FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is the 86 top tier?

Very good cornering, lightweight with great tyre wear, it only suffers from the lack of straight line oomph and the fact that it has a unique driving style.

Many pros. Few cons. Top tier. Much wow.
abab9c91475ebf5a6c172a77e4e24708

:lol:

I didn't get much time to test today but I did recreate the Tokyo South Inner Gr4 race in a lobby and did a 6.5 lap stint (since pit road is at the hairpin). I'll note that I ran the Lexus with +5 brakes and during FIA, it was so squirrely, it literally spun on me while braking. There's some of that still there but the braking zone was a lot calmer during testing.

That said, I really hope the tire multipliers going forward are going down because the tire situation is not pretty. Before I go on, I'll note that my driving style has often given me a notable advantage with tire conservation.

Here's a screenshot of the Lexus tires right before I pitted during the FIA race.

Lexus Old.jpg

This is the tire wear with the updated physics.

Lexus New.jpg

Lap time wise, it's not that far off from what I recall but the Lexus in the FIA race was a slip and slide adventure. Now, it's struggling not to hit the walls because the understeer kicks in almost by surprise and by then, even a full lift may not save it.

Some other cars I ran...

WRX: Good news, she made it. Bad news, only because it's hilariously slow.

WRX.jpg

RCZ: The last sliver was lost before I reached the hairpin and made the turn into the pits.

RCZ.jpg

Cayman: My pace was not great but compared to it being all but invincible in the actual FIA race, it didn't feel as much.

Cayman.jpg

Most of the cars received more power and weight, so they feel the same on straights but will chew more tires under braking and in the corners. Looks like the new physics make that even worse.

Ferrari seems to have slipped off everyone’s radar. Any idea why?
No BOP adjusts, no one is raving or upset... it has me reconsidering my manu choice. Anyone test it?

No BOP adjusts, no one is raving or upset... it has me reconsidering my manu choice. Anyone test it?
It seems all the edgy MR Gr.3 cars are now easier to drive hence why they didn't get buffed. I haven't tested any to say what's good and what's not

Anyone else worried that our exhibition manu choices are still showing? :nervous: I really need to change.
They’ll get the GR4 BOP set and I imagine just before the new season they’ll open it up. It’s probably good to be patient and see what the final settings will be before you make the commitment.

I didn't get much time to test today but I did recreate the Tokyo South Inner Gr4 race in a lobby and did a 6.5 lap stint (since pit road is at the hairpin). I'll note that I ran the Lexus with +5 brakes and during FIA, it was so squirrely, it literally spun on me while braking. There's some of that still there but the braking zone was a lot calmer during testing.

That said, I really hope the tire multipliers going forward are going down because the tire situation is not pretty. Before I go on, I'll note that my driving style has often given me a notable advantage with tire conservation.

Here's a screenshot of the Lexus tires right before I pitted during the FIA race.

View attachment 793332

This is the tire wear with the updated physics.

View attachment 793331

Lap time wise, it's not that far off from what I recall but the Lexus in the FIA race was a slip and slide adventure. Now, it's struggling not to hit the walls because the understeer kicks in almost by surprise and by then, even a full lift may not save it.

Some other cars I ran...

WRX: Good news, she made it. Bad news, only because it's hilariously slow.

View attachment 793334

RCZ: The last sliver was lost before I reached the hairpin and made the turn into the pits.

View attachment 793333

Cayman: My pace was not great but compared to it being all but invincible in the actual FIA race, it didn't feel as much.

View attachment 793330

Thanks for sharing that interesting research. I did a quick test in FR cars and noticed the new “understeer city” handling and increased tyre wear too.

l expect we will now get the desired lower than ridiculous x15 tyre multipliers in fia, however now that the tyres naturally wear quicker anyway, after the latest update, in reality the inherent tyre wear imbalances between the cars will still play a very large part in the race result. Not great news.

Every race I’ve seen so far without a tyre wear multiplier over x3, is a much more entertaining display of close racing and overtaking between all of the cars on the track, compared to a high tyre multiplier tyre saving “race”where the car used decides the result more than the driver and pushing the limits of the tyres is punished by too much wear.

For me, the best driver can extract the maximum available performance from the tyre and should not have to worry about wearing the tyres out, which effectively punishes the driver’s ability to extract the maximum and instead favours those who cannot do it and therefore should be slower, but instead they benefit from a lack of ability to extract the max.

Because if I complained about Ferrari not getting buffed every time there was an update I would sound like a broken record. Rest assured I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID. Not because I like Ferrari or anything, but rather that it's proof that PD aren't paying any attention to what is going on in the meta, even when it's made clear as day in the World Final that certain cars are just plain bad.

I wonder whether Porsche negotiates with developers around in game car performance - because I don't think I've driven a single Porsche on any game where it wasn't either OP or one of the best handling in the game in its given category.

Because if I complained about Ferrari not getting buffed every time there was an update I would sound like a broken record. Rest assured I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID. Not because I like Ferrari or anything, but rather that it's proof that PD aren't paying any attention to what is going on in the meta, even when it's made clear as day in the World Final that certain cars are just plain bad.
I started playing last September. I chose Ferrari, it was a great choice in F1 so why not right? I struggled with the 458 in every race but Blue Moon. A few months into GTS, several cars/races later, I found Ferrari to be seriously in need of attention. When I tune it, it’s what you’d expect, an awesome Ferrari. “As is” with BOP, it’s a great looking **** show.
I did no tests and chose it the first few days after starting. Plus GT6 was my favorite game for years, so naturally I thought the two game’s assets would be close to the same. Not the case, my fault for not testing.

Hey by the way, I searched “Ferrari and esports”, it appears they are snubbing esports, at least F1. If this is true, maybe this goes deeper than just what we perceive.

Here’s just one of the articles. There’s many out there:

https://us.motorsport.com/esports/news/formula-1-teams-esports-series-ferrari-1021589/1399671/

Last edited by a moderator:
FIA GRAN TURISMO CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019 EXHIBITION SERIES CALENDAR

Nations Cup
(https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1472/schedule)

Round 1: N300 at Dragon Trail Seaside
Round 2: Gr.3 at Bathurst
Round 3: Aston Martin DB3S '53 at Brands Hatch GP
Round 4: Gr.4 at Willow Springs Big Willow
Round 5: Gr.2 at Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse
Round 6: Tesla Model S '12 at Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop
Round 7: Gr.4 at Suzuka Circuit
Round 8: N400 at Interlagos
Round 9: Gr.3 at Red Bull Ring
Round 10: Gr.1 at Circuit de la Sarthe (Top 16 Superstars Round)

Manufacturer Series
(https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1473/schedule)

Round 1: Gr.3 at Lago Maggiore GP Reverse
Round 2: Gr.4 at Alsace Village Reverse
Round 3: Gr.4 at Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Reverse
Round 4: Gr.3 at Monza
Round 5: Gr.3 at Fuji Speedway
Round 6: Gr.4 at Nurburgring GP
Round 7: Gr.3 at Brands Hatch GP
Round 8: Gr.4 at Blue Moon Bay Infield A Reverse
Round 9: Gr.4 at Lago Maggiore GP
Round 10: Gr.3 at Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse (Top 16 Superstars Round)

Last edited:
Assuming this leak is correct, it demonstrates the reason why I kept the brakes pumped and didn't speculate too much about the 2019 championship until we knew more. The tweet was merely confirmation that a championship would be starting at the end of the month, without saying anything about the nature of this championship.

Either way, I'll try to put more effort into this series than I did the last one, which I started out excited for but dropped out of halfway through. Hopefully they let us repick manufacturers because I want to try something different.

Round 1: Gr.3 at Lago Maggiore GP :cheers:...Reverse:banghead:
When is the last time that proper Maggiore has been used either in FiA or weeklies?
They chose Reverse so that they can appease those "Forwards T4 Track Extension Complainers", plus the fact that PD's combos team were astronomically behind @Tidgney when it comes to ideas...

It was used...probably none for now...

I believe the leak isn't actually available in Europe. It's currently only available in Asia.
I guess the change of title suggests we can change car now.
But STILL no Top 24 Superstars race :banghead:

Do you think we'll be able to change manufacturer again between the upcoming Exhibition Season and the FIA Championship?

I never really got the point of the top 24 race tbh. It just seemed to make the championships unbalanced because if a driver couldn't make it for real life reasons then they couldn't qualify no matter how well they raced in the other races. Unless Polyphony want to stream the races with commentary then I don't get why they exist.

And yes @TRL LIGHTNING you should drive the worst cars to give the rest a chance. That is only fair. Maybe drive with one eye covered as well :)

I never really got the point of the top 24 race tbh. It just seemed to make the championships unbalanced because if a driver couldn't make it for real life reasons then they couldn't qualify no matter how well they raced in the other races. Unless Polyphony want to stream the races with commentary then I don't get why they exist.

And yes @TRL LIGHTNING you should drive the worst cars to give the rest a chance. That is only fair. Maybe drive with one eye covered as well :)

Wow that is not my goal btw xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back