FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by adstomko, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

2. K32

K32

Very good cornering, lightweight with great tyre wear, it only suffers from the lack of straight line oomph and the fact that it has a unique driving style.

Many pros. Few cons. Top tier. Much wow.
    [​IMG]

:lol:

CLowndes888 and nussini like this.
  3. Pigems

Pigems

The brake bug is officially fixed, it no longer makes cars faster. I’ve posted videos in the daily race thread to show it no longer works after the update. :)

T_revisio, Matty28, vvise and 2 others like this.
  4. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I didn't get much time to test today but I did recreate the Tokyo South Inner Gr4 race in a lobby and did a 6.5 lap stint (since pit road is at the hairpin). I'll note that I ran the Lexus with +5 brakes and during FIA, it was so squirrely, it literally spun on me while braking. There's some of that still there but the braking zone was a lot calmer during testing.

That said, I really hope the tire multipliers going forward are going down because the tire situation is not pretty. Before I go on, I'll note that my driving style has often given me a notable advantage with tire conservation.

Here's a screenshot of the Lexus tires right before I pitted during the FIA race.

Lexus Old.jpg

This is the tire wear with the updated physics.

Lexus New.jpg

Lap time wise, it's not that far off from what I recall but the Lexus in the FIA race was a slip and slide adventure. Now, it's struggling not to hit the walls because the understeer kicks in almost by surprise and by then, even a full lift may not save it.

Some other cars I ran...

WRX: Good news, she made it. Bad news, only because it's hilariously slow.

WRX.jpg

RCZ: The last sliver was lost before I reached the hairpin and made the turn into the pits.

RCZ.jpg

Cayman: My pace was not great but compared to it being all but invincible in the actual FIA race, it didn't feel as much.

Cayman.jpg

Quakebass, Dezcom, vvise and 6 others like this.
  5. vvise

vvise

Most of the cars received more power and weight, so they feel the same on straights but will chew more tires under braking and in the corners. Looks like the new physics make that even worse.

6. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

Ferrari seems to have slipped off everyone’s radar. Any idea why?
    No BOP adjusts, no one is raving or upset... it has me reconsidering my manu choice. Anyone test it?

7. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

It seems all the edgy MR Gr.3 cars are now easier to drive hence why they didn't get buffed. I haven't tested any to say what's good and what's not

8. cheeseball

cheeseball

Anyone else worried that our exhibition manu choices are still showing? :nervous: I really need to change.

9. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

They’ll get the GR4 BOP set and I imagine just before the new season they’ll open it up. It’s probably good to be patient and see what the final settings will be before you make the commitment.

10. T_revisio

T_revisio

Thanks for sharing that interesting research. I did a quick test in FR cars and noticed the new “understeer city” handling and increased tyre wear too.

l expect we will now get the desired lower than ridiculous x15 tyre multipliers in fia, however now that the tyres naturally wear quicker anyway, after the latest update, in reality the inherent tyre wear imbalances between the cars will still play a very large part in the race result. Not great news.

Every race I’ve seen so far without a tyre wear multiplier over x3, is a much more entertaining display of close racing and overtaking between all of the cars on the track, compared to a high tyre multiplier tyre saving “race”where the car used decides the result more than the driver and pushing the limits of the tyres is punished by too much wear.

For me, the best driver can extract the maximum available performance from the tyre and should not have to worry about wearing the tyres out, which effectively punishes the driver’s ability to extract the maximum and instead favours those who cannot do it and therefore should be slower, but instead they benefit from a lack of ability to extract the max.

11. JayOTT

JayOTT

Because if I complained about Ferrari not getting buffed every time there was an update I would sound like a broken record. Rest assured I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID. Not because I like Ferrari or anything, but rather that it's proof that PD aren't paying any attention to what is going on in the meta, even when it's made clear as day in the World Final that certain cars are just plain bad.

12. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I wonder whether Porsche negotiates with developers around in game car performance - because I don't think I've driven a single Porsche on any game where it wasn't either OP or one of the best handling in the game in its given category.

T_revisio and bloodyboyblue like this.
  13. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

To be fair, Porsche wins quite a lot in real life as well.

DrAug and KONTRAone like this.
  14. Venster

Venster

And great handling cars is Porsche’s thing really, generally renowned for it

bloodyboyblue likes this.
  15. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

I started playing last September. I chose Ferrari, it was a great choice in F1 so why not right? I struggled with the 458 in every race but Blue Moon. A few months into GTS, several cars/races later, I found Ferrari to be seriously in need of attention. When I tune it, it’s what you’d expect, an awesome Ferrari. “As is” with BOP, it’s a great looking **** show.
    I did no tests and chose it the first few days after starting. Plus GT6 was my favorite game for years, so naturally I thought the two game’s assets would be close to the same. Not the case, my fault for not testing.

Hey by the way, I searched “Ferrari and esports”, it appears they are snubbing esports, at least F1. If this is true, maybe this goes deeper than just what we perceive.

Here’s just one of the articles. There’s many out there:

https://us.motorsport.com/esports/news/formula-1-teams-esports-series-ferrari-1021589/1399671/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
  16. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

FIA GRAN TURISMO CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019 EXHIBITION SERIES CALENDAR

Nations Cup
    (https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1472/schedule)

Round 1: N300 at Dragon Trail Seaside
    Round 2: Gr.3 at Bathurst
    Round 3: Aston Martin DB3S '53 at Brands Hatch GP
    Round 4: Gr.4 at Willow Springs Big Willow
    Round 5: Gr.2 at Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse
    Round 6: Tesla Model S '12 at Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop
    Round 7: Gr.4 at Suzuka Circuit
    Round 8: N400 at Interlagos
    Round 9: Gr.3 at Red Bull Ring
    Round 10: Gr.1 at Circuit de la Sarthe (Top 16 Superstars Round)

Manufacturer Series
    (https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1473/schedule)

Round 1: Gr.3 at Lago Maggiore GP Reverse
    Round 2: Gr.4 at Alsace Village Reverse
    Round 3: Gr.4 at Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Reverse
    Round 4: Gr.3 at Monza
    Round 5: Gr.3 at Fuji Speedway
    Round 6: Gr.4 at Nurburgring GP
    Round 7: Gr.3 at Brands Hatch GP
    Round 8: Gr.4 at Blue Moon Bay Infield A Reverse
    Round 9: Gr.4 at Lago Maggiore GP
    Round 10: Gr.3 at Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse (Top 16 Superstars Round)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  17. LogSwapper

LogSwapper

Round 1: Gr.3 at Lago Maggiore GP :cheers:...Reverse:banghead:
    When is the last time that proper Maggiore has been used either in FiA or weeklies?

dlshearon and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  18. JayOTT

JayOTT

Assuming this leak is correct, it demonstrates the reason why I kept the brakes pumped and didn't speculate too much about the 2019 championship until we knew more. The tweet was merely confirmation that a championship would be starting at the end of the month, without saying anything about the nature of this championship.

Either way, I'll try to put more effort into this series than I did the last one, which I started out excited for but dropped out of halfway through. Hopefully they let us repick manufacturers because I want to try something different.

19. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

They chose Reverse so that they can appease those "Forwards T4 Track Extension Complainers", plus the fact that PD's combos team were astronomically behind @Tidgney when it comes to ideas...

It was used...probably none for now...

TRL LIGHTNING likes this.
  20. adstomko

adstomko

I believe the leak isn't actually available in Europe. It's currently only available in Asia.
    I guess the change of title suggests we can change car now.
    But STILL no Top 24 Superstars race :banghead:

21. TRL LIGHTNING

TRL LIGHTNING Premium

Let's try the unneccesary nerfed mclaren for this exhibition series yay...

22. adstomko

adstomko

Do you think we'll be able to change manufacturer again between the upcoming Exhibition Season and the FIA Championship?

23. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

I never really got the point of the top 24 race tbh. It just seemed to make the championships unbalanced because if a driver couldn't make it for real life reasons then they couldn't qualify no matter how well they raced in the other races. Unless Polyphony want to stream the races with commentary then I don't get why they exist.

And yes @TRL LIGHTNING you should drive the worst cars to give the rest a chance. That is only fair. Maybe drive with one eye covered as well :)

Hasnain282 and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  24. TRL LIGHTNING

TRL LIGHTNING Premium

Wow that is not my goal btw xD

Lost Sheltie likes this.
  25. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Your goal is to be with Kerokkuma-san for Subaru for the 2019 World Finals!

26. TRL LIGHTNING

TRL LIGHTNING Premium

Let's see, still undecided between Nissan, Subaru and McLaren

Lost Sheltie and RZQSPEED like this.
  27. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

Use the Mclaren m8 :lol:

Lost Sheltie and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  28. HellzFire

HellzFire

More Exhibition. Told ya. Can we see the tyre wear already?

29. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

Not yet, when I click on the hyperlink it goes to a blank Sport Mode page. I'm very curious about tires too.

30. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

x50

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.