FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been booted from Manufacturers Europe race after the first page showing drivers. Was expecting to see a garage and my car, but the next thing was the Sport mode screen. Hope this means I can try again later.
Yeah, dont forget to restart your ps4 and delete cache. Otherwise it might happen again.

Did only the Nations today, since I had nothing more to do realy in the other series; you did good Alfa.......you did good :cheers:

Unfortunaly I couldn't improve my score, got only 13th :grumpy: @R10tz0r was there, doing better than me :P I hope you succeded instead :sly:

Well, that's a wrap, it was a fun time doing this championship :lol: (except when it wasn't.........damn Mercedes :mad:); I will see if I will have enough forces to do the post-season :rolleyes:

delete cache

Thanks, didn't know to do that so just done it now. Fingers crossed. And squared, triangled and circled.

EDIT:
Race done, it worked, and after a lap of pinball arcade at the start recovered and got a decent mid place finish and enough points to easily kick the last of the low scores off, so a happy end to the Manufacturers season for me.

Now to watch the pros do La Sarthe before I do it :)

Last edited:
I could not get the NSX settled at Interlagos. Tiried TCS 2, slides to much off throttle. TCS 1 was fine until the Tires were wearing. Then, bumped TCS3 and it was horrible for me.

To add to the drama, my connection dropped to one bar. I was in last anyway and just quit. At least the other NSX qualified 5th. Sad to see the Honda doesn't get any love for these events.

A very creditable 6th at Interlagos for me for 441 points. I could've been higher (well, maybe) if I hadn't ended up with 10+ seconds to scrub off. And if I hadn't overshot the first corner when I was in 3rd because I wasn't paying attention.

So, the final races...

Nations:
I love Le Mans, and I'm usually quite fast here.

Qualy:
With only time for one lap, it has to be perfect. It wasn't... Luckily I wasn't alone and qualified P8.

Race:
Short race today, so not much time to gain places. I wouldn't need a pitstop, so not much strategy going on. I had a reasonable race, until one of the drivers in front of me decided not te be passed, and got dirty. He steered into me coming into the first Mulsanne chicane (He steered way too early, about 50 meters before the corner). The collision caused him to leave the track, so naturally I got a 3 second penalty...
Lost a bit of time serving the penalty, but at least I was in front of him. Managed to work my way up to 5th in the end, improving on my worst score of the season by 350 points.

Manufacturers:
As much as I love Interlagos, I suck at it.

Qualy:
P12, just didn't have the pace to be further in front

Race:
It finally happened: I jumped the start! :banghead: Turn 1 was chaos, but being a bit late to it, I avoided most of it, so I got out of the Senna S in P9 :confused:. Through the rest of the first lap, I won 2 more places due to people spinning out.
Pitting one lap later than most others, put me on fresher tires for the final laps, and it paid off. In the last lap, I managed an overtake, as the other driver was struggling with his tires. As such, I finished P6.

That concludes this FIA season. Final positions:
Nations cup:
P11 in the Netherlands (Best driver in DR. B), P503 overall, 4021 points.

Manufacturers cup:
P24 for Dodge, P570 overall, 3641 points.

Much better than I expected, coming into this season 👍.

Last edited:
A 787B at Le Mans is possible. It might even have been successful, I qualified 8th and could have been faster. By the time the race ended after I'd given up on fuel conservation I had 0.1 laps left somewhere in the esses on the back.

Sand.

So much sand.

So much sand I'm a minute and a half away from anything.

Hateful.

Wow... What can we say about tonight's top 24 Manufacturer race... shocking that extra resource hasn't been put into the servers. Feels like a waste of 8/10 hours of my life (From practising) as 4 people (Maatu and Atho especially I feel sorry for as they had a more genuine shot at a world final spot) just went back to the home screen.

It's not acceptable in the slightest so they either have to make the decision to not do races which decide championships (Top 24 with ridiculous points) which I'm more for... or alternatively focus on resource to the servers. No player should waste that much time or more (Some have practised more than 10 hours) to not even be able to have the race they signed up for due to something completely out of their control.

On a positive I qualified for the regional final in nations and thanks to everyone who tuned into the stream, it was brilliant as always with you guys!

Was watching you and was gutted for you. Congrats on nations qualification though.

My manufacturers I qualified 4th but bogged down on start and dropped to 6th. I am always too cautious on first lap and it invites dive bombers. Although I dropped to 12th because of them I managed to stay on track behind 4 or 5 bombers with 5+ second penalties. Unfortunately got stuck behind a Porsche who I could not pass as we were pretty equal and only managed to finish 10th but with blue SR. DR B (14k) SR S (92). Think I am going to have to learn manual gears as I don't seem to be able to get past 15k DR

Pretty disappointing the last race of Nations Cup at Le Mans. I had only one lap in qualy and wasn't my best one but I suppose rest of the field was in the same situation, so I qualified P8.

In the race I made a silly mistake in the first chicane and came back on track in the last position. I gained some positions, basically because of mistakes of other drivers and non-stop strategy (not difficult to do with the Porsche 919), and even I ended up fighting for Top 10 in the last laps but in the last lap I had to avoid crashing into a Peugeot in the Porsche curves, so I lost the car and finished race in 16th position. Porsche is the fastest car in the last zone of the circuit but is slower than Peugeot and Audi at straights, so when I could take advantage of it I was constantly blocked by other cars because they previously overtook me. 489 points, my worst race of this championship, but I hope to be in the Top 40 in Spain

PD: Again in the same slot with @Lost Sheltie :gtpflag:

So, Kerokkuma is going with @TgTenka for the Manufacturers Final. Let's see if @BLKJ Evolution can bring Subaru to the Top 16.

Ferrari is confirmed to have yukiku, @mthomas_95 and Deafsun96 as their drivers for the Manufacturers Final.

Derek won the Manufacturer Series with Volkswagen, but can he reach that Top 16? Also, did @Lost Sheltie get the Victory Bonus for UK and Volkswagen?

With Aston Martin finishing 9th in the Asia standings, will @Cuber Tom 's bad result hamper the British manufacturer's chances to the Top 16?

@TRL LIGHTNING , despite his bad race, is still ahead of Ugo, so he is confirmed to drive with Akagi_1942mi for Nissan. All that's left is the battle between @Doodle and IOF_RACING17 in the Americas region.

The BMW showdown between JUN-_-JEEEEN and okasan_joestar07 ends with the latter's victory, which means that he is going to drive with FT_NicoR. All that's left is the results between Der_Heizer and Indyfood.

@Windfire1010 will have confidence for Team Hyundai as he will be happy to see m2vsmario and Stefounzy in the Manufacturers Final, assuming disconnects didn't happen during the T24 slot and there are no Hyundai drivers in Americas that are on a same level as him.

Slent and Shohei are confirmed to be Team Honda's drivers due to Atho suffering from a disconnect alongside maatu79 of Ferrari, @Tidgney of Peugeot and serfonesca of Porsche. All that's left is the guys over at the Americas region to succeed.

@mclarenLB is going to see GSN538 and potentially @anthaliscious in the Manufacturers Final for Team Chevrolet, despite Mr. Bentley's bad result.

rick-918-bmx is a bit of a problem, as people mentioned that he was underage, which may disqualify him from driving for Porsche with blackbeauty-79 and probably FT_Solid or TheCyclingJudoka, so serfonesca could use this situation to get a drive if Rick is disqualified in a similar situation as to what happened to LMP_TLallave in regards to wrong information.

As for Lexus, Kawakana222 is definetly the fastest guy in Team Lexus, with @SkyPikmin coming in a close second in terms of race speeds. All that's left is waiting for FT_5zigen's results.

And finally, Toyota will have RC_Miura and yamado_racing38 as their drivers. Now, they just need to wait for a lower tiered Americas driver to join with them. Still gutted that Toyota didn't win the Manufacturer Series Final Season, as I could get the Victory Bonus from that. But in the end though, enjoy your Victory Bonus, @Pubs16 :)

Oh, and my new manufacturer is BMW for the 2019 Series + the 2018 Off-Season Exhibitions.

15th to 11th in Manufacturers (Viper Gr. 3) for 543pts (points are not going to count). Interlagos is one of the tracks I perform worst at. I was hoping to do better, so we'll see if I get to keep S/S... (currently 162nd)

Did only the Nations today, since I had nothing more to do realy in the other series; you did good Alfa.......you did good :cheers:

Unfortunaly I couldn't improve my score, got only 13th :grumpy: @R10tz0r was there, doing better than me :P I hope you succeded instead :sly:

Well, that's a wrap, it was a fun time doing this championship :lol: (except when it wasn't.........damn Mercedes :mad:); I will see if I will have enough forces to do the post-season :rolleyes:

Yeah I was doing ok in the audi, then picked up a cut penalty and miscalculated the finish line, not my best race, was in P8 but because I missed the line I got dropped to P11, it's been a while since I was in lobbies with you and others but it's nice to be back :D

My Manu race was also going great, got into a top split on the 7pm time slot, but then disconnected with a lap and half to go :( the only race where I felt I had got to grips with the supras fuel usage and possibility of slightly improving points (it was a tight battle for 5th, 6th and 7th for toyota) I was pretty annoyed, but not as much as others it seems from the reports so far! cmon PD!

In summary, a great start to Nations where I was a lower DR driver, I was getting the places but not the points, second half just didnt go my way.

Manufacturers was a success from Day 1 and I would dare to say I'm one of the strongest 86 drivers out there, however the supra I did struggle with. not going to moan about what if's just happy with what I have achieved over both seasons, especially the manufacturers!

My End Results:

Nations: 5885 Points (1st in Jawa Barat, 4th in Indonesia, 140th in Asia/Oceania)
Manufacturers: 5940 Points (1st in Jawa Barat, 12th for Toyota, 174th in Asia/Oceania)

What a journey it has been. From my first FIA victory at Monza with the Red Bull Juniors during Nations S1, to the high speed close combat battle at Blue Moon Bay Speedway in Manufacturers S2, and finally meeting some GTP members along the way. But my favourite moment of the 2018 Series is during the final round of Season 2 Nations, when I escaped a carnage caused by @Alpha Cipher that launched @Rangeraus into the two Japanese guys battling each other. That was fun :lol:.

See you in the Off-Season Exhibitions and the 2019 Series in my BMWs!

And good luck for those who are going to the Nations Regionals and the Manufacturers Final!

I have also been considering BMW next for the off season, but if we choose do we have to stick for next year?
I'm guessing we will have to but I'm sure they'll warn us beforehand like they did for these seasons.
If the off season exhibitions allow it they'll be a good chance to try out some different cars in preparation for next year

Edit: I misunderstood the question, I don't think our car choice for the off season exhibitions will be permanent

Final results:
In Nations I am 3rd in my supposed country (Singapore), and 107th in my region with 6523 points. I honestly did not expect to go down to third (previously 2nd); I got too complacent and underestimated the local competition. Big bummer- I was hoping that Terence and I would be the Top 2 in that country. Oh well, I'll make up for it next time :)

For the Manufacturer's Cup I ended the season 6th in Lexus and 83rd in the region with 7752 points. This Cup I was expecting to go down the order with the last race (previously 4th), so I'm happy that I'm still in the Top 10 in this competitive marque :)

All in all, I'm quite happy with the results, especially considering I missed the first two races whose track/car combos were my favorites. Once again, thank you for the fun Season. I've learned so much both on track and here on the forums. Unfortunately, our country is still excluded even in Season 2, so I might not participate anymore. Who knows, maybe I still will but just casually. Or maybe I can use the next Season as another benchmark Season. We'll see :cheers:
Nations, when I escaped a carnage caused by @Alpha Cipher that launched @Rangeraus into the two Japanese guys battling each other. That was fun :lol:.
Definite personal highlight as well for all the wrong reasons :lol::lol::lol:

Just disconnected from the Americas Manufacturer's 24SS. I was leading for Porsche by 500+ points. I practiced 3 days for this race. So many hours, all for nothing. Didn't even get the chance to fight to hold on to my World Finals spot.

I want to die.
Ouch... Well, that's a chance to drive with rick-918-bmx and blackbeauty-79 out of the window...

So, a fellow canadian that was disputing a position in the live event with me tried to take me out from the nations race!
I think he probably passed me on points, I scored 1555 points in the race, when it could've been 2000s! He finished just P6 while I finished in P7!
This is ridiculous, he shouldn't be allowed to go for using this kind of tactics!

Edit: It seems to have been caused by lag!

Last edited:
So, Kerokkuma is going with @TgTenka for the Manufacturers Final. Let's see if @BLKJ Evolution can bring Subaru to the Top 16.

I did not qualify for the top 24 race tonight due to some bad luck in the last few races. I however did get a win tonight and solidified my spot as the #1 Subaru driver in the American region. I guess we will see tomorrow how Subaru placed. I am hopeful we will make top 16.

Hello guys. Good morning.
For the Manufacturers Series I'd like to provide the latest ranking of Asia-Pacific and EMEA regions.

Please take a look and please feel free to complete the world ranking!
Cheers!

RRNYyzC.png

Was holding my breath during Nico's stream of the T24 Nation's race. I'm A+ and was holding 13th in the region and 5th in the US before this final race. After the race, I'm now 9th in the US! So I think I'm good to go to regional finals as an A+!!!! Super excited!

@RoadBeef and I had our own little A+ championship and it's been a pleasure racing against such a talent, I believe he's also made it by securing 10th in the US, we did it bro!

You killed in today's race at Le Mans. That Peugeot really rocketed away on the straight! Should've went with that one, but I was definitely comfortable holding 2nd. Although the guys behind kept me honest. Really great season, terrific effort from everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back