FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

A quote taken from the latest information section on the GT website:

"2. Race points gained in the last race that was participated in will be counted for the championship.
Until now, the race with the highest point result out of multiple races entered in the same round was counted towards the competitor’s effective points, but this will now be changed to only count the race results/points of the last race that was entered.

This change in structure will be in effect for the Daily Races starting Wednesday, January 17, and for the Online Championships starting Wednesday, January 30."

NEWS

"2. Race points gained in the last race that was participated in will be counted for the championship.
Until now, the race with the highest point result out of multiple races entered in the same round was counted towards the competitor’s effective points, but this will now be changed to only count the race results/points of the last race that was entered.

This change in structure will be in effect for the Daily Races starting Wednesday, January 17, and for the Online Championships starting Wednesday, January 30."

That’s actually a good change, adds the element of risk it needs to multiple entries imo

So now we get the benefits of lower ping times in FIA without the drawbacks of daily races being a ghost town. Cool. I do wonder though why EU wasn't split into East/West or North/South if they were so willing to split up the already smaller regions for ping purposes. I'd criticise it from a championship standpoint too, but I want to see if this is actually an official season and not another exhibition as well as the format itself if it is official before I jump to conclusions.

Reactions: K32
Well doesn't that throw the cat amongst the pigeons

7. Race Screen
 - A 'Low Fuel' indicator will now be shown when approaching the pit area. (This indicator can be toggled ON/OFF from the the Driving Options.)

8. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behaviour of the cars have been adjusted;

The BoP (Balance of Performance) of the following cars has been adjusted:

Gr.3 Class
・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12 [Power Ratio : 111% > 112%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 104% > 106%]
・BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 [Power Ratio : 108% > 111%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 107%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 102% > 103%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 91% > 90%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 109%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 100% > 102%]
・Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 113% > 114%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 106%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 [Power Ratio : 107% > 106%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) '16 [Power Ratio : 107% > 106%]
・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 107%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・McLaren 650S GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 111% > 110%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 [Power Ratio : 109% > 111%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 100% > 101%]
・Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Power Ratio : 99% > 100%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 107%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Subaru WRX Gr.3 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]

IMPORTANT
The fuel consumption rate for the Gr.3 cars has been adjusted.

I wonder what that will do for everyones choice of manufacturer?

7. Race Screen
 - A 'Low Fuel' indicator will now be shown when approaching the pit area. (This indicator can be toggled ON/OFF from the the Driving Options.)

Gr.3 Class
・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12 [Power Ratio : 111% > 112%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 104% > 106%]
・BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 [Power Ratio : 108% > 111%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 107%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 102% > 103%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 109%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 100% > 102%]
・Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 113% > 114%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 106%]
・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 107%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 [Power Ratio : 109% > 111%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 100% > 101%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 107%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 110%]

IMPORTANT

The Mclaren got a nerf? What the heck, that's gotta be the strangest one in this list! Peugeot RCZ one is what I thought was needed to make the car right, although not used it in awhile :embarrassed:.

I wonder whether the change of behaviour affects MR cars, I hope so.

7. Race Screen

Gr.3 Class

IMPORTANT

Great, of all the cars the mclaren, Subaru and the evo have been nerfed... And they needed a buff actually, great..

As for the GTR i will be quiet

Last edited:
Great, of all the cars the mclaren, Subaru and the evo have been nerfed... And they needed a buff actually great..

As for the GTR i will be quiet

I suppose it might depends on the physics change, will be interesting to see what has changed. Fingers crossed the ABS glitch has gone! I do wonder whether they've some how made cars more stable as some of these are very strange movements.

P.s. does this mean you're going Audi?

7. Race Screen

Gr.3 Class

IMPORTANT

Unless this new physics model hates light cars, Toyota is looking set to take a clean sweep in Manufacturers with the slightly op FT1 and top tier 86 Gr.4. Porsche should still be pretty solid, and maybe McLaren will also benefit from a great Gr.4 car and not receiving a weight nerf in the Gr.3 department for this update.

Looking Bop-wise, Lexus, Volkswagen, Mercedes and Chevrolet wouldn't be bad choices either, but in the end the new model is the deciding factor. :)

I suppose it might depends on the physics change, will be interesting to see what has changed. Fingers crossed the ABS glitch has gone! I do wonder whether they've some how made cars more stable as some of these are very strange movements.

No i am not. Don't wanna rival you there as you said earlier you wanna choose the Audi. So fair enough. My choices are still either the mclaren, Subaru or the Nissan but damn..

It's strange how they've BoP'd (yes I am using that as a verb) the group 3 cars, but not touched the group 4 ones. I think I will have to rerun the tyre wear test to see if anything major has changed. Hopefully the tyre wear differences between the cars will have narrowed a bit.

And if the good drivers could tell us norms what cars they are going to use then we can pick other manufacturers, thanks :)

Has anybody noticed any differences in tyre wear for particular GR3/GR4 cars?

Also, given that the GR4 cars haven't been 'BoP'd,' there may be a chance that solely GR3 cars will be used for the manufacturer series

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed any differences in tyre wear for particular GR3/GR4 cars?

Also, given that the GR4 cars haven't been 'BoP'd,' there may be a chance that solely GR3 cars will be used for the manufacturer series

Doubt it, they have put in more GR3 races recently but still likely we will get GR4 in nations (although they tend to turn out to be more be make) but I would still expect GR4 to feature in manufacturers.

Didn’t notice any huge difference in physics model, It was only a quick go on DS4 but MR felt similar to me. Anyone noticed any real difference?

The ABS glitch still worked as of last night before the update, I’ll be testing again tonight after work to see if anything has changed, I’ll post my findings once testing is done. It was worth nearly 2 full seconds in the Fiat during testing last night, 1:05.7 with vs 1:07.5 without, that’s nuts.

I've been practicing for a league race in the Ferrari gr.4 at Brands. Front tyre wear seemed slightly worse, though that might just come down to how I was driving, I use a pad and am on ABS weak btw.
I also drove in the daily TT at Gardens. I'd say the grip felt better in the lower speed corners and had slightly more understeer in the high speed corners. Though that might just be me, I'm usually not the best judge of these things

I don’t want to read too much into it, but I just did some time trialing in Barcelona and..

8 laps in McLaren gr3, no spins, beat my previous best by nearly a second. Car felt better than before.
6 laps in Ferrari gr3, no spins, beat my previous best by 0,8 seconds. Car felt a lot better than before.

Now I was faster than both in the WRX, but maybe the MR -cars are now a possible choice for us normie GT sporters? Or I might just be having a really good day.:boggled:

With the physics changes, I would test some cars once the update is downloaded to assess some tyre wear torture testing on X10 wear utilising Racing Soft tyres...

I just did some time trial laps on Mount Panorama with Gr.2 Nissan (soft tyres, BoP on), since that was the last I've done before the update. Either I forgot how to gran turismo, or with the new physics model I'm about 1 sec slower than I was before.

NEWS

Looks like I am back ladies and gents, I am declaring an end to my boycott. Now where's that thread that asks if PD listens to the community?

Also Jan 30th is my birthday, so a nice little present for me!

I only had time for a brief test using the FIA settings for Suzuka last night. My times weren't that far off before with the Lex but I did get the impression front tire wear was worse but the rears were better. Some other cars I ran had similar pace, including the OP 911. Still inconclusive so I'll have rooms open to revisit some combos.

Oh, and the R8 was undrivable and destroyed the rears... but I'm not the best test driver for the Audi. That car has baffled me since the beginning.

Since when is the 86 top tier?

On handling tracks it’s definitely in the top 3 or 4 cars, and it has great tire wear. It’s garbage at speed tracks though so it depends how many of those are on a given schedule how good of a choice it is.

It’s mostly just in the current FIA style of heavy tire wear multipliers that it shines.

No i am not. Don't wanna rival you there as you said earlier you wanna choose the Audi. So fair enough. My choices are still either the mclaren, Subaru or the Nissan but damn..

I love you.

The ABS glitch still worked as of last night before the update, I’ll be testing again tonight after work to see if anything has changed, I’ll post my findings once testing is done. It was worth nearly 2 full seconds in the Fiat during testing last night, 1:05.7 with vs 1:07.5 without, that’s nuts.

O nice, if you do find it has gone that will be awesome to hear!

Just for my own clarification, does vehicle weight affect tire wear? I would assume so, but I'm not 100% positive and just wanted to double check

Just for my own clarification, does vehicle weight affect tire wear? I would assume so, but I'm not 100% positive and just wanted to double check

Yes, 100%. More fuel = more tyre wear.

edit: There is an exception with the crazy multiplier that it can help stop oversteer so in theory reduce tyre wear in some cars

Unfortunatly i couldn't try this out by myself as i had to study for an exam tomorrow but can anyone confirm if you get reseted on catalunya when you try to cheat on the last section of the track?

Correct. I will note that I had also readjusted my Lexus to the old BOP yesterday which was only a minor power decrease. Even then, my front tires was worse and I had a sense that inducing power oversteer was harder. That helped out the rears some.

In short, whatever changes PD did to the physics and related changed the underlying tire wear even before considering all the BOP changes.

So doing a quick test (10 laps Brands Hatch Indy on RM at 10x tyre wear) with the gr4 Porsche and Peugeot and it looks to me that they have made the Porsche's tyre wear worse.
I was 10 seconds slower in my test with the Porsche and 3 seconds worse with the Peugeot. Porsche is still better but the margin seems closer to me (was 8 seconds faster rather than 13 seconds before the patch). Could of course just be my driving.

Now this is in no way definitive, but if it is the case then gr.4 might be closer when it comes to race pace. I will investigate further when I have time.

Yes, 100%. More fuel = more tyre wear.

edit: There is an exception with the crazy multiplier that it can help stop oversteer so in theory reduce tyre wear in some cars

Correct. I will note that I had also readjusted my Lexus to the old BOP yesterday which was only a minor power decrease. Even then, my front tires was worse and I had a sense that inducing power oversteer was harder. That helped out the rears some.

In short, whatever changes PD did to the physics and related changed the underlying tire wear even before considering all the BOP changes.

Thanks for the info guys. I figured it did but just wanted to confirm with some of you top notch aliens. Guess it's back to the drawing board with some tests for the next seasons. I really want to make the underdog Hyundai work out because I feel like it is very largely looked over. Plus I can make a livery with the best quote from Fast and Furious Toyko Drift :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back