FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit in the middle of the race bc i did about 3-4 spins after hard breaks or middle pressure breaks, car was insanely understeery. (started 5th, i'm average driver B rating) car was R8 GT3

What am i missing? how can i avoid from these spins? that tyre wear 9x and spins killed my race i want to uninstall the game lol

Love to hear some tips from good racers.

My first FIA race win in Nations, as driver number 9. Qualified 3rd with just 0.03 between me and first. As soon as the race started it was clear to me that the two drivers ahead didn't have consistent race pace, so I just stayed close behind and waited for them to bin it. Despite what people are saying about the new 1.39 physics, there were still plenty of people binning it out of slow corners. After a few laps I was in the lead, and then most people behind me pitted, whereas my plan was a no-stop. I had a 1-stopper closing in on me during the last few laps, but finished with over 2 seconds lead. 884 points, an FIA PB, and DR up 1500 to 22.4k, a DR PB. It's slow progress on DR as I've only been doing the Nations cup races.

So, countdown to the first of my Manufacturer races has started.

Managed ten laps between 1:40.150, and 1:41.2 (apart from one 1:45.955 due to messing up corner 1/2) in a quick practice session, so I think we're good to go.

I'm sorry Honda. I'll do my best.

So as far as the Manufacturer series goes, I see 3 races. Do you race in all 3 or do you just choose one of the time slots?

So as far as the Manufacturer series goes, I see 3 races. Do you race in all 3 or do you just choose one of the time slots?

You can do all three. But only the last entered round counts for points. Get a podium, and then tenth, it's the tenth that counts.

As far as I'm aware.

Can’t describe how annoyed I am right now. Been looking forward to this Manu race all week. My strongest track, just qualified 5th for VW and then just as race about to start I knocked the extended storage usb lead and it crashed the game :banghead:🤬 Haven’t got time tonight to do another.

Subaru or Ford? Thoughts?
Ford looks to be pretty good. Gr.4 is fast and both the Ford GT And Mustang Gr.3 cars are fast in a straight line (GT is harder to drive but slightly faster than the easy Mustang). Subaru's are good at twisty stuff but very slow in a straightline, but you get Lightning as your euro team mate if you are fast enough to get to the finals.

Last edited:
Managed a 1:38.1xx in the Genesis for the Manufacturer race. Lots of mistakes to get there though. I hate watching replays of the top times because you feel like you're not doing anything different and somehow end up 7 tenths down.

Welp. That did not go well. :lol:

Interlagos being an anti-FF track pretty much meant I was doomed from the get-go, since Round 2 at Yamagiwa will be the same story, I'll be retreating to the Daily Race grind for some DR until Round 3 Le Mans next weekend where I'll be using my Pug VGT to try and swipe the top split win ;)

I'm normally heavily against a low percentage of the rounds counting, but here?.. With Peugeot?.. Thank god for 5 out of 20 rounds count :lol:

That being said, The Group 4 Pug should be considerably less useless at St Croix and Monza, so I will be going after those, but this round is the last time I'll be attempting the Pug dream at a place it clearly isn't strong.

It was a very respectfull intense manufacturer race on my french account , not a single contact , overtakes .... a great GT Sport moment.
Till a guy make this mess . Ok it can happen to anybody , but he didn't even send a ' i'm sorry ' after the race . Not even possible to send a message because he lock this option. Bad day , this were the only EU slot i can race today. :indiff::indiff::indiff:👎

So, that didn't go too badly. Not particularly happy with qualifying (I didn't break below 1:40) and I could have done a bit better in the race.

Cq0rVTZ.jpg

I'm tempted to run again at 21:00, and see if I can improve. If do, great. If not, well, there are only about three people in EMEA with Honda . .

This of course does depend on how the girlfriend is feeling, closer to 9pm

ifuknowwhatimean.jpg

I prayed to the GT gods and they led me to Ford. My goal is to improve on my 2018 season with Dodge. I’m ready for some fun, fast racing.

6 tenths separating pole at Interlagos and me in 12th.

18th.

I don't even know what to say tbh. There was a decent train behind another GT-R in 8th for the first few laps. Then a Mustang fell out coming up towards the last corner. The three in front of me got past, I got stuck behind him. A few laps later he went off in the same place, slid across the track and I got the penalty when I hit him as he was going off. Then it started getting worse. I've ended up losing 13 SR points, so that should give you an idea.

Also, what is it with this track, FIA qualifying and utter clowns who decide to come out of the pits and not yield to cars on the back straight? I was 2 tenths purple and this idiot in a Mustang decides to run me to the outside. It's not the first time that's happened to me at Interlagos.

I prayed to the GT gods and they told me to choose Mitsubishi for Manufacturers. Probably not the best choice due to the lack of straight line speed but looks like it will be fun judging by the 1st race. Qualifying was really close with me being 0.4 off pole but getting 10th. Race itself was a lot of hip and shoulders, but was fun and ended up having a really good battle at the end with a Cayman (although he did look a bit confused when I was unable to overtake him despite sticking to his bumper for the last 3 laps). Got 1400 points so the fight to make Mitsubishi respectable starts here,

I decided to do Nations with very little practice, but it was a fun race. Qualified midfield again and just tried to keep it sensible through the chicane and not make any obvious mistakes. Strangely a few people pitted, not sure if that is just an Audi thing, but my Beetles tyres held on ok to get 6th. Think the FT-1 is probably the best car here, but I simply didn't have enough time to work out the kinks so went with old faithful VW.

Stream is live! We're going after a fun race today as Interlagos is definitely not a FWD track. Although we'll be very racey in the early part of the race :D!

Strangely a few people pitted, not sure if that is just an Audi thing, but my Beetles tyres held on ok to get 6th.
Looking at your lap times, pitting may well have been faster for you. You were losing about 2 seconds a lap by the end, despite the lighter fuel load. Fresh tyres combined with that lighter fuel load would have taken your times down below your fastest lap. A pitstop adds <12 seconds. There's very little in it either way, so track position was the most important consideration.

Welp. That did not go well. :lol:

Interlagos being an anti-FF track pretty much meant I was doomed from the get-go, since Round 2 at Yamagiwa will be the same story, I'll be retreating to the Daily Race grind for some DR until Round 3 Le Mans next weekend where I'll be using my Pug VGT to try and swipe the top split win ;)

I'm normally heavily against a low percentage of the rounds counting, but here?.. With Peugeot?.. Thank god for 5 out of 20 rounds count :lol:

That being said, The Group 4 Pug should be considerably less useless at St Croix and Monza, so I will be going after those, but this round is the last time I'll be attempting the Pug dream at a place it clearly isn't strong.
I figured it would be a massive struggle. If it was one lap shorter, it may have been a salvageable combo.

I'll likely do the all RCZ combos once I return from Montreal. NA is not an easy region but certainly no EMEA. I might get lucky. :lol:

I figured it would be a massive struggle. If it was one lap shorter, it may have been a salvageable combo.

I'll likely do the all RCZ combos once I return from Montreal. NA is not an easy region but certainly no EMEA. I might get lucky. :lol:

Montreal... You at the F1 race?

Great videos. Is interlagos really a 0-stop flat out the whole time? Did you need to manage your tires at all to keep them so fresh towards the end?

Thank you. Yeah easy no stop, I didn't manage my tires or fuel at all. Hope the future races mix things up a bit with fuel/tires

I decided against running the Interlagos race again. Girlfriend quite rightly pointed out that if I bin it, I'm too tired to go for race three.

She's learning . .

Next one for me will be la Sarthe. In the NSX. Going to need a GTR to help pull me down the straights, I think.

I quit in the middle of the race bc i did about 3-4 spins after hard breaks or middle pressure breaks, car was insanely understeery. (started 5th, i'm average driver B rating) car was R8 GT3

What am i missing? how can i avoid from these spins? that tyre wear 9x and spins killed my race i want to uninstall the game lol

Love to hear some tips from good racers.
What are you driving? That sounds like TCS 2 needs to be set. You can graduate up from zero as your tires wear. No shame in that.

I prayed to the GT gods and they told me to choose Mitsubishi for Manufacturers. Probably not the best choice due to the lack of straight line speed but looks like it will be fun judging by the 1st race. Qualifying was really close with me being 0.4 off pole but getting 10th. Race itself was a lot of hip and shoulders, but was fun and ended up having a really good battle at the end with a Cayman (although he did look a bit confused when I was unable to overtake him despite sticking to his bumper for the last 3 laps). Got 1400 points so the fight to make Mitsubishi respectable starts here,

I decided to do Nations with very little practice, but it was a fun race. Qualified midfield again and just tried to keep it sensible through the chicane and not make any obvious mistakes. Strangely a few people pitted, not sure if that is just an Audi thing, but my Beetles tyres held on ok to get 6th. Think the FT-1 is probably the best car here, but I simply didn't have enough time to work out the kinks so went with old faithful VW.

You did a lot better than I could manage. I qualified 12th (I think I was 8 tenths off pole) but finished 17th in a 2300 point lobby for a measly 355 points in the Evo. Tire wear killed any ability I had to make up for the slowness down the straight, and got a 2 sec penalty which cost me 2 spots. Not a great start at the North American wing of Mitsu.

My race was fun, but obviously not a FWD car circuit. Although I have a big problem with the points system... So top split race, the lowest if logic worked I should be is 60th in the region (Counting all 3 time slots), or maybe a tiny bit lower (If you consider that the first time slot might have a strong split 2).

I'm currently sitting 95th just for Audi and 1756th for EMEA. To put this into some context, and no offence to the individual who I shall not name someone with 7.7k DR beat me by 100 points in the same car!

Gave me a good laugh anyway, hopefully that gets fixed at some point.

If anyone has saved the manufacturer replay from my race I'd appreciate it if you could share it <3

edit: Just to add I've just noticed I was beaten by 1 point by somebody who joined their FIA race with 1 DR.

Last edited:
Nations was very good. I had practised in the RCZ during week but at last second opted for the ft-1.

I'm at my highest ever DR so these FIA races are getting tougher and tougher and I was ranked 19th in the lobby. Think it might have been 3rd split.

Anyway pulled a great lap out in qualifying to just miss pole by half a tenth but I knew I was somewhat out of position and I'd be under pressure from behind.

Held 2nd for first few laps but once the cars behind sorted themselves out I was soon under pressure from 3rd and 4th. Didn't gift them the positions but didn't make it hard either. At half way stage I was in a relatively comfortable 4th and that's where I finished with the no stop strategy. Was happy with that result.

Manufactuers was tough. Iv chosen the citreon twins. Group 4 is lovely to drive but just doesn't have the grunt to be competitive at interlagos. Qualified 16th and finished 13th literally on the bumper of the other citreon so I guess that's pretty much where the car was

Again very competitive field. Grid was split by 8 tenths from pole to 20th meaning that making progress was difficult especially with the short distance and the lack of tyrewear to mix things up.

Still fun was had so all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back