FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun season and lots of good racing. Was a bit burnt out towards the end & going to take a break from GT Sport for a while.

Attachments

• B13E1136-341F-461D-8A31-B04D01BC7871.jpeg
    B13E1136-341F-461D-8A31-B04D01BC7871.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • A6885A02-2118-4E8A-ABCE-6F7257BDB250.jpeg
    A6885A02-2118-4E8A-ABCE-6F7257BDB250.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
I think I'm gonna choose a manufacturer only with regards to Gr.3. I don't much like driving Gr.4, and the Gr.4 BoP is incredibly screwed up. Even if PD try to fix it there's a good thance they'll overcorrect and make, like, the Cayman super strong next year or something.

We saw Chevy vs Porsche, raced all Z cars in a Daily Race, pretty much Group C cars at La Sarthe, a road car of choice at SSRX. I at least hope PD be creative with races. Take a chance more often.

Mustang and Corvette at Bathurst(Gr.3)

One make 458 GT3, at any Italian circuit.

One Make Cayman at N24

E-Type vs C2

R8 Gordini vs Mini '65 or Mini '65 vs GT 350

More variety of car match ups.

Some good ideas there. Hope PD takes a look at this thread :D

My wishlist for Nations, before we move on to GT7:
- Night race (either Bathurst or N24)
- Tokyo Central rain
- Race with Mercedes F1
- Northern Isle race with classic muscle cars or Chevy Nova (classic NASCAR style)
- BB Raceway :lol:
- St Croix A/C reverse (never been used in any official event IIRC, be it Daily/FIA/TT)
- Horse Thief Mile with AE86 on Comfort Hards (doriftoooo :P)
- Actual rally event on dirt
- Tacoma vs F150
- N500 Gr Road Cars only event
- N1000 at either Sarthe/Monza No Chicane
- Group C only race
- Mini vs Fiat 500 vs Beetle vs Sambabus...at Nordschleife :lol:

As for Manu, in my opinion they have too much straightforward flatout races last season. No stop/1 stop races are a too processional. IMO multipliers between 4-6x are the sweet spot. Too high and FF/4WD can't compete. Too low and you might as well just do a daily race.

Had a tight race at the Burg (Nurburgring) towards the end of Manufacturers Season in the Gr4s. Ended up battling race long with Conzio, Maca and Jono Stan in ANZ Top split. Si Bishop also came strong at the end of the race.

I've got a long wishlist of Nations Cup races, here's a small selection. Some of them are reasonable. Some of them are not.

- Gr.4, no FF

- Gr.C @ a technical circuit (let the old boys fight on a circuit that isn't purely about raw power)

- A VGT race (several different VGT cars, all BoPed)

- Tomahawk X one-make (come on, what could go wrong?)

- GT-R LM NISMO one-make, a longer circuit, high tyre wear (Bono pls)

2020 FIA Manufacturer Cup Review
Total Points: 1257
Local Ranking: 1st (Not so relevant as I was the only one to put in a full campaign for Honda)
Manufacturer Ranking: 24th
EMEA Region Ranking: 536th

A Little late on this one, but here's how things went; in short, my best full season to date. I started this season with just two goals really, 1; to get DR.A once more, but establish myself this time, having flirted with the rank recently, and previously being DR A under the older system way back in 2017/18. And 2; enter all the races the season where possible (in the end 28/30 entered), having never committed to all the races in a season before. In the end I reached DR.A far quicker than expected during the 1st stage. I wanted to get to DR.A not necessarily for the improvement in racing, but because I knew I could reach that rank, and the higher points offered were needed to put together a really strong season.

All-in-all it was a fantastically successful season, with my end rankings smashing my original goals I expected. Originally I would have been very happy with a top 1000 EMEA ranking and top 100 place for Honda, never mind what I got in the end. A lot of this is down to my overall race-craft improving massively over the last 6 months, with big gains coming this season. I started using the ghosts from the lap times of those in the top 10 during practice, as well as watching replays to learn where I could go faster, which helped. Even more so when a fellow Honda driver or two was sitting in the top 10 times. Also, echoing the sentiments of many here when I say I've found the strategy and driving guides made by @Mistah_MCA and @Tidgney to be very helpful too, as my weak points had always been qualifying and strategy making, so these guides have been very useful to me and so many others 👍.

As for Honda's performance this season, well as far I can remember it's the best full season ever for Honda, as I don't think they have ever won overall in EMEA (correct me if I'm wrong). Helped by some really fast drivers for Honda like Antomix, Quinten, PR1_Will and Honda regular @Hasnain282, and of course BRacer, who pulled in some true alien-like performances to take the overall top spot.

I was also lucky to enough to end up racing with some GTP names I recognised for the first time this season, both on track and in practice sessions, meeting @stpatty, @Kermit_2142 and @Ashthebash at various points who were a pleasure to meet 👍.

Going forward I don't plan on entering next season's Manufacturers Cup, at least not to the same intensity I don't think, especially as I don't do daily races much anymore. Have no real need or desire to without forcing the issue, and the last thing I'd want is for it to be no longer fun. Whilst I don't really enter Nations (generally prefer committing to one and representing a Manufacturer as opposed to my country), I feel improvements could be made to the scheduling of races. Having the Nations and Manufacturers on the same day on a Saturday looked very busy, especially for those entering both. Perhaps moving Nations back a day, to say Fridays would be more suitable, regardless if the Supra Cup is back or not. Some of the combo's for Nations this season did look fun though.

Overall though it was a great season of racing all round, with some great racing had on track, so good luck to all those going forward and have fun :cheers:.

20200813022428.jpg

Meeting @stpatty at St Croix Rd12
20200813022435.jpg

Racing with @Kermit_2142 at Rd 17 at Alsace
20200813023144.jpg

On the way to a surprise season best P2 finish in Rd21 at Maggiore

Helped by some really fast drivers for Honda like Antomix, Quinten, PR1_Will and Honda regular @Hasnain282, and of course BRacer, who pulled in some true alien-like performances to take the overall top spot.
Thanks for the compliment but I contributed nothing compared to those guys, there were many people (including the ones mentioned) who did very well for Honda. :cheers:

Watch the combinations get revealed on the 24th, with a BOP change on the 25th. :scared:
I'd love to see them do a mystery round where combo isn't revealed till you get in the lobby, would need to add extra practice time in the lobby for that but would be cool to see

Congratulations on the great season @Michelin Man. That race at Alsace was a season highlight for myself too. This season I only entered when I had time and really like the combo and found it a much more enjoyable as I wasn’t worried about points etc and could just enjoy the racing.
Hopefully see you next season, now it’s time to pick a new manufacturer!!!

Why thank you sir, and that race at Alsace was good fun, even if my bad maths meant I under-fuelled by two laps to run out on the run to the line, and finish P11 :lol:.

And even with that limited running, it looked like you had a very solid season, with some very tidy performances for Ferrari, and you're no slouch yourself! Like Honda, Ferrari seems to be a good all-rounders in both categories, and I'd probably say the same for both Lexus, Mclaren and Dodge right now.

Thanks for the compliment but I contributed nothing compared to those guys, there were many people (including the ones mentioned) who did very well for Honda. :cheers:

No problem, certainly worthy of the compliment I think, as your name is one I've often recognised as a regular top 20 finisher for Honda in seasons gone-by, with some very fast drivers continuing to join always welcoming and your certainly no slouch either 👍.

I've been editing and commentating some of my videos from this season, taking inspiration from the myriad of streamers/YouTubers who do this professionally. I'd like to get some feedback on it! Thumbnails are a bit rough, I know, I didn't feel like I could justify spending time making them look nicer.

Time stamps:
Qualifying: 0:47
Race: 2:28

Time stamps:
Qualifying: 0:12
Race: 5:31

Time stamps:
1st Qualifying attempt: 0:11
1st Race: 1:53
2nd Qualifying attempt: 3:46
2nd Race: 4:42

Status