FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think thats a new official season. If they do it this early, they'd have to keep doing 2 official seasons per year.

Quick qualifying recap for nations, from the land of B/A:

- Remembered about 2/3 of the way round my out lap that you need to save fuel to make your flying lap last, I switched to 6 and crawled to the start line doing 70mph everywhere
- (Didn't have enough in the end up, I coasted the last ~500m to the line)
- When I crossed the start line for my flying lap I was expecting the time remaining counter to change like it does when you're on a lap but the time limit is reached. Don't ask why.
- Partly from my shock I went flying off at the first corner and lost about 15 seconds
- I'm 7.5 seconds faster than the next fastest GT-R, and am 2nd to a Lexus by 4.5 seconds

This race is going to be a clownshow, but it's going to be fun.

If it's the official season, I hope for the change of cars in the manufacturers series :embarrassed: I don't want to do that in the Peugeot, the group 4 car is not ideal for this kind of races :irked:

Wow, that Nations race is hard work. Qualification went ok, but I hadn't done much practice and it showed with a 7:50 lap time and 13th place. Figured I could pick up a few places in the race as long as didn't get barged off or make a mistake. Decided to no stop pretty quickly and fuel saved a bit on the 1st lap since the tyres looked to be holding on ok. Start went ok and managed to get about half way around the lap before somebody lunged at me, I clipped him and got a 3 second penalty. Managed to get to end of the lap with 49% of fuel with short shifting and a bit of fuel management, so knew I should be ok, so didn't pit and jumped up to 5th. Managed to hold that until final straight before I had to let a guy past as I was running short on fuel.

I used the Lexus and no-stopped relatively easily, so I think that is the way to go. You will have to do some fuel saving but I think it is better than stopping.

Manufacturers was pretty poor, kept on making mistakes so qualified in the middle of the field and ended up in the middle of the field. Did a 2 stop so had good tyres, but meant I had to overtake people, and I wasn't fast enough to do that well. Had 1 good overtake against someone with bad tyres in the esses, and had the below lucky overtake after the degners. I did give the place back on the next lap at the 1st corner, but managed to get it back as their tyres were shot.

Hopefully my last race in the Peugeot VGT :)

Last edited:
Gr2 cars stock settings are horribles on Nurb 24 H , way too stiff on their springs on this bumpy / high speed track. A miracle if you stay on track during 2 laps at a good pace. At least for me.

I'm unfussed about the nations part of nations cup, it's just nice to have the different format as a variation on the weekly races. Which is just as well, as the 10PM race last night had 16 players and one non-Australian.

Like some have already stated, I believe the 30th January will be the day pre-season begins so that everyone can get a taste of any new updates and accustom to any new formats to the FIA season. I expect the official season to begin in February or March

I don’t know, like others have said, it seems mysterious that it only says “Online Championship” instead of “FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championship Series Registered Trademark By Polyphony Digital Presented By Sony And PlayStation”

My nations event was a complete disaster. I gave 1 full minute of gap to the nearest car in front of me in qualify, still managed to catch one that completely destroyed my lap. Race was as bad as I predicted starting in the back. Lesson learned: try to avoid these nurb races on the new latin american region, there's simply too much people without race craft or speed in top tier rooms.

For manu I also got traffic in both hotlaps, but still managed an ok lap. Race pace on hards was decent.

Nations EX S4 End Result:
2nd in Jawa Barat
5th in Indonesia
113th in Asia
2990 points (Best: Gr.4 at Catalunya, 1196 points)

Manufacturers EX S4 End Result:
1st in Jawa Barat
11th in BMW
194th in Asia
2920 points (Best: Gr.3 at Kyoto Yamagiwa II: 1361 points)

Hopefully on January 30th I can switch manufacturers (Porsche says hi?)

Was gonna do Nations last night but missed the deadline, so did manufacturers.
Quali lap was clean but not really quick, so I was starting mid pack. Was initially going to 2 stop on hards but tyre wear didn't seem too bad so was going for the 1 stop. Unfortunately I spun it at Spoon on lap 4 and so I just switched back to a 2 stop, but the race was over anyway at that point.

Nations Cup playlist
upload_2019-1-13_13-13-39.png

Manufacturers Series Playlist
upload_2019-1-13_13-14-42.png

This season went quite well (by my standards), obviously won't be as high up when the main thing starts, but nice to be top 200 for both.

A disappointing result yesterday, not knowing the strategy on fuel left me at a huge disadvantage and despite race winning pace I couldn't convert that to the win, a disappointing 3rd then but with some good drives, 19th to 8th in an A/S lobby and lots of overtaking, besides getting good track and strategy knowledge for the future

May have gotten more points in the first timeslot in Nations last night, but this battle with @DrAug and OvrD_Thunder probably the most fun I've had racing in a long time. Got properly sweaty, and how nice it was having a race that wasn't 100% decided on tyres and where you could actually push! Never catch on I reckon :lol:

Here was the race I got the most points of the night. I had to be so gentle on the tires to make them last. I went slow to go fast.
Same race from my perspective:

Plus some other races I just uploaded.

Biggest takeaway from the exhibition seasons is that the changes made Manufacturers from a fuel saving train affair to who has the car with the best tire wear. Never would've picked the Gr3 Prototype Lexus in retrospect and how I managed to actually win at least once in the pig Gr4 Lexus was nothing short of a miracle. Clearly, race settings going forward will dictate car selection.

Nations, well, I feel that remains my best shot. Some combos are a struggle but I was able to do most of them.

With the prospect of some sort of new season coming up, what is everyone thinking of picking for a Manu.? I'm currently torn between Mercedes, Hyundai, and Lexus. The only thing that has me concerned is if they will be more tire or fuel wear or somewhat balanced? My main thinking for the Hyundai is, at least the gr.3 car, is that is pretty good on fuel and tires but doesn't excel at any one thing. I don't know. Maybe hearing some stuff from you guys who know a little more would help as well.

The problem with Hyundai is that the Group 3 car, whilst feeling great all-round, just isn't that fast, and the Group 4 car, whilst fast, burns through front tyres like a FWD car despite being a RWD. It's not nearly as bad as some manufacturers, but I wouldn't suggest Hyundai unless the Group 3 car gets a buff, or if they're using the same format as last year, you're in the running for a live event and think a less popular manufacturer is your best chance to top the regional standings.

The problem with Hyundai is that the Group 3 car, whilst feeling great all-round, just isn't that fast, and the Group 4 car, whilst fast, burns through front tyres like a FWD car despite being a RWD. It's not nearly as bad as some manufacturers, but I wouldn't suggest Hyundai unless the Group 3 car gets a buff, or if they're using the same format as last year, you're in the running for a live event and think a less popular manufacturer is your best chance to top the regional standings.
The less popular car was part of my thinking with it. I'm not up there in terms of pace as the live event guys, but maybe, just maybe I could get pretty high within the manufacturer. It's some food for thought for me at least. I don't race much gr.4 anymore so I don't have a great idea for those cars. I find the gr.3 Hyundai to be very consistent although you're right that it isn't that fast. But, imho, consistency is what wins races

I'm thinking I might skip the entire first round of the first FIA official season. Then moneyball a MFG to maximize my chances of getting a seat for regionals. Going head to head I'll fall short being I'm just barely inside top 50. @DC2_Evan the Hyundai is on my shortlist.

I'm thinking I might skip the entire first round of the first FIA official season. Then moneyball a MFG to maximize my chances of getting a seat for regionals. Going head to head I'll fall short being I'm just barely inside top 50. @DC2_Evan the Hyundai is on my shortlist.
Yeah, I was going to sit out the first round as well and see if how they are doing the tires and fuel for whatever this may be. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Got Cr. & Mileage Point reward for Nation Cup exhibition.

200,00 Cr. is like a rebate for the E-Type I bought to race in the Exhibition series. Plus with the mileage points I bought some pink and blue and wheels. All thanks to deafsun. :cheers:

7142713477992317956_0.jpg

May have gotten more points in the first timeslot in Nations last night, but this battle with @DrAug and OvrD_Thunder probably the most fun I've had racing in a long time. Got properly sweaty, and how nice it was having a race that wasn't 100% decided on tyres and where you could actually push! Never catch on I reckon :lol:

Lol yeah that was some of the Best fia race i was part of...
Still cant believe my wheel pressed psn button alone right before Back straight ... Never did it before, and didnt do it again since lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back