FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In North America there were only 2 Pugs in the Top 10. The rest were all Supras...
Really like the 911 on this track. All the shift points are pretty spot on and you can take the chicane at nearly full speed compared to other cars... at least the ones I tried. Supra was very difficult to figure out... tons of wheel spin on a DS4. But the top end speed was about the highest IIRC. Wouldn't surprise me if all top splits were mostly with it.

Reactions: Qyn
Really like the 911 on this track. All the shift points are pretty spot on and you can take the chicane at nearly full speed compared to other cars... at least the ones I tried. Supra was very difficult to figure out... tons of wheel spin on a DS4. But the top end speed was about the highest IIRC. Wouldn't surprise me if all top splits were mostly with it.
I don't like the Supra either. It has a peaky torque curve that's annoying to use out of the slow corners. 2nd gear is wheelspin for days, 3rd gear requires about a day before it's back in the engine's powerband. On top of that, it's an ugly car and sounds boring too. If I have the Pug in my garage I'll try that out tonight.

Perfect.
Races I like in FIA official season...A good beginning result...AND...it is no longer official...

I actually enjoy the Supra a lot, though...
I’ll stay Toyota definitely. I might not be as fast as in the 86 as other cars but cockpit view and sound are great and it’s fun to drive...

#metoo

I still think I will stay with them, but need to test a bit with tyre wear with the Group 3 car. At Lago Maggiore had some small surprises when tyre wear kicked in a bit...

Same here, I’m not used to MR cars with fuel/tire wear on at all. I had always stuck to FR Power cars up until this season, but decided to try something different for a change this time. I really like the cars so far. :)

Any idea if we will get to re pick Manus’ after the 10 races?

I may be completely off here (wouldn't be the first time), but didn't they include that (allowing us to change Manufacturers) in their post about Mazda?

If I knew this was going to turn into an exhibition season, I would have given Aston Martin a try.

Well I'm especially bummed about this first block not actually counting anymore. I was especially looking forward to the Nations Cup races. I already had a great time with the karts and was looking forward to the RB Jr. cars to close off this first round.

I thought we'd be able to switch after we get the RX-VISION. It's at that point we can switch to that car. This is why I posted above, about PD/Mazda bringing the car forward. I can't see players switching(except for me when I restart a game) mid-Stage, as it originally was due between May 17 & 31 races.

Can't help but claim that PD turning Stage 1 into an Exhibition was something I say could happen. Even without the potential boycott, WT Germany was likely going under which would've made this round less relevant. They should've done these moves last week and announced they were going to make fixes so that they could've saved us all the drama but at least action was eventually taken. Let's hope things change for the better.

This is also great news from a personal level. Gives me time to rest and heal. I'll do enough to maintain my S rating but otherwise may stream older console games.

Here's my one shot for Manu. Tried really hard to avoid contact but eventually got stuck in a bad spot. You should recognize that moment from my 1812 Penalties video. :lol:

So since this is now a 10-round Pre-Season, do all rounds count? Or are they still only doing the best 1/4 of them (so probably 3 races)?

Same here, I’m not used to MR cars with fuel/tire wear on at all. I had always stuck to FR Power cars up until this season, but decided to try something different for a change this time. I really like the cars so far. :)

Well, change of plans - I will probably stop playing racing games until I can find a solution to replace the potentiometer for my accelerator pedal. I spent yesterday around 2 hours to clean it - with compressed air and earsticks with alcohol only to have today the same flickering of the acceleration input.

It was the second cleaning in the same week, so I assume the potentiometer's time is up.

Well, had Pole Position for a few seconds with zero time on the clock. See how we go. Standing start.
ETnYXbbU4AAs1oC.jpeg

Edit: 2 for 2! Clean racing up the front. Seems like th VGTs are a little thirsty. No conserving for me. Just Fuel 1, flat out. Tyres stayed consistent.

The Pole VGT was conserving a bit. So, I had to pounce. Got a good run after the first chicane. Too much kerb at the right-hander launched myself off track. Fell to 5th.
Charged back as P1 pit. The C7 dropped back to save and then pit. The RSR pit. Next lap, I pit behind the player that finished P2.
We come out and I'm ahead! :eek:

Head down and pushed with 4.3 laps in the tank. Good stuff.
ETnfCdYUwAAGX4H.jpeg

ETnegIzUMAA67fL.jpeg

Last edited:
They don't wear much, but if you're in a car really bad for tyres and you don't do well on worn tyres you might want tyres. Most people will manage with only fuel at the pit stop.
The last time I remember doing a race like this was on Tokyo East. I didn't change tyres and got passed for the lead with two corners to go. I think I'll change.

Ed - I have done some testing in the GT-R. I won't be changing tyres, unless I have a decent lead and can afford it. Seems to be very little need for it.

Last edited:
So since this is now a 10-round Pre-Season, do all rounds count? Or are they still only doing the best 1/4 of them (so probably 3 races)?

Nothing has been said on that side of things but I think no changes at present unless someone else knows otherwise?

Less than 20 minutes to go before EMEA lobbies kick off and everything is going very sluggishly at my end. Some things aren't even loading properly... including the Race Entry menu...

Also getting 'Network Error' prompts on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back