FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The titles just say "FIA Gran Turismo Championship // Nations Cup" and "FIA Gran Turismo Championship // Manufacturer Series". The only mention of Exhibition is the logo. Of course, no matter what, the title is too vague, so surely it will be updated at some point. I suspect this wasn't meant to go up anywhere.

Also, no new locations in either schedule... Maybe that means new layouts only in February?

I tried clicking on the links to the schedules and a cut/paste option on the website but they are no longer showing?

I assume this means PD pulled the information or a problem with trying to view the site at work which happens from time to time.

Same format Wednesday and Saturday's for these races I take it?

I believe the links are only valid for the Asia region. Changing the location to Japan I can still see the same schedules but cannot see them if I log in with my UK account.

I guess PD put them in prematurely for Japan before officially announcing the new season.

Still can't see anything myself but no biggie, find out in a week's time.

I'm not going for results this year in the championship, my main aim is to actually enjoy my racing and enjoy the race experience so
I am probably going to stay DR D/SR S.

To this end I am racing with Ford for 2019 and have elected to go with both Mustangs, I did think about getting the GT but I tend to throw
it off track too much so will stick with old faithful.

Hopefully it means I can actually share some race video for 2019 season events.

The schedules are still up, you can use Singapore region.

Manufacturers:

8lOR4pr.png

Nations:
mIhtzXA.png

Still no detailed round information...

We're still driving for our Exhibition Series manufacturers! But at least the tyre wear is dialed down...
View attachment 794907
View attachment 794908
Just quickly flicking through, round 4 and 7 on manufacturers are x12 tyre wear
Also x13 tyre wear at Le Mans.
The Alsace, Saint Croix, and Gardens races of manufacturers are on the reverse layouts also. The group 2 race in the Nations is using Yamagiwa II
The one make at Brands Hatch is in the DB3S, the one make at Tokyo is in the Tesla (checked in game)

I think BOP needs adjusting for N300. X-Bow is OP

I think the S-FR Racing Concept needs to be hit with the nerf-hammer big time.

As for Manufacturers, I'm honestly torn between several manufacturers; BMW, Ford, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru or Toyota? Also since I've heard MR Gr.3 cars are no longer a handful to drive, I'm also considering between Audi, Honda and Lamborghini...

Gr.4: M4 should be less of a tortureland now with the dialed down tyre wear...
Gr.3: M6 is not something you can just put the power down easily with, but should be decent, AKA a Master of None. M3 can be a straightline monster, but may have stiff handling, but that NA V8 sounds good! And then the Z4 is where you focus on tyre management and corner tossability, also featuring said NA V8.

Gr.4: Don't know much about the Mustang, but should be decent with the dialed down tyre wear. Can be good in a straightline, but not a Cayman through the corners.
Gr.3: Mustang is where you commit yourself to straightline speed, as it will be an understeer fest, especially with the extra weight compensating for its sheer bruteforce. The GT LM is also a Speed King, but has a better handling compared to the 'Stang. Got a power nerf to coincide with the physics changes.

Gr.4: The RC F's main abilities are straightline speed and fuel saving capabilities. Other than that, it turns like an aircraft carrier, but the tyres could be better than last time around.
Gr.3: The 2016 RC F Proto is apparently a useless choice as noted by @JayOTT when @Aderrrm ended up picking this car instead of the 2017 RC F during the 2018 World Finals (maybe even before the Live Events when it was known to be weaker!) Not that the 2016 RC F was any bad, it was just overshadowed by its 2017 counterpart. Both the 2016 and the 2017 RC Fs are solid options if the tyre wear is revealed to be less severe than the 2018 Exhibition Series, with the '17 car being slightly better in everyway compared to the '16 Prototype.

Gr.4: The Atenza is a decent car all round, especially if the traction of it being AWD can be used to your advantage! It couldn't guarantee any wins, but should be good in the long run.
Gr.3: The Atenza in this category didn't have that straightline speed to back up its rather high power figures, and also not helped with a weight increase in its BoP update, which may hamper its handling, but it's apparently relevant at Interlagos and Bathurst for example...

Best summed up as the "Let's support Kerokkuma's and @TRL LIGHTNING's efforts to the World Finals, but only if Lightning stays with Subie!" Manufacturer.
Gr.4: The WRX is basically a 6-geared Evo Gr.4 with more understeer, so it should be decent all round.
Gr.3: The WRX got a weight increase as PD's attempt to stop Lightning's Subaru campaign, despite it wasn't that OP at all. Should be pretty decent, seeing as you drove for Mitsubishi last season.

Gr.4: 86 is love, 86 is life. Excellent at everything other than straightline speed.
Gr.3: Both the GR Supra and the FT-1 are excellent cars, but the FT-1 will have the lighter handling and the tyre wear advantage VS the GR Supra.

Last edited:
Oh, let's become pretend @Tidgney then!
Gr.4: The TT Cup is obviously a straightline monster with some turning capabilities, unlike the FF Mégane Gr.4 and the RCZ Gr.4 which can be best described as trying to turn a heavy cruiser thinking it can corner like an LMP1 car. Beware of burning your front tyres though, unless you are either Akagi or Tidgney.
Gr.3: The physics update should help this car become more accessible to beginners and gentleman drivers, which is Gr.3's target audience in the real world, so I can see this car becoming one of the stronger cars, if the tyre wear is friendly...despite the dialed down wear rates...

Lamborghini
Gr.4: The Huracan is no doubt a beginner's first choice when it comes to Gr.4 cars. Excellent stability, great straightline speed, and great corner tossability if needed.
Gr.3: This is the Huracan's opposite end of the spectrum to the Gr.4 car. It bites and wants to kill you, albeit downplayed with the physics changes, but has that monstrous straightline speed to conquer Monza and Tokyo East (and Interlagos to some extent).

The only reason I can give to you is that you want to be like Shohei while also potentially battle against @05XR8 in Oceania FIA races, plus that I can repost you KanColle Sendai liveries from yuyuko_0418 here for you to use...
Gr.4: The NSX is a good car if your focus is some speed at the cost of some turning ability, as its relevant ability which is its fuel saving capabilities becomes irrelevant with these FIA races.
Gr.3: Now a nice feeling car to drive with the physics changes according to Mr. SpaceDust and @anthonyfa18, though tyre wear could be an issue, but then again it's been downplayed for this season. Its relevant ability that is shared among the oversteery MR cars is its amazing standing start capabilities, you are gone once you get past other cars getting their power cut by their TCS systems, but not a lot of races start from standstill anymore...

I forgot to say in my posts yesterday but feel I should mention it for the mods/admins of the site but the liveries I've made for the Mustang's
will have GTPlanet decals/website address as feel I owe that to the staff/members on here for making me a better driver over the past 12 months.

Will update my gallery with some pics later.

Oh, let's become pretend @Tidgney then!
Gr.4: The TT Cup is obviously a straightline monster with some turning capabilities, unlike the FF Mégane Gr.4 and the RCZ Gr.4 which can be best described as trying to turn a heavy cruiser thinking it can corner like an LMP1 car. Beware of burning your front tyres though, unless you are either Akagi or Tidgney.
Gr.3: The physics update should help this car become more accessible to beginners and gentleman drivers, which is Gr.3's target audience in the real world, so I can see this car becoming one of the stronger cars, if the tyre wear is friendly...despite the dialed down wear rates...

Gr.4: The Huracan is no doubt a beginner's first choice when it comes to Gr.4 cars. Excellent stability, great straightline speed, and great corner tossability if needed.
Gr.3: This is the Huracan's opposite end of the spectrum to the Gr.4 car. It bites and wants to kill you, albeit downplayed with the physics changes, but has that monstrous straightline speed to conquer Monza and Tokyo East (and Interlagos to some extent).

The only reason I can give to you is that you want to be like Shohei while also potentially battle against @05XR8 in Oceania FIA races, plus that I can repost you KanColle Sendai liveries from yuyuko_0418 here for you to use...
Gr.4: The NSX is a good car if your focus is some speed at the cost of some turning ability, as its relevant ability which is its fuel saving capabilities becomes irrelevant with these FIA races.
Gr.3: Now a nice feeling car to drive with the physics changes according to Mr. SpaceDust and @anthonyfa18, though tyre wear could be an issue, but then again it's been downplayed for this season. Its relevant ability that is shared among the oversteery MR cars is its amazing standing start capabilities, you are gone once you get past other cars getting their power cut by their TCS systems, but not a lot of races start from standstill anymore...

What about the Nissan, McLaren, Hyundai and the Jag m8 :D

Reverse, reverse, reverse...huzza for reverse layouts.:grumpy: I swear PD chooses the most disliked tracks on purpose, whatever that purpose might be.

Well, it’s not all bad, “At the end of the '2019 Exhibition Series Season 1', it will be possible to change the selected Manufacturer affiliation contract.” :bowdown:
Watch out Ferrari, here I come (to spin you into a wall every race)!

Gr.4: M4 should be less of a tortureland now with the dialed down tyre wear...
Gr.3: M6 is not something you can just put the power down easily with, but should be decent, AKA a Master of None. M3 can be a straightline monster, but may have stiff handling, but that NA V8 sounds good! And then the Z4 is where you focus on tyre management and corner tossability, also featuring said NA V8.

Gr.4: Don't know much about the Mustang, but should be decent with the dialed down tyre wear. Can be good in a straightline, but not a Cayman through the corners.
Gr.3: Mustang is where you commit yourself to straightline speed, as it will be an understeer fest, especially with the extra weight compensating for its sheer bruteforce. The GT LM is also a Speed King, but has a better handling compared to the 'Stang. Got a power nerf to coincide with the physics changes.

Gr.4: The RC F's main abilities are straightline speed and fuel saving capabilities. Other than that, it turns like an aircraft carrier, but the tyres could be better than last time around.
Gr.3: The 2016 RC F Proto is apparently a useless choice as noted by @JayOTT when @Aderrrm ended up picking this car instead of the 2017 RC F during the 2018 World Finals (maybe even before the Live Events when it was known to be weaker!) Not that the 2016 RC F was any bad, it was just overshadowed by its 2017 counterpart. Both the 2016 and the 2017 RC Fs are solid options if the tyre wear is revealed to be less severe than the 2018 Exhibition Series, with the '17 car being slightly better in everyway compared to the '16 Prototype.

Gr.4: The Atenza is a decent car all round, especially if the traction of it being AWD can be used to your advantage! It couldn't guarantee any wins, but should be good in the long run.
Gr.3: The Atenza in this category didn't have that straightline speed to back up its rather high power figures, and also not helped with a weight increase in its BoP update, which may hamper its handling, but it's apparently relevant at Interlagos and Bathurst for example...

Best summed up as the "Let's support Kerokkuma's and @TRL LIGHTNING's efforts to the World Finals, but only if Lightning stays with Subie!" Manufacturer.
Gr.4: The WRX is basically a 6-geared Evo Gr.4 with more understeer, so it should be decent all round.
Gr.3: The WRX got a weight increase as PD's attempt to stop Lightning's Subaru campaign, despite it wasn't that OP at all. Should be pretty decent, seeing as you drove for Mitsubishi last season.

Gr.4: 86 is love, 86 is life. Excellent at everything other than straightline speed.
Gr.3: Both the GR Supra and the FT-1 are excellent cars, but the FT-1 will have the lighter handling and the tyre wear advantage VS the GR Supra.
I ran the Lexus in the Americas. Gr4 had some straightline speed but tire wear was quite bad and did not fully comprehend the concept of turning. I actually picked the Prototype believing it had more straightline speed but the only reason to pick it over the superior 17 model is that it sounds nicer.

Subaru is on my list of potential future manufacturers. Gr4 is horrendously slow in a straight even with its advantages on corner exit. Courses like Monza and all the Tokyos are must-skip. Gr3 Subaru handles pretty good but straightline speed is a liability. I'd need assurances that capable drivers in other regions will go with it for the real season.

I think PD have made the call after seeing less active players. Surely.

Probably more to do with them starting to stream these races live publicly instead of making them unlisted on YouTube like last year. They didn't hire @Tom full time to just sit around doing nothing for months on end between Live Events :lol:

Round 3: Aston Martin DB3S '53 at Brands Hatch GP
I'm interested in this, ha.

Finally can change manufacturer, no more Alfa! Although i don't know what to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back