FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting Aston Martin down smh

EDIT: I don't even think the @Tidgney Pug dream was even alive to begin with looking at that lol
I really did. Would have been 1st reserve for the superstars instead of 2nd reserve and Aston would be tied for 16th. I'm relying on a couple of people ahead of me not entering the Monza superstars race.

Tidges Pug dream is definitely over. At least he qualified for nations.

Poor Alfa :grumpy: still I wanna ask something to the guys that will do the Top 24 at Monza: I'm 2nd in the Alfa standing, 2000 points circa behind F4H Rosso who is in 1st, so I'm technically eligible for the Top 24 :rolleyes: Am I a lost cause or nobody will be hurt if I try to enter ? :confused:

It's improbable, I know, but I wanna try :lol:
Its very unlikely the you'll qualify. I'm currently 37th in Europe and top Aston but only 2nd reserve for the race

Well, after while without uploading videos. I leave u my last nations race. I forgot to save my manu, where i end up being 5th, cause an awful qualy harmed by traffic. (9th).
Hope you guys enjoy, and stay tuned for Episode 3 of the Talk Show at @LLOYDZELITE69 channel! We are gonna have some guest, and talk about some backround storues of how we become good at Gran Turismo.

The F1 Nation event on Suzuka was a real mess. It's a shame because this car have a fantastic potential , it's really made for racing but for this happening we need to stay on track. Not an easy task.
I see 2 mains problems to be corrected, this is true for all cars in GTS but it's brought out in this F1 case.

1st point : You'll never see the Hamilton's car , in 2d or 3rd gear spinning rear tires under accel out a turn or in straight line with full trottle input.

2d point: PD fail totally with the car's inertia physic representation, mainly at low speed .
It seems to me that it happen mainly when the car loose contact with the ground
With normal real life physics , the car must stay inline following the force vector. But at low speed , the car just begun to spin.
Just like if the car pivot was a single point. Any car in game react normally in contact with the road with certain amount of grip more or less important according to the tire grade + the downforce .
But , when the car loose contact with the ground, over kerbs or in an hairpin or slow chicane , (perhaps this is also due to a deformed chassis geometry anomaly when you put a lot of angle to your wheel ,you can see this looking at people turning their wheel during FIA race presentation car by car) , then the car begin to spin around this single pivot axle like a hand spinner.

I would love to see a physic update resolving this problem.

Wooo! Had a great night in both races yesterday.

Nations:

I spent the whole day at work as a nervous wreck, worrying about throwing the W08 off the track. I watched a few hotlap replays before the race and this helped get me into a different cornering and braking headspace. Qualified on pole but the FT's mugged me at the start. Followed Ant while Nico chased, the three of us pulling away. Nico started applying pressure to me by lap three but goosed it out of Degner and dropped back. Ant help the lead and I had no real answer, although I stayed within his draft. Somewhere around halfway, Ant blinked out and disconnected. Big shame, the race was probably his to win. With no one close behind I took it easy doing 33's and 34's and managed a no stop without any mistakes. HUGE relief. Very pleased.

4908923669149910528_0.jpg

FT_Ant leads into T1

5044031666558862856_0.jpg

FT_Ant, roadbeef, FT_NicoR through Casio, lap 1

---------------

Manufacturers

Had another good qualifying, P2 behind FT_Solid. Cayman felt like the way to go at Fresh Prince Willow. The opening laps were amazing racing, practically the entire field kept within a few seconds from tip to tail. I found a draft to get next to Solid and we had a lovely side by side fight through T1 and T2. Punished my tires to pull a gap while Solid battled with SprintCupChamp1. Into the pits lap 9, had 3 seconds upon exiting, but Solid pulled it down to under 2 seconds as we both pushed real hard in the closing laps. My cat almost got me to cross up into a spin three laps from the end. Somehow managed to keep the gap steady to Solid and pulled home a second win in as many races. F* yeah!!!!!

4909491017149841928_0.jpg

FT_Soild leading the way on lap 1.

Looking forward to the next rounds. Feeling like I'm hitting my stride. Watch me jinx it.

@RoadBeef , you're on fire man, keep it up!

What time was your Willow race? I keep trying to find the best splits to race for max points, but due to my family life can only realistically race in the 9:10 or 10:10 slots. 8:10 is possible, but I would be going in cold with no warm up laps, and I'm not sure that is a good idea if I'm shooting for max points.

Congrats on the win last night!

@RoadBeef , you're on fire man, keep it up!

What time was your Willow race? I keep trying to find the best splits to race for max points, but due to my family life can only realistically race in the 9:10 or 10:10 slots. 8:10 is possible, but I would be going in cold with no warm up laps, and I'm not sure that is a good idea if I'm shooting for max points.

Congrats on the win last night!

Why thank you :cheers:

I ran the last slots for nations and manu. West coast worktimes also restrict my slot choices so I feel ya.

Letting Aston Martin down smh

EDIT: I don't even think the @Tidgney Pug dream was even alive to begin with looking at that lol

Hey, don't discount me just yet xD! Just make sure all the super duper manufacturers dominate Monza and I have a chance :lol:!

To be fair if I make the last top 24 and come 5th, the dream might be on :D! It's good at Interlagos! So the dream isn't dead..... yet! Could be on Saturday though if I don't get a good lobby and a good finish! RIP that blue moon incident, triggered for life :lol:.

@RoadBeef , I think the bigger issue is I’m still working through is building my DR, so I’ve probably been in 2nd tier rooms.

My pace is getting better and my fuel management continues to improve, so as long as disconnects or bad luck moments don’t knock my dr rating back too far, I hope to end up in a top lobby sometime soon.

Whatever you’ve got going on, keep it up; you’re hauling ass and collecting a ton of FIA points in the process! :cheers:

Anyone ever have a crazy race, and then before saving the replay you get booted out of the lobby before you get the chance?

Yea, that was me in the F1 race. Shame. My race reminded me of Jenson in Canada but without the rain. I was last place after the first turn after someone punted me. Also spun a couple times, yet still managed to win the race after the leader spun after the final chicane. It was probably because I was putting immense pressure on him by taking 2 seconds per lap off him in the last few laps.

In case you're wondering how I was so much faster than everyone, here's a tip, never rage quit a race. It dropped my DR from 35,420 to 17,258 so I'm stuck racing against B Class for now.

My fault but I was also completely shocked how bad the F1 was with tire wear enabled. I meant to practice with tire wear on but completely forgot. I couldn't believe how much slower it was with tire wear. I was doing 1:31's in practice, then in the race qualifying the best I could've managed was 1:33's.

@RoadBeef , I think the bigger issue is I’m still working through is building my DR, so I’ve probably been in 2nd tier rooms.

My pace is getting better and my fuel management continues to improve, so as long as disconnects or bad luck moments don’t knock my dr rating back too far, I hope to end up in a top lobby sometime soon.

Whatever you’ve got going on, keep it up; you’re hauling ass and collecting a ton of FIA points in the process! :cheers:

Once you get into the top split rooms, you’re going to miss those 2nd tier rooms. It’s always more fun (and worth a lot more points) to compete for the win in a lower room than it is to compete for 18th and 400 points in a top split.

I can only dream of being able to race in 1500 point lobbies consistently. Being in the 2600 point lobbies has killed me this season. The way the points system works disincentivizes 2nd and 3rd tier drivers for working their way to the top.

Last edited:
You make a good point @bloodyboyblue , I hadn’t thought about it like that. I typically only race the FIA Manufactures Races so my dr gain has been slow with racing only twice a week, and when I got t-boned at Tokyo or disconnected it falls back a lot and takes forever to get back to where it was. It’s all good, and the journey has been fun!

I guess I’ll enjoy it while I’m here, and see what happens down the road.

Cheers!

I can only dream of being able to race in 1500 point lobbies consistently. Being in the 2600 point lobbies has killed me this season. The way the points system works disincentivizes 2nd and 3rd tier drivers for working their way to the top.
Exactly! Last Manufactures I filled up the top split seeded last :scared:. Goal was top 15, finished 11th, which felt like a little win, but “only” got about 1.100 Points (winner about 2600). In the 2nd tier I might have got a top 5 finish, which may be worth 1500-2000 Points :sly:.

If we take 2 splits as an example, the player who finished 6/7th or above in the 2nd tier does get more points than someone who is finishing in the top split on 10th. So, if we count 40 players for the two splits, the 26/27th placed gets more points than 10th.

So, why PD/FIA doesn’t add some base points for higher splits? This will also reduce the “need” for some players to reduce or keep their DR low ;).

You make a good point @bloodyboyblue , I hadn’t thought about it like that. I typically only race the FIA Manufactures Races so my dr gain has been slow with racing only twice a week, and when I got t-boned at Tokyo or disconnected it falls back a lot and takes forever to get back to where it was. It’s all good, and the journey has been fun!

I guess I’ll enjoy it while I’m here, and see what happens down the road.

Cheers!
What are you doing racing at Tokyo!? :lol:

What are you doing racing at Tokyo!? :lol:

LOL, totally! Especially in the Porsche, of course I thought I had a decent strategy as the race unfolded for a high top ten, but what my strategy didn’t account for was the Lancer in front of me to sideswipe the wall and t-bone me into infinity.

I’m concerned that Monza May be almost as bad as Tokyo for the Porsche RSR.

as seems to always be the way with me recently, i had one very good race and one very bad race

first up was the Manufacturers race - i don't like Willow Springs, doesn't suit my driving style and even looking at a bit of dirt seems to end with you going for a 40 second long trek through the wilderness. unsurprisingly i qualified in 18th place, and although i did move up a couple of places, a spin on the exit of the final corner dropped me back again. same thing happened a few laps later, gained a place or two but someone taking out the boards on the final corner meant i had no idea where to brake/lift off so went miles deep and smashed into a wall. ended up finishing 16th and last, so about as bad as you can get.

second race was the Nations cup in the Mercedes F1 car, which was an absolute handful. i knew i wouldn't get a clean race in, but my plan was to try and minimise mistakes and not let it get to me when they inevitably did happen. qualified in 5th, albeit 5 seconds off pole (field spread was ridiculous, lap place was 45 seconds down on pole!) and got a bad start off the line, before someone gave me a bump start (thanks) before bumping me off in T1 (no thanks) to drop to 12th. a lap and a half later i was back up to 3rd though as people were falling off the track left right and centre, and i actually managed to stay in 3rd for a lap or so before joining in on the spinning action, and after offs as Degner 2 and the final chicane i was back down to 8th.

by lap 10 i was back up to 3rd and had plenty of time in my pocket to pit and hold the position, but i span twice at the final chicane somehow on my inlap, and ended up in 4th. 3rd then span off at the final chicane, giving me the place back, but 1st had by this point come round to lap us so we were both ghosting, so 4th just drove through me at the hairpin (bit cheeky) and held the place til the end of the race. massively hard work, but a properly decent result in my book.

think that'll be my last FIA race unfortunately as i'm away from this Saturday to next Saturday - currently just inside the top 10 in London and just outside the top 100 for the UK, so that's not too bad 👍

Once you get into the top split rooms, you’re going to miss those 2nd tier rooms. It’s always more fun (and worth a lot more points) to compete for the win in a lower room than it is to compete for 18th and 400 points in a top split.

This is me exactly. I was racking up FIA points pretty nicely at the beginning of the season, but since my DR has increased I’ve ended up in several of the top lobbies bringing up the rear. It’s nice to think that I’m somewhat close to being able to race with those guys, but I’m not quite there yet. Now I’m finishing somewhere between 15-20 for basically no points, when before I was shooting for top 5 in lobbies where a win could still get you 1500-1800 points. It’s unfortunate.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1854855.html

The details of the races for the FIA Gran Turismo Championships 2018 Series "Final Season" have been amended as follows.

[Before amendment]
Nations Cup
- Round 10: 8 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.1 / Circuit de la Sarthe (15 min)
- Round 10: 8 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.1 / Circuit de la Sarthe (25 min) (Top 24 Superstars)

- Round 8: 01 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Monza Circuit (15 min)
- Round 8: 01 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Monza Circuit (25 min) (Top 24 Superstars)

[After amendment]
Nations Cup
- Round 10: 8 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.1 / Circuit de la Sarthe (5 Laps)
- Round 10: 8 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.1 / Circuit de la Sarthe (8 Laps) (Top 24 Superstars)

Manufacturer Series
- Round 8: 01 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Monza Circuit (9 Laps)
- Round 8: 01 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Monza Circuit (14 Laps) (Top 24 Superstars)

- Round 8: 01 September, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Monza Circuit (15 min)
Fuel Consumption: 5 Times
Tyre Wear: 9 Times

I'm a bit concerned now... If my GT-R's tyres were destroyed in Willow Springs... what is it going to happen in Monza with x9 tyre wear?

Fuel Consumption: 5 Times
Tyre Wear: 9 Times

I'm a bit concerned now... If my GT-R's tyres were destroyed in Willow Springs... what is it going to happen in Monza with x9 tyre wear?

Willow Springs has many long fast turns, where the tyres are really going to struggle. Meanwhile Monza consists of a lot of straights, hence Monza is usually given a higher tyre wear multiplyer because the tyre wear isn't large there.

This is me exactly. I was racking up FIA points pretty nicely at the beginning of the season, but since my DR has increased I’ve ended up in several of the top lobbies bringing up the rear. It’s nice to think that I’m somewhat close to being able to race with those guys, but I’m not quite there yet. Now I’m finishing somewhere between 15-20 for basically no points, when before I was shooting for top 5 in lobbies where a win could still get you 1500-1800 points. It’s unfortunate.

They need to tweak this for next season.

I'm personally not too bothered about but I can see how its a real wind up for those taking it more seriously.

They need to tweak this for next season.

I'm personally not too bothered about but I can see how its a real wind up for those taking it more seriously.

It’s definitely been the difference between being in the Canadian top 10/top 50 or 60 overall and at least putting up a fight in manufacturers like I normally am when I average 1200-1300 points per race, and being way out of contention for anything like this season where I’m averaging like 700 per race.

I was 59th and 60th overall in Nations in the first two seasons and this one I’m 119th with little to no variation in my own performance.

It’s definitely been the difference between being in the Canadian top 10/top 50 or 60 overall and at least putting up a fight in manufacturers like I normally am when I average 1200-1300 points per race, and being way out of contention for anything like this season where I’m averaging like 700 per race.

I was 59th and 60th overall in Nations in the first two seasons and this one I’m 119th with little to no variation in my own performance.

While it’s true you will get less points then you are used to when you get moved to top split rooms, after a while you should get better and eventually good enough to get the same amount of points, with potential to get more if you nail the perfect race at your pace.
I was used to getting about 11-1400 points, got moved to top splits, went down to 800-1000, And I felt I had to race much harder to even get that.
I stuck with it though, and after about 4 months I started getting back to the usual 11-1400, sometimes less sometimes more. Last manufacturer race I had my best race ever, got 5th, and 2080 points, was seeded last in the room. Never woulda had the chance if I stayed in the lower point rooms.
The point is, you will get better racing against better people, even if at first you will suffer a bit. We aren’t gonna win the tournament anyway lol, so dropping a few hundred points initially doesn’t matter too much, in the end you’ll get better.
In the top split rooms I’m always in the slipstream of someone and someone else is right behind me, it’s intense! The lower rooms often times I’d find myself hotlapping with a big gap in front and behind me. If you really wanna get better, welcome the challenge of the top split rooms and don’t worry that you are getting a few hundred less points, eventually you’ll get back to the usual points as long as you don’t lose interest.
Rambling over lol...

While it’s true you will get less points then you are used to when you get moved to top split rooms, after a while you should get better and eventually good enough to get the same amount of points, with potential to get more if you nail the perfect race at your pace.
I was used to getting about 11-1400 points, got moved to top splits, went down to 800-1000, And I felt I had to race much harder to even get that.
I stuck with it though, and after about 4 months I started getting back to the usual 11-1400, sometimes less sometimes more. Last manufacturer race I had my best race ever, got 5th, and 2080 points, was seeded last in the room. Never woulda had the chance if I stayed in the lower point rooms.
The point is, you will get better racing against better people, even if at first you will suffer a bit. We aren’t gonna win the tournament anyway lol, so dropping a few hundred points initially doesn’t matter too much, in the end you’ll get better.
In the top split rooms I’m always in the slipstream of someone and someone else is right behind me, it’s intense! The lower rooms often times I’d find myself hotlapping with a big gap in front and behind me. If you really wanna get better, welcome the challenge of the top split rooms and don’t worry that you are getting a few hundred less points, eventually you’ll get back to the usual points as long as you don’t lose interest.
Rambling over lol...

Eh, has the opposite effect on me, I just keep getting worse and when I get matched against the people I used to beat I even struggle against them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back