FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thanks for the info, my target is getting to the championship finals someday. So basically if youre not high A/A+ it’s just another race and there is nothing really not much to gain other than more DR points with no chance of reaching the finals. I thought there may be a tiered/flighted championship for each DR lever.

I’ll get to A+ eventually, I was 2500 points away at one point on my old profile before a bad stretch reset me, but no where near 75k. Hopefully someday lol. I didn’t know that all S drivers weren’t A+ though, I always thought they were. Thanks again for the info. Back to trying to gain more points now in hope of getting to 75k! Have a great day everyone and thanks again for the info. :)
Nope not all S are A+. I am SS and I have 26k Dr or there abouts. Got S for being one of the higher Mazda drivers. My first three manufacturers races in the Last season were good. Then I tanked the rest but only the top 3 counted so I am SS now... for now.
Anyone can get it. Be from. A country with few drivers or pick a not so popular manufacturer. Then just be respectable in some races.

@Pigems I should also have added that , unless they change it this year, the only season that actually counts for anything will be the the Final Season which was in August last year. The rest are just for fun and to gear up for the final official season.

Nope not all S are A+. I am SS and I have 26k Dr or there abouts. Got S for being one of the higher Mazda drivers. My first three manufacturers races in the Last season were good. Then I tanked the rest but only the top 3 counted so I am SS now... for now.
Anyone can get it. Be from. A country with few drivers or pick a not so popular manufacturer. Then just be respectable in some races.
This was the pivotal factor in my narrowing down manu into Nissan and Mitsubishi. They were not quite as popular as Chevy, BMW, Porsche, Subaru and others I would have preferred otherwise. I’m hoping people shy away from Nissan now that I chose it . I personally love how smooth it handles, both gr3&4

Who are you going for? I picked Mercedes because I made a nice livery for it
L1zj7kn.jpg
Merc was fun last season.

Currently the DNA team is voting on where we're all signing up. I was the only one not on Porsche last season, oops!

In the official season we're all splitting up to improve our odds but for the exhibition rounds it's fun to stack one manufacturer.

Round 6 in new Nations is probbably in Tesla, or maybe Formula E if it comes in next free DLC but it uses SportHard tires so Tesla for sure...

I believe I can get the 350Z to work for the first race. The VQ35 is strong everywhere and the car has awesome road holding at the climb up the esses. I feel its stock LSD setting helps.
Braking from high speed is superb and the gearing is pretty darn good. 2:04.035

Such a shame all these N300 cars in game and these races narrow winner choices down to one or two cars.
Chose the 996 initially. Laid down a 2:03.1xx. Saw an M4 and F50 in the top 10. Tried the F50. Time dropped to 2:02.5xx. Next, in the M4, time fell gain to a 2:01.6xx.

I only do two laps. One to see how it feels, the next is my flying lap:

TVR - 2:06

NSX-R - 2:05

Golf - 2:08.8xx

R34 - 2:04.4xx

Z8(still want to use it, just to be different) - 2:06

Integra - 2:07.787(stayed away from 2nd gear, 3rd gear pulls dropped my time from 2:09.901)

Lancer(no time) and WRX(2:08.520) are useless. Why PD BOP the weight over 1600kgs, I don't know.

Supra - 2:05.905

Tempted to try the 4C and Alpine, but I think they'll be close to the NSX time.

Edit: Matched my M4 time
IMG_6404.JPG

Edit2: Dropped my time again to a 2:01.2xx

I can see the F50 has moved up to a top5 placing and a GT40 has crept into the 10.

Last edited:
Hey Gents, anyone know if Counter Steer Assistance and Actuve Stability Management are prohibited from use in FIA point races?

Jumped back in then F50. Went 2:01.216. 0.04 faster than the 996. Tried the M4, 2:01.688.

F50 is easy with braking, acceleration, cornering, stability.

996 has a bit of slide in corners, but planted on acceleration.

I feel like I have to be delicate with the M4. Not too confident as it feels slow. Doesn't communicate to me like the other two.

Edit: now a 2:01.212 in the 996. :)
Think I'm going with the 996. I'm sure it'll be a sea of S-FRs, but I did good versus them, at Miyagi last year.

Last edited:
Jumped back in then F50. Went 2:01.216. 0.04 faster than the 996. Tried the M4, 2:01.688.

F50 is easy with braking, acceleration, cornering, stability.

996 has a bit of slide in corners, but planted on acceleration.

I feel like I have to be delicate with the M4. Not too confident as it feels slow. Doesn't communicate to me like the other two.

Edit: now a 2:01.212 in the 996. :)
Think I'm going with the 996. I'm sure it'll be a sea of S-FRs, but I did good versus them, at Miyagi last year.
You tickled me and decided to try as many cars i can,to see differences,so we have..

Toyota S-fr 1.59.066 (the obvious choice..but i dont want to..
Ferrari f-50 1.59.856 (loved it..have to see how its going with the tires)
Bmw M4 14' 2.00.306 (good car..i am curredly struggling with the downswift between 3rd and 2nd gear)
Alfa 4C 2.01.724 (unstable, unpredictable,unwanted..)
Aston vantage 2.01.727 (better choice than alfa)
Bmw M3 07' 2.02.218 (nice car,nithing more)
Alpine A110 17' 2.02.606 (thanks a lot..i wont..)
Audi R8 4.2 2.02.973 (what a love..just why so much weight?)
Integra typeR Dc2 2.06.166 (just as you said..dont touch 2nd gear)
Fiat 500 2.10.235 (just a pain in the ass..)

You tickled me and decided to try as many cars i can,to see differences,so we have..

Toyota S-fr 1.59.066 (the obvious choice..but i dont want to..
Ferrari f-50 1.59.856 (loved it..have to see how its going with the tires)
Bmw M4 14' 2.00.306 (good car..i am curredly struggling with the downswift between 3rd and 2nd gear)
Alfa 4C 2.01.724 (unstable, unpredictable,unwanted..)
Aston vantage 2.01.727 (better choice than alfa)
Bmw M3 07' 2.02.218 (nice car,nithing more)
Alpine A110 17' 2.02.606 (thanks a lot..i wont..)
Audi R8 4.2 2.02.973 (what a love..just why so much weight?)
Integra typeR Dc2 2.06.166 (just as you said..dont touch 2nd gear)
Fiat 500 2.10.235 (just a pain in the ass..)
Yeah, PD's BOP is silly for most of the cars.

I did get to try the 4C, Vantage and E92. Tried the E30 for giggles. The Vantage is really nice. The 4C is fine until I started to push it. Reminds me of the Elise /Elise RM.
The E92 is such a waste. It shouldn't be that far off the M4, but feels heavy.

As everyone knows, the S-FR should really be a Gr.4 car or put it in Gr.X.

Edit: I'm done. Crashed at the bus stop on the fourth lap. Was 0.2 seconds up at that point. Put the controller down...
IMG_6406.JPG

Last edited:
8142530196177716764_0.jpg

Look at these sweets Jaguars :embarrassed:

Bt the way, what will be the best strategy for Maggiore ? some advice ? :indiff:
With mirror settings in a custom race, you shouldn’t need to pit in DTG. Maggiore I’ll hold out as long as possible. The last couple laps you’ll need lots of grip. Especially the last 2 turns where people lose their minds on the final lap. Pit late.

With mirror settings in a custom race, you shouldn’t need to pit in DTG. Maggiore I’ll hold out as long as possible. The last couple laps you’ll need lots of grip. Especially the last 2 turns where people lose their minds on the final lap. Pit late.
Thank you :D I still have some doubts for Maggiore, though :indiff: Specially 2:
  1. One of two stops ?
  2. Soft tires all the way, medium all the way or start with one and then change to another ?
:irked:

Hey everyone, after some time away I've decided to participate in the upcoming 2019 FIA Exhibition Season. Although I won't have as much time to practice and race as I'd like, I'm going to give it my best shot and I'll be changing a few things about my approach.

For one, I've decided to switch MFG from Lexus to Mazda. This will be my 3rd MFG since starting the game, first was Mitsubishi, then it was Lexus. As you can see, I enjoy Japanese cars. They have served me well so far, with a 6th place finish for Mitsu in the final official season of 2018, and a 2nd place finish for Lexus in Exhibition Season 3. I wanted to pick a less popular MFG and see how well I fare. We'll see if I can keep any kind of pace at all with that sub-par Gr.4 car. :D

I've also decided to try and make the switch from using traction control in races to not using it at all in Gr.3 and below. I have spent some time practicing and qualifying without TCS for awhile, but so far I've only raced without it in N-class cars, FF & AWD. It seems that the latest physics update is a bit more forgiving for folks like me who are throttle heavy, so I think this might be the best time for me to switch and get the hang of it. I still have some other handicaps to remedy, but TCS is probably the biggest thing holding me back (I also still use auto-transmission and only one foot).

I tend to be a conservative racer in general. I'd rather not go for the move and just focus on my lines and applying pressure on those in front of me until they make mistakes. Part of that philosophy actually comes from using TCS and being a tenth or two slower than most guys out of corners as a result. Now that I have a little bit more potential with TCS off, I can already tell that a slightly more aggressive style will be manageable, as long as I can handle the oversteer, which will take some getting used to in the higher powered cars, but so far I like it.

Having said all that, I want to say that nobody should ever be discouraged about using TCS, because some folks will shame you and talk down to you for it, as if it's not "real racing" or some kind of cheating. All I have to say to them is WHO CARES? I had plenty of people tell me I was never going to be on pace while using TCS. None of those people expected to see me reach A+, none of them expected to see my name in the Top 10 qualifiers, none of them expected to see me in the top split lobbies racing against some of the best in my region. And now that I'm here and weaning off TCS, I'm only going to get faster.

On Wednesday I'll be trying my best to host practice lobbies during the day leading up to the races. Feel free to add me on PSN and find me then for some fast, clean fun. I'll post here again when the time comes. Looking forward to another exciting season with you all. Cheers, :cheers:

Winnie :gtpflag:

Last edited:
So, I have went with Aston Martin for this season, and instantly regretted it when I started testing for this 1st race. what a tire eater!

I believe I can get the 350Z to work for the first race. The VQ35 is strong everywhere and the car has awesome road holding at the climb up the esses. I feel its stock LSD setting helps.
Braking from high speed is superb and the gearing is pretty darn good. 2:04.035

Such a shame all these N300 cars in game and these races narrow winner choices down to one or two cars.
Chose the 996 initially. Laid down a 2:03.1xx. Saw an M4 and F50 in the top 10. Tried the F50. Time dropped to 2:02.5xx. Next, in the M4, time fell gain to a 2:01.6xx.

I only do two laps. One to see how it feels, the next is my flying lap:

TVR - 2:06

NSX-R - 2:05

Golf - 2:08.8xx

R34 - 2:04.4xx

Z8(still want to use it, just to be different) - 2:06

Integra - 2:07.787(stayed away from 2nd gear, 3rd gear pulls dropped my time from 2:09.901)

Lancer(no time) and WRX(2:08.520) are useless. Why PD BOP the weight over 1600kgs, I don't know.

Supra - 2:05.905

Tempted to try the 4C and Alpine, but I think they'll be close to the NSX time.

Edit: Matched my M4 time
View attachment 795393

Edit2: Dropped my time again to a 2:01.2xx

I can see the F50 has moved up to a top5 placing and a GT40 has crept into the 10.
I did around 2:03 with NSX at first try, but I believe it could be pushed to 2:01,maybe even under

I did around 2:03 with NSX at first try, but I believe it could be pushed to 2:01,maybe even under
I'm an average player. So, I believe the S-FR can be beaten in the right hands.

These races also depends who's driving. We know many players choose the top 10 because the fastest drivers pull out those times. Sure, an average player can probably do a quicker time in the META than in the car they're most comfortable in. I just choose to add variety in my races.

Last race, I did use the S-FR. I wanted to see how I'd go. Now that I know, I'm making use of the other good cars in the game. It is a shame the BOP destroys some cars' chances of, at the least, being competitive. Still, I'm sure most cars I tried have more in it.

Say, I was making liveries for the Pantera and I took it to the track. Did a 2:04.848. Not bad! Smooth car, shifts are quick and it sounds awesome. I think it's between the 996 and the Pantera. We'll see come Wednesday.

I’m thinking about participating with hopes of being mid pack. Questions: I see people above testing with the 996 for the first race at Dragon Trail classes as N300. The 996 is an N400 car stock, so, the question is, can I race anything I want as long as it’s detunable to N300? If so how should I detune? More weight or less power? My inclination is less power...

Edit: I didn’t see details about fuel usage for the race. Assume none? It says there’s no tire choice, what will be the choice?

I’m thinking about participating with hopes of being mid pack. Questions: I see people above testing with the 996 for the first race at Dragon Trail classes as N300. The 996 is an N400 car stock, so, the question is, can I race anything I want as long as it’s detunable to N300? If so how should I detune? More weight or less power? My inclination is less power...

Edit: I didn’t see details about fuel usage for the race. Assume none? It says there’s no tire choice, what will be the choice?
When you go to "Free Practice", all your cars that meet Race Rules(BoP), will be visable.
From there, you will have to use Mileage Points to detune the N400 or tune up N100-200. N300 will BOP automatically.
You may also need to select Comfort Soft tyres, if not equipped.

That is correct, you can use anything you can tune down to n300. If you do power upgrades then you actually gain access to a lower power range just in case stage 1 doesnt do the trick.
Tires will be limited to comfort soft, which will hardly wear by the end of the race. Fuel shouldnt be a factor either.
I tried the 993 and it feels solid but it cant quite hang with the pace of the xbow and the S-FR.
Also, the f50 is very competitive in the right hands it seems. @MrStinkyBug was killing it against the xbows today in a practice sesh :bowdown:

Thank you :D I still have some doubts for Maggiore, though :indiff: Specially 2:
  1. One of two stops ?
  2. Soft tires all the way, medium all the way or start with one and then change to another ?
:irked:
I’m not familiar with Jag tire wear, assuming it’s similar to most FR cars , I’d test front medium /rear soft at start. One pit and change to all soft. As a rule, use a harder compound on the front than rear. This will give you more durability/distance. It’s 11 laps at x7 tire wear so you may even see some drivers go on with no pit stop.
I’ll pit after lap 6 unless I sustain damage forcing me in early. If that happens, I’ll probably go all the way from that point.

I tried the X-bow and it felt way easier to drive. Not the tail-snappy thing it used to be. However, I couldn't get it under 2:02 to match the 996, F50 and M4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back