FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. This is an updated spreadsheet based on the Americas scores that I could get from friends, and the Top 24 race. The yellow highlighted Americas scores have not been updated from round 9, but I cant imagine a large shift. Disregard the highlighted "12".

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 33
What a day,

Came from absolutely nowhere in Nations to finish 20th in EMEA Nations, 4th in the UK with NO SUPERSTAR RACES, things were looking absolutely dead before Round 9, then I pulled back to back big lobby wins in Round 9 and 10. This puts me as the first reserve for the Regional Final, as I am the highest rank player overall across all EMEA countries that won't be invited due to the country limit. The first reserve for Nurburgring (@force ewerby) was flown out irrespective, and sure enough still got to race as one of the Italians was absent. I believe @Aderrrm is also being flown out to Salzburg as first reserve for the upcoming world tour, which means I'll very likely get to go to the Regional Finals!

And the World Finals? Yep! It was close as Chevrolet really struggled in the Top 24 race today in basically all 3 regions, the results aren't confirmed yet, but I've worked out there's absolutely no way we can be below 15th mathematically after the American Top 24 result.

Now everyone keep your fingers crossed for @Cuber Tom, we don't know where Aston stand until the Americas results come through as there were no Astons in the Top 24 race... :nervous:

"2018 Off-Season Exhibition - Season 1"

Event Date: 09/12/2018 17:10 - 21:49
BoP: ApplySettings: FixedFuel Consumption: 3 xTire Wear: 13 x
Entry Opens
17:10
Entry Closes
21:34
Duration
40 Min(s)
Your Points
Course Information
Course: Red Bull Ring
Distance: 2.68 miles
Course Condition: Fine Weather
Time: 09:45
Regulation
Category: Gr.3Car Type: Garage CarTire: Racing: HardDR Limit: None
Basic Race Info
Laps: 13 Lap(s)Total Distance: 34.87 milesNo. of Cars: 20 CarsRace Start Format: Grid Start with False Start Check
Race Settings
Mechanical Damage: HEAVY Boost: NoneReduced Traction Off-course: RealSlipstream: Real

Alright. This is an updated spreadsheet based on the Americas scores that I could get from friends, and the Top 24 race. The yellow highlighted Americas scores have not been updated from round 9, but I cant imagine a large shift. Disregard the highlighted "12".

Messed up the previous post. Here is the embedded image.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 8
Was holding my breath during Nico's stream of the T24 Nation's race. I'm A+ and was holding 13th in the region and 5th in the US before this final race. After the race, I'm now 9th in the US! So I think I'm good to go to regional finals as an A+!!!! Super excited!

@RoadBeef and I had our own little A+ championship and it's been a pleasure racing against such a talent, I believe he's also made it by securing 10th in the US, we did it bro!

You killed in today's race at Le Mans. That Peugeot really rocketed away on the straight! Should've went with that one, but I was definitely comfortable holding 2nd. Although the guys behind kept me honest. Really great season, terrific effort from everyone!!!

I maybe joining you guys. Let’s see how things turnout.

Finally this one come to end.

Dml5iKAU4AAv2gx.jpg

Only join Nation cup, and that's only 4 races cause my anxiety and depression so I didn't make lot races good thing it getting better now. Before last night race I on 868th regional ranking, Play on Lemans without pressure and only have fun somewhat make my race better and I can finish on 10 start from 12.​

Dml6EEtV4AE23hm.jpg

Not sure after this I'll continue playing the game, coz I need continue my education (running away 3 years from college doesn't solve anything) maybe I still play on off season and daily but not much as I play like now.

Relegated to 11th in Australia, Ott2-gt pulled off 2k this round and I only managed 1500, all the reserves would be Japanese, it's been fun but I think I need a break from sim racing after playing this nearly everyday for 4 months, good luck to those of you advancing to the next stage :gtpflag:

Well, the fact I made it this far in year one is an accomplishment. Sadly didn’t bring the result but there’s a lot to learn for next year. Inexperience was my main flaw. Congrats to those moving on and I’ll be back next year. New season starts in a few weeks as I attempt to get healthier and have new equipment coming in. My G29 nearly did the impossible.

Last round, it was a tale of two races.

The good one was Nations. Once I was in the room, I was all but assured Top 10 in the US. Therefore, the race was mostly for fun and good thing too. I picked the ugly Pug mainly to qualify well and go with an aggressive strategy. Naturally, my Q was so slow for reasons I can't explain and so 13th was a terrible spot in a field filled with fuel savers. That said, it got crazy at Mulsanne as something happened that slowed up a lot of cars. I squeezed myself all the way inside down the straight toward Indianapolis and gained tons of spots. More incidents at Indianapolis and I was in a much better position to start pushing. Eventually, I got all the way up to Lloyd where I made the biggest mistake. See, the original idea was to pit at the end of Lap 5 but my fuel looked like I could extend it one last lap. Figured another lap without being in traffic would be okay. Ended up having to save so much on Lap 6 that I threw away whatever advantage I had up until that point. I ended up 14th but I must have gotten lots of attention being at the front. :lol:

Manufacturer's ended up being the Jaguar's swan song.

Messed up the previous post. Here is the embedded image.

View attachment 764720
All that work @Jomas and I tried to put into Interlagos and it was all for naught. The Jaguar was just not that good at Interlagos and we were already outside looking in even before the Top 24 race. I suppose we both did what we could with such middling cars but we simply couldn't overcome not having anyone at all in Asia to help us. I will say my qualifying was poor because the car suddenly had grease on its tires on every flier I attempted. Race was kinda boring at parts with everyone fuel saving. I did end up barely getting ahead of a few cars in the pits by underfueling and I had to go quite defensive just to hold the spot. The real shame is that the race wasn't longer because I think I was the strongest with worn tires. I ended up battling @Windfire1010 at the end and just beating him to the line for 12th. Simply not enough.

There is only one thing left to do with the two Jaguars.

7358953272820924420_0.jpg

Well, the fact I made it this far in year one is an accomplishment. Sadly didn’t bring the result but there’s a lot to learn for next year. Inexperience was my main flaw. Congrats to those moving on and I’ll be back next year. New season starts in a few weeks as I attempt to get healthier and have new equipment coming in. My G29 nearly did the impossible.

You need to learn a couple more things too: 1, be patient and be cautious on braking points (your mistake caused a massive chain reaction that made 5 people get punted). 2, fair play. You caused all this and didn't even slow down for the others to pass you.

You need to learn a couple more things too: 1, be patient and be cautious on braking points (your mistake caused a massive chain reaction that made 5 people get punted). 2, fair play. You caused all this and didn't even slow down for the others to pass you.
Yep that’s all on me. I was checking my mirror and I thought there was enough distance to hit my normal point. Inexperience on my part and I apologize for it

No problem, just try to learn from this. People put a lot of effort in practices, this race was worth a lot, and your mistake destroyed 5 guys, me included.
And I deserve the same crow from the other four. I have a laundry list of things to take care off in the off season and I intend on not making the same mistake again. Apologies again and congrats on qualifying

Both my races were really bad. Nations was a disaster on the first lap, trying to be careful but got punted and pretty much ended any chance of getting something out of it. Also, before that, it's amazing how we still have people that have absolutely zero awareness to move out of the way when on an out lap, got my qualifying destroyed also. Made a mistake that cost me some positions too in the middle of the race.

Manufacturers i had no chance. Citroen struggled in all regions here, credit cor @LLOYDZELITE69 that somehow managed 4th with this car. He also jumped me into the top spot of Cit and got the world finals spot. Congrats!

Looks like this off-season thing is very experimental.

Nations
R1: Comfort Softs, 15x tire wear (!), open setups (!!!)
R2: 4x fuel, 13x tires
R3: Racing Softs, 4x tire wear, 4x fuel
R4: Open N300(!) Comfort Softs again, 7x tire wear, weak slipstream
R5: Group B, Sports Hard, weak slipstream again
R6: mostly normal, only 3x fuel though

Manufacturers
R1: 3x fuel, 13x tires
R2: Racing Mediums, 4x/4x
R3: same but 5x tires
R4: 3x/6x, whee
R5: see R1
R6: all the way up to 16x tires

Heavy damage for all! Mostly grid starts too.

2 podiums today for me :)

1st at nations for 1600 pts.
3rd at mfg for 1300 pts.

I'm more impressed with the 3rd place finish. The mustang drives absolutely terrible at interlagos imo.

Wrapped up the season around the 120 rank for North America in both championships. I'm happy with that :)

A lackluster finish to a good season in Interlagos. I dropped from 139 to 158 in America's Manufacturer but maintained 3rd for Subaru which is great given the fact that I was out of the top ten the first two seasons due to multiple brain-farts.

A shout out to @BLKJ Evolution for first place.

@bloodyboyblue sorry for your complicated season, I was hoping for a GTP 1-2-3 for Subaru.

It was entertaining, stressful, fun and intense. Looking forward to the next official championship.

Screenshot_20180909-015936.png

I feel like I have a very high chance of going to the regionals final, but there are so many unknown factors that I can't be really sure:

-Are Crt-didico15 and didco15 the same person? If yes, are they gonna dq him?
-Will the driver that beat me by trying to push me out in the final race be allowed to race anyway?
-Will people be allowed to go both to the nations regional final and manufacturer's world final? (from what I've understood from the rules they shouldn't. But PD likes to change the rules just because)

So, a fellow canadian that was disputing a position in the live event with me tried to take me out from the nations race!
I think he probably passed me on points, I scored 1555 points in the race, when it could've been 2000s! He finished just P6 while I finished in P7!
This is ridiculous, he shouldn't be allowed to go for using this kind of tactics!

Had to sign up to reply to this comment that was directed at me so hello all!
First of all I’d like to clear up what went down with me and sharkart, at no point was I trying to take him out of the race, I made 1 pass on him the whole race (besides passing him across the finish line when he was trying to kill his penalty) but then when he tried to pass me back he spent the straightaway bumping me multiple times, trying to pit maneuver me and then to top it all off, not braking and completely driving me straight off the track. I apologize to sharkart that I beat you and might’ve possibly knocked you out of the regions top 30 but in no way did I want to race dirty with you.
Thank you all for coming to my rant...
(I would love to post video proof but it keeps saying the files are too big?)

Also gawddamn great driving to wardez and roadbeef for literally ****ing driving away and killing the race!

Had to sign up to reply to this comment that was directed at me so hello all!
First of all I’d like to clear up what went down with me and sharkart, at no point was I trying to take him out of the race, I made 1 pass on him the whole race (besides passing him across the finish line when he was trying to kill his penalty) but then when he tried to pass me back he spent the straightaway bumping me multiple times, trying to pit maneuver me and then to top it all off, not braking and completely driving me straight off the track. I apologize to sharkart that I beat you and might’ve possibly knocked you out of the regions top 30 but in no way did I want to race dirty with you.
Thank you all for coming to my rant...
(I would love to post video proof but it keeps saying the files are too big?)

Also gawddamn great driving to wardez and roadbeef for literally ****ing driving away and killing the race!

It wasn't, it was the other canadian! Sorry for the confusion mate!
You were fair play!

A lackluster finish to a good season in Interlagos. I dropped from 139 to 158 in America's Manufacturer but maintained 3rd for Subaru which is great given the fact that I was out of the top ten the first two seasons due to multiple brain-farts.

A shout out to @BLKJ Evolution for first place.

@bloodyboyblue sorry for your complicated season, I was hoping for a GTP 1-2-3 for Subaru.

It was entertaining, stressful, fun and intense. Looking forward to the next official championship.

I think I was in the same Manufacturers Race as you! Started right next to you on the grid in a fellow Subaru!

Overall, I haven't had GTSport long, only long enough to get into the last 5 races and with 2 disastrous results....pretty happy I got up to 6th in Subaru. Great races! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back