FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schedule Tables (any mistakes please say)

Nations
Nations 20-21 Exhibition Season 1.png

Manufacturers
Manufacturers 20'21 Exhibition Season 1.png

Combined schedule by @AlexWilmot
2020/21 exhibition series 1 all in the attached PDF

Also reminder that whatever manu you pick, you'll have for 10 weeks (even if it is the same number of races) so if you care about your choice choose wisely

Nations
View attachment 951019

Manufacturers
View attachment 951020

Also reminder that whatever manu you pick, you'll have for 10 weeks (even if it is the same number of races) so if you care about your choice choose wisely

Damn, you’re fast!! Thanks very much for taking the time to make these man! They’re super helpful. :cheers:

TYVM! :cheers: Looks like Aston or Dodge it is then. :)

Yeah, Aston Martin is another manufacturer I’ve had an eye on and based on the races I’m going to have the free time to do (the Saturday rounds), it’s the better choice over Mazda. Hopefully next season I can give the latter a shot.

Any BOP updates or announcements? Surely it's coming.... I'll get my ps4 back on the 25th so this works out perfectly just enough time to knock off the rust for race day.

Looking forward to my 2nd season over all and another go with Ford... caught fire in the 3rd stage when I switched to manual and learned how to fuel save from teammates @ TPC. Ripping off 6 out of 8 scores in the 3rd stage now to keep it rolling.

20200821_074548.jpg

20200821_074611.jpg

Should probably give a shout out to @VulcanSpirit I learned a lot from you once I found GT planet thanks for sharing your replays they were very insightful! Going Ford again?

Last edited:
Some things that jump out at me when looking through this for the first time:

1) 37 laps in a Gr3 car at Tsukuba... elbows out! Hope that race is more enjoyable than the Rally Cars race in the prior season
2) Glad to see the Goodwood race in Gr4... not a track I've raced on before, besides the Dailies with Minis
3) I like the longer races in some examples...
4) Also like the increased number of one-make races in the Nations Cup
5) Fun to race the Bugattis when they are normally useless against other models, a one-make gives the chance to have some fun in them
6) Same for the Audi e-Tron Vision race... might be a fun one
7) Group C!
8) Always like racing in the Red Bull Junior cars... a nice sprint race... but wait: 13x Tire wear!!?! That'll be interesting too.

Nations
View attachment 951019

Manufacturers
View attachment 951020

Some things that jump out at me when looking through this for the first time:

1) 37 laps in a Gr3 car at Tsukuba... elbows out! Hope that race is more enjoyable than the Rally Cars race in the prior season
2) Glad to see the Goodwood race in Gr4... not a track I've raced on before, besides the Dailies with Minis
3) I like the longer races in some examples...
4) Also like the increased number of one-make races in the Nations Cup
5) Fun to race the Bugattis when they are normally useless against other models, a one-make gives the chance to have some fun in them
6) Same for the Audi e-Tron Vision race... might be a fun one
7) Group C!
8) Always like racing in the Red Bull Junior cars... a nice sprint race... but wait: 13x Tire wear!!?! That'll be interesting too.

37 laps @ Tsukuba will be intense to say the least...

Great racing with you @KosmoKazi my first racing buddy on this game :cheers: to another season in the works!

Gr. 3 at Tsukuba for Manu Round 3...can't wait for the memes there.

Also, a Group C-specific race in Nation's?? Am I dreaming??

I'm also glad to have another RB Jr. race, and at one of my favorite tracks too! While the Chicane of Death should be much easier to take with these cars, I wonder if the curbs there combined with their tendency to randomly swap ends will still make for a big mess there.

These races look much longer than the actual FIA season...

Also while PD seems to be in the experimenting mood, can we get Gr. 3 at Northern Isle next? :lol: 100 laps with pit stops! BRISTOL, BABY! :cool:

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before but with regards to manufacturers, if you already have one of their cars in your garage can you use that in the races? Or do you have to use the car(s) you receive when you sign your contract?

I'm going to go with Aston Martin and I have the Vantage group 3 already so if I can use that in the races I'd pick the DBR9 on signing.

Thanks

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before but with regards to manufacturers, if you already have one of their cars in your garage can you use that in the races? Or do you have to use the car(s) you receive when you sign your contract?

I'm going to go with Aston Martin and I have the Vantage group 3 already so if I can use that in the races I'd pick the DBR9 on signing.

Thanks
You have to use the cars they give you when you sign the contract

Am I the only one that’s a bit meh with the manu schedule.

Seaside - worst track in the game (unpopular opinion I know!!!)
Tsukuba Gr3 - hahaha wtf
Fuji Gr3 - how many times do we need this combo.
Good wood - even Gr4 cars are too fast for that circuit.
Tokyo east inner Gr4 - again how many times now?

Looks like I’m skipping most of this one again, maybe I’ll focus more on nations this time as I totally skipped it last season.

Any BOP updates or announcements? Surely it's coming.... I'll get my ps4 back on the 25th so this works out perfectly just enough time to knock off the rust for race day.

Looking forward to my 2nd season over all and another go with Ford... caught fire in the 3rd stage when I switched to manual and learned how to fuel save from teammates @ TPC. Ripping off 6 out of 8 scores in the 3rd stage now to keep it rolling.

View attachment 951041
View attachment 951040

Should probably give a shout out to @VulcanSpirit I learned a lot from you once I found GT planet thanks for sharing your replays they were very insightful! Going Ford again?
Glad you found my replays insightful; best of luck for the coming season! :)

Currently taking a break from Manufacturers, but looking forward to the Nations Group C round.

I like what PD did with the schedule. It allows more time to practice. I will probably do all of the races except the Nations Audi e-torn VGT (I don’t have one and don’t know if buying it would be worth it) and Manufacturers Tsukuba (37 is a lot of laps on a track I’m not very fond of).

Now I just need to nail down a manufacturer......I think I know who I’m going with but I may test a few more cars first...

See you all out on the track!

@05XR8 come on! I need a teammate at Mazda. Agreed with the Gr. 4 Supra. I mean they already have a GT4 Supra.

I asked for a Gr. 2 race outside Suzuka and Fuji, and what do the racing gods give me? Red Bull *********** Ring! Though the NSX 2016 is legit there.

Nation's Cup will for me be very aggressive. Only see 6 races (maybe Red Bull Juniors for 7) that are interesting me, so results are a must.

As for the Manufacturer's Cup, going to attempt all 10. Schedule really looks like it could suit the Atenza across the board.

@05XR8 come on! I need a teammate at Mazda. Agreed with the Gr. 4 Supra. I mean they already have a GT4 Supra.

I asked for a Gr. 2 race outside Suzuka and Fuji, and what do the racing gods give me? Red Bull *********** Ring! Though the NSX 2016 is legit there.

Nation's Cup will for me be very aggressive. Only see 6 races (maybe Red Bull Juniors for 7) that are interesting me, so results are a must.

As for the Manufacturer's Cup, going to attempt all 10. Schedule really looks like it could suit the Atenza across the board.
I'm not worried about tyre wear. I'd like an FR to replicate GT4 for my own immersion. Now, in saying that, I'm feeling the recent Super Touring vibe that the announced BTCC game may include. Dressing an Atenza in the classic BTCC liveries for each Gr.4 race, are definitely on the cards. :sly:

Alsace is probably the most challenging for the Atenza, in terms of a bad performance. We'll see. I may yet be swayed. ;)

Group C race...finally. And it looks like modern Le Mans, so maybe the R92CP won't be the absolute best.
The Audi e-tron VGT race is promising, I've had VGTs collecting dust in the garage and it's nice to see one of them get used in a race for once.

Unfortunately, it's the non chicaned version so R92CP is going to be the one and only choice if you want to be competitive. It's another 458 @ SSRX situation :grumpy:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/sportmode/championship/2526/round/9

All the other races look interesting at least. Love the longer races and this time it looks like multiple strats are viable. Nations has interesting forced car choices. M4 vs RCF looks more balanced than the Corvette vs Cayman we've had last season. Audi VGT is going to be an exercise of preserving front tyres :lol:

Manu looks pretty standard except for Tsukuba Gr.3 - that's gonna be even more chaos than the rally cars last season :scared: Also nice to see Tokyo East Inner for once. The only time I've raced here in dailies was in a bunch of Copens last year. The hairpin as T1 is going to be absolute carnage :lol:

For Manu choice, I never use the same car twice and I stay away from FR/FR brands. The only choices left for me are Audi, VW, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Porsche and Alfa. Time to roll the dice and do some livery hunting :D

Loving the more spread out schedules too. I've always felt 4 races a week are a bit much. 2 races are perfect. It's weird swapping the day for Nation/Manu halfway through - PD are probably just gathering player numbers data but I don't think it's gonna affect participation rates here in Oceania. Nations is always dead no matter if it's weekday or weekend.

Only thing I still don't like is 10 min quali. Also please fix the penalty system before the season starts :nervous:

Only in top split. I won several times last time we had that combo in daily race in the 787b.

Well yes, obviously if you're racing in a lower split than your skill level where people don't get close to the limit (and crash/get a lot of penalties), you can still win in the other cars.

EDIT: After looking at the tyre multipliers, it's quite high so it's possible for the 787B to be quite competitive in race trim as the R92CP has worse wear. Grid start might also mix up things, will need to test.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back