FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started qualifying around P10, didn't seem to be any fuel shaving in group I was in. Set BB 2 to rear for race
Good luck :)

Tested for about 6 laps, fuel is plenty. Tires seem to easily last as well, and deg seems worse for the fronts, so a +BB will help you with that, even though it doesn't look critical.

EDIT: Tires lasted ok, but understeer started kicking in early enough. Here's how the race went:
nations combo is super boring :(
My race ended up not being too boring for one simple reason: I was super slow, but pulled of P2 in qualy.

Kept up with the leader until lap 3 (even managed a FL in lap 2, that was later knocked out by 0.100, so not bad), then dropped off by quite a bit.

I could see a train forming behind me and P3 started getting anxious, then overly aggressive. Lap 7 he pushed me aside in turn 2 (the hairpin, not the faux S), I pushed back later and with that, we were passed. I kept third and he fell back.

P4 started getting his elbows out and this happened (please share your honest opinion as to if I was dirty/unfair - he thought so):

Ended the race P3, just 0.020 behind P2, got 187 points and that'll do for today.

Last edited:
P4 started getting his elbows out and this happened (please share your honest opinion as to if I was dirty/unfair - he thought so):

Ended the race P3, just 0.020 behind P2, got 187 points and that'll do for today.

That's a close one but seems like you could have left him a little more track. Nothing malicious tho.

That's a close one but seems like you could have left him a little more track. Nothing malicious tho.

Good point! I’m inclined to agree. I didn’t think we’d touch, but I had full steering lock and never opened it until after contact.

Still, if I was a bit lighter on the gas after I was already ahead, maybe I could’ve avoided it.

Thanks for the feedback!

My race was just driving a train for 18 laps. Started 7th, finished 6th with 169 pts and a clean race bonus. The only position I gained was because someone in front got a stupid outside contact penalty. I spent the whole race staring at the same car's bumper, and in turn the car behind me spent the entire race staring at mine. We both only made a move on the car in front once, but couldn't pull it off. Thankfully the race was clean in spite of how hard it was to pass.

Alt account.
Super surprised. Mazda users, if you can be patient and easy on the turns, you can do eeeet!
ESzyzZjU8AAwAVe.jpeg
ESzyp2KUUAIdjXZ.jpeg
ESzz7jiUEAAkWrI.jpeg
ESz0LzMUwAAZsUo.jpeg

Crazy qualy. Some players went 4-wide into a turn. Seriously!

I didn't know how it would go. So, qualy on RH. I messed up at T1, got .5 seconds. Pit for RS but too late to start a lap.
Started in RH. As the pic shows, pit end of lap 10(switched to RM). So much red, but the tyres were consistently dropping off. I could adjust with the grip. Awesome.

Entered behind the RC F and exited ahead. Slightly. I signalled to let it go. Figured it could give me a tow to distance us from the cars behind. Worked.

Caught up to the top 7. Made a lot of positions, due to early pits by other players. Towards the end we(me and the RC F) caught that early stopping 86. Then, we both got .5 for T1 again.
RC F goes off at the bottom hill right-hander. Brought it home from there.

Couldn't see who beat my FL at the finish(Edit: the GT-R). Pole would have been attainable in that room. Anyway, it went way better than expected.

Did the frog train at Tsukuba, rubbish qualifying, started 12thand finished 6th. Got a bit elbowsy with a guy who overtook me on the inside at the first hairpin even though I had two wheels on the inside rumble.
First time I've ever raced the frog, what a boring car the S-FR is, it hasnt even got an interior :rolleyes:

So some of you were doing one stops? I don’t reckon I could do that so I stopped twice. Soft Soft Hard. Maybe could have done a one stop I guess. Probably gave up a few places in the end with the second stop. Anyway....

Ended up 9th, but with a door number of 17 I thought that wasn’t too bad. 189 points. Not great, but it improves my total of points by a bit.

Then I realise I lost 2000 DR in that race!!

Wait what!?

So some of you were doing one stops? I don’t reckon I could do that so I stopped twice. Soft Soft Hard. Maybe could have done a one stop I guess. Probably gave up a few places in the end with the second stop. Anyway....

Ended up 9th, but with a door number of 17 I thought that wasn’t too bad. 189 points. Not great, but it improves my total of points by a bit.

Then I realise I lost 2000 DR in that race!!

Wait what!?

Did you drop a DR rank after that race? If you were right at the bottom end of your DR rank before the race, and lost a small amount of DR (which is possible finishing 9th) then you may have dropped a rank. When you move between DR ranks you either gain or lose an additional 1500 DR points so that may explain it.

Just got disco'd from the last slot for the night. I even restarted my PS4 15 minutes before 10pm.

Oh well, set a 30 second flat, in the Supra, for Lago this Saturday.

I was in same lobby as you before we got kicked!

Not happy as didn’t get to race at all tonight but on the plus side, I did manage a rare visit to the top 10 leaderboard in 2nd place for Nurburgring before everyone else puts in a lap :lol:

161D5554-169E-460E-BF7B-F766F0E8ACFB.jpeg

All I can say about this Gr.4 Manufacturer's race at Red Bull Ring is that it was a massive waste of time.

The penalty system destroyed any chances of me having a good race in addition to d-bags who seem to game said system and punt me off while they get away with it scot-free.

To elaborate:

Race 1 at 7.40pm - Ruined by a 4-second penalty because of some punter in a Lexus who shoved me wide and cut off my line. Quit because I was pretty damn far below in the grid, so why bother at that point, since there was going to be no points to be gained.
Race 2 at 9.00pm - More or less just a race to regain my lost SR after that absolute botchjob of a race. About 4th place with 30-something points.
Race 3 at 10.20pm - Fighting for 1st ruined because the penalty system decides to punish me for getting involved in a crash I couldn't avoid because some other nutjob in a Lexus spins at the first right-hander and I get caught in the crossfire. Followed by that, I get punted in the rear by some prick in a Mustang. Just before the last lap I try to defend 3rd position and someone in an Aston ends up going off-track and gets a 4 second penalty, and decides to take out his frustrations on me and throws me into the gravel in retaliation, knocking me all the way down into 8th place. Still get 51 points, but all in all it was a colossal waste of time.

In the words of Sebastian Vettel, "Honestly, what the **** are we doing here?"

Last edited:
Last nights nations race went flawless for me. Qualified on pole and I checked out thanks to the rolling start and stretched it to a 10 second lead at the end of the race. Didn't put a foot wrong and it's the first time in awhile I won a Nations/Manu cup race. My only complaint is I'm hundreds of points shy of getting into A+ 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Has anyone that did the manufacturers cup race try S/H/S or any combination? The Lexus chews up it's tires and I felt my medium times was only .5 off what I was running on the hards so I don't feel it's worth it.

All I can say about this Gr.4 Manufacturer's race at Red Bull Ring is that it was a massive waste of time.

The penalty system destroyed any chances of me having a good race in addition to d-bags who seem to game said system and punt me off while they get away with it scot-free.

That’s exactly why I’m unsure about racing tonight. Might not be worth the aggravation.

Last nights nations race went flawless for me. Qualified on pole and I checked out thanks to the rolling start and stretched it to a 10 second lead at the end of the race. Didn't put a foot wrong and it's the first time in awhile I won a Nations/Manu cup race. My only complaint is I'm hundreds of points shy of getting into A+ 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Has anyone that did the manufacturers cup race try S/H/S or any combination? The Lexus chews up it's tires and I felt my medium times was only .5 off what I was running on the hards so I don't feel it's worth it.

You were in my split and hauled a**. Good job, bud. Didn’t give me a hint of a chance there and won by over 10s. Amazing stuff!

Here's the highlight of last night. The combo was so lame most of top split didn't even come out. We ended up racing against some lower level drivers, for no real points. It feels like it's been more than a year since someone deliberately punted me off a track...

Here's the highlight of last night. The combo was so lame most of top split didn't even come out. We ended up racing against some lower level drivers, for no real points. It feels like it's been more than a year since someone deliberately punted me off a track...

He went for the biggest lunge of all time at T1, so not excusing their driving, however they probably didn't take kindly to you hitting them by driving to the outside before you were clear of their car. However, if you had left room on the outside and were roughly level at the next turn I would say 50-50 the other car would still probably barge you given the way they were driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
My highest DR win ever, but I'm tempted to do the race a couple more times to see if I can get the 2300 DR I need to reach A+, as I feel like I'm decent at this combo. I've done 27:54 in practice, so it was a slow race time, but I qualified 4th, so it was all about driving steady to save the tyres while everyone around me devoured their rubber.

FIA Manu Rd 7 Slot 1 Result 2020-03-11.jpg

My highest DR win ever, but I'm tempted to do the race a couple more times to see if I can get the 2300 DR I need to reach A+, as I feel like I'm decent at this combo. I've done 27:54 in practice, so it was a slow race time, but I qualified 4th, so it was all about driving steady to save the tyres while everyone around me devoured their rubber.

View attachment 899010

Congratulations :gtpflag: What strategy did you go for?

Yes I'm asking because I've only done one practice run and need your expertise!

Arrrrgh forgot that you had to use hards!!! :embarrassed: Was celebrating my second consecutive 2nd place and saw the dreaded red 20 seconds!

E1E2072D-0B1E-4AC2-AB41-FCCE8C1C3881.jpeg

4279EE8E-5D21-48F5-933F-700AF7CCC865.jpeg

First race in ages and first 2 laps had doorbell ringing, phone ringing...was chaos. Did half a lap standing up!! :lol:

did 5S/7M/5S which was obviously wrong!! :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't race yesterday as I didn't have time, but looking at the track/car combo I don't think I've missed anything...
Did the first slot at Manufacturers today. Driving the 86 on that track I didn't expect anything special but still got disappointed.
Started in P16. 0.9 seconds behind P1 I believe.
Started on the hards and did three laps with them, then went on for 2x 7 laps on soft.
Got punted out by someone in turn 7 (Rindt) in lap 5, hit the barrier slightly. Luckily only two positions lost, but back to P17.
I usually don't do this but I got my revenge on him in lap 11. Idiot.

In the last laps there was a nice 4-way battle, although it was only for P13. Still it was clean and fun!
Will have to go again, but I have to beat 227 points which will be very hard to beat given the 86 is just too slow on the straights.

Red Bull Ring seems to bring out the worst in people, I saw a lot of jousting battles. The silliest thing that someone did around me was when battling side by side I stayed in the middle approaching Rauch, and they were on the left. I left room, but they really wanted to be on the right, and kept turning right into me even though my car was there, until they binned themselves in the wall.

I think the fact most people were on Hard or Soft at different points didn't help.

Second go of Austria turns what should have been 6th, could have been 5th, into 8th because I get a track limits penalty at the second last corner on the second last lap. Overshot it by ****ing miles. Fuming. Still got my best FIA score yet with a wheel after Blue Moon Bay bumped my DR up in the dailies this week.

Also it's really annoying when you get an alien levelling up an account winning by 37 seconds: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9982233

I didn't race yesterday as I didn't have time, but looking at the track/car combo I don't think I've missed anything...
Did the first slot at Manufacturers today. Driving the 86 on that track I didn't expect anything special but still got disappointed.
Started in P16. 0.9 seconds behind P1 I believe.
Started on the hards and did three laps with them, then went on for 2x 7 laps on soft.
Got punted out by someone in turn 7 (Rindt) in lap 5, hit the barrier slightly. Luckily only two positions lost, but back to P17.
I usually don't do this but I got my revenge on him in lap 11. Idiot.

In the last laps there was a nice 4-way battle, although it was only for P13. Still it was clean and fun!
Will have to go again, but I have to beat 227 points which will be very hard to beat given the 86 is just too slow on the straights.

Race two went equally bad.
In qualifying I had to abort the first run when fuelburning due to a telephone call. At least I was able to re-join although with no fuel burned.
My lap was a 36.1 which was 1 tenth slower than my previous qualifying but I was in 12th.
Same strategy 3H/7S/7S
Was in the battle for P7 when the same idiot from the race before decided to divebomb me (although not as hard as the last race) so I lost the position and additionally gained a 2 second penalty despite being shoved wide. That was on the last lap. Unfortunately I didn't realize there's a second penalty zone towards the end and I stayed on the racing line, giving someone a penalty as he seems to have hit my ghost. Sorry again GTP_DTM!
170 points, will go again, but will miss the next slot.

^wow! you really have must managed your tires well for the softs to last 7 laps!
Luckily the Toyota 86 isn't too hard on its tires given its weight. But the tires were dead :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back