]
■ FIA GT Nations Cup - Test Season 20
Round 1: 25 March, 2018 (Sunday) - Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car / Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop
Round 2: 26 March, 2018 (Monday) - Gr.4 / Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP
Round 3: 27 March, 2018 (Tuesday) - Toyota 86 GRMN '16 / Suzuka Circuit East Course
Round 4: 29 March, 2018 (Thursday) - Gr.1 / Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Round 5: 30 March, 2018 (Friday) - Gr.3 / Autódromo de Interlagos
Round 6: 31 March, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.4 / Dragon Trail - Seaside

Starting time for each race, every day: 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day. 'Top 24 Superstars' race schedule: Round 6, 19:00 UTC

■ FIA GT Manufacturer Series - Test Season 20
Round 1: 25 March, 2018 (Sunday) - Gr.4 / Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Round 2: 26 March, 2018 (Monday) - Gr.3 / Nürburgring GP
Round 3: 27 March, 2018 (Tuesday) - Gr.3 / BB Raceway
Round 4: 29 March, 2018 (Thursday) - Gr.4 / Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Round 5: 30 March, 2018 (Friday) - Gr.4 / Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A
Round 6: 31 March, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Suzuka Circuit

Starting time for each race, every day: 17:10, 18:10, 19:10, 20:10, 21:10. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day. 'Top 24 Superstars' race schedule: Round 6, 20:10 UTC

Please be aware that during the Test Season there is a possibility that the Championship schedule and rules may be changed at any given time.

I finally did my first FIA race today. Wow, did I get my behind kicked but quite enjoyed the racing.

I almost wanted to get out of my car and push that WRX down the straight. :lol:

It would seem that times have been pushed back an hour on FIA races. Now starting a 1800 to 2200.

It would seem that times have been pushed back an hour on FIA races. Now starting a 1800 to 2200.
are those uk times? Fantastic! That's great for me! 5pm was too early and quite often I won't get home until after eight.....

They are using UTC time. In UTC there is no daylight savings time. That's why the races moved back by one hour. I'm not sure if that was intended. The new times won't be ideal for people who have family. They should really space them out over the day a bit more.

They are using UTC time. In UTC there is no daylight savings time. That's why the races moved back by one hour. I'm not sure if that was intended. The new times won't be ideal for people who have family. They should really space them out over the day a bit more.

Good point. Would think it will go back. Rather it didn't

I thought later races would be better for people with families? Go racing after putting the kids to bed kinda thing.

If I'm wrong please correct me as I'm a childless single person who is scared of picking up babies incase I drop one.

They could easily spread the races by having the nations on odd hours, manufacturer's on even hours.... Let's see what happens when the test season finishes.

I thought later races would be better for people with families? Go racing after putting the kids to bed kinda thing.

If I'm wrong please correct me as I'm a childless single person who is scared of picking up babies incase I drop one.

They could easily spread the races by having the nations on odd hours, manufacturer's on even hours.... Let's see what happens when the test season finishes.

I’m not sure. It obviously depends on the circumstances. Speaking of myself, I would like to take part in the races earlier in the afternoon when I get home from work. After dinner my girlfriend usually demands that I spend some time with her;)

Either way, spreading out the races would be preferable. I like your idea. The player pool should be big enough to support races from 2 pm till midnight.

Had a lovely race at Bathurst last night took pole with a 2.14 after getting held up by a guy blocking into and out of the last corner then lead from start to finish and won by 30s dropped into the 2.12s for the fl as well

I really need to start doing a bit of practice before doing these FIA races. I'm always caught knee deep in an S class swarm and the SLS and I were just not on the same page.

Just raced on the nations race at Maggiore and some annoying driver decides he is going to slam his brakes on just after the start of the back straight. I had no time to react and guess what - race over :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Surely it would have been better go stop further down the straight or does that require too much intelligence! !!

Just raced on the nations race at Maggiore and some annoying driver decides he is going to slam his brakes on just after the start of the back straight. I had no time to react and guess what - race over :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Surely it would have been better go stop further down the straight or does that require too much intelligence! !!

Think they would counteract that notion by ghosting people whose penalties go down.

I was in third today until the final corner when the second placed guy decided to slow down. In the middle of the corner. Not on the straight. I went around him, carried too much speed and crashed into the wall.
P8...

Does anyone have any stats on number of racers in Manufacturers vs Nation's cup each day; and which are most popular timeslots?

I suppose the busiest times would be the most competitive, so would be interested to see if it pans out like that.

@james_L In my experience, 6pm and 7pm weekdays, 5pm and 6pm at weekends were typically the most competitive. Since the new timetable, the most competitive races have shifted an hour forward. 8pm in Nations Cup was all S/S tonight.

Really, it's about luck. Some drivers join races together at different times throughout the week.

Last edited:

Actually Arc I was on the right hand side of the track OFF the racing line and you decided to follow me there. That's your own doing... I'll happily upload the clip if you want... Hardly this annoying drivers fault!

Edit: My speed dropped from 120 to 95, so hardly a slam on either. In addition I was on the straight (On the right hand side) for a good 2 seconds before I broke to indicate my intentions. If I had waited any longer you'd have been even closer to me with what you intended to do... I.e. use the slipstream. Finally doing it later on the straight would have caused even more issues as it's over the crest of hill where the speed difference would be higher and even more blind... Maybe think a little next time...

Last edited:
For the real FIA championships, does anyone think the very high DR rating will be a factor?
For example, drivers with 75000 DR will only matchmake with the highest DR rated drivers. Or will it not matter what 'S' DR level you are?

Yesterday: Gr.3 FIA race at BB Raceway? That doesn't make much sense. It's going to be a draft-fest!

Today: Great combination and I'm not just saying that because I got my first ever pole and win in an FIA race.

:lol:

This is exactly what I do as a father of two little girls. The new 11pm race in Germany (because of day saving time) is perfect for me as my wife goes to bed between 10 and 11. :)

A very interesting Saturday ahead in the Top 24 Superstars Manufacturers Cup at Suzuka (Gr3). Many picked BMW, but the new BoP update could allow other manufacturers to make a name for themselves.

A very interesting Saturday ahead in the Top 24 Superstars Manufacturers Cup at Suzuka (Gr3). Many picked BMW, but the new BoP update could allow other manufacturers to make a name for themselves.
Surely Suzuka = Porsche, no?

Nah, there was a Suzuka Gr3 Top 24 about 4... (maybe) weeks ago?

The Corvette completely destroyed the Porsche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back