FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kano Manel here's the video of my Manu Race :)

I was so far behind after taking trips to the Sahara that I stopped caring halfway through :lol:
My mind was thinking anime (Overlord in particular) as I was auto-driving my way until I sort of slid on one of the corners :D

Thanks for the vid! You are good, man!

Rank C is a different world. I thought I was being transported to another dimension... people were respectful, kind, didn't push you out, everybody had a plan or strategy, they all seemed to know what they were doing. I saw people clearly saving tyres for later.

If this is racing in C rank how is to race in B and A rank? Must be amazing!

In a technical side note, again the grip in lobby was different (this game keep changing grip levels) the tyres in the Nissan gave up after 7 laps (that is 2 laps less than what I planned) and I couldnt keep it on the tarmac. Finished 9, not bad.

Well mixed evening, I kinda knew that nation cup was gonna be a nightmare but having tamed a bit the f1 I thought I would be good going safely, boy I was wrong. I qualified 5th (low DR A) but by the end of the first lap I was 20th, two spin + a bump spin from someone. Climbed back to 12th just to get pushed off at the 180° turn by someone on fresher tyres than me. Finished 15th.

Manufacturer was a bit more fun, I started 15th after some bad qualifying, worked my way up to 12th just to mess up and ended up 17th (had a pack of 5 cars that went up to 7 cars fighting each other, which helped me save fuel). By the 9th lap Im up to 8th with people going off and some overtakes. Some german ass tried to pushed me off on last corner but I managed to stay alive barely, couldnt get back to him but still finished 4th at the end. It was a pretty funny race but boy my front tires on the evo were dead. Had to turn agressivity down and focus on smoothness to keep my chances alive.

One of my best Nations Cup races...and I didn't record it :D My qualyfing lap was almost 3 seconds off the pace I did on practice (1.30.1) but surprisingly I get pole position (A-S). I don't understand why but the grip on practice had nothing to do with the the grip on qualyfing. I held the first position at start (2nd gear and TC1) and I was in front during 3 laps until I lost the car in the last corner. At least I avoided a spin but I came back on track 7th. After that I set a "safe" pace without making mistakes and I ended up 3rd thanks to fuel saving before pit stop and some mistakes of other drivers. I thought about a non-stop strategy but I was afraid of tyre wear in the last laps, so I decided to pit in order to change tyres (no refuelling). Better than I expected to be honest, 0.025 off the fastest lap and 1600 points :)

One of my best Nations Cup races...and I didn't record it :D My qualyfing lap was almost 3 seconds off the pace I did on practice (1.30.1) but surprisingly I get pole position (A-S). I don't understand why but the grip on practice had nothing to do with the the grip on qualyfing. I held the first position at start (2nd gear and TC1) and I was in front during 3 laps until I lost the car in the last corner. At least I avoided a spin but I came back on track 7th. After that I set a "safe" pace without making mistakes and I ended up 3rd thanks to fuel saving before pit stop and some mistakes of other drivers. I thought about a non-stop strategy but I was afraid of tyre wear in the last laps, so I decided to pit in order to change tyres (no refuelling). Better than I expected to be honest, 0.025 off the fastest lap and 1600 points :)
The grip in practice is different cos there is no tyre wear, where as qualifying/race there is

The hilarious mis-judgement of laps in nations or the scary ass overtake in manufacturers :D? Gets your blood flowing with laughter and failure or excitement at craziness at least! Glad I streamed it even with youtube being stupid because you got to witness it live :D

I know this fuel thing happened a while ago, but I just wanted to share this video in which commentators of Nismo TV talk about GT500 drivers running out of fuel for real (including Jann )
I will never feel stupid for this anymore, even professionals have this problem. I saw this and made me love GTSport even more.

Well, I won the F1 race. But I wouldn't exactly call it enjoyable. First of all, there was a bloody moth in my room that decided it wanted to fly about 10 cm in front of my face every few laps. Then my internet delivered me some incredible lag spikes midway through the race. Thankfully Rofl and Jomas both said the lag didn't affect their races.

Manufacturer was an exercise in frustration, garbage quali which put me midpack and spent most of the race stuck behind slower cars.

upload_2018-8-30_12-50-48.png

Has the final points tally been changed so that disconnects no longer affect the final points payouts? At Willow I finished 11th for 564 points but three people disconnected, so I was expecting a substantially lower points tally, but when checking the final points this morning I have retained all 564 points from the finishing screen.

Has the final points tally been changed so that disconnects no longer affect the final points payouts? At Willow I finished 11th for 564 points but three people disconnected, so I was expecting a substantially lower points tally, but when checking the final points this morning I have retained all 564 points from the finishing screen.

I have also experienced this. On Saturday I was in a lobby where we started qualifying with 20 drivers and finished the first qualifying with 8 drivers left. Everyone else seemed to have disconnected. Than the weird thing happened (at first nothing) but then there was a complete second qualifying.
I came in 3rd for 1274 points but expected a lot lower number after the release of the offiial numbers. But I retained the complete amount. At first I felt embaressed but also very happy. ( I also gained the complete DR for that race).
It was my first big point win (edit : not win but big point earning). At least I could duplicate the result yesterday under normal conditions (qualified 3rd and finished 3rd for 1300 points).
This way at least the Saturday result does not seem like a gift anymore. (maybe it matters when people disconnect) In the past I always had the recalculation when drivers disconnected from the loading screen and did not show up for the warm up anymore)

Last edited:
What a tragic race I had. Was hoping to jump back into the Top 30 in the Manufacturer Series, and although I doubled the points from my lowest score, I fell victim to the last bend of Willow Springs TWICE.

Started in 8th. Moved up to 7th and ate a lot of dirt on lap 3. Worked back up to 8th place and then on the LAST LAP on the LAST corner I went digging for more dirt. Ended up finishing 12th I believe.

Three more races for improvement. I’m going to stay optimistic.

Lol@VW
8th in EU but only 21st in Asia and 24th in Americas :D
All down to Derek737_DK_ . He was smart enough to choose the VGT while I think everyone else is in the Beetle. He is also a much better driver than the rest of us :)

Still trying to do my part, 5945 points at the moment, but can't see myself getting much more. It's down to the rest of the VW drivers to pull us up.

All down to Derek737_DK_ . He was smart enough to choose the VGT while I think everyone else is in the Beetle. He is also a much better driver than the rest of us :)

Still trying to do my part, 5945 points at the moment, but can't see myself getting much more. It's down to the rest of the VW drivers to pull us up.
I think we in Europe can't do much about it, only the points of the leading driver counts. Derek737_DK_ is doing a super job putting VW up on the board like this. Asian and american drivers have to give everything they have. I wonder if the the drivers there realize that they will have a chance to go to the world final. I guess they never expected it in the first place.

In which case it will probably all be down to Derek unless they are in the VGT. It should be strong at the next 2 Gr3 events (Monza and Interlagos), while the Beetle... not so much.

Gr.4 Scirocco should be ok at Yamagiwa though, was ok on the reverse version.

Yes, Derek in EU is showing what VW could do, if only Asia and Americas would catch up, they have a chance of qualifying. However, the remaining races are not “Beetle friendly” and it looks like he is the only one in the world that selected the VGT GTi GR3.

Yes, Derek in EU is showing what VW could do, if only Asia and Americas would catch up, they have a chance of qualifying. However, the remaining races are not “Beetle friendly” and it looks like he is the only one in the world that selected the VGT GTi GR3.

I can say (since he’s on my friends list) that the top VW driver in the Americas did 2 of the first 3 races and then has stopped playing, whether that’s by choice or because he can’t, who knows, but that’s costing VW a few positions on the board.

Now I look at it more none of the TOP 3 VWs from Season 2 are participating this season.

Also just realized I got 900 more points from 4 races in Season 2 than I have from 5 this season. Ugh.

Last edited:
Gr.4 Scirocco should be ok at Yamagiwa though, was ok on the reverse version.[/QUOTE]
IMO the Scirocco is pretty good at Yamagiwa. I gave you a hard time some months ago at Yamagiwa with my Scirocco. As I remember I started 16th and came in just behind you on 6th (I had very good tyres for the finish, with the new tyre model I think it is even better, yesterday I even considered briefly a no stopper but then I chickened out)

I'm just glad I didn't get blue screened. Skipped the F1 race, couldn't get faster than a 1:33.2 and it was a lucky lap, couldn't stay consistent so i saved my DR. Mftr went better than expected, 9th in the room, started 7th, pit jumped to 3rd, fell back and finished 5th. I was running a safe pace to stay on track, didn't pressure anyone nor did I make it difficult for anyone to pass. Big Willow is more of a game of survival than anything imo.

Testing for Nations on Saturday.
Fuel Map 1 will see you doing a stop every 2 laps.
Also the RH tyres don't allow the downforce to be of as much use in the corners but with wear at 10x there is little choice, doubt there will be an option during the stops.
Short shifting, stops lap 3 and 6 probably the best strategy. Perhaps time to go back to manual gears and right stick for throttle/brake.

Want to see front tires getting destroyed? Just watch me drive the Jag around Willow Springs. The strange part was that a lighter fuel load actually made the car even worse. I did try defending my position at the end but they might as well have been waving blue flags at me. :lol:

And then my Mark Webber impersonation at Suzuka. A conservative drive and a hilarious few laps of me saving fuel when I had no reason to. :dunce:

Poor Alfa :grumpy: still I wanna ask something to the guys that will do the Top 24 at Monza: I'm 2nd in the Alfa standing, 2000 points circa behind F4H Rosso who is in 1st, so I'm technically eligible for the Top 24 :rolleyes: Am I a lost cause or nobody will be hurt if I try to enter ? :confused:

It's improbable, I know, but I wanna try :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back